Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #91
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Love your TR so far! Your family is so cute!!

This is a small world!! On your second pic of the chinese girls you can see my DD and me behind them!! I am the lady with the umbrella, it was so humid and hot that I had to cover up

You were right, the park was almost empty that day

Cant wait to read the rest of your trip report
Old 10-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #92
cdotla
Trish

I am loving your TR.

I can't believe your dedication to Disney and your family by making the trek in that condition!!! At least you will have these pics for many years to come to put into your girls' faces and remind them what a great mom you are through the teenage years and beyond - LOL!

You sure must have commanded a great deal of attention from CMs and guests in your travels!

Love the pic of Donald signing your cast!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #93
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Great update and it will be interesting to see what happens post Mexican food.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 10-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #94
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
Wow! I am loving your trip report. Your entire family is adorable. I give you lots of credit for going to Disney with 2 broken arms and smiling in every picture. I can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for all the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafitty View Post
your kids are too cute! and i'm so impressed that you actually got up and finished the triathlon with two broken arms!
Thanks you, and thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyTinker View Post
Lovin' your TR... can't wait for more!
Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great installment..sorry to hear that you were poisoned!! Note to self...stay away from Mexico!! Love the norweigen hats on the girls in front of the troll...too cute!!!!! How'd the girls like the World Showcase? Other than Mexico last year, we didn't do any of it, we felt like the kids wouldn't appreciate it...do you recommend it for young ones....we're going with 6 kids under the age of 6 in December....thanks!!
Well, I guess it depends on how much you'd like to see it. Of course the kids would have preferred to be riding rides but they did enjoy it. I really wanted to see it. The passports (or free masks) help interest them and keep them going. The shows along the way are also good. If you go to Steven Soares website he will have a list about a week before you go of the different attractions at each country and at what time. Then you could possibly plan to hit the countries when there is something going on that might interest them. I really enjoyed it and the kids didn't mind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejed View Post
Love your TR so far! Your family is so cute!!

This is a small world!! On your second pic of the chinese girls you can see my DD and me behind them!! I am the lady with the umbrella, it was so humid and hot that I had to cover up

You were right, the park was almost empty that day

Cant wait to read the rest of your trip report
YOU ARE KIDDING ME? That's so cool. Well, thanks for making a surprise guest appearance in my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
I am loving your TR.

I can't believe your dedication to Disney and your family by making the trek in that condition!!! At least you will have these pics for many years to come to put into your girls' faces and remind them what a great mom you are through the teenage years and beyond - LOL!

You sure must have commanded a great deal of attention from CMs and guests in your travels!

Love the pic of Donald signing your cast!!!
Thanks, yea good one. I'll have to clip your comment for teenage years. You know, while I did get a lot of stares, very few people said anything about my condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Great update and it will be interesting to see what happens post Mexican food.
Well, interesting is one word for it I guess.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #95
irky416
DIS Veteran

Great updates. I love all your pictures, but the one with the Troll is so cute!

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #96
pmama
DIS Veteran

Snow White

Once the acrobat show was over we headed over to Germany. First we saw Snow White. This is where DD4 decided she Really loves Snow White. We waited in a relatively short line to see Snow White and Dopey. DD7 had brought a HUGE pen from home that nearly every character took notice of. The girls loved this. This would not be the last time we met this exact same Snow White.

This nice German lady offered to take our picture, then I got a picture of her with the girls.

We then decided that we should head back to FW to get our free 5x7 picture taken (offered to Disney Visa customers).
On our way back we were stopped for about 10 min. so they could raise the bridge and bring in all the Firework docks. At this time it was about 3:30. They sure do set up early.

When we arrived at FW we asked around at Innoventions for the place where Disney Visa card holders get there free photo. We had dinner reservations at Coral Reef for 4:50 and we got in line at about 3:50. We thought we had plenty of time. That was until we got in line and stood in the same place for 15 minutes without it moving. Then DD7 needed to use the restroom. I took her and returned and DH had barely moved forward. Also, DD4 fell asleep in DH arms while waiting. (Don't have pictures of that unfortunately).So by 4:35 we realized that we had basically waited for nothing because we were going to have to leave the line to get to our reservations. That was the longest line we stood in all day. Wow. The characters must really take a lot of time with the families. I'm also guessing several people got there last minute like us. Since the line is closed after 4 p.m. Anyway, before we left the line we did receive our voucher for a free 5x7 of the photo. We decided we would latter try to go get a free 5x7 of a different photo taken that day and jetted out for dinner.

O.K. this dinner turned out to be one of the top highlights of our trip. Simply amazing. I really want to do it justice with a great post. My next post will have video and pictures. Hopefully it will give you a glimpse into our amazing evening. And yes, the poisoning episode is coming up but thankfully not until we first have our great dinner at Coral Reef. You must toon in for my next installment. I can't wait.

Next Up Unforgetable evening, highs and lows

Last edited by pmama; 10-08-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #97
hinodis
DIS Veteran

Your leaving me hanging! Two boken arms wasn't enough, you had to get food poisoning too? You guys are all so cute.

Okay, lets get on with the trip report...
Old 10-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #98
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

That stinks about having to wait that long for the free pic and then not getting one!! Bummer!! Can't wait to hear all about Coral Reef, we're eating there in December and celebrating my sons 4th birthday there so I"m really looking forward to it!!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #99
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
Great updates. I love all your pictures, but the one with the Troll is so cute!

Sorry to hear you got food poisoning!
Thanks, I like that picture too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinodis View Post
Your leaving me hanging! Two boken arms wasn't enough, you had to get food poisoning too? You guys are all so cute.

Okay, lets get on with the trip report...
True, how much more can we take? However, somehow in Disney everything seems a little bit better than it would at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
That stinks about having to wait that long for the free pic and then not getting one!! Bummer!! Can't wait to hear all about Coral Reef, we're eating there in December and celebrating my sons 4th birthday there so I"m really looking forward to it!!
Oh, yes you should enjoy our post then. We were celebrating Faith's 4th birthday at Coral Reef.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #100
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

Love the pics with the Troll and Snow White! It is so fun to see Disney thru my children's eyes. I went as a child and it was so fun. I am so glad we have been able to let our girls experience it too.

Sorry that ya'll got sick from the Mexican food. My sister ate the CS there once and said it wasn't good, so I've never tried it. Now I certainly won't!!

Can't wait to read more.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #101
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Another great update! Last year I waited forever for the freee Visa picture also! The characters do spend a good amount of time with you and we had a great interaction but still it was FOREVER!!!! This pst Sept when I went the line was really long and I decided it wasn't worth it. I will see how it goes next week but if it is long I won't wait again. Anyways can't wait to see how dinner at Coral Reef went!
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 10-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #102
copper0426
In search of a 6 pack and when she finds it will share with the TF!
Dixie Landings Vet
This TF (of the Resort & Reward boards) is inspired by Diane's enthusiasm!

Location: Dania, Fl - 3 hour drive from Disney our 2nd Home well 2 1/2 if hubby drives

Wow, what a trip you are (were) having. I am finally caught up and can't wait for the next installment. Looks like you are healed up. I can't imagine trying to type with two broken arms. Your husband sounds like a great guy taking care of everything that you can't. Even brushing your hair and trying to put it up for you. You are a very lucky lady.

I will be waiting patiently for the next installment.

Diane

me DH DS Ddog
Our little family has visited WDW 3 to 4 times a year since 1996. DH and I have been visiting together since 1992. Been there done that can't wait to go back

Old 10-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #103
pmama
DIS Veteran

Faith's birthday at Coral Reef

Next we made our way to the Coral Reef. We ate there last year and it was DH favorite restaurant. This year we returned to celebrate Faith's 4th birthday. Earlier in the day Faith had gotten a birthday button and got to hear Goofy wish her a Happy Birthday.

When we arrived at Coral Reef it was already pretty busy (free dining). We ended up only waiting about 5 minutes before our pager went off to be seated. As we were following the hostess I was trying not to get my hopes up too high for a good table. Our hostess passed the 3rd level seating and I was already happy. (Last year we sat 3rd level). Then she passed the 2nd level. We followed her all the way to the front, middle, glass front table.

Wow, it is amazing and a whole different experience dining that close. When we were seated the girls each got a special menu made especially for them with their pictures. Hope especially was confused by this. DD7's menu said, "Surprise Hope, Love Mom and Dad". DD4's menu said, "Happy Birthday Faith, Love Mom and Dad". I can't say enough about how impressed I am with Coral Reef for putting that all together.

The girls each ordered the kids smoothie drink.

We had so much fun watching the acquarium up close. There was a sting ray that stopped next to our table and seemed to be observing us the whole time. We loved seeing the shark, the big tortouse, and all the amazing different kinds of fish up close.

Faith informed me that she needed to use the restroom and I did not want to leave. I was so afraid we would miss a special surprise I had arranged for her. I reluctantly hurried her off the the restroom.

Not long after returning DH took the video camera out to record for a little bit. And it worked out great because as he was recording DD7 talking, DD4 and I happened to notice two divers getting in at the far end. I was hoping that this was the moment that all my obsessive planning pays off. DH has great video as they slowly swim toward us and of what happens next! The background noise sounds loud but honestly it is not a noisy restaurant at all.

Faith was a little intimidated so would not sit up on the ledge for a picture but I got this great picture of her with the divers. They even took their masks off for the pic.

They were sooo great.
They waved at both girls. The male diver pretended a starfish was eating him. They held up the Happy Birthday sign for Faith and blew kisses. They then picked up the seashells and threw them like confetti. Everyone in the restaurant thought it was so sweet.

Faith seemed a bit confused by it at first but puffed up more and more as she took in what happened. Later as we left the restaurant she would tell me, "Mom, this was my best birthday ever."

Of course dinner arrived. DH loves their steak.

It is very good. I had the grilled Mahi Mahi. Yum. Oh, we both had their key lime pie for dessert. Double yum. It truely is great food. The girls each had the make-your-own-sundaes.

We took our time and were not hurried at all.

In fact as we ate dinner they were doing some diver class so we got to see lots of divers go by for quite a while. That was very entertaining for the girls as well. We left a great tip but I really felt like it should go the the restaurant manager who helped put together our great evening. Two thumbs up.

Next Up : What's that rumbly in my tummy?

Last edited by pmama; 10-08-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #104
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Next we made our way to the Coral Reef. We ate there last year and it was DH favorite restaurant. This year we returned to celebrate Faith's 4th birthday. Earlier in the day Faith had gotten a birthday button and got to hear Goofy wish her a Happy Birthday.

When we arrived at Coral Reef it was already pretty busy (free dining). We ended up only waiting about 5 minutes before our pager went off to be seated. As we were following the hostess I was trying not to get my hopes up too high for a good table. Our hostess passed the 3rd level seating and I was already happy. (Last year we sat 3rd level). Then she passed the 2nd level. We followed her all the way to the front, middle, glass front table.

Wow, it is amazing and a whole different experience dining that close. When we were seated the girls each got a special menu made especially for them with their pictures. Hope especially was confused by this. DD7's menu said, "Surprise Hope, Love Mom and Dad". DD4's menu said, "Happy Birthday Faith, Love Mom and Dad". I can't say enough about how impressed I am with Coral Reef for putting that all together.

The girls each ordered the kids smoothie drink.

We had so much fun watching the acquarium up close. There was a sting ray that stopped next to our table and seemed to be observing us the whole time. We loved seeing the shark, the big tortouse, and all the amazing different kinds of fish up close.

Faith informed me that she needed to use the restroom and I did not want to leave. I was so afraid we would miss a special surprise I had arranged for her. I reluctantly hurried her off the the restroom.

Not long after returning DH took the video camera out to record for a little bit. And it worked out great because as he was recording DD7 talking, DD4 and I happened to notice two divers getting in at the far end. I was hoping that this was the moment that all my obsessive planning pays off. DH has great video as they slowly swim toward us and of what happens next!

Video (Oh Pickles, I can't get it to upload yet. But check back, because I will get it done tomorrow hopefully).

Faith was a little intimidated so would not sit up on the ledge for a picture but I got this great picture of her with the divers. They even took their masks off for the pic.

They were sooo great.
They waved at both girls. The male diver pretended a starfish was eating him. They held up the Happy Birthday sign for Faith and blew kisses. They then picked up the seashells and threw them like confetti. Everyone in the restaurant thought it was so sweet.

Faith seemed a bit confused by it at first but puffed up more and more as she took in what happened. Later as we left the restaurant she would tell me, "Mom, this was my best birthday ever."

Of course dinner arrived. DH loves their steak.

It is very good. I had the grilled Mahi Mahi. Yum. Oh, we both had their key lime pie for dessert. Double yum. It truely is great food. The girls each had the make-your-own-sundaes.

We took our time and were not hurried at all.

In fact as we ate dinner they were doing some diver class so we got to see lots of divers go by for quite a while. That was very entertaining for the girls as well. We left a great tip but I really felt like it should go the the restaurant manager who helped put together our great evening. Two thumbs up.

Next Up :

WOW...looks great! I'm so happy Faith had a great 4th birthday!! My best friend and I, with our families, are meeting in DW for the week when we go and we're celebrating both of our sons 4th birthdays there (we delivered our boys an hour 1/2 apart with the same OB years ago and we moved away so we havent' celebrated the kids birthdays together yet....so it will be very special and she doesn't know I've put it together!!). I've alrdeady had the divers set up, so now I just have to submit the pictures for the menues...they turned out great!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #105
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Oh no! TWO broken arms??!

My DH is a cyclist and in September 2007 he had a cycling accident - a guy on a bike in front of him decided to make a U-Turn without looking to see who was behind him. DH flipped over his handle bars and got really hurt - - he broke his left ring finger (and needed to get a new wedding ring since his old one won't fit over his now enlarged knuckle), he broke a bone in his left elbow which required surgery to insert pins, and he had a laceration over his right eye that required stitches.

I remember telling him as he was recovering from his injuries - -"It's a good thing we don't have a trip to Disney planned this year" (we go in October). Yes, I know where my priorities lie ...

OK, gotta go read the rest of your TR.

BTW - Your DDs are beautiful!

1970's - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980's - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990's - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000's - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010's - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Polynesian: Oct 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: