Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #211
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I wanted to know is that POFQ has elevators in every room! which rooms is the closes to the buses to the all theme parks!
Elevators in every room - that'd be handy...

POFQ does have elevators in every building though, and building 4 is closest to the bus stop for the parks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #212
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

We stayed in POFQ for 2 weeks beginning of November and it was fantastic! I just loved the resort as did my whole family. We were in building 6 looking onto Rue D'Baga which was lovely, but the good thing about POFQ, I don't think it would really matter what building you were in, you're never too far away from the main building or the pool.

We walked over to POR a couple of times, once to use the pool as FQ pool was temporarily closed for the afternoon, and used the food court over there a couple of times as well - I liked the idea that you got 'two resorts for one' during your stay at Port Orleans.

The boat trip to DTD was great as well, the whole resort is just so relaxing, the grounds are just beautiful, as is the themeing. DH preferred the food court at POR, he felt FQ was too small, but that's what I liked about it!

You also have to try the biegnets - to die for!

I just loved POFQ - I would go back in a heartbeat, we're planning our next trip for 2010, DH wants to try another mod, so we're planning POR - so I'm close to POFQ (my new spiritual home!)

Di x

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #213
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Elevators in every room - that'd be handy...

POFQ does have elevators in every building though, and building 4 is closest to the bus stop for the parks.

Andre
thanks for the info Andre! Andre! one more thing that forgot! where is going to be a online check-in lobby for POFQ!

Happy holidays!

Last edited by jeanylaser; 12-26-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #214
wdwdreamin

Been here for ages !!

Just wanted to say Thank You to all who recommended Elliot Dyson at Scat Cats! He was wonderful! Not only very talented but also very personable. I can't believe how well he remembered names!

Growing older is inevitable, growing up is optional. You don't stop playing because you get older; you get older when you stop playing!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #215
jeanylaser

thanks for the info Andre! Andre! one more thing that forgot! where is going to be a online check-in lobby for POFQ!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #216
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I assume you are asking about airline checkin, for when you are due to leave the resort? Just ask at the main lobby when you get there, they'll let you know if they can do it for you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #217
fourfoxesinpa
DIS Veteran

I would like to request a River View room in Bldg 5 or 2 for our stay. Is there a preferred floor I should request? Is floor 3 view obstructed by trees? Is floor 1 obstructed by bushes and distracted with foot traffic?

Thanks for advice.

11/01 & 11/02: 1st Family trips to DW - offsite
10/03 First trip onsite at Coronado Springs
9/04: First DCL Magic Western sailing after Hurricane Jeanne
9/05: A full 7 night Magic Western sailing
11/06: Magic Eastern
11/07: 3 nights on the Wonder
11/08: 4 nights on the Wonder
3/09: Pop Century with Sister's Family
6/09: POFQ
Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #218
jeanylaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I assume you are asking about airline checkin, for when you are due to leave the resort? Just ask at the main lobby when you get there, they'll let you know if they can do it for you.

Andre
YES! That is the question was in my mind Andre!Can we do this in the website or call disney reservations office!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #219
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
I would like to request a River View room in Bldg 5 or 2 for our stay. Is there a preferred floor I should request? Is floor 3 view obstructed by trees? Is floor 1 obstructed by bushes and distracted with foot traffic?

Thanks for advice.
I know that you did not ask but I would not pay for a river view at POFQ. There are no balconies, just a wrap around walkway so in order to enjoy the view you really need to leave your room. I requested a river view on my first stay and was disappointed that I did not get to enjoy it from my room. There are no benches or chairs to sit on in the walkways.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #220
caperdoc
After 7 trips, I said I wasn't going to WDW again till I had grandkids!!...wrong...

I have 2 ressies-2 rooms at POFQ or 1 room Poly

Happy New Year to my fellow disers! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 older teens. We currently have a lagoon view at the Poly for the 4 of us. I was trolling on the website "vacations to go" and I was able to book 2 standard view rooms for $1616.00 for the first week of May. Add on an extra $1000.00 for park passes and I am still saving $900.00 compared to the Poly. But... as I am not booking directly with Disney ( 4 for 3 deal sold out on our dates) can I expect the standard view room to have a horrible view? Does anyone have pics of a parking lot view?
Another con- not on the monorail system which would have made it really easy for us to split up.
Please help me decide. I must decide by Monday at 6:00PM, when the courtedy hold is up for the POFQ rooms.
To give you an idea of our taste: We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort 2 years ago and didn't really like it. We didn't like the " motel" feel of the resort. We love AKL and have stayed there twice.
Please help with our decision!!
Gail
Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #221
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

Thinking of staying at FQ

Okay, I posted this on the main boards, but thought this may be a better place. We will be traveling in June, and our kids will be 2 and 5. We have been thinking of staying at CBR, but I worry about the size of the resort, so we starting thinking about staying here. A big part of the reason is, having 2 resorts to be able to visit. I am not sure how far the 2 main pools and Food areas are from each other.
Does the boat run between POR and POFQ durning the day, or only in the AM? Does the boat drop you off near the main pools or dining?

It also seems like a treat to be able to get to DTD pretty easy on a boat. Any advice would be great! I am not concerend about a view, but also would like a suggestion on a location for a standard room.

One More question: When taking the boat downtown disney, where do you get dropped off, which part of downtown? Thanks!

Last edited by buzz1fan; 12-27-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #222
jeanylaser

thinking to stay in POFQ too!

When I saw this thread of the POFQ! I was thinking to stay there! YES! for only $94.00 florida resident special! I'm so excited! :sohappy::sohappy: thanks Andre for this info!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #223
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caperdoc View Post
Happy New Year to my fellow disers! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 older teens. We currently have a lagoon view at the Poly for the 4 of us. I was trolling on the website "vacations to go" and I was able to book 2 standard view rooms for $1616.00 for the first week of May. Add on an extra $1000.00 for park passes and I am still saving $900.00 compared to the Poly. But... as I am not booking directly with Disney ( 4 for 3 deal sold out on our dates) can I expect the standard view room to have a horrible view? Does anyone have pics of a parking lot view?
Another con- not on the monorail system which would have made it really easy for us to split up.
Please help me decide. I must decide by Monday at 6:00PM, when the courtedy hold is up for the POFQ rooms.
To give you an idea of our taste: We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort 2 years ago and didn't really like it. We didn't like the " motel" feel of the resort. We love AKL and have stayed there twice.
Please help with our decision!!
Gail
What a tough call! I have stayed at POFQ, AKL and the Poly. The monorail is a huge advantage for the Poly, for me it is the only advantage. I loved ALK adn would stay there in a heartbeat again. POFQ is a lovely resort and did not really have the motel feel to me. IMO, view does not really matter for POFQ rooms, there are no balconies. If you want the Poly and are comfortable with the cost I would take it and save the mods for another trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post
Does the boat run between POR and POFQ durning the day, or only in the AM? Does the boat drop you off near the main pools or dining?

It also seems like a treat to be able to get to DTD pretty easy on a boat. Any advice would be great! I am not concerend about a view, but also would like a suggestion on a location for a standard room.

One More question: When taking the boat downtown disney, where do you get dropped off, which part of downtown? Thanks!
The boat runs all day long between the two resorts. We get dropped of at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I believe that 2 and 5 are closest tot he pool and 3 and 4 closest to the food court. This is a small resort so there really are no bad buildings.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #224
caperdoc
After 7 trips, I said I wasn't going to WDW again till I had grandkids!!...wrong...

Thanks Nancy for your thoughtful answer. I still feel that having 2 rooms instead of one may be the deal breaker. DH suggested tonight that maybe we could get another room at the Poly for the last 3 nights of our 7 night stay if we could get a good code for Poly for room only in May. That way we would all get a break from each other for half the week!
Any other thoughts on our options? Thanks to all
Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #225
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

caperdoc- that sounds like the best of both worlds. I love POFQ so staying there is never a hardship for me. If not for the monorail the Poly would have no draw but with older children I agree that two rooms is a huge plus and the monorail less of a priority.

I love the music that plays along the walkways and while the pool theme seems to be more for the young set your family will still be able to enjoy it. POR is a nice ride or walk away and the restaurant is very good.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: