Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Will I be Herding Cats Again?* **** COMPLETED *****

I Can't Believe We Got To Go Back...and this time we took the MIL…and this time it was a surprise!

Links to the Trip Report Chapters - woo-hoo! Finally figured it out! (Thanks Julia)!
Click on here to skip all the nice chit-chat between posts!

Day 1 - Part 1 - Departure Day
Day 1 - Part 2 - Departure Day Continued
Day 1 - Part 3 - Arrival to Orlando and Windsor Hills
Day 2 - Part 1 - EPCOT ARRIVAL!!!
Day 2 - Part 2 - Epcot and Birthday Wishes!!
Day 2 - Part 3 - Do We Deviate from the Plan?

Day 2 - Part 4 - Does Katie reach 40"
PHOTOPASS PICS ADDED!"
Day 2 - Part 5 - The First Surprise!"
Day 2 - Part 6 - Crash Test Dummies!"
Day 2 - Part 7 - Wicked Weather"
Day 2 - Part 8 - Curse of the GGLCS"
Day 3 - Part 1 - Sleeping in and Swimming"
Day 3 - Part 2 - Smashing Pumpkins go to the Kona Cafe"
Day 3 - Part 2A - Continued from prior post
Day 3 - Part 3 - Ready to Party!
Day 3 - Part 4 - Who is that calling my name?
Day 3 - Part 5 - Teacups and More!
Day 3 - Part 6 - Is Pop Pop too scared for Haunted Mansion?
Day 3 - Part 7 - Fireworks and Parade Update
Day 3 - Part 8 - End of the Party!
Day 4 - Part 1 - Happy Birthday Katie!
Day 4 - Part 2 - The Best Laid Plans
Day 4 - Part 3 - The Princess Transformations
Katie's Princess Transformation Pics
Emily's Princess Transformation Pics
Day 4 - Part 4 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Day 4 - Part 5 - A Birthday Princess in her own little Kingdom
Day 4 - Part 6 - The Birthday Dinner That Almost Wasn't
Day 4 - Part 7 - Dining with Royalty
Day 4 - Part 8 - A Special Surprise and a Special Dance
Day 4 - Part 9 - The end of a wonderful day
Day 5 - Part 1 - Divide and Conquer
Day 5 - Part 2 - Mania Mania Mania
Day 5 - Part 3 - Commence Whining!
Day 5 - Part 4 - Throwing the Plan out the Window
Day 5 - Part 5 - A Birthday Serenade
Day 5 - Part 6 - Losing my Mind in 10 Minutes Flat
Day 5 - Part 7 - Commence Party!!
Day 5 - Part 8 - Donald? Is that you?
Day 5 - Part 9 - One last ride...or is it....
Day 6 - Part 1 - Oh, What A Beautiful Morning
Day 6 - Part 2 - Photos of a Beautiful MK Morning
Day 6 - Part 3 - Breakfast at the Crystal Palace
Day 6 - Part 4 - A Blissful Morning Continues...
Day 6 - Part 5 - A Fun Fantasyland
Day 6 - Part 6 - Tragedy in Toontown
Day 6 - Part 7 - The forgotten picture
Day 6 - Part 8 - Another camera catastrophe
Day 6 - Part 9 - Thunder, Jungle, Space....oh my!
Day 6 - Part 10 - A Great Big Beautiful Day at Disney
Day 6 - Part 11 - Jellybeans, Checkers, and A Whole Bunch of Patriotism
Day 6 - Part 12 - ALOHA!!!
Day 6 - Part 13 - Leaving the Poly and Heading Home.
FINAL THOUGHTS
LIST OF MAGICAL MOMENTS AND THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR

TRIP DATES: LEAVE OCTOBER 8TH, DISNEY FROM OCTOBER 9TH - 13TH, HOME ON THE 14TH!!!!

And so begins my pre-trip report. Hope you will stick around. This is a trip about a group of eight... 3 children, 3 grandparents, and 2 parents! All headed to Disney World to celebrate a few things:

* A 3 year old turning 4

* A 35 year old son spending time in the Magic Kingdom with his mother for the very first time ever

* Having fun at the Halloween party for the first time!

I'm now under 2 weeks before we head off to WDW! I truly am in shock over that little fact!

I’ve got more to do in the next 2 weeks than I can really fathom, so instead I am going to begin my pre-trip report, because it's a lot more fun than handling real life.

This is the story of our trip to Disney with a slightly smaller herd of cats than our last trip. This is the trip with 3 grandparents! A Grand Adventure with Grandmommy! A party with Pop-Pop! A Goofy Gathering with Grammy! It should be interesting, right?

Oh yeah, and it's also a complete surprise for the kids!

Our last trip was over Thanksgiving week and was with 16 people! Here we are:

We had a blast but it was indeed like herding cats for yours truly, the only planner in the group! You can read all about it in my trip report attached in my signature. It was a doozie of a trip, I gotta tell ya!

It was fantastic, don’t get me wrong, and we got to experience many firsts – the BBB, Chef Mickeys, Ft wilderness, Miyuki and her amazing talent, conquering Everest, PSB, the Candlelight Processional, – but this trip is down to a more manageable 8 of us! This time it's just our family of five, my parents, and my MIL!

So on with the show…but first…A little pre-trip ramble. I tend to ramble, so you might need to grab a cup of coffee, but chances are, if you are taking the time out of your life to read this report, it means that you understand what I'm about to say anyway...so I know, I know...preaching to the choir. Sorry. Indulge me anyway?

I guess it goes without saying (as I’m currently writing a pretrip report about a trip to Disney on a Disney fan site, to other Disney fans….) that I really love Walt Disney World and everything that it represents to us as a family!

I love the magical escape that it allows us, the wonderful details and the suspended reality that allow us to believe in fantasy "lands" and adventure "lands".

I love seeing my husband with his children in a way that I just don't get to see at home - complete abandon of inhibitions, living in the moment with his kids. So joyful! So un-stressed! He always seems to be having the time of his life with his son and his two little girls, and that's what I love the most...the freedom for all of us to just be with each other...as a family...at a time when it seems the world wants you to do everything EXCEPT just be together...as a family. Between school and work, soccer and ballet, birthday parties, church activities, etc, etc…it’s nice to just get away and enjoy being US! An escape, if you will.

But I'm also a realist, and I know that trips to Disney can be tricky. (Our last trip definitely taught me that) You can set your sights too high, and end up being disappointed with what actually happens (been there, done that, but lived to still enjoy my trip) but you can also go into a trip setting your expectations too low, and end up lessening what you actually end up having. Does that make sense? Why do we do this to ourselves, I wonder?

So, I have vowed that on this trip, I will try not to over-analyze, compare, or question anything during the 5 days we are there. (Yes, only 5 days. ) I will accept what happens at face value, and will embrace the magic and the pleasure that is there in each moment and I will try to take it all in and allow the experience to become a part of me and my family, instead of the other way around. Wonder how I will do?

I should point out that the trip is not a surprise for my hubby, parents, or MIL. I had to have input on some things, right? In fact, this trip was actually a surprise for ME! I casually mentioned to Shawn (DH) when the kids’ school schedule came out that they were getting two days off before Columbus Day weekend, plus Columbus Day and wouldn’t that be a nice time to go to Disney? Hehe!

He did the old standard eye-roll and said something to the effect of

“Geez, Sara..give it a rest” or something like that!
“Ok, sorry,” I said…”just thought I would mention it”.

A few days go by…and low and behold he isn’t quite so cynical about it anymore and surprises me with a

“I guess we could try and go, but I’d really like to take my Mom this time”

Okey dokey, then!

This trip is, however, a complete surprise for the kiddos!

You might even say I’ve been not-so-truthful to them the last month or so… Maybe….not totally…but we always talk in hypotheticals, and I’ve been doing a lot of “that sure would be nice, wouldn’t it, to go back to Disney?” and “Maybe the next time we go, we could do that?” Subtle brainwashing….

They love Disney and are always asking about when we will be able to go back, and we always answer “hopefully, soon”. So not an outright lie, but still dodging and weaving around the questions. So far, it’s been a lot of fun, but I’m actually missing the whole countdown thing from last year, and I’m also missing not being able to use “the trip” as incentive for certain things (ok, call it what you will…bribery ). The other little thing that has made it difficult being a surprise, is not being able to ask them about certain rides, attractions, wants, desires, you know…get a feel for it, so that I can do what I love to do the most…...PLAN!!!!

Oh well…I made the choice…now I’ve got to see it through, right?

Another thing happening on this trip is my youngest daughter’s 4th birthday on Oct 11th! My birthday is on Oct 16th and our 12th wedding anniversary is October 26th, so I hope to be able to celebrate those as well (well, not celebrate mine so much as the others, as that would be weird for me to plan for my own thing, but inside I will be celebrating that I got to go on the trip! That's the best present I could ever ask for! )

SO, the trip is a surprise…but what other surprises do I have in store for my little group? I’ll get to that in a minute, but I suppose I should introduce the cast of this adventure, so you know who I’m talking about. For starters, here is my family:

Continued in next post....

Last edited by mom2mek; 04-14-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Attempting links!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
princesslily
Disney finatic

I'm lovin' it!
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

The cast of this grand adventure:

Me – Sara (33 for a couple more weeks – gasp!) – Wife to Shawn, Mother to Michael, Emily, and Katie (hence my mom2mek name) and lover of all things Disney, as well as all things about planning for Disney!

I guess you could say I am a Type A- personality (note the minus sign). I’m not total Type A control freak, but I’m not gonna lie – there’s a little of that in there. But overall, I am fairly easy-going, ironically, with any other trip we plan, or any other weekend outing. I do not do like to do the parks commando style – I like to do them TGM style. If you aren’t aware of his touring plans, you should check them out. He is all about seeing the best of the best and totally enjoying the whole resort experience of the trip and his touring plans reflect that philosophy!

Anywho, I work full time in my family’s business in the accounting department, where my mom is my boss. It’s great in most ways and I can’t complain. My last trip to Disney was the "biggie" in November of 2007. Before that, we went to Disney in January of 2006 (12 of us) and we all pretty much got the stomach flu. I don’t recommend it. Prior to that was a trip in 2002 when my oldest was a year old, a couple of times in the 80’s, and at least once in the late 70’s as a child.

Character I am like the most – Minnie Mouse - the girl next door, dedicated to her mouse (er, Man), down to earth, loves music and is often caught singing or humming to herself!

DH – Shawn (35) – Rough exterior on the outside, but on the inside is a sweetheart and makes up for his lack of patience with his kind heart. He also considers my obsession with Disney to be endearing…or, so he says anyway. (he is a bit of a DIS and TGM widow though recently as is usually the case before a Disney trip). I have him to thank for surprising me by saying yes to this trip, so thank you hon! My high school sweetheart, so I have known him for 18 years (we met in 1990 – yikes!), went to prom together, dated through his Army years and my college years, and got married after both of those things were finished in 1996.

It’s a good thing I love this man as we also work together. I work in the office, he works in pretty much everything. Officially, he is an estimator, but he is also our resident IT guru, as well as a project manager when it is necessary. He is far more valuable to the company than I am and works very long hours as a result. A very creative person, loves photography, loves graphic design, loves animation. His Disney history consists of his first trip ever in 2002 (he was 28), then the sick trip in 2006 and the Thanksgiving trip. So this will make his 4th trip.

The character I think he is like the most – Grumpy or the Beast

Grumpy because... well…enough said.

Beast – tough/rough on the outside, sweet spirit on the inside.

The 5 of us:

DS – Michael (7) – My baby boy. My sweetheart. This kid has me wrapped. Loves everything Star Wars and Pirates, and has now become very obsessed with Narnia, Prince Caspian, knights in general. Basically anything with a weapon! Very loving, thoughtful, a peace-keeper who doesn’t like for anyone to feel sad or upset, just an overall good-natured kid. Loves video games, and is scary good at them. Worships his Daddy for his killer skilz on the Playstation and the Wii, but overall, is still a mommy’s boy (and I hope it stays that way for a little while longer). Straight A student who just started 2nd grade, and loves playing soccer. He really enjoys planning (don’t know where he gets that from ) and thinks we are going to Disney again “maybe next Thanksgiving?” Hehe.

This will be his 4th trip to Disney. The first one was when he was a baby, the second one was the “sick trip” in Jan of 2006, then Thanksgiving of 2007. Last year, I said he was most like the character of Dash – due to his small self, and his speed (Michael is super-fast for his size), but I think I will revise that and make him Mickey Mouse he’s fun-loving and optimistic with a good heart and a love of life. (Plus, he always calls Mickey the King…because of the Kingdom Hearts game, LOL – loves Mickey!)

DD – Emily (5) – My oldest daughter. Just started kindergarten. A sweet soul but is very shy. Can also tend to whine a little too much for her Mommy’s (and especially her Daddy’s) patience levels! (I need more cream cheese on my bagel….this shoe isn’t tied tight enough….my hair hurts…..I need more covers…..no, I need less covers….you get the picture). She loves princesses, makeup, ballet, Webkinz (they have taken over our house), anything pink, loves animals – but especially dogs and cats - and last but not least, almost anything her brother likes. Unfortunately for her, that means a few too many episodes of Zach and Cody which I’m gonna have to put a stop to. Enough with the “Yay Me!" It’s lost on a 5 year old and just comes out sounding really self-centered to anyone who doesn’t get the whole “Suite Life” reference.

I’m gonna keep her “character” name from last year, because I think it sums her up in a nutshell – Cinbelgrumplet! Cinderella is her favorite character, Belle is who she most looks like, Grumpy for obvious reasons, and Piglet – because she is so very shy and I hope she eventually finds a few Hundred Acre Wood friends to play with before she drives her brother nuts!

DD – Katie (3) – My baby. She will be turning 4 while we are at Disney. Sure wish they had the next year’s promotion already in play, but oh well…another reason to go back, right? She is a piece of work. I always say, if she had been my first born, I probably would have stopped with one. She is dangerous. Has no fear. And is currently just shy of 40”. A whole new world opens up to them at 40” in Disney, so I’m hoping she will make the cut. Loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, all of the playhouse Disney characters. Loves Webkinz, and is actually getting quite good at maneuvering her mouse around, very imaginative and loves to sing. She is still at home during the day (with my MIL) but just started ballet and singing in the children’s choir at church. Has become quite a “poser” when someone takes her picture. Cracks me up! Sticks out her hip, puts her hand up by her face, cheesy grins, the whole lot. Too funny. She is my little Dory – forgets things almost instantly – but is almost always happy! I’m in total and utter shock that she is turning four! How did this happen? This will be her 3rd trip – her first when she was a baby and the 2nd over Thanksgiving.

DM – Mom (61) – aka Grandmommy. My rock. An angel. An unselfish, kind, loving person whom everyone loves. The perfect Grandmommy to her 9 grandbabies, and, fortunately for mine since they live the closest, a major spoiler of said grandbabies! Married to my step-dad for 23 years, runs the family business with her 3 brothers, and if it weren’t for her, the 3 brothers would probably kill one another. The voice of reason in almost any situation. A true lady, in every aspect of the word, and one with a voice who would make Julie Andrews jealous! Amazingly talented. Will do anything to make her family happy. Would take the mountains over the beach any day, even though she co-owns a diving company! Shares my love of coffee, my love of music, and has always instilled in me a hard work-ethic and a moral compass that has always been pointed in the right direction. She will, most obviously, be linked to the Fairy Godmother, or Fairy Grandmommy, as my favorite Disney character for her! (I’m sure she wouldn’t pick her due to her unfortunate taste in clothing, but in all other respects she is similar).

DF – Stepdad (62) – aka Pop Pop. A total kid at heart. Looks and acts much younger than his years. Loves to spoil and does not shy away from looking silly in public places. Will do almost anything to ensure that the kids have a good time – dance around, skip, have his face painted, wear funny hats, scream like a girl when need be, etc, etc…catch my drift? In all seriousness, he is a hard worker, a very spiffy dresser, a Mr. Fix-It (carpenter by trade), and a real talker! Oh yes…and very, very organized! Mr. Tidy Bowl is what we like to call him! He has a great eye for decorating and for visualizing things, but will tend to wander at times and leave you wondering..”now where did Pop Pop go?”. Loves and adores my Mom and is, and always has been, an all-around great guy!

Character most like? Goofy! Enough said.

DMIL – (54) Shawn’s Mom – aka Grammy. My MIL is a sweetheart. She is very kind and thoughtful and very agreeable. Yay! I love her to pieces and I don’t know what I would do without her. She has come to my house almost every day since Michael was a baby to watch the children. Every. Darn. Day. Yes, I am very lucky. She is a mother of two (Shawn and his sister) and is married to Shawn’s step-dad who just recently retired and is having some medical issues. After being at our house all day, she also works at night for a few hours as a receptionist at a dance studio. We asked her to come on this trip and we are happy to be able to take care of all her expenses considering all that she does for us. She was very excited to hear she would be able to come. It has been a tough year for her, but she is a woman of deep faith and I know that this trip will do her some good and provide her with some much-needed fun!

She has been to Disney World once, about 15 years ago, and only went to the Magic Kingdom. They didn’t do too much as she was there to watch her daughter compete in a dance competition being held there. She also made two trips to Disneyland for the same reason around the same time frame. So this will actually be her first trip to Disney World with not only her grandchildren, but her own son! She and Shawn have never been to the World together before. A Mother/Son 1st trip, if you will.

Character most like? Not sure on this one, how about Tink. Kind of spunky...

So that’s it. That is our crew. We will be staying in a 3 bedroom townhouse in Windsor Hills and I am really looking forward to that. I have only ever stayed onsite when I was a kid and I think it was in the Contemporary for both times, and one of the “now-DTD” area hotels in the 80’s. We like staying offsite as it provides us with a lot more room for a lot less $ - which means more return trips! Plus, I know my husband, and the bus system at Disney would not work for him. He would much rather get to a car and drive there. So, with the Disney transporation not a necessity, the $ amount of staying offsite very appealing, it’s where we like to be. We have stayed in a 7 bedroom home in Formosa Gardens (loved it), and an 8 bedroom home in Rolling Hills (it was fine), and now we will be trying out Windsor Hills. I figure when the kids are older, and don't require a seperate bedtime than us, that staying in one 250 square foot hotel room won't be a problem. Oh, who am I kidding? They will be full size people by then and I won't want to share a bathroom with 4 other people!

We enjoy having the option of sitting out by the private pool with a drink in hand, while our children are sleeping safely inside the house, or enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning in our pjs while the kids take a dip in the pool. Call me crazy, but I just don't think the other hotel guests would really want to see me in my bathrobe with my bed-head and no make-up! Although, now that I think about it...that might be a cool tactic to get the pool all to ourselves!

So anyway, we like staying in a house offsite as long as we are close (which we always have been). Now maybe if I win the lottery, I wouldn't mind the grand villa at the new Bay Lake Tower with a castle view! I think I could live with that!

Last edited by mom2mek; 01-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Great start Sara! You really are a great writer - I love how descriptive you are! You even had me a little teary eyed in the part about watching Shawn with the kids at Disney. I didn't realize this was Shawns first trip with his mom - thats neat!

I can't wait to read all about your adventures together!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily View Post
I'm lovin' it!
Thanks and to my pre-trip! Hope I don't bore anyone with my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
I'm here!

Great start Sara! You really are a great writer - I love how descriptive you are! You even had me a little teary eyed in the part about watching Shawn with the kids at Disney. I didn't realize this was Shawns first trip with his mom - thats neat!

I can't wait to read all about your adventures together!
Yay! You found me! I still have to figure out how to link to here without it showing the path and everything...care to help a technically challenged friend? As you can see, my T-giving report isn't even in there right and I did that a year ago!

Yes, this will be Shawn's first trip with his mom! Isn't that cute? I will have to get a picture of them in front of the castle - just the two of them!

Thanks for reading! Still can't believe we are gonna miss eachother by one day!

Sara
Old 09-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

you started your trippie! I love your writing style! Such cute pics of the kids. I love the one with Emily in the Tutu. I miss having a little girl as mine is not so little anymore . This is going to be a great trip. More and more I love the idea of staying in a house for vacation. I wish Disney would stop giving us good deals because the idea of that space sounds wonderful. I hope we get to meet up. I'll Pm you before I forget.
Nichole
Old 09-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Cute trip report! Your family is lovely! I can't wait to read more. I meet my husband in 1990 when I was in high school and married him in 1996 too! Can you believe 18 years!? Almost two decades! We are doing a grand gathering too. I know how you feel. There is going to be a lot less duck herding for me this time. I think they are starting to get the hang of it... When is Columbus day anyway?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 09-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
you started your trippie! I love your writing style! Such cute pics of the kids. I love the one with Emily in the Tutu. I miss having a little girl as mine is not so little anymore . This is going to be a great trip. More and more I love the idea of staying in a house for vacation. I wish Disney would stop giving us good deals because the idea of that space sounds wonderful. I hope we get to meet up. I'll Pm you before I forget.
Nichole
Thanks for joining in Nichole! Yes, staying offsite for us is such a better value. With 3 kids, we couldn't stay in one room at a value, and a mod is still just one bedroom and one bath (and even with a discount it still can't beat the $100 a night divided by 2), so maybe someday I will get to see what staying onsite is all about! Plus, like I said, Shawn would still want to drive to the parks and we wouldn't be at any with an EMH anyway, so the perks just aren't worth it for us. I'd rather spend less so I can go back more!

Isn't is awful how are kids are growing up? I just want to stop time for a while and enjoy them at the ages they are now. Childhood is too short and then they are grown-ups the rest of their lives!

I hope we meet up too! Off to check out your PM.

Oh yeah, how do you take away all the http stuff on your links? I've been trying to do it for the last half an hour and can't get it right. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Cute trip report! Your family is lovely! I can't wait to read more. I meet my husband in 1990 when I was in high school and married him in 1996 too! Can you believe 18 years!? Almost two decades! We are doing a grand gathering too. I know how you feel. There is going to be a lot less duck herding for me this time. I think they are starting to get the hang of it... When is Columbus day anyway?
THanks for joining in Alysa! What a coinky-dink about the hubbies! So you are going in less than 2 weeks, too? That's neat! I'll go check out your pre-trip - maybe I will see you there! Oh, and Columbus Day is Monday, Oct 13th!

Sara
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Alysa
DIS Veteran

The 13th is Canadian Thanksgiving! We will be eating at Le Cellier that day where apparently they do - nothing. Very strange. But we'll still have fun! Come by and say hi!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #10
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

I will try to explain the link thing (hope I make sense)

On your sig the link will be listed as [U.R.L=http://www.disboards.com blah blah blah blah] THEN IT WILL REPEAT HERE [/URL]
(without the periods in the first url - it wouldn't show up if I typed it exactly)

If you replace the part where the location is duplicated (highlighted above) with your title it should work. Just be sure to leave the final [/url] in place and don't mess with the first bracketed section either.

I hope it works for you!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #11
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I have no clue how to take the URL away from the link. I had to have Tommy come home and fix mine, LOL. you know what we drive to the parks alot if we are not staying on the monorail and you know I don't usually do EMH either . Offsite is on my list for sure. Squeezing in one even at Poly is still kind of small for a whole week.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
The 13th is Canadian Thanksgiving! We will be eating at Le Cellier that day where apparently they do - nothing. Very strange. But we'll still have fun! Come by and say hi!
Well that's interesting! I wonder why they don't do anything? Seems like such a good opportunity to show off some Canadian traditions. We will be at the MK that day (our last day ).

Quote:
I will try to explain the link thing (hope I make sense)

On your sig the link will be listed as [U.R.L=http://www.disboards.com blah blah blah blah] THEN IT WILL REPEAT HERE [/URL]
(without the periods in the first url - it wouldn't show up if I typed it exactly)

If you replace the part where the location is duplicated (highlighted above) with your title it should work. Just be sure to leave the final [/url] in place and don't mess with the first bracketed section either.

I hope it works for you!
Yay! I think it worked! Thank you!

Not only am I crafticapped, I am majorly technicapped as well.

Thanks Michelle!

Sara
Old 09-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #13
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Yay! Glad it worked! I snuck on a computer at my clients office and wanted to wait to see if you got it - guess I'd better get back to work now....
Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I have no clue how to take the URL away from the link. I had to have Tommy come home and fix mine, LOL. you know what we drive to the parks alot if we are not staying on the monorail and you know I don't usually do EMH either . Offsite is on my list for sure. Squeezing in one even at Poly is still kind of small for a whole week.
Really, the monorail is where I would want to be with my kids, so you might have just given me a good idea Nichole! Split stay! 3 days offsite, 3 days at the Poly! Probably would work out to be about the same as 6 days value (especially if you had a code for the Poly). Hmm....I would be on at the Poly, I think. And all 5 of us could fit! Definitely something to consider, even though doing a split stay has never appealed to me. I could be persuaded!

Sara
Old 09-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #15
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Quote:
Yay! Glad it worked! I snuck on a computer at my clients office and wanted to wait to see if you got it - guess I'd better get back to work now....
Shhhh...I won't tell....

(I'm glad you did because I would still be here trying to figure it out when you checked back in after work, LOL!) Although I probably would have done this by then...

(And I can't do that, remember....all my friends live in there... )

Sara

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: