Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #76
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Northern Disney Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,372

Hi Jen!

Just wanted to wish you a great weekend! We are off for the weekend to DH's parents about 75 miles East of us - Canadian Thanksgiving! Yummy, Turkey! mmmmmm. Hope you have a super duper weekend and I will definitely be waiting to read those updates!

Catch ya later, buddy!
__________________
ME DD9 DD12
Northern Disney Girl is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #77
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hi Jen!

Just wanted to wish you a great weekend! We are off for the weekend to DH's parents about 75 miles East of us - Canadian Thanksgiving! Yummy, Turkey! mmmmmm. Hope you have a super duper weekend and I will definitely be waiting to read those updates!

Catch ya later, buddy!
KIM!! Have a great time and Happy Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy that good food!!! And know I'll have you and your family in my thoughts!!! I'm so excited about our trip YAY!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #78
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Episode 6

To my editor!

Episode 6: “Let The Planning Begin: Let’s Begin With Dates!”

I love to plan!! I’m usually a good month ahead in lesson planning for my classroom. I love to plan activities and games for the teens in our youth group. The minute I found out I was going to Disney again the planning bug bit and it bit hard. The fever began.

I have been to Disney a few times before and each time I took on the role of “Official WDW Planner”, so I had an idea where to start this time. The nice thing about this trip is I get to plan for me instead of planning what I think the rest of my party would like to do. The mere thought of being able to plan to be where I wanted…when I wanted, to actually sit down in a restaurant and eat (NDH still thinks he is in Basic Training and must eat every single meal at Mach 5 and be done in 2 minutes, no sit downs for him LOL), and to get pictures of characters made me giddy all the way to my toes.

The first thing I decided to plan was my dates, of course! I wanted to make this trip as magical as possible, but wanted to take as little time as possible away from my classroom. I really hate being away from my students for any time at all. So my first thought was the beginning of December. I could take a Friday and a Monday off and spend 3 and half days exploring the World at Christmas time. I just love Christmas and what would be better than mixing two of my favorite things, Disney and Christmas? Well, after numerous calls to the wonderful people at WDW and checking on ways to use my airline miles for something other than flying, it just seemed I was not destined to be at Disney during the Christmas season. The only time I could find was actually during Christmas week. I have heard horror stories about those crowds and had no desire to touch them with a ten-foot pole. I then decided to look into January. The only time we have off that month is MLK day and I decided to risk it. I mean how busy can MLK weekend be?????? I’m still a little worried about that, but it really isn’t a major travel weekend. So my dates were set; I was going to be going January 15th through January 20th. I planned on taking the 16th and the 20th off from work and be there for a total of four and a half Disney days. I rushed down and filled out my leave form; yes, at the beginning of September I was already getting approved to be gone in January…I told you I have Disney OCD!! My leave request was signed by my wonderful principal and currently I am deciding how soon is too early to find a substitute for January LOL!!!

Of course, these dates would change one more time LOL!! After much deliberation on my part and with some help from the lovely Snowbird ladies, I decided I could be absent 3 days instead of just 2 from my classroom. After a wonderful call to an amazing CM, I had extended my trip by one day! Now I will be leaving the afternoon of the 21st to get back home that evening. I know I will be tired when I return back to school on the 22nd, but boy, will it be worth it to me!! Besides, it will be a Thursday and I will only have to teach to two days and then have the weekend to recover!! But the good news is that I now have five and half days to explore Walt Disney World all by myself. WOOT, this is going to be the best trip ever!!! The leave form at work was immediately modified, still debating over how soon to start asking substitutes!

I must admit I’m little scatterbrained and this PTR will probably be the same. I apologize for that now!! I have no idea how to explain to you how I plan something. So I’m just going to offer you a ride into my brain and go from there. I’ll write episodes about picking my hotel, my crazy-huge binder, and how I’m getting there. Forgive me if I’m too confusing!! Happy reading!!

Next Episode: “The When Is Solved, Now To The Where, How, and What.”

I also promise more pictures YAY!! I'm also going to try to figure out the whole link on the first page thing I hope I can do that we will see!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #79
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,038

Yay Jen Love the new episode!!! How fun!! The only thing about me going alone would be the squeals and squeaks I would make!! I can't pretend the excitement is just for one of my children People would def think I had flipped!!! But, to wander and do what you will---that's gonna be a blast!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #80
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hi Jen!

Just wanted to wish you a great weekend! We are off for the weekend to DH's parents about 75 miles East of us - Canadian Thanksgiving! Yummy, Turkey! mmmmmm. Hope you have a super duper weekend and I will definitely be waiting to read those updates!

Catch ya later, buddy!
Canadians eat turkey on Thanksgiving too? Interesting...


Jen - Logan's the same way about food. I sit down, pull out my napkin, arrange my silverware, and he's already ready for dessert.

Your planning strategy sounds like mine... which is why I'm not sure I'll do a PTR... not only do I plan crazy... I've been doing it for almost a year now which makes my "train-of-thought" planning a little more confusing.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #81
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Canadians eat turkey on Thanksgiving too? Interesting...


Jen - Logan's the same way about food. I sit down, pull out my napkin, arrange my silverware, and he's already ready for dessert.

Your planning strategy sounds like mine... which is why I'm not sure I'll do a PTR... not only do I plan crazy... I've been doing it for almost a year now which makes my "train-of-thought" planning a little more confusing.
What is it with our Army men??? LOL!!! Basic training scars them for life, they will never be able to enjoy a sit down meal ever again!!!!

I know its hard to explain my planning but boy am I going to give it a try LOL!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #82
mana_liz
Mouseketeer
 
mana_liz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 488

My aunt and uncle were at Disney last January during MLK weekend...we are going the same time this year. They said the crowds were very manageable...not a lot of waits.
__________________
Me Amanda DMom Kathy DOSister Melissa DLSister Sarah DGrandpa Chris DGrandma Liz




November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #83
glo
"Has a heart bigger then all of Cuba" :)
 
glo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 21,572

OMG!! So I have been reading this all along and I had not noticed it was YOU Jen! The one who jumped on the Photopass bandwagon with me! I am so enjoying this I am a teacher too (and you know we are there the same days as you are), and have already requested my days also, and have my sub picked out. Though I have been teaching for 23 years so I am not a month ahead on lesson plans. I do have OCD for Disney and have one hell of a spreadsheet with ADRS, and park opening and EMH's as well as Parade and fireworks sched. built in!

I am dying to read more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
To my editor!

Episode 6: “Let The Planning Begin: Let’s Begin With Dates!”

I love to plan!! I’m usually a good month ahead in lesson planning for my classroom. I love to plan activities and games for the teens in our youth group. The minute I found out I was going to Disney again the planning bug bit and it bit hard. The fever began.

I have been to Disney a few times before and each time I took on the role of “Official WDW Planner”, so I had an idea where to start this time. The nice thing about this trip is I get to plan for me instead of planning what I think the rest of my party would like to do. The mere thought of being able to plan to be where I wanted…when I wanted, to actually sit down in a restaurant and eat (NDH still thinks he is in Basic Training and must eat every single meal at Mach 5 and be done in 2 minutes, no sit downs for him LOL), and to get pictures of characters made me giddy all the way to my toes.

The first thing I decided to plan was my dates, of course! I wanted to make this trip as magical as possible, but wanted to take as little time as possible away from my classroom. I really hate being away from my students for any time at all. So my first thought was the beginning of December. I could take a Friday and a Monday off and spend 3 and half days exploring the World at Christmas time. I just love Christmas and what would be better than mixing two of my favorite things, Disney and Christmas? Well, after numerous calls to the wonderful people at WDW and checking on ways to use my airline miles for something other than flying, it just seemed I was not destined to be at Disney during the Christmas season. The only time I could find was actually during Christmas week. I have heard horror stories about those crowds and had no desire to touch them with a ten-foot pole. I then decided to look into January. The only time we have off that month is MLK day and I decided to risk it. I mean how busy can MLK weekend be?????? I’m still a little worried about that, but it really isn’t a major travel weekend. So my dates were set; I was going to be going January 15th through January 20th. I planned on taking the 16th and the 20th off from work and be there for a total of four and a half Disney days. I rushed down and filled out my leave form; yes, at the beginning of September I was already getting approved to be gone in January…I told you I have Disney OCD!! My leave request was signed by my wonderful principal and currently I am deciding how soon is too early to find a substitute for January LOL!!!

Of course, these dates would change one more time LOL!! After much deliberation on my part and with some help from the lovely Snowbird ladies, I decided I could be absent 3 days instead of just 2 from my classroom. After a wonderful call to an amazing CM, I had extended my trip by one day! Now I will be leaving the afternoon of the 21st to get back home that evening. I know I will be tired when I return back to school on the 22nd, but boy, will it be worth it to me!! Besides, it will be a Thursday and I will only have to teach to two days and then have the weekend to recover!! But the good news is that I now have five and half days to explore Walt Disney World all by myself. WOOT, this is going to be the best trip ever!!! The leave form at work was immediately modified, still debating over how soon to start asking substitutes!

I must admit I’m little scatterbrained and this PTR will probably be the same. I apologize for that now!! I have no idea how to explain to you how I plan something. So I’m just going to offer you a ride into my brain and go from there. I’ll write episodes about picking my hotel, my crazy-huge binder, and how I’m getting there. Forgive me if I’m too confusing!! Happy reading!!

Next Episode: “The When Is Solved, Now To The Where, How, and What.”

I also promise more pictures YAY!! I'm also going to try to figure out the whole link on the first page thing I hope I can do that we will see!!
__________________
Swan and Dolphin FAQ




(me) (DH) (DD23) (DD17) (DD17)
glo is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #84
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana_liz View Post
My aunt and uncle were at Disney last January during MLK weekend...we are going the same time this year. They said the crowds were very manageable...not a lot of waits.
YAY what a relief to hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo View Post
OMG!! So I have been reading this all along and I had not noticed it was YOU Jen! The one who jumped on the Photopass bandwagon with me! I am so enjoying this I am a teacher too (and you know we are there the same days as you are), and have already requested my days also, and have my sub picked out. Though I have been teaching for 23 years so I am not a month ahead on lesson plans. I do have OCD for Disney and have one hell of a spreadsheet with ADRS, and park opening and EMH's as well as Parade and fireworks sched. built in!

I am dying to read more!
Yay to more teachers!! I totally noticed that we were going at the same time that is so awesome!! I'm so excited about our photopass it will allow me the opportunity to prove I was actually at the World!!!!

I'm so jealous you already booked your sub!!! I just need to start asking around and see if someone intends to be a sub all year and just book them now!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #85
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Northern Disney Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Canadians eat turkey on Thanksgiving too? Interesting...
YES we do! Sometimes we also eat Ham! One year I think I remember we had roast beef?

Jen - great Episode! When I first got a hold of my DH he was still in the military and was so proud of the fact that he could eat an entire meal in less than 5 minutes and shower in less than 3! It has taken me 9 years but I think I have him reprogrammed to be "normal"again!

Have a great Weekend Buddy!
__________________
ME DD9 DD12
Northern Disney Girl is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #86
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What is it with our Army men??? LOL!!! Basic training scars them for life, they will never be able to enjoy a sit down meal ever again!!!!

I know its hard to explain my planning but boy am I going to give it a try LOL!!!
We went out to dinner on Thursday night, and I felt really bad for him. He's been sick all week, so he barely touched his dinner. Of course instead of being able to bask in the niceties of a long meal, I had to be sad, because he wasn't feeling very well, and barely touched my food either.

I really Really REALLY hope neither one of us gets sick on this trip, because I would be so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
YES we do! Sometimes we also eat Ham! One year I think I remember we had roast beef?

Jen - great Episode! When I first got a hold of my DH he was still in the military and was so proud of the fact that he could eat an entire meal in less than 5 minutes and shower in less than 3! It has taken me 9 years but I think I have him reprogrammed to be "normal"again!

Have a great Weekend Buddy!
PROUD! Boy boys boys...
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #87
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”
 
pamouselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pa.
Posts: 3,189

Great update! I am still trying to get in on a share photopass for Jan.
pamouselover is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #88
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
YES we do! Sometimes we also eat Ham! One year I think I remember we had roast beef?

Jen - great Episode! When I first got a hold of my DH he was still in the military and was so proud of the fact that he could eat an entire meal in less than 5 minutes and shower in less than 3! It has taken me 9 years but I think I have him reprogrammed to be "normal"again!

Have a great Weekend Buddy!
Nine years....Nine Years...you mean I have to go through 3 more years of this before we might enjoy a sit down dinner together!! OY!!!! At least there is hope LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
We went out to dinner on Thursday night, and I felt really bad for him. He's been sick all week, so he barely touched his dinner. Of course instead of being able to bask in the niceties of a long meal, I had to be sad, because he wasn't feeling very well, and barely touched my food either.

I really Really REALLY hope neither one of us gets sick on this trip, because I would be so sad.



PROUD! Boy boys boys...
I hope he is feeling better now!! I'm still trying to get over this cold and its kicking my tail. It has decided to move from the head to my lungs!! YAY!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #89
rockonthemoon
Mouseketeer
 
rockonthemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 136

HAHAHA!

Another Photopass share over here!

Jen, I was totally reading your PT before I realized it was you! Omg, this is going to be fantastic, and how sweet of your husband to do this for you...
rockonthemoon is offline  
Old 10-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #90
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockonthemoon View Post
HAHAHA!

Another Photopass share over here!

Jen, I was totally reading your PT before I realized it was you! Omg, this is going to be fantastic, and how sweet of your husband to do this for you...

Thanks for dropping in!! Glad to know I'm not the only lurker on PTR boards..I'm shameless when it comes to lurking and not posting, I should seriously stop that LOL!!

I'm so excited about our Photopass share YAY!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: