Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Bay Lake Towers announcement

From the main DVC board it seems like DVC are announcing the BLT resort at the Contemporary today - along with Treehouse villas at SSR.

Anyone this side of the Atlantic interested? (I know I am but not sure how I can persuade DH!)
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

I got sent this... I know DH wanted to add-on here so I'll talk to him tonight!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

I had the e-mail myself and have just watched the video - very exiting - straight off the monorail to MK, excellent.

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
SammieG
I think i will have a teenage strop
Disneyholic

i would LOVE to add on...
Either the tree houses or contemporary or both

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away....
SammieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

I would LOVE to add on at BLT but I think I have a lot of persuading to do.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Revtel
Mouseketeer

Looks fine, but what a dreadful video!
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #7
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

I am interested in these especially when dbf fell in love with Disney when we was there and so it will now be much easier to convince him.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

We want to buy BLT- it is the only DVC DH is interested in. Unfortunatley timing is not good for us as we just don't have the spare cash to be able to do it at the moment.

Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly

Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Dad and I talked about it tonight and I have just e-mailed our guide to say we are interested in buying. It will mean us cutting down on our holidays though.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Question

Hi

I got the email with the link to BLTs looks interesting although that woman is annoying.

However I've not heard anything at all about the tree house villas at SSR.

Are those the ones that used to be connected to the Disney Institute?

We are SSR owners - does that mean we could book them 11 month out or are they different?

Thanks

2011 Disney dream 5 night double dip *Bwv & AKV*
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

Med cruise 2007 - details review & pictures of Barcelona and boarding the magic*
*http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

7 night western 2006
MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

Just had a look at the photos of he rooms and we don't like the look of them. Trying too hard to be "Contemporary" and also too dark - we're not fans of browns or yellows in the home.

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #12
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

I'm not interested in adding on at BLT and don't expect to want to try to book there for more than a couple of nights now and again, maybe. I can see the appeal of being able to walk to MK, but I think the boat ride from VWL is pretty simple, and I much prefer VWL to the Contemporary - just more to my personal taste.

The tree house villas, however, have always been on my wish list We won't be looking to add on, but might want to try to book one one day - although it seems likely they'll be tricky (if not impossible!) to get without the home-resort booking advantage.

I just love any extra flexibility with DVC!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
Caskbill
DVC-Operations
DVC-Planning
DVC-Mousecellaneous
DVC Rent/Trade

DIS Tech Support

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJobba1 View Post
Hi

I got the email with the link to BLTs looks interesting although that woman is annoying.

However I've not heard anything at all about the tree house villas at SSR.

Are those the ones that used to be connected to the Disney Institute?

We are SSR owners - does that mean we could book them 11 month out or are they different?

Thanks
The old Treehouse villas have been completely torn down and brand new ones are being built in their place. They are located approximately halfway between SSR and OKW, but are on the SSR side of the waterway.

They will be a separate booking category for SSR and SSR owners will have the 11-month priority booking window.

Caskbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskbill View Post
The old Treehouse villas have been completely torn down and brand new ones are being built in their place. They are located approximately halfway between SSR and OKW, but are on the SSR side of the waterway.

They will be a separate booking category for SSR and SSR owners will have the 11-month priority booking window.
Thankyou

Looks Like I'll be able to book 11 month out then

Now when you say tree house villas I imagine you have to climb a ladder to get in - Will be very interested to see what they look like.

2011 Disney dream 5 night double dip *Bwv & AKV*

Med cruise 2007 - details review & pictures of Barcelona and boarding the magic*
*http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

7 night western 2006
MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #15
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

This will give you an idea of what the Treehouse Villas will look like.

They've done a great job with the Bay Lake Tower website. It provides a much better feel for what to expect than the video managed.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: