Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #46
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I love, love, love it!!!! I know exactly how you feel about thanking God for a blessing of a husband!!!!
And.....I too alphabetize all my movies!! Disney shows in one set of drawers--all others in the other drawer!!!

And there is hope-all 3 of my kids are hopelessly hooked on Disney!!!! I am so enjoying your PTR. Keep it comin'!
Old 09-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #47
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
First of all: Huge Thank you to My Editor!

Episode 4: “The Gifts Begin Arriving”

Life went on after my husband’s shocking announcement and we were in full-blown vacation mode. As teachers, we take advantage of our summer breaks. This past summer NDH took a seminary class at Piedmont while I taught a four-day “Chemistry Literacy for Middle School” seminar in Tallahassee. Then we literally jetted for a family reunion in Seattle, WA with my parents. We returned home briefly to feed our kitties and then packed up the car to drive to Michigan to visit his parents. After a nice relaxing visit we returned back home with enough time for me to do laundry and repack to go on my church’s mission trip to Quebec. This trip was the highlight of my summer. It was my greatest privilege to help out our missionaries and to spend time getting to know people in my church better. It was upon my return home that I received my first gift.

I must begin with the fact that I am a horrible flyer. I get extreme anxiety during take offs and landings and I much prefer driving instead of flying. So after a 5-hour delay in Baltimore and a total of six takeoffs and landings, I was thankful to be on the solid ground I call home. As I walked off the plane (okay I may have run LOL) and headed to the security checkpoint, I saw my hubby. He was such a site for sore eyes…boy had I missed him. In his hands were a bouquet of flowers (I simply adore flowers, if only I could keep them alive at home LOL) and a small gift wrapped in birthday paper. After a long hug and a kiss found only in romantic chic flicks, he handed me my present.

Me: “It’s wrapped in birthday paper?”
NDH: “Umm, well, it’s a birthday gift. Actually it’s gift number one!”

I love to unwrap presents. My mom loves to tell the story about how for my first two Christmases and Birthdays I just unwrapped plain boxes for an hour. I simply love to unwrap.

Me: “It’s really a gift for me?”
NDH: Just shakes his head with a cute smile

So of course I rip into it and it revealed a card in an envelope. Only my husband, who understands my love of unwrapping gifts, would wrap a card for me LOL. Inside the well-chosen birthday card were two slips of paper. I opened it up and SURPRISE! It was an itinerary. Now it must be said that I was tired and completely sick of flying and travel in general, and the idea of another trip didn’t exactly thrill me at the moment. Thankfully I have an astute hubby who must have read my mind.

NDH: “Baby, it’s not for you, look again.”

So I did and what I saw brought tears to my eyes. It was flight information for my mom, dated October 1st thru October 6th. I was rendered speechless. For those who know me, this was no small feat.

NDH: “ I know it’s a bummer to you that I won’t be here for your birthday and anniversary. I really didn’t want you to spend those days alone so I found a most suitable replacement, your mom.”

I was so blown away. This was one of those “moments”. The moment when you think, “Wow, I don’t know what I did to be so blessed, but I thank God for him.” This one gift alone could have redeemed him for life. However, I would soon learn that my hubby was intent on spoiling me. Which is a huge surprise because we tend to be VERY frugal and have parents that often help with travel expenses so we don’t have to go broke visiting LOL!

Coming Up Next: Episode 5: “Gifts 2 &3: The Big Guns Are Rolled Out!” In this episode the Disney Surprise will be revealed… I promise LOL!
Hello!? Didn't I ask for kleenex warnings? This is so much like what my DH did for our anniversary! Not only are WE twins - I think are husbands are related! They both did Military time, both love the outdoors, hunting, fishing and spoling their wives rotten! In fact one of my DH's middle names is Philip! This settles it - you and I so have to meet each other! Let's figure out how and where!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #48
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
That is so awesome! What an awesome DH (I mean NDH!) you have! That is just so sweet. I'm absolutely LOVING your PTR! If I do decide to do one, mine will not even be in the same league as yours!
I think you would write an amazing PTR!! I know I would love to read it and be inspired by you!!! SO if you are at all thinking about take the plunge LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I love, love, love it!!!! I know exactly how you feel about thanking God for a blessing of a husband!!!!
And.....I too alphabetize all my movies!! Disney shows in one set of drawers--all others in the other drawer!!!

And there is hope-all 3 of my kids are hopelessly hooked on Disney!!!! I am so enjoying your PTR. Keep it comin'!
Thank you so much for your kind words!! I'm glad I'm not the only one to alphabetize their Movies I was bit worried about my sanity!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hello!? Didn't I ask for kleenex warnings? This is so much like what my DH did for our anniversary! Not only are WE twins - I think are husbands are related! They both did Military time, both love the outdoors, hunting, fishing and spoling their wives rotten! In fact one of my DH's middle names is Philip! This settles it - you and I so have to meet each other! Let's figure out how and where!
I'm sorry..next chapter have kleenex ready!!! And yes my twin we are going to meet. We will PM with details as we get closer but I wouldn't miss the opportunity to meet you for anything!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #49
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the encouragement! I will start to gather my thoughts soon and maybe start one in Nov or Dec. I do love to chat, but I don't want to just ramble on and on!

As for movies, we too used to put ours in alphabetical order! However, we bought our first home back in June and just threw our movies onto our new bookshelf. We will get to it eventually!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #50
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

That is so sweet! I'm a huge mama's-girl, so that would mean the world to me!

I'm dying to read the next episode with the Disney suprise!!!!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #51
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Oh just to sweet of your DH.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #52
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I'm here... I'm here.... I subbed a couple days ago... or maybe it was yesterday, but this is the first time I've had the time to response. What with the crazy additions to the Snowbirds thread taking up my time.

Nice work... very entertaining to read, and it sounds like you got one of the good ones (men I mean)
My soon-to-be DH is also of the Army, camping, hunting, fishing variety. However, he is also a Disney virgin, and I've convinced him he will love it. I am confident about that considering his reaction to the stuffed Dumbo I got him on my last trip.
He will not however let me buy him any Disney clothing, but I'll take what I can get. I have convinced him to wear the Mickey Groom Ears at least part of the time.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #53
BellaSoleil

Just wanted to say.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #54
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen! Just thought I would come post over here and say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR JENJOLT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you are having a fantastic day with your Mom!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #55
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Just wanted to say.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hi Jen! Just thought I would come post over here and say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR JENJOLT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you are having a fantastic day with your Mom!

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! I hope to have the next eppy up by this weekend for you guys!! With mom here its hard to write sometimes LOL!!! But you guys are the best ever!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 10-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #56
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Jenjolt, I'm joining in!! And I can't wait to hear all about the Disney portion of the surprise...what a great NDH you have!!!!! I love your report so far, you are a great story teller!!

PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you're having a great time with you Mom!!!!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 10-02-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: forgot happy birthday!! oops!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #57
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

Happy Birthday

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
Old 10-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #58
BellaSoleil

8-6-7-5-3-0-9.....

Totally Kidding!

I'm on pins and needles here!!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #59
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
8-6-7-5-3-0-9.....

Totally Kidding!

I'm on pins and needles here!!!!

Thanks Soleil..now I have that song stuck in my head!! I guess its better than its a Small world LOL...I love that ride, but man oh man, I still hum that song days later!!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #60
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

HI JEN! Just wanted to stop by and say a quik hello before I take myself off to bed! Hope you are having a great ime with your Mom! Can't wait to hear more details of this PTR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: