Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #151
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

HI JEN! Just thought I would pop in and say heellloooo! When should we start expecting Episode 9?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #152
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
HI JEN! Just thought I would pop in and say heellloooo! When should we start expecting Episode 9?
Hopefully within the next couple of days...hint hint I personally think you'll like it, I'm having one of those feelings and since we both know we think too much alike LOL..well I'll just leave it at that LOL

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #153
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Episode 8.5

Okay this really isn't a REAL episode but I have to so share this with you guys!! I'm so happy right now I am shaking with excitement. I have to jump ahead in my story to tell you guys about the most wonderful Disney thing that happened to me today. Well you know how my trip kept growing and growing and did some more growing. Well when I had pre-ordered my FL resident tickets I had only purchased a 4-day 4 Play pass. As my trip kept growing I realized I was going to have to upgrade my pass to a 7-day pass a cost of $235.00 with Park Hopper, well after doing some research I found out that the Florida Seasonal Annual Pass is only $239.00 and lets me Park Hop as I choose so for the increase of a whopping $4.00 I decided it would be worth it to become an AP owner. With this I hope to convince my hubby that I have to go in December to finally see Disney decorated in all its glory and it will literally be free for me to get in LOL!

As you all know I'm just a tiny bit OCD about the codes coming out. Well when the announced the AP codes I got a bit stressed out. I didn't know how they worked. Did I have to have the AP at the time of calling in for the code. What about the dates?? As you guys know I'm going 1/15-1/21 and the AP deal for a value resort was 1/2 -1/15 and 1/19-2/12 so I figured I couldn't get anything. Well I had convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to get any code and the best discount I would be able to get was an AAA discount, if it applied to my dates. So after calling and talking to a woman CM I found out my AAA would apply but I didn't have the number so I had to go get that and call back. Then I somehow was blessed with the best CM ever, his name was Bogart!! I could tell from the minute we talked that this man knew his Disney stuff. So I was talking to him about my trip as I feel the need to do with any CM who will listen and chat with me and told him about my plans to upgrade to an AP. He then got all excited and said well we can do the AAA but let's look into an AP discount. I then told him in what had to be a sad voice that the dates didn't work for me. He then said well I'm not so sure about it, let's enter in and see. So after letting him work some pixie dust magic, he came back and said Jennifer I can book you with the AP rate for a grand total of $364.50 with what you have already deposited you will only have to pay $272.25 upon arrival. You just received a savings on about 250.00 dollars.

I was rendered speechless and after all the emotions that come with codes I was shaking from happiness. I of course let Bogart know how extremely grateful I was and that his praises would be sung upon the DIS board and wished him a good day!!

So good fortune has shown upon me today!! Although I feel a bit silly for how worked up I got over a code!! (Thanks to Kim who reminded me to breathe LOL)

PS..please ignore my horrible attempt at grammar. This eppy was not sent to my loverly proofreader as I was too excited to share with you my good news LOL!!

EPPY 9: COMING SOON I PROMISE!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 10-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #154
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Was he really named Bogart?

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #155
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

That is what he said his name was. I swear I don't really buy half the names the CMs tell me they are LOL!! Some of them are way out there LOL!!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #156
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Way 2 go Jen!!! That is too exciting!!!

Paula
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #157
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

isn't it nice when pixie dust is sprinkled on us I'm hoping for some pixie dust to come my way too. can't wait for the next episode
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 10-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #158
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Way 2 go Jen!!! That is too exciting!!!

Paula
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
isn't it nice when pixie dust is sprinkled on us I'm hoping for some pixie dust to come my way too. can't wait for the next episode
Thanks for all the great vibes guys!! I'm so happy about my good luck today!! As is my hubby who keeps asking me How do you save $200.00?? I think he is in shock!!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #159
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
That is what he said his name was. I swear I don't really buy half the names the CMs tell me they are LOL!! Some of them are way out there LOL!!
I would make up a name, too, and an accent. I would be French.

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #160
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I would make up a name, too, and an accent. I would be French.
I would totally be British...like Mary Poppins!!! That would definitely be pixie dust worthy LOL!!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #161
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

WOW!! That's fantastic!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #162
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I just caught up on your PTR.

You've had me laughing and teary eyed when NDH gave you the itinerary for your Mom's visit!!

I can't wait to read more!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #163
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
WOW!! That's fantastic!!!
Thank you Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I just caught up on your PTR.

You've had me laughing and teary eyed when NDH gave you the itinerary for your Mom's visit!!

I can't wait to read more!
I'm so glad you stopped by!! I do have a great hubby and I so enjoyed my visit with my mom!!! I see you have TRs looks I have more to add to my reading list LOL!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:16 AM   #164
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Episode 9: My "Relaxing" Day!!!

What is this...Jen actually updated again in a span of a day...the world must be coming to an end....run LOL Okay seriously 8.5 was a brief interlude and eppy 9 was already at the editor at the time, so don't get all excited thinking this is a new habit of mine. P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-O-N is thy middle name as my hubby likes to say to me all the time LOL!!!

Now on to the Twilight Zone aka the thoughts in my head LOL!

Episode 9: “My Special Treat: How I will spend Monday (MLK Day) at WDW.”

Hey Guys!! So glad you decided to come back and check in on my PTR! It still amazes me how much I have to share with all of you! Who knew one trip could have so many details to work out!! However, it is Disney and this is my dream trip so I have to make it good.

First of all I must share with you some great news. As you know I’m a teacher and I really hate to leave my room for any reason. I also never leave if I don’t have a sub. You won’t believe the hassle it is to cover for another teacher when they don’t secure a sub for their absence, and yes it happens. Anyway, I booked my sub! She is quite reliable and wasn’t the least bit shocked when I asked, “Do you plan on subbing in January?” I put her into the computer for the four days I will need her. The leave forms are set and now I breathe a sigh of relief because I’m covered at work and that is a huge blessing for me. Now on to the good stuff.

One of the things I love about this trip is that it will be my longest trip to Disney. My first trip when I was ten only lasted about a day. My dad was in Orlando for a conference and we did Sea World and then EPCOT. He had been there the previous year and really enjoyed EPCOT, so he wanted to share that with me. I still remember to this day the parks being almost completely empty at the time. We had no wait for anything we wanted to ride. The trip I took with my parents in April/May 2005 and my trip in March 2007 with my friends were both only 4 days and we only spent 3 of those days in the parks. We hit them all, but I always felt rushed playing the Trip Commando role. Don’t get me wrong. I loved planning the trips and loved going on my trips. We rode rides and saw a few shows, but sometimes I felt so rushed…like it was all a blur. Thank goodness for photos LOL. This trip I’m going to spend 6 whole days at Disney. After some serious research I have planned my days (which you know from the last episode~and I’ll explain more of my plans in the next episode). This trip I decided to do something a bit different and I have planned a relaxing day for me. Okay I’ll be honest…as relaxing as possible for me in WDW. I told you I’m like a raccoon who loves shiny objects… so I’m always bouncing from one thing to another. Phillip hates going to Wal-mart with me LOL! (WHOA..have to get back on topic LOL…See, I told you always bouncing all over the place.) So back to my relaxing day!!

Being the “Snowbird Smarty Pants” (thanks Soleil) that I am, I was smart about the placement of my relaxing day, and I chose Monday. So, what are my plans on my relaxing and quickly becoming my most anticipated day at Disney? I am going to begin my morning by treating myself to something I have wanted since I heard about it. *This brings us to my next promise, “I will take one of Disney’s Tours during my dream trip.” So which tour did I choose you wonder??? Well, I decided I wanted to go on the tour that will take me behind the scenes of my favorite ride of all time…Haunted Mansion. I love that ride! So if you know anything about Disney tours you have figured out that I will be taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I can’t wait to do this. Going behind the scenes at Disney…seriously…this is like letting me loose inside the World of Disney store and telling me I have 10 minutes to grab whatever I want and keep it LOL!! According to various information, on the tour I will get to learn about the parades, the animatronics at Jungle Cruise and Pirates, go behind the scenes at Haunted Mansion ( I wonder if I ask if they would just leave me there…LOL), and then have lunch at the Columbia Harbor House (YUM!). After that I intend to try to ride a few of my favorites at MK, and maybe do some shopping in the Main Street Shops!!

I’m a pretty loyal TGMer, however on this trip I’m not quite sure how many afternoon breaks I will take. This is one of those days. I’m not going to be running around the park like crazy, but I also don’t want to head back to my resort. So I think I’m going to go resort exploring and make sure I get to the Grand Floridian at about 2:30ish, ‘cuz you see…my hubby planned one last special treat for me. I love spas…I have loved them ever since our Alaska days and I was spoiled by a great day spa. I especially enjoy a good pedicure. I find nothing more relaxing than letting my poor feet get a little pampered. Well, my hubby decided to treat me to a Spa Pedicure at the Grand Floridian Spa. So that afternoon I will get a little pampering done and give my feet some much needed attention after a few days in the parks. The pedicure is set to last about an hour and then afterward I will be having dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

I haven’t quite decided how I’m going to dress for this yet. And when I say dress, I don’t mean like Cinderella, but I do intend to look nice. So I might be going back to the resort after all or I just might bring the change of clothes with me to the spa and change there. I know that during the tour I can’t bring in my backpack, but I can rent a locker and store my stuff there. I also know that I intend to wear a really fancy pair of shoes that night to show off my new pedicure. So that night I will be dining with royalty and I plan to look like a princess myself. I might even wear makeup…yes I’m one of those girls! I don’t wear makeup except for special occasions LOL!!

Well, I must say the highlight of my evening will occur later in front of a large Lego dinosaur. You must be asking yourself, “The highlight, what could be better than a spa treatment and dinner with Cinderella?” Well let me enlighten you. You see, this night I am going to meet up with a fellow DISer. I have had the pleasure to get to know many great people on the DIS boards; people who I now have the privilege to call my friends. And there are many of you I SO wish I could meet (ahem Soleil, but I’m coming to see you in LA someday LOL). However, calling her just a fellow DISer doesn’t do her justice. She really is like my DIS twin. We have so much in common it’s not even funny. No one can make me laugh out loud like she can, not to mention when I get a little crazy she seems to handle it just fine and doesn’t even pay me any mind LOL!! Who is this special person I found on these boards and will have the opportunity to meet at DTD? Her name is Kim, but you know her as NorthernDisneyGirl. To end a most perfect day, I will get to meet up with Kim and we will get the chance to visit in person. I must say I’m definitely looking forward to meeting up with her! I have a few surprises in store for her which I would love to tell you about, but since I know she’s reading this, that’s all I can say for now. But don’t worry…I’ll tell you how the meet goes in my trip report. And yes, that was a shameless plug LOL.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #165
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Jen your relaxing day sounds great!!! I did the KTTK tour, you'll enjoy it. I'm not going to say too much about it b/c I'm actually figuring on doing that part of my trippie today or at the latest tomarrow

I will tell you though that you CAN take your backpack AND your camera. You have to put your camera and cellphone in a bag/backpack when you go backstage, but you can use it or videotape or whatever during the rest of the tour. I didn't realize that, and I was a good little girl and burried Sony at the bottom of my bag So I never took any pics of details.

Also, so you're not disappointed, we didn't go "behind the scenes" in HM. We rode it and learned alot about how different things are done/designed. It was really interesting and we found a hidden Mickey too

Keep up your great PTR!!

Paula

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: