Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #136
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,749

Love your PTR. I think I will send my DH to you to train. I have been married almost 16 years and my poor DH could never plan such a wonderful surprise-of course he would never stay home either-he loves Disney-just not as much as me.

Sounds like your going to have a great trip-I honestly think it would be fun to take a solo trip so it can all be about YOU!!!
MinnieNurse is offline  
Old 10-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #137
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Love your PTR. I think I will send my DH to you to train. I have been married almost 16 years and my poor DH could never plan such a wonderful surprise-of course he would never stay home either-he loves Disney-just not as much as me.

Sounds like your going to have a great trip-I honestly think it would be fun to take a solo trip so it can all be about YOU!!!
Thank you so much for your kind words!!! Writing my PTR is becoming my sinful pleasure LOL!!!!

I don't know I can barely handle my own NDH LOL although if you send me yours do you think I could send you mine and you could instill in him the love of Disney. Goodness knows I'm not going to try that again, he can keep his hunting trips LOL!!!

I really can't wait for my trip...I even bought a small pocket size journal (although now I'm wondering if its too small for me LOL) to right down thoughts and the order I ride things so I can work on my TR when I get home LOL
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #138
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran
 
ILuvCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,910

HI Jen!! I'm all caught up and on board!! I cheated and used the links, so I know I missed stuff.... but at least I got the basics

January is a great time to go... hmmmm wonder if my DH will let me go again?? my AP doesn't expire until Feb


I'm looking forward to more


Paula
ILuvCrush is offline  
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 AM   #139
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
HI Jen!! I'm all caught up and on board!! I cheated and used the links, so I know I missed stuff.... but at least I got the basics

January is a great time to go... hmmmm wonder if my DH will let me go again?? my AP doesn't expire until Feb


I'm looking forward to more


Paula
Welcome Welcome!! I'm so excited you came by, BTW I totally love you TR!! Hmmmm...another trip....always sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of upgrading to the AP when we get there and plan a few trips in Fall and around Christmas LOL!!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #140
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Thank you so much for your kind words!!! Writing my PTR is becoming my sinful pleasure LOL!!!!

I don't know I can barely handle my own NDH LOL although if you send me yours do you think I could send you mine and you could instill in him the love of Disney. Goodness knows I'm not going to try that again, he can keep his hunting trips LOL!!!

I really can't wait for my trip...I even bought a small pocket size journal (although now I'm wondering if its too small for me LOL) to right down thoughts and the order I ride things so I can work on my TR when I get home LOL
Not sure I can help Mine is a hunting nut as well. It worked in my advantage about 5 years ago when I decided to make a deal. Ever since he gets his deer lease paid for and I get a Disney trip per year. Win-Win situation!!!
MinnieNurse is offline  
Old 10-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #141
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Not sure I can help Mine is a hunting nut as well. It worked in my advantage about 5 years ago when I decided to make a deal. Ever since he gets his deer lease paid for and I get a Disney trip per year. Win-Win situation!!!
I'm starting to think more deals like this will be in my future as well LOL!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #142
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Welcome Welcome!! I'm so excited you came by, BTW I totally love you TR!! Hmmmm...another trip....always sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of upgrading to the AP when we get there and plan a few trips in Fall and around Christmas LOL!!!!
We should all do that, and plan a Snowbird trip for sometime during the year!
I already know I'm going one other time, but I doubt I'll be able to rationalize a third trip... I would love to take my soon-to-be DH back after he commissions, but I have a feeling we won't be able to fit a trip in between his graduation and the time the Army acts on their claim on his life for the next 7 years.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #143
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
We should all do that, and plan a Snowbird trip for sometime during the year!
I already know I'm going one other time, but I doubt I'll be able to rationalize a third trip... I would love to take my soon-to-be DH back after he commissions, but I have a feeling we won't be able to fit a trip in between his graduation and the time the Army acts on their claim on his life for the next 7 years.
I would love a Snowbird trip!!! I'm going to try to go around my birthday and then again around Christmas time as I really really want to see the world all decorated in all its holiday splendor!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #144
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I would love a Snowbird trip!!! I'm going to try to go around my birthday and then again around Christmas time as I really really want to see the world all decorated in all its holiday splendor!
I'm going to try and go around my birthday as well... too bad our birthdays are a month apart.
Of course Logan will probably have fall break around your birthday, and if they give him 2 days instead of only one like they did this year (I guess we started late, because of the tornado) then we could go... but neither of us would get the birthday perks...
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #145
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,096

Also... I would love to go around Christmas....
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #146
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Also... I would love to go around Christmas....
Christmas and Disney...those two things are just meant to be together I think LOL
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #147
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran
 
MAGGIED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Hmmm I have heard some really good things about Yak and Yeti....what did you get Wendy??
I got the duck!
__________________
Wendy Me DH DD24 DS21

MAGGIED is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #148
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran
 
MAGGIED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Christmas and Disney...those two things are just meant to be together I think LOL
The parks look amazing for the holidays.... we were there last November... went to MVMCP.... they actually make it snow on Main St.... so cool!!!
__________________
Wendy Me DH DD24 DS21

MAGGIED is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #149
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
The parks look amazing for the holidays.... we were there last November... went to MVMCP.... they actually make it snow on Main St.... so cool!!!
I would love to see that!! I'm crossing my fingers for next year!! I really want to be there during the Holidays!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #150
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Christmas and Disney...those two things are just meant to be together I think LOL
I have seen the parks all dressed up for Christmas, but it was during that icky time between Christmas and New Years and there were a million people there as well...

It would be awesome if I could somehow swing a trip during the week between Logan's finals and Christmas...though I doubt it will happen....
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: