Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #46
koolcatshelby
Mouseketeer

Wow, what a trooper. Two broken arms and you finish the race and go to disney!! Waiting for more.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #47
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Goodness! First of all congratulations on fininshing the race! I think it's great that you went anyway (I would have too.) It's like your hubby said...I'd rather be in pain in Disney than at home. He sounds like an awesome guy! You guys are all so darn cute too! Your girls look exactly like you but smaller. Sounds like the airport put you through the ringer. No fun. I can't wait to see how your trip plays out! I'll be back!
Thanks, I am very glad I ended up going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
we want more!

I'm so honored that I have readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcatshelby View Post
Wow, what a trooper. Two broken arms and you finish the race and go to disney!! Waiting for more.

I was looking for a smiley that looked like a "trooper". This is the closest I could find. ARE!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #48
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

You started your TR! So glad to put a face with a "dis" name! You and your family are gorgeous!! Your youngest daughter looks exactly like you!!

You are amazing! After breaking an arm and fracturing a wrist, you still ride 12 miles and run 5??? You are my hero!! I can hardly run a mile completely healthy!

Can't wait for more!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #49
pmama
DIS Veteran

Do The Hustle

Do you all automatically start hearing that song in your head when you read my title? Or is it just me?

So we left off on the plane to Orlando. The nice lady next to me on the plane must have really thought I looked like a lost cause. Every time I'd try to read a magazine, get a drink, etc. She'd offer her assistance. I was glad to accept it.

The flight was a little bumpy. Hurricane Ike was still in the gulf. It had not yet hit Texas. The fasten seatbelt sign was on more often than not. It wasn't anything too scary. In fact the girls enjoy it.

Upon arrival (BTW what is with that airport? It was under construction 11 months ago for our last trip and still looks the same.) Here's MCO's mini monorail ride.

We found our way to Magical Express. There were pretty long lines. A lot of families had surrendered to sitting on the floor. Even though it was a long wait most everyone around us was in good spirits.

I mean, you're going to Disney. Finally some people came around to tell us that the roads were pretty bad from rain and that they were doing the best to get the buses back to pick us up. We waited for about an hour and visited with the people around us. We thought it was funny. There was an older couple behind us that was traveling to WDW for the first time for their son's 50th birthday. They were a nice couple. She commented on how she was unsure about their trip because there seemed to be a lot of kids in line for the buses. Who would have thunk there'd be kids at Disney?

Finally our bus arrived and our entire bus was filled with people going to Pop Century. It's so funny how excited you get to see the ME bus upon arrival but on the way home it's the grim reaper.

DH tried to get a picture of the Walt Disney World sign. This is the best he could get from the middle of the bus in the rain.

Since I knew the whole bus load was getting off at Pop I told my family to try to move quickly so we could check in infront of most of the crowd. Since we were not retrieving luggage from below we did end of in the front of the crowd.

And we were greated in the best way possible. As we walked in it was exactly 6 p.m. There was a D.J. and several staff members doing The Hustle in the lobby just as we walked in. What a great time for us to check in. It had been a long day of traveling and that was a treat. It was also the only time we got to see The Hustle during our 10 night stay at the Pop.

Do The Hustle

Up Next: PC and Tie Die Cheesecake

Last edited by pmama; 10-31-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #50
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR! I love it!! We were at ASMU Sept. 10-16... Flew into MCO on the 10th as well! I don't remember anyone with 2 broken arms though!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #51
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I am loving you trip report, your family is beautiful! Such cute kiddos!

I cannot believe you broke both arms, that is something that I would do! Hey if you are going to do something do it all the way right?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #52
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Wow, I'm impressed. Two broken arms and still going to WDW. I have a feeling I would have done the same thing. In fact, in disneyland I got run over and pushed down by a stoller one time and then the man pushing it stepped on one of my ankles. I didn't leave,I kept walking around for the next two days, drove home to northern CA and ended up in casts on both ankles...so I feel your pain.
Your girls are beautiful and I love the ideas of the 100 and 30 day parties!
Can't wait to read more!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #53
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Well!? Did you guys do the Hustle or not? You're there! Now the good times start...woo hoo!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #54
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Just joining and it is a great start. I am very impressed that you finished the Triathon but am sorry you broke both your arms. Look forward to reading more!
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #55
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
You started your TR! So glad to put a face with a "dis" name! You and your family are gorgeous!! Your youngest daughter looks exactly like you!!

You are amazing! After breaking an arm and fracturing a wrist, you still ride 12 miles and run 5??? You are my hero!! I can hardly run a mile completely healthy!

Can't wait for more!
Welcome to my TR. I've had a great time reading yours. It's fun to see what other people were doing the exact same time as you in the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
Just found your TR! I love it!! We were at ASMU Sept. 10-16... Flew into MCO on the 10th as well! I don't remember anyone with 2 broken arms though!
I'm surprised I haven't come across anyone yet that saw or noticed me. I sure did get a lot of stares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I am loving you trip report, your family is beautiful! Such cute kiddos!

I cannot believe you broke both arms, that is something that I would do! Hey if you are going to do something do it all the way right?
That's great I'm going to have to remember that quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Wow, I'm impressed. Two broken arms and still going to WDW. I have a feeling I would have done the same thing. In fact, in disneyland I got run over and pushed down by a stoller one time and then the man pushing it stepped on one of my ankles. I didn't leave,I kept walking around for the next two days, drove home to northern CA and ended up in casts on both ankles...so I feel your pain.
Your girls are beautiful and I love the ideas of the 100 and 30 day parties!
Can't wait to read more!
OMG. That's awful. You must have really been in pain for those two days. I can't believe he pushed it over you then proceeded to step on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Well!? Did you guys do the Hustle or not? You're there! Now the good times start...woo hoo!
What are you kidding me? and lose our place in the front of the line? Well the girls did their own version of shaking their booty to the music, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Just joining and it is a great start. I am very impressed that you finished the Triathon but am sorry you broke both your arms. Look forward to reading more!
Welcome luvfigment So glad you could join us for the ride.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #56
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Love your TR so far. What a trooper! But I understand what we would do for our kids. I broke my ankle and was in a boot on crutches just before going to DL last summer. Almost cancelled, but knew how disappointed the kids would be. So I toughed it out on a scooter. But I cannot imagine not being able to use either of my arms. Cudos to you on that one!!
Can't wait to read more.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #57
Me&3
DIS Veteran

DO THE HUSSLE Can't wait to hear and see more
Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #58
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

Great update. I haven't stayed at Pop, but it's on my list. So far I have been lucky to stay at 5 different resorts on property so far. Of course the luxury resorts are probably gonna have to wait 20 years or so, lol! Can't wait to hear more!

Me- my cat Tigger my dog Bubba

Old 10-02-2008, 08:11 AM   #59
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Great update. I think if I had 2 broken arms I would still go to WDW too.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #60
islandmum
DIS Veteran

your family are gorgeous! I love the report ... and can sympathise with the injuries ....

last year we had a huge car smash getting to WDW and I was in a cast, sling (broken shoulder, dislocated elbow) and a wheelchair for the 1st few days.

Great benefit was that I did 10 days of WDW in a haze of medicated drugs - which is quite a trip!

nothing - apart from legally enforced hospital stay would keep us away

Glad to see your hubby took good care of you through it all - mine did too and its nice to see them step up to the plate sometimes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: