Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #226
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

I really love to stay the POFQ for my birthday!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #227
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post
Okay, I posted this on the main boards, but thought this may be a better place. We will be traveling in June, and our kids will be 2 and 5. We have been thinking of staying at CBR, but I worry about the size of the resort, so we starting thinking about staying here. A big part of the reason is, having 2 resorts to be able to visit. I am not sure how far the 2 main pools and Food areas are from each other.
Does the boat run between POR and POFQ durning the day, or only in the AM? Does the boat drop you off near the main pools or dining?

It also seems like a treat to be able to get to DTD pretty easy on a boat. Any advice would be great! I am not concerend about a view, but also would like a suggestion on a location for a standard room.

One More question: When taking the boat downtown disney, where do you get dropped off, which part of downtown? Thanks!
Hi there!

The boat runs regularly through the day between the 2 resorts, but walking is probably easier - it's only a pleasant 5 minute walk along the riverside! And if any staff are passing by on one of their 'golf buggies' they may give you a lift! Happened to us - completely unexpected but a nice piece of Disney magic!

What I liked about POFQ is that it's quite small, so wherever you are in the resort it's never too far a walk to get to the pool/reception/food hall etc. Buildings 2 & 5 are nearest the pool, 3 & 4 nearest the reception/food hall. We were in building 6, facing Rue D'Baga, and it was only a couple of minutes walk to the amentities.

Di x

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW

Last edited by Dr_Finkelstein; 12-28-2008 at 03:15 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #228
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caperdoc View Post
Happy New Year to my fellow disers! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 older teens. We currently have a lagoon view at the Poly for the 4 of us. I was trolling on the website "vacations to go" and I was able to book 2 standard view rooms for $1616.00 for the first week of May. Add on an extra $1000.00 for park passes and I am still saving $900.00 compared to the Poly. But... as I am not booking directly with Disney ( 4 for 3 deal sold out on our dates) can I expect the standard view room to have a horrible view? Does anyone have pics of a parking lot view?
Another con- not on the monorail system which would have made it really easy for us to split up.
Please help me decide. I must decide by Monday at 6:00PM, when the courtedy hold is up for the POFQ rooms.
To give you an idea of our taste: We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort 2 years ago and didn't really like it. We didn't like the " motel" feel of the resort. We love AKL and have stayed there twice.
Please help with our decision!!
Gail

Don't know if this will help much - but this was the view from our room in building 6, looking onto Rue D'Baga. We had just paid for 'standard view'. There is plenty of landscaping about, so I'd say most car park views are obscured by trees/bushes/etc.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #229
fourfoxesinpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
I know that you did not ask but I would not pay for a river view at POFQ. There are no balconies, just a wrap around walkway so in order to enjoy the view you really need to leave your room. I requested a river view on my first stay and was disappointed that I did not get to enjoy it from my room. There are no benches or chairs to sit on in the walkways.
Thanks for your opinion. I called to extend our trip by two nights and found the water view unavailable so we now have standard and, based on your post, I'm very comfortable with that. I requested Bldg. 5, then 2.

11/01 & 11/02: 1st Family trips to DW - offsite
10/03 First trip onsite at Coronado Springs
9/04: First DCL Magic Western sailing after Hurricane Jeanne
9/05: A full 7 night Magic Western sailing
11/06: Magic Eastern
11/07: 3 nights on the Wonder
11/08: 4 nights on the Wonder
3/09: Pop Century with Sister's Family
6/09: POFQ
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #230
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

Is there a business center at POFQ where I can access email and such? If not, is there a place at DTD or another area nearby?
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #231
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoren11 View Post
Is there a business center at POFQ where I can access email and such?
Sorry, no. The only moderate to offer this is CSR for the convention folks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #232
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is there a business center at POFQ where I can access email and such? If not, is there a place at DTD or another area nearby?
There is internet access in each of the rooms if you have a laptop with you - I think it was about $10 for 24 hours.

Di x

Old 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #233
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

Think I could turn it on maybe every third day or something to check email and blog a little bit, or do they make it so you have to have it the whole time you are there? is it easy to have turned on and off?
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #234
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
Thanks for your opinion. I called to extend our trip by two nights and found the water view unavailable so we now have standard and, based on your post, I'm very comfortable with that. I requested Bldg. 5, then 2.
We were in bldg 2 and I was happy with that. I had requested my buildings in teh same order that you did.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #235
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

Nancyg56! I are staying in the POFQ with my family what is the building look like! do you have some pictures of this hotel!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #236
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
is it easy to have turned on and off?
Very easy, just go to your web browser and it will ask you to confirm if you want to connect. At that point, if you say "Yes" you will be charged $9.95 to your room account and the internet connection will work whenever you turn the laptop on during the next 24 hours.

If the time has expired, you will be offered another 24 hours which you can accept whenever suits you.

The nice thing is that if you connect at (say) 2pm one day, you'll have a connection available until 2pm the next day - so you can get two half-days, rather than having to have midnight-to-midnight access on one day.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-30-2008, 01:01 AM   #237
muffyn
"hmmm*

busses & DTD

where are the bus stops at DTD to head back to POFQ? & what time do they run till? what resorts(stops) do they make between DTD & POFQ?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #238
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post
where are the bus stops at DTD to head back to POFQ? & what time do they run till? what resorts(stops) do they make between DTD & POFQ?
There are several stops at DTD, one near the Rainforest Cafe, one near Planet Hollywood and one over by Cirque du Soleil. Buses usually stop at all three, with the main Rainforest Cafe one first. During the day, buses going from POFQ/POR to DTD also stop off at Typhoon Lagoon on the way.

Don't forget you've also got the very pleasant Sassagoula river ferry that you can use, takes about 15 mins from POFQ.

Andre

Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #239
mrsturtle
nj mom of 2 boys

nice pic and info. it is a very nice resort.

me DH DS (3) DS (2)

poly 1977
offsite the early 80's
offsite 1991
POFQ 1997
CB 1999
BCV 2009
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #240
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post
We always took the boat, much nicer and faster than the buses!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: