Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
cousinbb
Burn the Bridge of Retreat

My 1st trip report w/pic and now includes MNSSHP!

Ok, this is my first ever trip report that I've ever done. I am not a great writer nor a great speller, so please bear with me .

My trip to WDW began on Sept. 14th and ended the 21st, so we were part of the free dining - it is so worth it for my family and I -. I got 4 base tickets(plus separte tickets for MNSSHP on the 16) for the week for 4 people and stayed at POP Century in the 90's area. We took Amtrack down to Orlando and was then driven to our destination. Now I am part of a family of 6, so why is there only 4 people going? Well, for one, my three siblings have school and two,my dad couldn't get off from work. So my trip included
Me, Bridgette

So some info on me. I can get really goofy. Exspecially when I am tired. I make these crazy faces and weird comments just out of the blue. But I also have my shy side. I don't like to go up to strangers and ask them questions, unless its extremely important. But I will answer strangers' questions. I also like to keep a smile on my face at all times. My favorite characters are Belle, Goofy, and Tigger. And yes, I LOVE collecting disney pins.

My best friend Nicole,

She is usually shy, but if she's know you really well, she can get really, really goofy and loud. She loves to look for cute boys. Her nickname from me is chuhuahua (sp?). The reasons are because she is small, shivers alot because she gets really cold easily, and gets squeeky when she is excited. She doesn't really have a favorite character, but I think she likes Jasmine.

My mom's and my friend, Gloria

Gloria is a tom boy and the all time goofy woman. Even more goofy than I am. She's funny 24/7 If Gloria wasn't with me on this trip, it would've been pretty boring. She claims that any green colored character is her favorite; for example, Jiminy Cricket, Malificient, and green dude from Stitch.

My wonderful Mommy, Diana aka mom2cookies on Dis

My mom is one of the nicest women on earth. She is willing to help anyone at any time. She is not shy -complete opposite of me- she will talk to anyone. Now girls my age usually hate their mom and are embarrassed by her. Not me. My mommy is really my best friend. I go to her for everything. What's funny is we can look at each other and know what we are both thinking. It drives my family crazy. She is the one that really put my special trip together. Thank you Mommy

So my introduction is done. Now for the beginning of the trip. We woke up Sunday morning, went to church, and then went to the train station. Amtrack was to arrive at 30th Street Station at 4:55 p.m., and it did.

We would be in Orlando on Monday 15th at 1:55 p.m, which we were. After being driven to POP Century, mom checked us in. We were able to go to our room right away and unpack. After unpacking, showering, and getting dressed, we headed to Downtown Disney for some SHOPPING! and dinner, which was at Earl of Sandwiches. So my next chapter will have to be about DTD, for photobucket isn't working for me anymore . See ya'll then

My Sept.trip report of 2008
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1964578
Our Italian waiter was flirting with us!!trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2313132

Last edited by cousinbb; 04-28-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
happysmyly
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great group to travel with! You were there the same week we were--hope you enjoyed your trip as much as we did... I'm looking forward to reading your TR.
WDW - 1996 & 1998 - Port Orleans 2000 - ASMovies 2004 - Offsite (also did Discovery Cove that trip) 2008 - ASMusic - Grand Gathering 2011 Jan - CBR Girls' trip 2012 Oct AKL Just the 2 of us!!! - 2014 Jan - ASMu Girls' trip - 2014 July - Hong Kong Disneyland!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
billnang
DIS Veteran

Great start.. We were there the same time... I started my first ever TR too...
can't wait to read about what others did the same week!!!

angela

My family
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I'm staying at POP. Are the beds big enough for 2 people. We are only staying 1 nite, then switching, but just wondering.

I can't believe you took a train to WDW.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 AM   #5
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Nice start to your TR.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Old 09-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
cousinbb

Thanks everyone for your replies

OK, lets get back to my day in DTD.

As soon as we arrived in Downtown Disney via bus, we headed straight for Earl of Sandwiches 'cause we were HUNGRY! To my surprise, there was no line at all at 3:10 p.m. on Monday.

Alrighty, I got the delicious Tuna Melt, with a chocolate chip cookie and rootbeer.

The picture of the Tuna Melt isn't that well, but it's the only one I got. A tuna melt has uh tuna fish, swiss cheese, and bits of onion and celery on a toasted roll. It was really good. I gave it an A+.
My mom and Nicole got the meatball sandwich, a coke, and one got a brownie and the other a cookie. They both gave the sandwich an A+; however, my mom said the roll was a little burnt on hers.

A meatball sandwich has meatballs, cheese, and some kind of sause, not sure what kind it was.

And Gloria got the Hawaiin BBQ sandwich with milk.

Hmm..... after looking at it for a little, it doesn't look so good. heh Well, I'm not really sure what was included in this sandwich. We were "arguing" over whether it had pork or ham, but it looks like ham, with cheese, and bbq sause. Gloria gave it a B because she claimed it to be too sweet. Which reminds me. Gloria does not eat anything, I mean anything with sugar and caffeine. Hence the reason why she had at least 2 fruit bowls a day for 5 days.

Ok, after dinner we shopped around for a bit. I got some presents for my family at various stores. The rest of the gang did the same. It was not a crowded day in DTD so most of stores were empty of people. We shopped and looked around 'till about 7 and we headed to the wonderful GHIRADELLI!!
I was looking forward to this all day. Again, to my surprise, there was no line.

I ordered the Midnight Reverie. It is pretty much all dark chocolate.

It has dark chocolate ice cream, sprinkles (jimmies), syrup, and chocolate square on the top. The only thing that wasn't dark was the whip cream.

Mommy got the well known Strike-it-Rich sundae.

This sundae consists of vanilla ice cream, with lots of carmel, chocolate and butterscotch syrup, pecans, and whip cream on top.

Nicole only got a vanilla milkshake which is vanilla ice cream and milk and whip cream on top.

Gloria got nothing. She sat on a bench until we were done. After our 100% satisfying dessert was over, we all left DTD and headed back to our resort where we got a good nights rest for Tuesday's Animal Kingdom day.

Last edited by cousinbb; 04-28-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: I had to redo my pictures
Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
cousinbb

Sorry guys, double post.

Last edited by cousinbb; 09-30-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
cousinbb

Now for my third part of my TR, Animal Kingdom.

We woke up Tuesday morning, got dressed and ready, and headed for the food court. I don't have any pictures of our breakfastes because I was so hungry, but I can tell you about them. We used the counterservice for breakfast, so we could get a meal and two drinks. I got the adult breakfast with milk and water; Nicole got a ham and cheese omelet with chocolate milk and water; I forget what Gloria ordered, but I know she got milk and water; and Mommy got a Spanish omelet with orange juice and water. Our breakfast was pretty good. It definitely filled us up.

After breakfast we hopped on the bus to Animal Kingdom. We were actually there in time for rope drop. As soon as the rope dropped, we headed to Kilmanjaro Safari. Now mornings are OK for Kilmanjaro. I didn't get to see my favorite animal, giraffe, but we did see many other animals. I heard mid-day to afternoon were better times Here are some pictures.

Ok after this wonderful safari, we did It's Tough to be Bug and Kali River Rapids with no wait at all. After these Nicole, Gloria, and I did Expedition Everest - my favorite ride in all of Disney- During our day we also did Dinosaur and Festival of the Lion King -my favorite show in all of Disney - and then rode Everest again. For lunch we had french fries.

Since we were going to MNSSHP -Woo hoo! -tonight, we had a dinner ressie at Whispering Canyon in the Fort Wilderness Lodge Resort at 5:00 p.m., but since we got their early, we were seated at 4:30 p.m. when it opened. It definitely didn't take too long to see what we wanted

The Skillet came with corn bread and salad. The skillet has pulled pork, ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, mashpotatos,and beans. It was sooo good. To drink, my mom and I got Sprite, Gloria got milk, and Nicole got Coke.

And for dessert, Nicole, my mom, and I got Vanilla ice cream and Gloria got a bowl of fruit. I did have a picture of the ice cream, but all you see is white because the bowl was white too. So after dinner, my mom, Nicole, and I went to the restrooms to change into our costumes. Gloria was going to Cirque du Soleil that night instead of MNSSHP. So my next post will be about MNSSHP with lots of pictures.

Last edited by cousinbb; 06-16-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: sorry about the double post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
cousinbb

Can anybody tell me why some of my pictures are moved or deleted?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #10
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Have you deleted them from your Photobucket account? If you have, then they will be deleted on here as well. I had that happen to me before.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #11
cousinbb

hmm, I guess I'll have to check to see if somebody else deleted them on me. Thank you so much for your reply.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #12
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinbb View Post
hmm, I guess I'll have to check to see if somebody else deleted them on me. Thank you so much for your reply.

No problem! Like I said, I had the same thing happen before and I finally figured out I had deleted some pics from my photobucket account.

Hope you get the pictures back up! Great start to your TR!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
cousinbb

OK! Sorry this took a little while. My pictures got messed up. So I now tell you about my MNSSHP night in Magic Kingdom!

After putting on our costumes in the Whispering Canyone restroom, we headed to the boats to catch a ride to Magic Kingdom. We didn't have to wait too long for it. We stepped onto MK land around 6:00 p.m. My mom took this pictures of Nicole and I.

I went as a fairy princess; Nicole was just a princess; and my mom was an American Indian.
So we headed into the gates of MK and I was absolutely amazed at what I saw. I was never in WDW during this time and the change was really different to what I was used to. As my mom, Nicole, and I walked up Main Street I took these pictures.

We also received free candy bags when we entered MK. It had an ad for Tinkerbell on one side and Wall-E on the other. We were hoping we would be able to get candy right away, but they didn't open till a little after 7:00 p.m. Therefore, we rode Haunted Mansion. muahahahaha It was pretty fun
We also got to ride Big ThunderRoad Mountain with NO wait as well as BuzLightyear and Space Mountain. After doing these, we noticed a candy line! Of course we got in line to receive our first pieces of candy and let me tell you, it is not cheap candy. I'm talking about smarties, hershey bars, lollipops, skittles, red hots, tootsie rolls, and all sorts of goodies. -they were all miniature size tho- The other good thing is you can visit a candy station more than once. There were about 13 candy stations. Our trick-or-treating bags were FULL. Here are some pictures of CMs we saw handing out candy.

And here are some pictues of what I saw along Alice and Mad Hatter's Treat Party.

The three of us saw the BOO to you Parade and the special fireworks. They were awesome!! exspecially the parade. My favorite part of the parade was the cowboys, pirates, and gravediggers We also got some candy from parade CM. They were handing it out at the end of the parade. Tip here: make sure you have your bag open and held out; otherwise, you probably won't get any at the end of the parade.
We left around midnight and slept really well the rest of the night. We were ready for the next day at MGM Studios -now known as Hollywood Studios -

Last edited by cousinbb; 06-16-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #14
KittyKat08
Mouseketeer

Been reading your TR and it sounds like you had alot of fun. One of these years I would love to go to MNSSHP, 13 candy stations sounds YUM to me.

From about 1979 till now Disneyland all the time!
2008 First trip to Walt Disney World, POFQ & offsite
2008 First DCL trip on the Disney Wonder

My Honeymoon TR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2054154

Thanks pamouselover
Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #15
cousinbb

Next up, MGM Studios on Wednesday.

Gloria, Nicole, my mom, and I woke up around 8:00 a.m., and headed to the food court again to eat breakfast. I didn't take any pictures of what we ordered but we pretty much had the same thing as we did on Tuesday. After our meal, we hopped on a bus to MGM Studios, now called Hollywood Studios. We weren't there for rope drop but we still headed to Toy Story Mania in hope of getting a fast pass. And surprise, surprise we got one for 11:00 a.m.; an hour later. This is what the fastpass machine looked like.

Toy Storie Mania is in the area called Pixar Studios.

While waiting for our fastpass return time, we watched The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and rode the Great Movie Ride, not too far from Pixar Studios. By the time we were done this, it was close to 11:00, so the four of us headed back over there. I've never been on this ride before; therefore, I took some pictures while waiting in the very short fastpass line. The StandBy line was 90 minutes long!

The Shoots and Ladder game was actually on the ceiling.

The picture on the left below is what you ride in. It fits four with one "canon" per person. You also have to wear 3D glasses.

ToyStoryMania is really fun. In my opinion, better than BuzzLightyear Ranger Spin.

After we were done this, we did ToT and RockinRollerCoaster -well actually Nicole and Gloria did these because my mom and I are too scared -We also did Beauty and the Beast live on stage, which is always a joy to watch. We didn't watch the parade, instead we did Sounds Dangerous, Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular and the Star Wars ride.
We had time for one more thing before dinner, which was the Backlot Tour. This is actually one of my favorite things to do in MGM Studios, exspecially when you have a friend along that has never been to WDW before. The only downside to it is it takes so long.

I never said anything about lunch, but we just had french fries and a drink. But for dinner, we were going to 50's Prime Time. The wait for our table was only about 15 minutes. After being seated, we were introduced to our "Uncle Tom" who took our order and then asked if we washed our hands. Of course we didn't, so Tom made us get up and go wash them. Our food didn't take very long at all to get to our table. Because we were so hungry and the food looked so good, I, uh, didn't take any pictures. But I do remember what we got.
My mom and I ordered Pot Roast, which was DELICIOUS! Unfortunately, it came with gravy, and I don't like gravy. So when Tom saw I didn't eat the gravy, he fed it to me.
Gloria had the steak and Nicole got fried chicken. Both thought their dinner was good.
Of course we had dessert and I did take pictures of them.
Nicole had the smores

Gloria had a fruit bowl

I ordered the Angel Food Cake

and my mom got a carmel sundae

After our dinner, we just looked and shopped around for a bit to wait for Fantasmic to start when I took this picture.

We went up Sunset Boulevard to Fantasmic a half hour before the show was about to start. We got some pretty good seats too. We were in the middle (Pocohantas section to be exact) near the back. This gives you a full view of everything going on. It was good weather so we were able to watch Fantasmic. A really wonderful, must-see show. After the show, we hopped back on the bus to POP Century, got in the pool, and went to bed.
Up next will be Magic Kingdom.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: