Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Happy Happy Happy Happy Halloween ~ Day 5 (and an unexpected Day 6)

Friday October 26th 2007

I always hate the last day so got up with a heavy heart and after breakfast we checked out and put our suitcases in the hotel's left luggage lockers.

We headed straight for the Studios first and after one look at the queue for Crush decided to leave it until next summer.

I don't know if anyone here plays Disney's Toontown game but this reminds me so much of it, I could be stood in Toontown Central in the game itself!!

The Tower of Terror was coming on well

and I loved the Wendy, Peter and Tink additions to the Sorcerer's Hat although why couldn't there have been a beautiful blue sky to enhance my photo?

This sign was a bit ironic

and we said Goodbye to Walt and Mickey knowing their background would be all finished next time we saw them!

WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

We went for lunch at The Lucky Nugget and had a fabulous time.

The band were wearing wacky wigs

The food was lovely and we saw Wendell

Mr Smee

[

Pluto

Minnie

Mickey

my sweetheart Robin Hood

and as we were posing for a photo with Goofy, Tigger bounced up!!

I had a magical moment here I was helping myself to the dessert buffet and just deciding whether or not to add a yoghurt dressing when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned round to find it was Minnie who insisted on piling my plate up with even more desserts and added a huge dollop of dressing! She then gave me a huge hug, I was on cloud nine the rest of the day!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013

Last edited by Ware Bears; 10-04-2008 at 05:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Unfortunately the afternoon went far too quickly. We rode Big Thunder Mountain for the very last time and watched the parade yet again, this time from by the Main Street Transportation building.

I love the dragon sat at the back of the final float!!

Last edited by Ware Bears; 10-04-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

what lovely pics again. looks like a great time. yeah the last day has to be a bit disheartening lol

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #5
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Then it really was time to start making a move back to our hotel ready for our journey home. We made a few final purchases on the way out of the park and got the bus back to our hotel. We collected our luggage and waited in reception ...... and waited ....... and waited.

The reception staff were very surprised and said it was very unusual for BSTransports to not show so they phoned the office for us and it turned out the driver was sat in the Disneyland Hotel car park. Thank goodness it was only a simple mistake and we hadn't been forgotten or worse still, the driver had an accident. He was with us in a few minutes and we were soon on our way to CDG.

This is where the fun now started. Earlier in the week we had noticed that BBC Worldnews was mentioning how there was a likelihood of a transport strike in France and Air France would probably be involved. We had decided to be typical ostriches and bury our heads in the sand and not worry about it until going-home time so we were mightily relieved to find our flight to Southampton was coming up on the departure boards. However, when we went to check-in we found there were only 3 seats left (for 5 of us) because some earlier flights to the UK had been cancelled due to cabin crew striking and the passengers from these flights had been put onto ours.

The check-in lady allocated us the 3 seats and said as some of the seats had been checked-in online there was a possibility there may be some no-shows and we would then all get to travel. Unfortunately this didn't happen so we had the choice of either 3 of us travelling and the other 2 following later or giving up the 3 seats and sticking together. We decided on the latter which greatly pleased the check-in lady as she was able to allocate these seats to 3 solo passengers.

I quickly phoned England to cancel the car that was coming to meet us and said I would be in touch later.

By now, it was utter chaos as more and more flights were showing as cancelled on the departure boards and the lady was having a nightmare trying to get us home. She had been planning to book us onto either the one remaining Bristol flight or one of the Heathrow ones and pay for a car home from there but the flights were being cancelled faster than she could check for seats for us. Then she tried to taxi us into Paris to send us back to Waterloo on the Eurostar but these were being cancelled too so in the end she said she would pay for us to spend the night at one of the airport hotels and would sort us out a flight for the next day. Only ........ as the next day was Saturday there was only one flight to Southampton and this was full so she decided it would be easier if we went via Dusseldorf until she found there weren't enough seats left.

Next thing I knew, she must have taken pity on us ~ or maybe it was because we seemed to be one of the few people who weren't ranting and raving and getting thoroughly unpleasant ~ anyhow suddenly she was printing up boarding cards for us and explained she had bumped some people off the Saturday flight for us (poor them but I was past caring by now, I needed to collect my dogs by Saturday tea-time ) and was now trying to book us into one of the airport hotels. No luck here either, they were by now all booked to full capacity. However, it meant that instead of being just well compensated for being bumped off we were now very well compensated with the choice of either finding a hotel and paying for it ourselves or staying in the departure lounge for the night and keeping all our compensation.

We chose the latter and told the girls to just treat it like an adventure. There were quite a few other people staying too, either they couldn't or chose not to get hotel rooms. I must say both Air France staff and CDG staff were absolutely marvellous. As well as the meal vouchers that Air France gave us, during the night CDG staff would regularly come out and bring us coffee, bottles of water and snacks. I can't praise them enough.

The girls got some sleep

so did Bryan, but I couldn't so managed to read a huge chunk of the seventh Harry Potter book.

I think we were all on tenterhooks the next morning, even though our flight was showing on the departure boards ~ I know I didn't relax properly until we actually started to board!

The previous night I had telephoned our car company to let them know we were now coming in the next morning and they were marvellous and promised to come and meet us at no extra charge. So it was utter bliss when we landed at Southampton and walked through to find a driver stood there with our name on his clipboard.

Of course, I would have used the compensation to book another holiday but my sensible hubby insisted it was used for replacement double-glazing for the front of the house!! This was the first time we've flown to DLRP as we've always caught the Eurostar before and many people have asked if it's put us off flying there in future but I'm going to work on the principle that lightning doesn't strike twice and if it does I do need a replacement porch!!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Ohmigosh - what a strange ending to your lovely holiday. Glad you didn't get too upset by it all.

Lovley photos and report of your last day in the Park.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:51 AM   #7
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Fantastic TR Elaine - well, apart from the night in the airport .

Thank you for posting it when you have too - its all got me right in the mood
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:30 AM   #8
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

What a nightmare ending! Glad to see you all treated it as an adventure though. Don't think I could have been as cheerful with 2 young children!

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #9
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

What a nightmare getting home!! Sounds like you got the best out of a bad situation though!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #10
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

What a great TR and interesting end.

You can't beat sleeping in a airport overnight...I've done it a few times for Westlife when i was younger lol.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Great report, at least you managed to get new windows out of your trip!
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #12
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmoloney View Post
What a nightmare ending! Glad to see you all treated it as an adventure though. Don't think I could have been as cheerful with 2 young children!
Luckily my DDs were 15, 12 and 11 at the time so old enough to cope. I'm sure it would have been a different story if they had been a lot younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
You can't beat sleeping in a airport overnight...I've done it a few times for Westlife when i was younger lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
Great report, at least you managed to get new windows out of your trip!
Yes, and very nice they are too! I kept teasing my DDs that I was hoping to get bumped off our August trip to help with the replacement porch but we played safe and did on-line check-in the day before at our hotel ...... then travelled home on a plane that was two-thirds empty!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: