Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #1636
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
My very very strong advice is to NOT request a specific building. Instead, it'll be MUCH more effective to request "near parking lot."
Perhaps that is what I should do. When we went to POR in October last year (sniff-sniff--exactly one year ago), I requested a room near the parking lot and got a 1st floor room in Building 14.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #1637
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I just got back from POFQ yesterday. I don't remember seeing large bottles of water at the food court. They did have your typical bottled water (Dasani, Smart Water). I also have to eat yogurt every day. The food courts do have 6 oz serving sizes of Yoplait (only flavor I could find was mixed berry) at $2.00 per cup! I spent alot of $ on yogurt.
Thanks so much! Believe it or not @ $2 a cup that will still be cheaper than ordering it from GG! At least it gives me options! Thanks so much! I will keep thinking on the water!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #1638
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hello all, just jumping in here, we are most likely staying at FQ at the last week of April! Thanks so far for everyone's great advice and information!!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #1639
areno79
DIS Veteran

We just got back from our first stay at FQ last week, and wanted to say that we LOVED this resort. I had requested a first floor room close to the bus stop, and we ended up in room 3119 (building 3). Basically you walk out of the main building/food court, take a right, and walk straight until you hit our room. Awesome location as it was close to everything, and still quiet.

I was worried about buses, but we never waited more than 10 minutes the entire week. We did have to pick up Riverside guests a couple of times when getting buses in the middle of the day, but most of the time the FQ and POR buses were separate.

We did go in the pool a couple of times, and the water temp was perfect. The air temp however made it downright chilly when you got out of the water.

February 2003- Courtyard Marriott at Downtown Disney
May 2005- Pop Century
March 2007-Universal
Oct 2009- POFQ and MNSSHP
April 21-28, 2012- Off-site villa

Old 10-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #1640
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I did call and request a room with a parking lot view today. I felt bad calling today, because I think that it was a tough day in general for CMs with the dining going to 180 days today, but he was a kind CM named Samuel.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #1641
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areno79 View Post
We just got back from our first stay at FQ last week, and wanted to say that we LOVED this resort. I had requested a first floor room close to the bus stop, and we ended up in room 3119 (building 3). Basically you walk out of the main building/food court, take a right, and walk straight until you hit our room. Awesome location as it was close to everything, and still quiet.

I was worried about buses, but we never waited more than 10 minutes the entire week. We did have to pick up Riverside guests a couple of times when getting buses in the middle of the day, but most of the time the FQ and POR buses were separate.

We did go in the pool a couple of times, and the water temp was perfect. The air temp however made it downright chilly when you got out of the water.
We were in 3121 last May, great location! I hope we get building 3 again. Oh please oh please. Glad you had a nice stay.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #1642
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

i was grumpy after finding out that Pop Warner Group is blocked off for POR Riverside during my upcoming vacation. One of the reasons i selected it was because it seems to be so relaxed & quiet. I've been @ WDW the same time in the past (value resort) and found this group's members we encountered very respectful and well-monitored (can't say the same for other groups we've seen); it's just that i've found that being @ a resort with any large group is a hassle. Typically, their schedules are all the same and the pools, food court & buses get slammed.

The first week in December just seems to keep getting more popular it appears & it's too late to switch things (not that there was any other resorts available anyway that week once the announcement for Pop Warner was made).

Trying to make the best of this & not stress...a crowded week @ WDW is waaaaay better than being stuck in Pittsburgh during the winter. Just wondering, as we've never visited POR, im unfamiliar with the actual layout other than the maps i've seen. Im wondering if the distance between the 2 resorts may help to keep the bulk of the group @ Riverside or should I plan on trying to use facilities off peak and drive to the parks in lieu of bus?

Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #1643
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by areno79 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
We were in 3121 last May, great location! I hope we get building 3 again. Oh please oh please. Glad you had a nice stay.
We had rooms 3123 and 3124 a couple of years ago and really liked them a lot too. A great location in a fabulous resort!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #1644
waw1961
Earning My Ears

bump
2000 Dixie Landings
2002 All Star Movies & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2004 Carribean Beach Resort
2006 Pop Century Resort
2007 Coronado Springs
2008 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
2010 Port Orleans FQ
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #1645
daileyad
Mouseketeer

Is luggage services open 24 hours?

We won't get in till almost 1:00 am and are then taking magic express to POFQ. We are doing a split stay so I would love to pack what we need for POFQ in just one suitcase and leave the others in luggage services so we don't have to drag all our luggage to the room. Will they be open?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #1646
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daileyad View Post
We won't get in till almost 1:00 am and are then taking magic express to POFQ. We are doing a split stay so I would love to pack what we need for POFQ in just one suitcase and leave the others in luggage services so we don't have to drag all our luggage to the room. Will they be open?
Yes, Bell Services is open 24 hours a day. They can bring ALL your bags to your room (if you want) ... you just have to ask. No need to drag your own bags to your room if you don't want to.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #1647
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We had rooms 3123 and 3124 a couple of years ago and really liked them a lot too. A great location in a fabulous resort!
We were in 3222 and 3223 and it was a great location. Great resort too
Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #1648
DJT
DIS Veteran

We decided to drive this trip. Got back Saturday night. Had a great drive both ways, beautiful with the fall colors. We were in room 2311. I had requested third floor. Very quiet. We could walk out our door, turn left, go down the stairs and there was the river and just a few steps to the boat. Very nice. We were pleased. From our window we had a view of the beautiful fountain area. It was a little hike to the car but really didn't bother us. We just enjoyed the beauty of the resort on our walk to the car. We drove to the parks every day but the first day. Found it to be quicker than the buses and very easy. I would have posted sooner but the day after we got back my brother had a severe heart attack so I haven't done anything much except for spending time with him at the hospital. Thankfully he survived it and is doing well.

Donna
Old 11-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #1649
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

We are goig the 4th thru the 11th at POFQ so will be there or Pop Warner !! I have been at DW during this week befr and haN issue with te Cheerladers !! They are up allght and sleep all day so didn't mess anything up for me !! I dont plan on swimiming at midnight and will be at Rope drop most days !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #1650
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
I would have posted sooner but the day after we got back my brother had a severe heart attack so I haven't done anything much except for spending time with him at the hospital. Thankfully he survived it and is doing well.

Donna
Thank goodness your brother is doing well! Very special Thanksgiving Holiday for your family!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: