Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #121
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Loooove the video...made me teary eyed!! I can't wait to pull off the surprise for my little guy in just 60 days now!! Thanks for sharing!!

I'm so glad you liked the video. I know I like it but wasn't sure if I was the only one.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #122
the4princesses
WE LOVE DISNEY WORLD

Hi I just remember something!!
Go look at my Pre'TR. you responed on my TR. in Aug.
I knew I had seen you before. That is just crazy!!!
I'm enjoying your report!
Sorry about the Sickness!! Be there done that,and Don't want to
go back!!

Keep the report coming!!
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #123
cdotla
Trish

Another great update!

Your meal at Corral Reef sounds wonderful! We still haven't gone there, but it is certainly on my short list!

And I am totally impressed with the fireworks views from Pop!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #124
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

I have never been to Coral Reef, but your pics and video make me want to try it now!

UGH! there is nothing worse than getting sick on vacation! at least it didn't last too long.

Swimming is always such a great way to end a day!

Looking forward to your AK day.......
Old 10-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #125
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4princesses View Post
Hi I just remember something!!
Go look at my Pre'TR. you responed on my TR. in Aug.
I knew I had seen you before. That is just crazy!!!
I'm enjoying your report!
Sorry about the Sickness!! Be there done that,and Don't want to
go back!!

Keep the report coming!!
Yep, I did, here's the copy-paste
Hello, we'll be arriving at Pop the day you leave Sept. 10. I'll look for the sad faces w/ luggage. I always feel sad for the people leaving as I arrive. Then I feel like every one is looking at me that way when I am on my way out w/ luggage. Hope you have a great trip.
That is too funny. Well either you didn't look sad or I wasn't keeping my eyes out. Probably both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Another great update!

Your meal at Corral Reef sounds wonderful! We still haven't gone there, but it is certainly on my short list!

And I am totally impressed with the fireworks views from Pop!
Yea, not too shabby huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AggieGirl View Post
I have never been to Coral Reef, but your pics and video make me want to try it now!

UGH! there is nothing worse than getting sick on vacation! at least it didn't last too long.

Swimming is always such a great way to end a day!

Looking forward to your AK day.......
Yes, we love Coral Reef. It definitely will continue to be a must for our trips.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #126
piney
DIS Veteran

I'm so honored that you posted your rumbly tummy for me!

Honestly, great trip report - I feel like I'm there again! Don't stop!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #127
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

So, I have to ask, how are your arms today?? Hate to jump ahead of things...but you're typing a TR and I was thinking about that, that can't be easy with broken arms!!! Hope you're feeling okay and things are healing well these days. Have a great day! Off to get my little one to his Gymboree class...I'll check in later in case there is another update..hint, hint! lol!!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #128
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
I'm so honored that you posted your rumbly tummy for me!

Honestly, great trip report - I feel like I'm there again! Don't stop!
Oh, no problem really. Glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
So, I have to ask, how are your arms today?? Hate to jump ahead of things...but you're typing a TR and I was thinking about that, that can't be easy with broken arms!!! Hope you're feeling okay and things are healing well these days. Have a great day! Off to get my little one to his Gymboree class...I'll check in later in case there is another update..hint, hint! lol!!
I'm doing SO much better. Almost have full range of movement on right arm. Just can't lift things with it. (In fact I was surprised how much it hurt the other day when I tried to swat a fly with it). But it's free anyway. I'm still in a splint on left hand and will be for some time but now I have all my fingers available.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #129
pmama
DIS Veteran

Safari Baby!

The next morning Mickey called again and we were all up and ready to start our day! Well, everyone except this one.

No matter how much noise we all made she would not wake up. It was a good thing she was already dressed. We let her sleep until we were all ready then we just had to brush her teeth, fix her hair, and we were out the door. I had bought the girls each cheetah skirts for today. I even bought cheetah print ribbon for their hair. Here's my MAN putting ribbon in DD7s hair.

We had gotten our garden grocer delivery so we grabbed ourselves some breakfast, stopped by Classic Hall to fill our mugs and made our way to the bus stop. We usually would put sun block on at the bus stop (unless a bus came quickly) and eat on the bus.

Poor DD7 yet again we just missed rope drop. Hum, will she ever actually see the rope?

We picked up our stroller and made our way to the Safari.

The line for the Safari moved pretty fast. We were in line for about 10 minutes.
This is the girls in line for Safari:

I REALLY enjoyed the Safari. It was great we saw SO many animals. Way more than last year.

The highlight by far was that both lions were awake and up walking around on the rock. That was a real treat.

After getting off the Safari I really wanted to just get back in line and do it again but I refrained and kept on going.

Since there were still not many people in the parks we decided to go ahead and walk the Pangini Forest Trail while it was uncrowded. We didn't do this trail last year and really enjoyed it this year.
First DD7 wanted to take a picture in front of the turtle to show her teacher who likes turtles.

This is a neat picture.

As we were approaching the viewing area for the apes we saw the female walking away with a big bunch of hay. She never came back. The CM said she was building her nesting area.

Next we were off to It's a Bug's Life. Here's one of many places where research on the Dis helped out. We took the "secret path". Shhhhhh. Anyway, it was not hard to find at all. It is right there in the open but most people are not aware it cuts you through the park. I imagine they don't mark it because it would get much too crowded. It truely is a hidden gem. In the middle there are lovely parrots to observe. And this beautiful waterfall. Not to mention all the crowd you avoid. We took this path twice and only saw one other family on it.

Up next: DH meets the Yeti

Last edited by pmama; 10-10-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #130
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Never even heard of the "secret path". Tell me more. Love the picture of the lion...so pretty. You guys really saw a lot of animals. I don't blame you for wanting to go again. I would have too. Cute cheetah skirts!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #131
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Secret Path.....I need more details, too!! Glad to hear you are healing day by day and just down to one splint!! That's fantasic!! Btw, very impressed your DH was putting Cheetah ribbon in the girls hair...very cute!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #132
Cindeegyrl
Mouseketeer

Great update! Can't wait for the next one!

I am really looking forward to Animal Kingdom when we go this March, we have never been.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/uwdk55avwfoq3bxy.png[/img]

March 2009 - Mickey's Condo @ Windsor Hills
Aug 2001 - Offsite (Disney & Islands of Adventure - Me & DH)
Summer 1993 - Port Orleans
Summer 1990 - Offsite
1983 (I think, I was only 4 or 5) - Offsite
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #133
wood145
Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your trip report. Kudos to you and DH you all look like you are having a wonderful time despite the 2 broken arms (you poor thing!).

Can't wait to read more.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #134
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your husband did get better at doing your hair, not that it didn't look cute on the other days.

Please do tell about the secret path. The only one I read about was removed. I'd love to file this info. away for my next trip. I haven't been to AK yet.

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #135
cdotla
Trish

Wow - you lucked out with those lions!!!

And as for the "secret" path - I had read all about that here and on TGM, and even had printed directions on how to find it, but do you think I could???

I even asked about 5 CMs none of whom had the slightest idea what I was talking about! I even told them it was right near Bugs Life.

So please, please give me the simple, easy step by step of how to find it!

And finally, I have to say, your husband is going to win the hearts of all the ladies reading this for having styled the hair of his 3 girls each day!! LOL!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: