Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #1651
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Thanks so much! Believe it or not @ $2 a cup that will still be cheaper than ordering it from GG! At least it gives me options! Thanks so much! I will keep thinking on the water!
We order our water from Costco - it's about $7 a case, including shipping. There is no minimum for the order unlike the grocery delivery places.

I got sucked into y'all's thread!

We're planning a trip in March and have booked the WL, but the POFQ keeps calling to me...
Jan 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Feb 2008 - Grand Floridian
Old 11-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #1652
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
We are goig the 4th thru the 11th at POFQ so will be there or Pop Warner !! I have been at DW during this week befr and haN issue with te Cheerladers !! They are up allght and sleep all day so didn't mess anything up for me !! I dont plan on swimiming at midnight and will be at Rope drop most days !!
Here's what I found....oh, dear! I tried to look at the brochure to see where they are staying, but the link was not working correctly.
Quote:
Feb. 5-7. National Dance Team Championship.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 11-07-2009 at 08:07 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #1653
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Here's what I found....oh, dear! I tried to look at the brochure to see where they are staying, but the link was not working correctly.
hey usually stay at AllStars and spill over at POP !! I am an expert on Teenage Cheerleaders and mornings are NOT in their itinaraies unless the coach makes them
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #1654
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
hey usually stay at AllStars and spill over at POP !! I am an expert on Teenage Cheerleaders and mornings are NOT in their itinaraies unless the coach makes them
Same as POP Warner in Dec - found a brochure that has an option for AS or CBR. An expert in cheerleading - yeah!!!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #1655
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Same as POP Warner in Dec - found a brochure that has an option for AS or CBR. An expert in cheerleading - yeah!!!!!
YES From August thr November it is nothing but CHEERING!! I usually go to the first competiton as it is on a Friday night the others are usually while I am working or I have to take off to watch KYLE!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #1656
Goofy's Mom
Goofy's Mom

Window Decorations

We will be at POFQ Dec 3rd for 10 days and want to put Christmas lights around window Does anyone know appr how many lights I would need using min Christmas lights or how big the window is
Old 11-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #1657
ransom
DIS Veteran

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see the hours for Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory on the first page. How late can you get a reasonable dinner there?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #1658
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Anyone that has stayed at POFQ recently and taken the busses to the parks I have a question for you. I had friends stay there the first week of October who reported that POFQ was the last picked up after POR and the last dropped off every time they used the busses. Has anyone else had the same or a different experience in the last month?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #1659
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

HI Everyone,
We leave arrive Nov. 11 and check-out the 14th. How do you find out if cheer squads or any other teams will be taking over the resort? I have planned this trip for 2 years and am not happy if we don't have the opportunity to sleep!

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #1660
Goofy's Mom
Goofy's Mom

Don't know about this yr but in 06 we stayed at POFQ the 1st wk of Dec during Pop Warner didn't have any groups at FQ in fact until the last sat. we had not run into any large groups look out Sat. Night at magic Kingdom
Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #1661
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
Anyone that has stayed at POFQ recently and taken the busses to the parks I have a question for you. I had friends stay there the first week of October who reported that POFQ was the last picked up after POR and the last dropped off every time they used the busses. Has anyone else had the same or a different experience in the last month?

Thanks
I was at POFQ from 10/18 to 10/25 and this was never the case. POFQ was always the first resort to be picked up. In fact, in most cases, the buses went directly from POFQ to the theme parks and bypassed POR. Even coming back from the parks (late afternoon or near closing), there were separate buses for POFQ and POR. The bus situation was one issue I was nervous about as this was the first time I stayed at POFQ without my own car. The buses were great, I don't think I waited more than 10 minutes. The only delays that occurred was when someone with a scooter need to be loaded onto a bus.

Have Fun!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #1662
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by distherapy View Post
We order our water from Costco - it's about $7 a case, including shipping. There is no minimum for the order unlike the grocery delivery places.

I got sucked into y'all's thread!

We're planning a trip in March and have booked the WL, but the POFQ keeps calling to me...
Thanks for the idea! I will check into it!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #1663
angwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I was at POFQ from 10/18 to 10/25 and this was never the case. POFQ was always the first resort to be picked up. In fact, in most cases, the buses went directly from POFQ to the theme parks and bypassed POR. Even coming back from the parks (late afternoon or near closing), there were separate buses for POFQ and POR. The bus situation was one issue I was nervous about as this was the first time I stayed at POFQ without my own car. The buses were great, I don't think I waited more than 10 minutes. The only delays that occurred was when someone with a scooter need to be loaded onto a bus.

Have Fun!
Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I guess they must have been trying something new the week my friends were there.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #1664
angwill

I read on another thread that Costco will not deliver water to a resort as of a month or so ago. I would suggest you call and ask first before you find out a week before the trip that you need an alternative place to get water.

HTH
Old 11-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #1665
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
I read on another thread that Costco will not deliver water to a resort as of a month or so ago. I would suggest you call and ask first before you find out a week before the trip that you need an alternative place to get water.
Of course as a last desperate option if all else fails, there's always the tap...

Actually, the chilled water dispensers in the food court are not too bad, I tend to fill up a bottle from there before we head out to the parks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: