Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #16
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickandlarisa View Post
Thank you for organizing all of these answers! I was directed over here from the honeymoon board, and this is something I want to schedule for our honeymoon next year. With the new higher price I would hope the results were more professional looking. Does anyone have some recent examples to post??? Especially of couples, maybe engagement or honeymoon shots?? I'd love to see, thanks in advance!!!
You're quite welcome. I just felt bad that people were asking the same questions over and over again or having to dig to find basic info. I'm happy it is helpful to you.

You might try checking out the "Breaking News Photo Sessions" thread as there are several pics in the later threads. I'm sure that would give you an idea of the quality you can expect. Unfortunately, results are still not consistent across the board and are literally a toss up depending upon who you get as a photographer. Perhaps if you let them know you are looking for some Disneymoon photos, they will be more likely to set you up with someone good in addition to just competent. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsmileys View Post
Thanks for posting this. We were looking all over for additional information.
You're welcome. I hope it is helpful!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #17
ice_09
Earning My Ears

Wink hello

ya thanks for compiling it is great help
ice_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #18
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Is it too early to pre-order??

With the changing prices and older deals still being honored, I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and pre-order our photopass CD now. Our trip is in July 09? What do you think???

I didn't see anything on the site about you have to use it in a certain time from pre-ordering, does anyone know?? TIA!!!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #19
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
With the changing prices and older deals still being honored, I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and pre-order our photopass CD now. Our trip is in July 09? What do you think???

I didn't see anything on the site about you have to use it in a certain time from pre-ordering, does anyone know?? TIA!!!
Several posters have reported that the $25 photo shoot at GF verbiage has been removed from the bottom of the confirmation email so that option is no longer available.

Personally, I still feel that it is better to pre-order the CD as it does provide some cost savings.

Pre-order CD + Photo Shoot - $99.95 + $75 = 174.95.
Photo Shoot + Order CD AFTER trip - $150 + $100 = $250.00

Plus, if they raise the price of the photo shoot between now and your trip, there is a good chance that they will honor the $75 price if you have your pre-order confirmation from a time when it was less. AND, there has been mention that the pre-order discount might be going away at some point in the near future so there is that to worry about as well.

To answer your last question, NO, I've not heard that you must redeem your pre-ordered CD within a certain time of purchase. Several DISers buy theirs months in advance and I've never heard anyone say that they had problems.

I hope that answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any more. Congratulations!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #20
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

you know I never thought of them not honoring one that is bought months in advance. I bought ours while it still stated the $25 offer at GF for our trip next August.

If they don't honor the $25 then..no biggie...it was worth a shot for the 99.00+25 but if the CD code isn't good by then...YIKES! I will pass out.

Heck I have my pkg paid for already, wonder if they will not honor it if they wouldn't honor the CD being paid for so far in advance.... J/K
parkers*momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #21
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Wonderful info - thanks so much.....I think I may do this option at AKL next July for our Honeymoon rather than the actual Honeymoon session in the parks. I plan to get the pre-paid cd.....

I just hope we get a nice photographer that will give us the pics on a the photopass as well.
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #22
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent_man View Post
Wonderful info - thanks so much.....I think I may do this option at AKL next July for our Honeymoon rather than the actual Honeymoon session in the parks. I plan to get the pre-paid cd.....

I just hope we get a nice photographer that will give us the pics on a the photopass as well.
What's the honeymoon session in the parks?? I didn't know there was something like that!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
Old 10-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #23
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's the honeymoon session in the parks?? I didn't know there was something like that!

If you go in and look at the list of what's available on the Disney honeymoon registry, you can see it there. You get 20 6x4 prints in an album plus one print of each photo taken.....at $310 it does seem a bit pricey though......

You can find it listed here:

http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go.c...ry=Merchandise

2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Old 10-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #24
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent_man View Post
If you go in and look at the list of what's available on the Disney honeymoon registry, you can see it there. You get 20 6x4 prints in an album plus one print of each photo taken.....at $310 it does seem a bit pricey though......

You can find it listed here:

http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go.c...ry=Merchandise

Thanks for the info! Hmm, is it worth it? Has anyone done this that can post about it? I wonder if the photographers take more time or its a better service somehow to justify the price?? Thanks!!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #25
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Hmm, is it worth it? Has anyone done this that can post about it? I wonder if the photographers take more time or its a better service somehow to justify the price?? Thanks!!
Apparently you get a 'professional' photographer whereas with photopass and the resort ones the quality can vary. I did see someone's pics taken and whilst they were nice, I don't think it was worth that.....I'd rather have another night stay at AKL instead and get the resort one.....I think!!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #26
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

Printing

Just a question about the CD...Do you have to order these prints from Disney or are you able to take the CD to a printer and have them do it?

Just trying to figure out if it's a good deal for my family to have them done in Disney or if we should just stick to our photographer here at home.

Thanks!

WDW 2005 - Offiste - FIRST TRIP!
WDW 2007 - CBR - FIRST ONSITE VISIT
WDW 2008 - CSR - Trip with my Sister
WDW 2009/2010 - CBR - Family Trip
WDW 2011/2012 - Disney Dream/OKW
WDW 2013 - SSR - Grad Trip
DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
gooftroop22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #27
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post
Just a question about the CD...Do you have to order these prints from Disney or are you able to take the CD to a printer and have them do it?

Just trying to figure out if it's a good deal for my family to have them done in Disney or if we should just stick to our photographer here at home.

Thanks!
The CD comes with a copyright release so you can print the photos anywhere (including online sites like Snapfish and stores like Target/Walmart).

HTH!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #28
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

I just had my photo session. I bought my CD early last week and later i noticed that under the terms and policies that is said something about $25. Even though others had reported that it was no longer included. They did honor it, so make sure you read the fine print on all of your emails.

I am using my photos as engagement pictures and my photographer happened to be one of the wedding photographers. They came out very nice. Good luck to everyone else. and dont forget to check your emails!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I just had my photo session. I bought my CD early last week and later i noticed that under the terms and policies that is said something about $25. Even though others had reported that it was no longer included. They did honor it, so make sure you read the fine print on all of your emails.

I am using my photos as engagement pictures and my photographer happened to be one of the wedding photographers. They came out very nice. Good luck to everyone else. and dont forget to check your emails!
Thanks for reporting back about that. It's good to know that the verbiage is still there. I'm happy your photos turned out well!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #30
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!! This answered all my questions! I think we may do it at WL in January!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: