Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #61
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Episode 5

Once again a big thank you to Trixiequilts for taking the time to edit this for me!

Hunting Update: Hubby shot a buck antelope on his first day hunting! YAY! He also was able to shoot a doe on the second day! He also did some fishing and has deemed his hunting trip a success. I was even able to receive a birthday and anniversary phone call from The Middle Of Nowhere, Wyoming. We can’t figure out how he got reception on the top of that mountain, but I’m not complaining!

Episode 5: “Gifts 2 &3: The Big Guns Were Rolled Out!”

So where did I leave off? Oh yes, I was a blubbering mess at the Pensacola Airport after receiving my first birthday gift from my hubby. Well, the weeks went on, school started and I was tremendously busy. This year we have to teach 6 out of 7 class periods instead of 5 out of 7 and it’s amazing the difference once class can make on your grading time! About mid-September an email went out which said that based upon our previous years’ evaluation and our students’ scores on their End-of-the-Year exams, bonuses were going to be awarded to teachers. I didn’t really think anything about it at that time and went back to lecturing on the difference between covalent bonds and ionic bonds. (Just cuz I know you’re dying to know LOL, electrons are shared in covalent bonds like what happens in water, while the electrons in ionic bonds are taken or given, this is how table salt (NaCl) is made.) Later that day I received an email from my hubby, so I checked it out. That was when I found out that I had been one of the teachers that qualified to receive the bonus. YAY!!! I figured the extra money could be put into savings for a later date and time when we would need it. The only plan I had with the money was to buy some scrapbooking stuff and had discussed with my hubby that we should just put the rest into savings. Little did I know …

September 15, 2008. The day the bonuses would be handed out. I was cleaning up my room after school. It is amazing the mess 135 students can make in just one day. I was sanitizing desks with my trusty Clorox wipes, waiting for my hubby who seemed to be running late and was not answering his cell phone at the moment LOL! Why is it that whenever you really want to get in touch with someone it’s the one time you can’t? Then my husband finally walked in holding a birthday gift bag. OOOHHH…another gift!! I was excited, who wouldn’t be, I love gifts! I love giving them more than receiving them, but when they come from your hubby it’s always a good feeling. I opened up the gift, and inside was a bunch of Disney scrapbooking stickers.

Me: Disney Scrapbooking stuff?? Honey, I love Disney stickers, but I’m done with my albums.

Timeout: It would figure that the only two albums I have completely done are my Disney ones LOL! I’m still working on Alaska, barely started Florida, and have yet to begin my Mission trip to Quebec LOL!

NDH: Well, I have a feeling you are going to need these.

Then I was handed THE envelope! By this time I was so confused and literally had no clue what was going on. I opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper. Typed on the paper, with that wonderful Disney font (where my hubby found the Disney font to type this I’ll never know), was an invitation.

The invitation simply read:

To my beautiful wife Jennifer-
One Dream Vacation to Walt Disney World (To be planned by you)
From your (hopefully now completely forgiven) husband Phillip

Me: Are you freaking serious? I get to go to Disney World?
NDH: Yup, and I know how much you like to plan that trip so I’m leaving all the details to you.
Me: Are you going with me? (I gave him a skeptical look.)
NDH: I’d prefer not to. (Yes, he seriously said that…he earns his title well doesn’t he ladies? LOL)
Me: But, babe, are you sure we can afford this? I mean I can find ways to lower the cost, but it’s still Disney. (As a wife I had to ask LOL)
NDH: You do have a budget (LOL, of course I did!) You may plan your dream vacation with this amount (he stated the amount).

It was the exact amount of my bonus! It turns out I wasn’t going to be spending the money on scrapbooking stuff after all!! I was going to Disney!! After many hugs, kisses, and squeals of pure joy, my husband was fully reassured that he had been completely forgiven and was free to venture to the wilderness of Wyoming to shoot an antelope completely guilt-free. I was going to Disney! I was going to Disney! To say I was excited was an understatement LOL!

Episode 6: “The Planning Begins. (a.k.a. The Fun Really Starts)!”

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #62
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Once again a big thank you to Trixiequilts for taking the time to edit this for me!

Hunting Update: Hubby shot a buck antelope on his first day hunting! YAY! He also was able to shoot a doe on the second day! He also did some fishing and has deemed his hunting trip a success. I was even able to receive a birthday and anniversary phone call from The Middle Of Nowhere, Wyoming. We can’t figure out how he got reception on the top of that mountain, but I’m not complaining!

Episode 5: “Gifts 2 &3: The Big Guns Were Rolled Out!”

So where did I leave off? Oh yes, I was a blubbering mess at the Pensacola Airport after receiving my first birthday gift from my hubby. Well, the weeks went on, school started and I was tremendously busy. This year we have to teach 6 out of 7 class periods instead of 5 out of 7 and it’s amazing the difference once class can make on your grading time! About mid-September an email went out which said that based upon our previous years’ evaluation and our students’ scores on their End-of-the-Year exams, bonuses were going to be awarded to teachers. I didn’t really think anything about it at that time and went back to lecturing on the difference between covalent bonds and ionic bonds. (Just cuz I know you’re dying to know LOL, electrons are shared in covalent bonds like what happens in water, while the electrons in ionic bonds are taken or given, this is how table salt (NaCl) is made.) Later that day I received an email from my hubby, so I checked it out. That was when I found out that I had been one of the teachers that qualified to receive the bonus. YAY!!! I figured the extra money could be put into savings for a later date and time when we would need it. The only plan I had with the money was to buy some scrapbooking stuff and had discussed with my hubby that we should just put the rest into savings. Little did I know …

September 15, 2008. The day the bonuses would be handed out. I was cleaning up my room after school. It is amazing the mess 135 students can make in just one day. I was sanitizing desks with my trusty Clorox wipes, waiting for my hubby who seemed to be running late and was not answering his cell phone at the moment LOL! Why is it that whenever you really want to get in touch with someone it’s the one time you can’t? Then my husband finally walked in holding a birthday gift bag. OOOHHH…another gift!! I was excited, who wouldn’t be, I love gifts! I love giving them more than receiving them, but when they come from your hubby it’s always a good feeling. I opened up the gift, and inside was a bunch of Disney scrapbooking stickers.

Me: Disney Scrapbooking stuff?? Honey, I love Disney stickers, but I’m done with my albums.

Timeout: It would figure that the only two albums I have completely done are my Disney ones LOL! I’m still working on Alaska, barely started Florida, and have yet to begin my Mission trip to Quebec LOL!

NDH: Well, I have a feeling you are going to need these.

Then I was handed THE envelope! By this time I was so confused and literally had no clue what was going on. I opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper. Typed on the paper, with that wonderful Disney font (where my hubby found the Disney font to type this I’ll never know), was an invitation.

The invitation simply read:

To my beautiful wife Jennifer-
One Dream Vacation to Walt Disney World (To be planned by you)
From your (hopefully now completely forgiven) husband Phillip

Me: Are you freaking serious? I get to go to Disney World?
NDH: Yup, and I know how much you like to plan that trip so I’m leaving all the details to you.
Me: Are you going with me? (I gave him a skeptical look.)
NDH: I’d prefer not to. (Yes, he seriously said that…he earns his title well doesn’t he ladies? LOL)
Me: But, babe, are you sure we can afford this? I mean I can find ways to lower the cost, but it’s still Disney. (As a wife I had to ask LOL)
NDH: You do have a budget (LOL, of course I did!) You may plan your dream vacation with this amount (he stated the amount).

It was the exact amount of my bonus! It turns out I wasn’t going to be spending the money on scrapbooking stuff after all!! I was going to Disney!! After many hugs, kisses, and squeals of pure joy, my husband was fully reassured that he had been completely forgiven and was free to venture to the wilderness of Wyoming to shoot an antelope completely guilt-free. I was going to Disney! I was going to Disney! To say I was excited was an understatement LOL!

Episode 6: “The Planning Begins. (a.k.a. The Fun Really Starts)!”
Glad your DH is having some success with his trip!! ANDDDDDDDDD..I can't believe how incredibly sweet and thoughtful he is!!! What a guy!!!! Can't wait to hear the details of your upcoming trip and is DH going??? Even though he said he preferred not too? How many more days until he is home...I'm sure you're counting down the days!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #63
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Glad your DH is having some success with his trip!! ANDDDDDDDDD..I can't believe how incredibly sweet and thoughtful he is!!! What a guy!!!! Can't wait to hear the details of your upcoming trip and is DH going??? Even though he said he preferred not too? How many more days until he is home...I'm sure you're counting down the days!!
Hubby comes home today!! And no he's not coming with me this trip is all about me!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 10-05-2008, 07:17 AM   #64
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hubby comes home today!! And no he's not coming with me this trip is all about me!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your DW planning......
Old 10-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #65
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

That is so sweet! I can't wait to hear more!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 10-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #66
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Wow - what an incredibly sweet and thoughtful husband you have! I have to give kudos to mine too - He is like that too - full of surprises! So glad your nDH is coming home and that he had a great hunting trip! How much of what he shot is coming home with him? I've heard that antelope is really good for you!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #67
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Wow - what an incredibly sweet and thoughtful husband you have! I have to give kudos to mine too - He is like that too - full of surprises! So glad your nDH is coming home and that he had a great hunting trip! How much of what he shot is coming home with him? I've heard that antelope is really good for you!
He brought home two chunks of antelope tenderloin and I have heard that it is good for you too so I'm excited about that!

Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #68
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Jen that is soooo sweet! I am sorry~ he's a prince~ whether he likes it or not. That is just what a Disney prince charming would do!!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #69
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

That is great you get bonus like that.I know all about electrons!
I was an assistant teacher with science class. I actually miss teaching. Is your planning period your lunch period also?
Here is Pa. the reachrs get a planning period and a lunch period.

That was so sweet of your DH. By the way we are official booked, and I started my Pre trip report.

Last edited by pamouselover; 10-05-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
That is great you get bonus like that.I know all about electrons!
I was an assistant teacher with science class. I actually miss teaching. Is your planning period your lunch period also?
Here is Pa. the reachrs get a planning period and a lunch period.

That was so sweet of your DH. By the way we are official booked, and I started my Pre trip report.
YAY for being officially book!! That is awesome and I'm so going to read your PTR YAY!!!

Actually yes my planning period is my lunch period but I have 1.5 hours off so that is nice and I usually try to make the most of it by doing a lot of grading!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #71
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

JENjolt..... you have the best hubby...... my DH is not a Disney fan either... but like yours he doesn't care if I go off on my own or with the kids... one trip a year is engouh for him to the mouse house! Glad your honey made it home safely!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #72
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Awww... maybe I should introduce my soon-to-be DH to your NDH so some of that will rub off on him... just for fun... not that he doesn't do well already. Then, they could go hunting together, and we could plan Disney trips... though I'm not sure how well two obsessive Disney planners could work together to plan a trip...

I'm so happy that you get to use your bonus on something other than bills and groceries.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 10-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #73
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

BTW... I understood what you meant about ionic and covalent bonds... you didn't need to explain it...
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #74
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
JENjolt..... you have the best hubby...... my DH is not a Disney fan either... but like yours he doesn't care if I go off on my own or with the kids... one trip a year is engouh for him to the mouse house! Glad your honey made it home safely!!!
Yay for great hubbys!!! Thank you for stopping by and the warm wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
BTW... I understood what you meant about ionic and covalent bonds... you didn't need to explain it...
YAY for another science buff! See that Biology class is paying off LOL!!

Episode 6 and 7 should be up in the next couple of days!! 6 is with the proofreader and I'll finish and send off 7 tomorrow!!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #75
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Episode 6 and 7 should be up in the next couple of days!! 6 is with the proofreader and I'll finish and send off 7 tomorrow!!
Her proofreader will be proofreading this very evening!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: