Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #76
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I hope they "officially" come out soon. According to allears, they will go on sale Friday the 7th.

I'm hoping the list they have is just speculation due to the dates ending at 7pm listed right now on the disney website calendar. If it is, then it's possible it may change some. It did last year. Besides, I have access to the Disney travel agents website now and there are no dates listed yet. CROSSING MY FINGERS!!!
That is good to hear it changed last year. Hopefully it does the same this year

So, are you now a travel agent for Disney world? SOmething you do from your home? How does that work? If you afraid you get into trouble for going OT on here, you can Pm me. Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #77
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

In case you haven't read about it -- there is a rumor circulating that WDW is releasing pretty substantial discounts for travel dates from the end of January through June at 5:00pm today. Keep your fingers crossed!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #78
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those who are as obsessed with the P & PP as I am, I thought you'd like to know that they have switched the P&PP page on the disney website back to the old version. It still says to be on the lookout for 2009 dates but I can only believe that they pulled the "flash" page down so that they could edit it!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping they have something up by tomorrow morning and that MY DATES are included!! Until then, this will be me.....

IF ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR DISNEY AND HAS POWER OVER THE PPP DATES IS READING MY PTR, ( ) PLEASE INCLUDE A PARTY BETWEEN THE 7 & 13TH OF FEBRUARY!!!!! THANK YOU.

According to allearsnet and a thread on this site the parties won't start until Feb. 20th. Hopefully the official announcement will say something different.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #79
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
For those who are as obsessed with the P & PP as I am, I thought you'd like to know that they have switched the P&PP page on the disney website back to the old version. It still says to be on the lookout for 2009 dates but I can only believe that they pulled the "flash" page down so that they could edit it!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping they have something up by tomorrow morning and that MY DATES are included!! Until then, this will be me.....

IF ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR DISNEY AND HAS POWER OVER THE PPP DATES IS READING MY PTR, ( ) PLEASE INCLUDE A PARTY BETWEEN THE 7 & 13TH OF FEBRUARY!!!!! THANK YOU.
I am with you girl!!!!! I sure hope its when we are down there!!!!!! If I see anything soon, I will let you know and you do the same!!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:30 PM   #80
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
In case you haven't read about it -- there is a rumor circulating that WDW is releasing pretty substantial discounts for travel dates from the end of January through June at 5:00pm today. Keep your fingers crossed!
I just saw the same thing on Mousesavers last nite.

There is a thread circulating around here with the inside scoop.

Forget exact details, but supposed to be January 4-June 27th I believe.

Smething like book 4 nights, get 3 nights free

Buy 4 day tickets, get 3 free

I know I am not entirely right, but that is what I can recal1 at the moment

Come on 5'oclock

Last edited by Trentmom; 11-06-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #81
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

A discount AND a gift card???

Sorry I haven't been on here in a day or two. I did see about that new promotion/discount yesterday. I decided to call in and see if I could apply it to my existing ressie's. I was on hold for 30 minutes but it was totally worth it!! I knocked $897 off of my existing trip....no downgrades or anything. PLUS, I also got the $200 gift card!!

I was FREAKING OUT last night after I got off the phone. So very cool to get discounts.

As for the Pirate & Princess party.... According to allears the tickets were supposed to go on sale today. I went to the Disney web site and....NOTHING. I went back to allears and it now says it's unknown when they will go on sale. I hope they are adding more dates!!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #82
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That is good to hear it changed last year. Hopefully it does the same this year

So, are you now a travel agent for Disney world? SOmething you do from your home? How does that work? If you afraid you get into trouble for going OT on here, you can Pm me. Thanks
I hope it does too!

See post #1.

Quote:
I saw that!! See my update above. I GOT IT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
According to allearsnet and a thread on this site the parties won't start until Feb. 20th. Hopefully the official announcement will say something different.
I hope it's different too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I am with you girl!!!!! I sure hope its when we are down there!!!!!! If I see anything soon, I will let you know and you do the same!!
Crossing my fingers!!
I sure will!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I just saw the same thing on Mousesavers last nite.

There is a thread circulating around here with the inside scoop.

Forget exact details, but supposed to be January 4-June 27th I believe.

Smething like book 4 nights, get 3 nights free

Buy 4 day tickets, get 3 free

I know I am not entirely right, but that is what I can recal1 at the moment

Come on 5'oclock
See my update above. I GOT THE DISCOUNT!!
This is the first time one of these discounts has ever worked for me!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #83
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See my update above. I GOT THE DISCOUNT!!
This is the first time one of these discounts has ever worked for me!
Hurray!!! It is the first time a discount has ever worked for me, too, so I think I am doubly excited because of it! We were able to upgrade to Beach Club for the same price we were going to pay at Caribbean Beach -- woo hoo!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #84
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Hurray!!! It is the first time a discount has ever worked for me, too, so I think I am doubly excited because of it! We were able to upgrade to Beach Club for the same price we were going to pay at Caribbean Beach -- woo hoo!
Oh WOW, that is AWESOME!!!!! I would love to try the Beach Club.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #85
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Blue !! Great savings for you!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #86
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi Blue !! Great savings for you!!
Hi Rosie!

you should call and apply it to your trip too! I think it's good until June.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #87
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Park Goals ~ Magic Kingdom

Some of you may remember about my "park goals" from my last couple of PTR's. I’m not big on setting a rock solid plan for inside the parks. However, I do have “goals”. Whether we meet them or not is no biggie.....ok, sometimes it is but you know what I mean.

I think we should do everything at least once at some point. This time we are focusing on trying at least 2-3 new things in each park. (things we've never done. not necessarily NEW things.) This will be DS's 4th trip and he's only 4 years old. When I was a kid I couldn't have imagined getting to go to WDW more than once in a lifetime. That is just how most people around here thought of WDW back then.....a once in a lifetime trip. DH had never been as a child. After we were married a few years and I got my first "real" job, I used my first paycheck to secure us a trip to Walt Disney World. That was in June of 1997. I feel very lucky for this to be my 6th trip in a lifetime. I know some people have been MANY more times than that. If it all goes away tomorrow, I will still feel like the luckiest girl in the world that I've been able to go this many times. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have shared this many times with my own family too.

Main Street USA: We don't usually take our time on Main Street. I plan on doing more shopping and looking around. Maybe even get an ice cream cookie sandwich if it's not too cold outside. Scottny highly recommends these and I still haven't bought one!

Rides/Shows: I would say that we pretty much want to try to get to every ride/show in the MK except for the tiki room and stitch's great escape. That is 2 attractions that we don't feel the need or want to do again. We were planning on doing the Hall of Presidents but will have to miss it since it is being refurbished. DH has never seen it and I haven't seen it since the early 80's! Guess we will have to wait even longer.

With all of that being said, here is a list of the things we may add into our usual park goals. That's the lovely thing about February. Shorter lines and you can fit more into a day!

Liberty Belle Riverboat- since we've never done this. Each trip DS asks about it but we usually move his attention to other rides.
country bear jamboree- I haven't done this since the 80's either, which means DH and DS have never seen it.
Astro Orbiter- Depends on how long the line is. We've never done it and would like to try it out. DS may or may not do this one. He's sort of iffy about heights.
TINKERBELLE!!!- This one is actually pretty high on my list. I hope the lines aren't too long.

FOOD:

As mentioned before, we have ADR's for breakfast at Crystal Palace one morning. I'm planning on possibly making a dinner ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern one evening.

Counter Service: We've done Cosmic Rays before. The chicken is pretty good. We also like Columbia Harbour House. So, depending on what side of the park we are on around lunch time, is which one we will go to. We like to make things as easy as possible.

That sum's up our "goals" for MK. We usually try to fit in pretty close to EVERYTHING when we go in February because.....well, because we can!

I will leave you with a couple of past trip pics:

DH on Dumbo last February...

DIS MEET!!! Rosie, Jordan, & me last February...

Jordan, Flat Winkers, Pirate Pete, & Me....

DH & DS driving the Indy cars last February....

Next up....EPCOT PARK GOALS!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #88
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Blue loved the update I think I may steal your style of what I want to do at each park!! Good News I agree about the Tikki room once was enough I think I will borrow/steal your park touring plans I like that a lot Also Stitch isn't a big favorite either!
Good News I saved $271 on my package with the code !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #89
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi Blue loved the update I think I may steal your style of what I want to do at each park!! Good News I agree about the Tikki room once was enough I think I will borrow/steal your park touring plans I like that a lot Also Stitch isn't a big favorite either!
Good News I saved $271 on my package with the code !!

Oh Rosie that is such GOOD NEWS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #90
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Your goals look great! There's several things we haven't gotten to either, that I want to try to do this time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: