Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008, 06:04 AM   #61
Ang_Park
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznEeyore View Post
Just the CD. I make scrapbooks for all our trips, so didn't really need the book.
has anyone gotten the $25 offer when they ordered the book?

- -
Ang_Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #62
Ang_Park
DIS Veteran

bump

- -
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #63
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

I have not seen any reports that the $25 offer is available with the CD/Book deal as that is a completely separate offer. In fact, one person reported that they had purchased the CD/book deal and did not get the $25 offer.

HTH!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #64
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Just got back from our wonderful trip. We used the $25 special offer with no problem.

Our photo session at GF was great. We had Bob and he was very professional and patient. We had a large group of ten and he got all the poses we wanted.

Interesting story. People should be more aware of these photo sessions. We had our twenty minutes to get our shots and we had a run-in with a family. Bob was trying to get a family shot with GF in the background. A clueless family stood right behind us, taking pictures of a stuffed animal on a bush! They delayed us for over 10 minutes, but the photographer extended our session for a few minutes.

I couldn't help but shake my head at the family. A stuffie is always picture ready. lol They can sit forever in any pose you want and are always smiling. A large party of ten...not so much.

The mother of the party started to yell remarks, gestures, etc. Luckily she was too far away by then to be heard.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #65
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I was able to review our photo session pictures this morning. Several poses were not included in the CD or the photopass. I'm so disappointed. We didn't get one picture of our family together.

Guess I have no Christmas picture from WDW this year.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #66
Ang_Park
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
I was able to review our photo session pictures this morning. Several poses were not included in the CD or the photopass. I'm so disappointed. We didn't get one picture of our family together.

you should try to contact Disney to see what happened to your pictures

- -
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #67
MomtoAlexnWilliam
DIS Veteran

We had our resort photo session today at WL. The pictures were nice but the session started off poorly.

UGH...no one had a clue what to do about our $25 coupon. You have to pay in the gift shop and no one- -- not even 2 different managers -- had a clue about the $25 rate. They had to go out and confer with the photo pass guy who had to wait on his partner to come in to discuss. They (all 4 of them) then said that the reduced rate was only valid at GF. I assured them that when I called the photo pass people, they assured me that the WL would accept it too. Then once they all finally decided it was okay, they said I couldn't get the CD after the session. I told them (AGAIN) that I had confirmed that when I made the appt. We are using one of the shots for a Christmas card and if I wait until my photopass cd is mailed to me, it will be too late.

So...they called a supervisor on the phone who wanted to talk to me.....She kept trying to tell me that it was to my advantage to get the photopass cd (and not the cd from them) because I could then edit the pics with Disney effects. (ummm, didn't you just say you'd be putting this all on my photopass no matter what?!)

Anyhoo....they finally relented and gave me what had been promised to me. But it caused a 20 minute delay and the kids got a bit restless.

Just an FYI to anyone who is planning on using the reduced rate at a resort other than the GF.....
MomtoAlexnWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #68
Ang_Park
DIS Veteran

perhaps we should try to get something in writing or at least a name when we confirm the info over the phone

- -
Old 12-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #69
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm confused!

Help me out with the pricing of the photo session!!!

I called last week and made an appointment for our photo session at WL!

I spoke to a really nice CM who told me, I think, that the photo session is $149.99 and an extra $50 to have the photos added to a CD. But I pre-ordered my Photopass CD already so I get $50 off. She may have said $75 I can't find the paper I wrote the info on! Luckily, I wrote all the time etc on my intinerary.

She told me I can get the photopass card from the photographer and add them to my photopass CD. Is that the $50 she mention or is the $50 a different CD?!

Ughh!! I'm totally confused!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #70
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post

Call Photopass and let them know that you took several shots that aren't showing up in your account. They will be able to research and should hopefully be able to retrieve them. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoAlexnWilliam View Post
We had our resort photo session today at WL. The pictures were nice but the session started off poorly.

UGH...no one had a clue what to do about our $25 coupon. You have to pay in the gift shop and no one- -- not even 2 different managers -- had a clue about the $25 rate. They had to go out and confer with the photo pass guy who had to wait on his partner to come in to discuss. They (all 4 of them) then said that the reduced rate was only valid at GF. I assured them that when I called the photo pass people, they assured me that the WL would accept it too. Then once they all finally decided it was okay, they said I couldn't get the CD after the session. I told them (AGAIN) that I had confirmed that when I made the appt. We are using one of the shots for a Christmas card and if I wait until my photopass cd is mailed to me, it will be too late.

So...they called a supervisor on the phone who wanted to talk to me.....She kept trying to tell me that it was to my advantage to get the photopass cd (and not the cd from them) because I could then edit the pics with Disney effects. (ummm, didn't you just say you'd be putting this all on my photopass no matter what?!)

Anyhoo....they finally relented and gave me what had been promised to me. But it caused a 20 minute delay and the kids got a bit restless.

Just an FYI to anyone who is planning on using the reduced rate at a resort other than the GF.....
I'm sorry you had this experience! Our photo session was also on the 10th at the Wilderness Lodge and we had absolutely no problems. We arrived at 9:25am for our 9:30am session, the photographer asked for our email, stamped it and we paid $25 in the Mercantile. There were absolutely no issues with payment.

We did only receive a Photopass card from the session which kind of surprised me but I didn't want the CD anyway. I'm sorry you had a hard time getting the CD since that is supposedly their new process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Help me out with the pricing of the photo session!!!

I called last week and made an appointment for our photo session at WL!

I spoke to a really nice CM who told me, I think, that the photo session is $149.99 and an extra $50 to have the photos added to a CD. But I pre-ordered my Photopass CD already so I get $50 off. She may have said $75 I can't find the paper I wrote the info on! Luckily, I wrote all the time etc on my intinerary.

She told me I can get the photopass card from the photographer and add them to my photopass CD. Is that the $50 she mention or is the $50 a different CD?!

Ughh!! I'm totally confused!!!!
When you pre-ordered the CD, did you receive an email with an offer for a $25 photo session at the Grand Floridian? If so, all current locations will honor that price for your session. Without that email offer, the cost of the session is $75 with pre-purchase of the Photopass CD. You will receive your Photopass card from the photographer after your session which you can use after your trip to add them to your CD. There is no charge for this.

The extra $50 is to add all of your Park Photopass pictures to your Photo Session CD at the end of your trip before you go home. You can pretty much ignore this since you pre-purchased your CD.

Let me know if you have more questions!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #71
mrieber
Earning My Ears

thanks for all the info that was helpful
mrieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #72
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
When you pre-ordered the CD, did you receive an email with an offer for a $25 photo session at the Grand Floridian? If so, all current locations will honor that price for your session. Without that email offer, the cost of the session is $75 with pre-purchase of the Photopass CD. You will receive your Photopass card from the photographer after your session which you can use after your trip to add them to your CD. There is no charge for this.

The extra $50 is to add all of your Park Photopass pictures to your Photo Session CD at the end of your trip before you go home. You can pretty much ignore this since you pre-purchased your CD.

Let me know if you have more questions!
Thank you so much!! I didn't get the $25 offer But, I understand the pricing now!!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #73
mrsturtle
nj mom of 2 boys

thanks! looking for this info too. anyone gotten pics they loved/hated?

me DH DS (3) DS (2)

poly 1977
offsite the early 80's
offsite 1991
POFQ 1997
CB 1999
BCV 2009
mrsturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #74
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsturtle View Post
thanks! looking for this info too. anyone gotten pics they loved/hated?
We had our session at the WL on 12/10. We only got about 35 pics but I really liked them. I would probably like them more if I didn't hate most pictures of myself. All in all, I was extremely pleased with what I got for $25 but neither DH nor myself would have been happy for $75.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #75
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

Our last trip to Disney was in 2004. Many changes have been implemented since then obviously. We went through Disney Photography that I found back then on the Disney wedding planning site and got family portraits taken at the Poly. We paid a lot, the sitting fee may have been $75 or $100, can't remember but we got 50+ proofs and then ordered the photos from them which brought the price to well over $400. We have a beautiful 16x20 canvas portrait hanging in our family room but the kids have changed quite a bit in 5 yrs. If we do this new resort photo session, what do we actually receive? Is it the photopass card or a photo cd rather than actual proofs? Would we be able to order a large portrait from Disney to replace the one we currently have or would we be ordering from any online site of our choosing? I don't just want a typical 8x10.

disney4us2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: