DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2001, 09:09 PM   #1
treloarf
DIS Veteran

Leaving for OKW in 2 weeks - any other DVCers going then?

First time as a DVC member who bought sight unseen. (Sent brother last May as a gift and he's picky, picky, picky! - he loved it)! Hope we do too. We're not doing anything real exciting, but relaxing around the pool, doing some pool hopping and 1 park. Anyone from DVC going 3/18 - 3/23 with kids 5 & 8?
treloarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 03:48 AM   #2
dvcdudes
Mouseketeer

May I suggest

You should use your pool hopping privilage at least one day and go to Stormalong Bay at Y&BC. Your kids will LOVE it. We just got back from BWV and didn't go into the parks everyday we were there either. We went over to Y&BC and the kids (7&11) loved it. I mean they wanted to skip park days and go back to the pool. I keep hearing these rumors about how pool hopping may be taken away so I would take advantage of it while we can and especially being that you are planning a low keyed vacation. This might be the perfect time. If you are looking for some free things to do for entertainment, in the evening head over to the BW and catch the BW entertainers. They are very, well, entertaining. My childeren also loved them. You can also watch the fireworks from illuminations on the bridge from the BW to Y&BC and International Gateway. It's a pretty good view. One thing we didn't do this trip but will be doing when we go back in AUG (don't plan on doing any of the 4 major parks, just DQ and BB water park) is going to one of the MK resorts on the water and catching the Electric Water Pageant. I hear the beach at the Polynesian is a good spot. Whatever you do... Have a great time and Welcome Home. :D

DVCDUDES
Owner BWV Feb 2000

dvcdudes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2001, 04:51 AM   #3
brittsmamabwv
Mouseketeer

Informative reply DVC!! And I agree with you totally. Our DD is 3 and she wanted to skip the parks also for stormalong bay.We spent two full days there (Home is BWV) so it was easy to get to. May I also suggest Cape May Cafe (at the BC) if you plan on spending alot of time at the BC. they have a great character breakfast buffet there. We usually plan a day at Storm ALong Bay and make PS's for the buffet at about 10:30 am. (combo breakfast and lunch) Its a wonderful day to spend there!! Have a great time!

When you wish upon a star...DVC will take you far...anything your heart desires....will come your way
brittsmamabwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 07:39 AM   #4
iluvdisney
DIS Veteran/DVC Member
Mr & Mrs Mallard have come home!

I will be there March 18th -23rd, staying at WVL on the 18th and 19th and moving over to OKW for the rest of the week. Be on the lookout for Lime Green Ribbons - I always wear mine! :D

Whenever they call me a dreamer, I think of Walt Disney and smile
iluvdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 03:44 PM   #5
Nutts4DVC
Mom the three kids, DH and twin boys!

We will be getting off the Wonder on the 22nd and then coming to OKW till April 1rst. Our 7 year old sons love Stormalong Bay--check it out!

Robin

Robin
Nutts4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 04:22 AM   #6
rbuzzotta
OKW until 2042
I only wish it could mean 24/7 until 2042!!!!
Cheer mom

We will be staying at DxL on points from March 19 to 26. We have 3 girls (9,5,2). My oldest will be at a cheerleading competition at Universal Studios on Friday. We plan on doing one WDW park and relaxing at the pool. We hope to be able to pool hop to Stormalong Bay one day (depending on if we are able to because of staying at DxL).

What is the lime green ribbon for?

Rosemary
Off-site every year since 1985
PO '96, '97, '99
Coronado '00
WL '94, '00
CB '98
VB '97, '98, '00
DVC member '00 OKW
DL '97, '01
BWV '01
rbuzzotta is offline   Reply With Quote