Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
ghockley1981
Wishes his work lift was ToT
Was brainwashed by the DLRP Clique!
Says your safe is very very safe

Glenn's When you Wish Upon a Star Trip Report Day 1

Day One

So we woke up bright and early to make our way to the Holiday Inn, our final destination. We travelled by train through London from Essex to arrive in St Pancreas nice and early.

It was very easy to find our way around and after a quick M&S bite to eat we walked through the security check point into the Eurostar departures.

We found our gate and queued up nice and early to avoid the crush to realise just before they were opened that there was a gate for each end of the train ( and we were at the wrong one )

We battled through eventually and went up to the train to find a space for our suitcase.

We then settled down in our seats ready for our first part of the journey to Lille. The train wasn't to full and there was plenty of storage space for hand luggage, however space for a big suitcase was a bit on the poor side with me having to lift our heavy case onto the top shelf!

We arrived in Lille very quickly with just a little delay at St Pancrea so we got off and walking around to the departure board. ( there’s lots of steps and escalators at Lille so I don’t recommend this un-direct route unless your strong willed in body and mind! )

We were very perplexed at first as our train to Marne Le Vallee wasn’t on there, only to realise at the last minute that of course it wasn’t the last stop for the TGV train and so would not show up on the board like that. Looking actually at the numbers this time we found our train and boarded a double decker train to Disneyland. This has a strong smell of blow off's to me but added to the adventure being on the second floor of a tilting train! The views across France were great to sit back and take in.

Upon arrival we walked straight to the 54 stop right outside for the Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Kyriad and Explorers Hotel and jumped on the next pink bendy bus that came along.

The buses dropped off and picked up at the same time so the bus was always full and were done in the order

Explorers, Kyriad, HI then Dream

We arrived at our Hotel and checked in fine getting a family bedroom with a double bed and a bunk bed ( obviously for the kids ) and a lovely bathroom with Lux Shampoo and Shower gel in a dispenser by the shower and dove hand wash by the sink on the wall.

The room was very nice and had plenty of room for me and the gf, the safe was easy to operate and overall was a quiet room. The tele had Sky news, BBC News and BBC 1 plus a lot of other countries channels. A kettle and ice bucket was also provided with powdered milk, tea and coffee.

We unpacked quickly using the hangers they provided and then went down to Disneyland to sort out our AP’s as it was approaching 3.30

Having never been to Disney before I have to admit I was swept up in the magic at the entrance and got some great pictures of the front of the entrance. We went to the customer relations entrance on the right hand side and paid for our AP’s there ( they do not stamp them here just yet so don’t panic if your getting AP's!)

We got our discounted price fine and were given temporary passes to get in. We then continued to the passport office just in front of the castle to the right beside the roundabout. Here we were stuck a bit longer while they sorted out our details and explained everything to us, being a DISer I already had researched into everything about this and so got impatient and bored very quickly as Disney was just outside waiting for us!

We soon finished this and got given our passes. We were now full members and so quickly went outside and did the obligatory castle photo’s.

We walked around a bit and then did SM which I found threw my head about more than anything else and after a second go I though that was quite enough of that and went for Buzz to recover.

We both loved this ride and I beat my gf with a score of 87,000. Not sure if this is good or not, im sure some 12 year old somewhere can tell me that’s rubbish but I thought I did pretty good!

We walked around some more and did some other quick rides such as BTM and PM before we left to beat the rush and eat at Annette’s. We still had to queue but didn't mind as the food here was lovely. Cass has the veggie buger which was basically a Hash brown in a bun with the usual burger accompliments but she loved it. I had the rock n roll burger which was basically a bacon and cheese burger. It was lovely and certainly the portions were worth the extra cash.

They served it up very quickly and it was a great first experience for eating at Disney. I can't believe how quickly the rollerskaters get up and down those stairs, the atmosphere was brilliant. They even did their Fame dance too which was fun, with full bellies we then decided to walk around the village and then round the Lake to investigate the area a bit more.

My gf loved this, especially popping into every hotel to check them out. They all looked so nice and proved a debated subject on where we would like to stay upon out return if we could get a Disney hotel. We decided on the Sequoia Lodge in the end but thought we would prefer to be in the main hotel (Montana rooms I think) rather than seperate lodges. This hotel just seemed to be so much more inviting and the atmosphere was amazing, we just enjoyed walking around this hotel so much more. We had a drink and little sit down here too.

After some more walking and shop investigation and picture opportunities

we decided to call it a night and return to our hotel to recharge our batteries for the next day cathcing the next bus back. I wouldn't recommend walking this as it would take a good hours walk I would think.

We'd had a great first day and were really excited about our stay, we weren't sure who won the hat competition though!

Glenn's When you Wish Upon a Star Trip Report Part 2
...Disney Cheyenne Feb 2013

Got Engaged at Disneyland Paris, took our Honeymoon at Disneyworld Florida

Last edited by ghockley1981; 04-28-2009 at 05:09 PM.
ghockley1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
poppyolivia
I'm the ski suit queen.......and don't forget the geeky earflap hat

hehe! I'm luvin the hats!! Thanks for sharing!

Santa Fe Mar 2006 5 days
Santa Fe Jan 2007 6 days
Santa Fe Jan 2008 6 days
Cheyenne Jan 2009 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2009 5 days
Cheyenne Jan 2010 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2010 7 days
Cheyenne Feb 2011 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2011 6 days BOOKED
Santa Fe Jan 2012 6 days BOOKED

poppyolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #3
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Great first day!

MrsTigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
stargatebarbie
There must be more than this provincial life
The other side of me is all pink and girly and princesses
tourguidebarbie to stargatebarbie

great start just loving the hats
2010 DLRP KYRIAD ,2012 DLP KYRIAD
2013 DLP VAL DE EUROPE
stargatebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
Boo-Boo
Mouseketeer

Great report, thanks for sharing
August 2009 'Newport Bay'
October 2010 'New York Hotel'
December 2011 'New York Hotel'
August 2013 'Disneyland Hotel' my 40th!

Boo-Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

What a great sounding first day! The swap at Lille sounds like a nightmare, so glad I decided to drive rather than take the Lille route with Kacee!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
BRobson
Beavers is a dangerous place to be
I will just have to enjoy Food and Wine and skip the running

Great start - love the hats

BRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 AM   #8
ema74
Addicted to everything with Ears

Great start - cool hats

No trips in planning

June 2006 - Sequoia Lodge, December 2006 - Newport Bay Club, July 2007 - Cheyenne
, April 2008- Sequoia Lodge
December 2008 - Sequoia Lodge July 2009 -Cheyenne
ema74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Great start, lovely photos

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
sam_rogers
painting with all the colours of the wind

sounds like a great first day. a trip to disney just wouldn't be the same without tryuing on the hats!

August 2005 DLP Holiday Inn - August 2006 DLP Holiday Inn - August 2007 DLP Holiday Inn - July 2008 DLP Holiday Inn - 26th August-9th September All Star Sports WDW !4th-28th May 2011 WDW All Star Sports 14th-28th September 2012 WDW All Star Sports
sam_rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #11
Jeccaboos
it is worth going just for the view

I think you definitely win in the hat stakes

Great first day, thanks.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Lovely! Nice to put faces to names!!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #13
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

Fabulous start to your holiday, those hats are great!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #14
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

What a great first and i agree the hats are fab!
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Excellent first day

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: