Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #196
ruthma
WISH I WAS TINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsmum1998 View Post
Can somebody tell me if the coffee makers take cone or basket filters? I know there are pods in the room but DH will like his own coffee. TIA, Kim
filters

Old 12-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #197
lagasan
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info on this thread and the website. It helped a great deal with my resort decision. We will be at POFQ 1/11-1/18. Looking forward to a relaxing and fun week. I have a few questions and apologize in advance if these are answered somewhere in here.

Do you think Boatwright's is worth a visit for dinner? I think the menu looks pretty good. And for breakfast, I would love to try those sweet potato pancakes.

One of the reasons I picked POFQ is the boat ride to DTD. Do you find it runs on schedule during the winter months?

Crossing my fingers for some unusually warm weather. But then I am from the great white north (looking out the window at 16 inches of snow) so it will feel warm no matter what. We might even try that pool out.

Anne
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #198
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthma View Post
filters
are they pointed at the bottom or flat?

Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #199
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagasan View Post
Do you think Boatwright's is worth a visit for dinner? I think the menu looks pretty good. And for breakfast, I would love to try those sweet potato pancakes.

One of the reasons I picked POFQ is the boat ride to DTD. Do you find it runs on schedule during the winter months?

Crossing my fingers for some unusually warm weather. But then I am from the great white north (looking out the window at 16 inches of snow) so it will feel warm no matter what. We might even try that pool out.
Boatwright's is well worth a try for a change from counter service food, especially for breakfast which gets very good comments. Have a listen to Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Show #97, in which food is never very far from the topic of conversation...

Don't worry, the DTD boats run year-round, expect for during very stormy weather.

And as for weather, it can get a little chiller in the winter - but compared to 16 inches of snow it'll be positively tropical! I think it's been up as high as the low 80's last week, for example. You'll have a great time!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 AM   #200
ruthma
WISH I WAS TINK

Quote:
flat

Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 AM   #201
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Flat #4 type.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #202
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Thank you both

Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #203
Buzz's Buddy
DIS Veteran

This thread is great!

We'll be staying at POFQ for the first time ever for 3 nights starting next Monday. We are DVC members, but we couldn't get a reservation at any DVC resort despite being on the wait list for almost 7 months!

We have reservations at a DVC resort beginning on 1/1/09, but we couldn't get anything for the first 3 nights of our trip. We had a back-up reservation at the Dolphin, but we were really hoping for a Disney resort. I just happened to get lucky yesterday morning when the POFQ popped up as available on disneyworld.com. I immediately made the reservation and called to update magical express. I just hope we get our luggage tags before we leave.

I can't tell you how happy we are to be staying at the Frech Quarter!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #204
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle View Post
We never went to POR going to a park and only went there first one time coming back from DHS.
We did not make the rounds in the morning but every trip after noontime we went to every stop in POR. Return from the parks in the evening was just POFQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment!
The slide is open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagasan View Post
Thanks for all the info on this thread and the website. It helped a great deal with my resort decision. We will be at POFQ 1/11-1/18. Looking forward to a relaxing and fun week. I have a few questions and apologize in advance if these are answered somewhere in here.

Anne
Anne, we loved Boatwrights for dinner. Warning: if you want to eat your dinner do not ask for more cornbread! It was so good we ate the first basket and then ate the second . Dinner was great so we managed to make a good dent. Then we had dessert! I think the second helping of cornbread was the problem....my soon to be ex son IL thinks we just ate to much . I was sorry we only scheduled it one time. We did have breakfast one day and used the DDP. I won't waste a credit again., The prices were very reasonable so we would pay OOP for this one. The sweet potato pancakes were amazing. The stuffed French toast was good but after having Tonga Toast we all agreed this one was not as good.

The boat ride was nice. The weather was mostly good, the first two days were cold but then 80's after that. The weather was supposed to turn colder this week.

I have been three times in January and the weather is not predictable. One day it is warm enough to swim, the next you want your mittens .

It was getting crazy busy in Saturday but the staff was not flustered at all. They continued to play with the kids, trade pins and chat with guests.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #205
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

Thanks for the info! I wanted to stay in POFQ so badly in January!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 12-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #206
pamelasu1
Mouseketeer

Boatwright's is sounding like someplace we might want to try! Do you all recommend reservations for dinner there? (we will be there the first week of Feb.)

Thanks,
Pam
Old 12-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #207
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelasu1 View Post
Boatwright's is sounding like someplace we might want to try! Do you all recommend reservations for dinner there? (we will be there the first week of Feb.)

Thanks,
Pam
I would but I always make ADR's. I imagine that Boatwrights would be one of the easier meals to get because the resort is not on the beaten path. We were able to get an ADR at Shutters for 6 PM when I called at noon. IT was booked solid that night but had openings earlier. I bet Boatwrights is like that, opening early in the day but filled woth resprt guests that night.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #208
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz's Buddy View Post
We'll be staying at POFQ for the first time ever for 3 nights starting next Monday. We are DVC members, but we couldn't get a reservation at any DVC resort despite being on the wait list for almost 7 months!

I just happened to get lucky yesterday morning when the POFQ popped up as available on disneyworld.com. I can't tell you how happy we are to be staying at the Frech Quarter!
Well done, shows it's worth persevering! Glad you got POFQ, I'm sure you'll have a lovely start to your vacation there.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #209
skipperkim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They take the 4 cup flat bottom type of filter.
May 2005 - Cont
Oct 2005 - POFQ
Sept 2006 - POFQ
Dec 2008 - CSR
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #210
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

I wanted to know is that POFQ has elevators in every room! which rooms is the closes to the buses to the all theme parks!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: