Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #31
IncredibleboysMom
DIS Veteran

If I happen to get the $25 offer on a pre-ordered photopass, is it only valid for a shoot at the Grand Floridian?

Thanks for all the info!
Disney Magic 4/05, 9/08, 11/13
IncredibleboysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #32
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleboysMom View Post
If I happen to get the $25 offer on a pre-ordered photopass, is it only valid for a shoot at the Grand Floridian?

Thanks for all the info!
At this point, they are accepting the discount at all current locations. In fact, I have the offer on my own confirmation email. I called yesterday to make my appt. for 12/10 at WL and the CM told me they would accept the $25 if I bring my confirmation.

HTH!
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #33
IncredibleboysMom
DIS Veteran

I haven't ordered my photopass CD yet, mostly because I'm not certain we would want all of the park/character photos. DH is very good with our camera. However, I do want the photo shoot as it would include all of us. If I knew for certain I could get the $25 deal, I would do it (that would be $125 total for both the photopass CD AND the photoshoot, right?). However, if the email did not include the $25 deal, it would cost $75 for the shoot, right? Then the total for both would be $175, and I'm not sure I want to pay the extra $25 just to get the CD. I've already booked the photoshoot for Dec 1 at the Wilderness Lodge.

Does this makes sense? Has anyone pre-ordered their photopass in the last few days and gotten the $25 deal?

Thanks again!
Disney Magic 4/05, 9/08, 11/13
IncredibleboysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #34
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Well I took the plunge and just pre-ordered the photopass CD for our July trip. Within less than a minute I had my email confirmation, and the $25 verbiage is there, yay! I've read on other threads about the pre-purchase codes expiring for people (like me now) who have pre-ordered far in advance. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

So yes, I paid $99 for the CD and just got the $25 portrait session offer which people claim up and down Disney will still honor as long as you have that verbiage in your email confirmation. It says the session is for GF, but others have said it can be used anywhere, which I hope is true because we really want to do it at POLY!

HTH everyone else in the same predicament.

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #35
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleboysMom View Post
I haven't ordered my photopass CD yet, mostly because I'm not certain we would want all of the park/character photos. DH is very good with our camera. However, I do want the photo shoot as it would include all of us. If I knew for certain I could get the $25 deal, I would do it (that would be $125 total for both the photopass CD AND the photoshoot, right?). However, if the email did not include the $25 deal, it would cost $75 for the shoot, right? Then the total for both would be $175, and I'm not sure I want to pay the extra $25 just to get the CD. I've already booked the photoshoot for Dec 1 at the Wilderness Lodge.

Does this makes sense? Has anyone pre-ordered their photopass in the last few days and gotten the $25 deal?

Thanks again!
Yes, the cost would be $99.95 for the Park Photopass Pre-order and $25 for the photo shoot (if you have the confirmation with the $25 offer.)

Several DISers are reporting that the verbiage is still on the confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickandlarisa View Post
Well I took the plunge and just pre-ordered the photopass CD for our July trip. Within less than a minute I had my email confirmation, and the $25 verbiage is there, yay! I've read on other threads about the pre-purchase codes expiring for people (like me now) who have pre-ordered far in advance. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

So yes, I paid $99 for the CD and just got the $25 portrait session offer which people claim up and down Disney will still honor as long as you have that verbiage in your email confirmation. It says the session is for GF, but others have said it can be used anywhere, which I hope is true because we really want to do it at POLY!

HTH everyone else in the same predicament.
I made my appointment on Monday for my photo shoot at WL on Dec. 10. My email confirmation also has the $25 at GF verbiage on it but the CM at WL said that they would honor it at any of the existing locales.

HTH!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #36
SheriB626
Earning My Ears

Hi, Shauna (and all)!

I'm not sure if this info has gotten to the DIS yet, but the price of the in-park CD has gone from $124.95 to $129.95. If people are buying their CDs in the parks, this will be the new price as of this past Monday.

This effects the professional portrait sessions very little. If someone buys their park CD in the parks and then wants to add a portrait session, we will charge them $70 instead of $75, so the total price remains the same at $199.95.

The pre-paid CD prices are all the same.

If people are receiving the pre-paid CD and photo album offer, our upgrade price is the same as the regular pre-paid CD offer.

Just trying to keep everyone up to date!
SheriB626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #37
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriB626 View Post
Hi, Shauna (and all)!

I'm not sure if this info has gotten to the DIS yet, but the price of the in-park CD has gone from $124.95 to $129.95. If people are buying their CDs in the parks, this will be the new price as of this past Monday.

This effects the professional portrait sessions very little. If someone buys their park CD in the parks and then wants to add a portrait session, we will charge them $70 instead of $75, so the total price remains the same at $199.95.

The pre-paid CD prices are all the same.

If people are receiving the pre-paid CD and photo album offer, our upgrade price is the same as the regular pre-paid CD offer.

Just trying to keep everyone up to date!
Thanks for this info.

Question - Is the $129.95 price the same for those who purchase the CD AFTER they return from their trip?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #38
SheriB626
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Thanks for this info.

Question - Is the $129.95 price the same for those who purchase the CD AFTER they return from their trip?
Yes, it is.
SheriB626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #39
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I want to thank the OP for the great information.

Just bought the pre-photopass, that included the $25 GF offer. We have appointment for 12/3!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #40
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
I want to thank the OP for the great information.

Just bought the pre-photopass, that included the $25 GF offer. We have appointment for 12/3!
You're quite welcome. I'm happy it was helpful. I hope you have a really great session!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #41
Luv2Scrap
The only way is if you have the Gypsy
Y'all are going to get me in so much trouble with my supervisor!
The new baby was much more interactive

so the $25 photo shoot is still on the email?

how far in advance you can preorder your photopass cd? I am leaving in exactly 60 days - would be back home to upload pics in 68 days. Is it too soon to order???
Nov '09 Pop - free dining
Aug '10 CSR - Free dining and BCV for our first DVC trip home!
Jan '12 CSR - Free dining
Luv2Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #42
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Scrap View Post
so the $25 photo shoot is still on the email?

how far in advance you can preorder your photopass cd? I am leaving in exactly 60 days - would be back home to upload pics in 68 days. Is it too soon to order???
Several DISers are reporting that the offer is still listed on the confirmations. I ordered months ago so I can't confirm personally.

I honestly don't know if now would be too early. Several DISers have said that they are having problems with their codes expiring within 60 days of purchase. They can be reset but it's a bit of a hassle.

I would hate for you to wait and miss out on the offer but would also hate for you not to wait a bit and have a problem with your code.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #43
Luv2Scrap
The only way is if you have the Gypsy
Y'all are going to get me in so much trouble with my supervisor!
The new baby was much more interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Several DISers are reporting that the offer is still listed on the confirmations. I ordered months ago so I can't confirm personally.

I honestly don't know if now would be too early. Several DISers have said that they are having problems with their codes expiring within 60 days of purchase. They can be reset but it's a bit of a hassle.

I would hate for you to wait and miss out on the offer but would also hate for you not to wait a bit and have a problem with your code.
ugh! that's what I thought! Well thanks for your help
Nov '09 Pop - free dining
Aug '10 CSR - Free dining and BCV for our first DVC trip home!
Jan '12 CSR - Free dining
Luv2Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #44
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

I just ordered the pre-purchase from the UK and there was no mention of the $25 resort photo - in fact there was no mention at all.

I ordered the cd and photobook option together....does that make a difference??
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #45
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent_man View Post
I just ordered the pre-purchase from the UK and there was no mention of the $25 resort photo - in fact there was no mention at all.

I ordered the cd and photobook option together....does that make a difference??
From what I understand, the CD/Photobook offer is different than the standard pre-purchase offer. I think the $25 verbiage is only on the confirmation for the standard pre-purchase offer.

Unfortunately, I don't know for sure and the Photopass people won't tell you if the offer is still on the standard pre-purchase confirmation.

HTH!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: