Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #136
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
YAY ~ We will be at CBR Jan 21-27, maybe we'll see you at the new pool!
Maybe we could meet by the pool for a beverage

Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #137
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

OH MY WORD! 9 pages? My , my we are quite the chatty bunch today! Well, I can understand Jenjolt what with all that Dr. Pepper in her system, but the rest of you......tsk, tsk!

Let's see, what have y'all been gabbing about today......scrapbooking, family photos, cinnamon buns, TV show season debuts, Star Wars, and hunting?

Well, incase anybody missed last nights announcement, I changed my O'Hana ADR to a different day so now we are cleared for Spectro! Now I need to know ..... where is a good place to see the parade? My kids WILL NOT be in favor of sitting and waiting for more than 15 - 20 mins, half hour at the most. Anybody have any suggestions?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #138
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I've been reading these posts for along time, just never chimed in (as you can tell by my LOW post count, I just don't post much - I learn from everyone else! ).

We are a snowbird family, too. It's me, my Hubby and son (who will be celebrating turning 6 at disney!). We are staying at a moderate for the first time (CBR) - we normally stay at Movies!

Here's what I came to share, as, after reading all of these posts, I know only you all will understand.......I just walked over to the mall and the have CLOSED THE DISNEY STORE!!! I just couldn't believe it! It was there a month ago!! And now.....its a CALENDAR store! I knew they were closing stores, but, you know how it is...you never think it'll happen to you!

Okay, that's done. Now that my depression is over, I can get back to reading everyone's posts and continue the excitement until our next trip to Disney!!! Thank you for allowing me to share.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #139
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Fave in our house (with scrunched up face and whiney voice):
"But I was going to go into Toshi Station and pick up some power converters"

LOVE IT EVERY TIME!
other favs of ours ____ I'd rather kiss a Wookie You're not actually going into an asteriod field (usually aimed at DH driving) and I thought they smelled bad on the outside (aimed at DS) & the best In Vaders Voice I am altering the deal pray I don't alter it any further (aimed at all 3)
Old 09-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #140
Gillettes
mmmm....chocolate

Mel- Also a huge ER fan. Very sad it's the last season. Can't wait to see how they end it all.

CrystalCastle- I am also a reality show junkie! I can't wait for the race to start. The winner of BB10, Dan, was from my city!! Yeah for Dearborn!

We keep all our info on a spreadsheet. This is mostly masterminded by my BIL. We will talk daily about disney, then update the spreadsheet.It's saved as an icon on my desktop. It has ADR's, EMHs, plus broken down by parks and what we want to see every day. The only thing it's missing is bathroom breaks. (Brad, if you are reading...remember we have two young girls) Last time he printed like a 4x6 copy of all our ADR times and the conf. # and had it laminated. That way if we split up we would have the times for our next meal. Worked awesome!!

Northern Disney Girl- I believe our girls are around the same ages, mine are 4 and 7. So I was wondering what u plan on taking into the parks for them. I had one in diapers last time so I needed a backpack. Thsi time I would rather go without one.

Off to do some cleaning!

Amanda
Old 09-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #141
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
OH MY WORD! 9 pages? My , my we are quite the chatty bunch today! Well, I can understand Jenjolt what with all that Dr. Pepper in her system, but the rest of you......tsk, tsk!

Let's see, what have y'all been gabbing about today......scrapbooking, family photos, cinnamon buns, TV show season debuts, Star Wars, and hunting?

Well, incase anybody missed last nights announcement, I changed my O'Hana ADR to a different day so now we are cleared for Spectro! Now I need to know ..... where is a good place to see the parade? My kids WILL NOT be in favor of sitting and waiting for more than 15 - 20 mins, half hour at the most. Anybody have any suggestions?
Free pass to be Hyper...I knew I loved you Kim!!!

Well for best seating maybe one of the adults in your party can stake out a spot, I think for Spectro, Fronteirland is good for seeing the parade (I THINK) and one of you who maybe enjoys people watching can go stake out a spot 45 minutes ahead and let the other adult take the kids around to ride more rides and meet up with you??? That's just one suggestion of course!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #142
Kazooie01
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehousemom View Post
Glad I could help. I am such a geek about stuff like that we are always quoting SW lines to each other in my family.
My Husband always busts out "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force" or "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."(My Hubby wishes!)

LIVESTRONG- JLF 6/5/1977-7/17/2010, I will always love you.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #143
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

Serious ???

Ok I have a serious question that I would like some feedback on. DD9 wants to start posting & reading the teen site here at DIS. We let both kids go on line when we are in the room with them. They only go to Build A Bear, Webkinz, Nick jr , Disney & club penguin. They only play games there we have never let them chat or anything else. Would you let her go on that board? Not trying to be over protective( I don't need to try I AM) but I makes be nervous about the thought of her "talking" to people on line. So what do my fellow snowbirds think?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #144
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Okay, so I've been reading these posts for along time, just never chimed in (as you can tell by my LOW post count, I just don't post much - I learn from everyone else! ).

We are a snowbird family, too. It's me, my Hubby and son (who will be celebrating turning 6 at disney!). We are staying at a moderate for the first time (CBR) - we normally stay at Movies!

Here's what I came to share, as, after reading all of these posts, I know only you all will understand.......I just walked over to the mall and the have CLOSED THE DISNEY STORE!!! I just couldn't believe it! It was there a month ago!! And now.....its a CALENDAR store! I knew they were closing stores, but, you know how it is...you never think it'll happen to you!

Okay, that's done. Now that my depression is over, I can get back to reading everyone's posts and continue the excitement until our next trip to Disney!!! Thank you for allowing me to share.

First of all Welcome!! So glad you popped in to say hi!!! My name is Jen and I'm a huge fan of the dancing banana!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the travesty that was the closing of your Disney Store!!! I love that place and I totally would feel just like you if they closed the one near me!

On a happier note, please post more with us!! We are a crazy bunch who love to party and just talk..and talk..and talk some more (oh wait, that just might be me LOL)

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #145
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I have a serious question that I would like some feedback on. DD9 wants to start posting & reading the teen site here at DIS. We let both kids go on line when we are in the room with them. They only go to Build A Bear, Webkinz, Nick jr , Disney & club penguin. They only play games there we have never let them chat or anything else. Would you let her go on that board? Not trying to be over protective( I don't need to try I AM) but I makes be nervous about the thought of her "talking" to people on line. So what do my fellow snowbirds think?

My son has an account... he started it when he was about 11..... I did sit with him and talk about rules though... like not giving info about where he lives, or that I am his mother , just to ask questions and share his experiences with others.... no personal information.... he doesn't even use his real name....and I have access to it... he really only posts when we are going on trips... I just keep a pretty close look on what he is doing... even now at 15 we don't have computers in the bedrooms... rule here is the laptop has to be on in the open.... call me crazy... no don't.... I won't pass the test today...yikes....nine might be a little young... and alot of it depends on the maturity of the child... I would have never let my DD... she could not have "followed the rules" DS has done just fine.... again though we keep the computer in sight even now when they are older so we can see what they are doing... might be a little overprotective but I don't think you can ever be too careful

Last edited by MAGGIED; 09-25-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #146
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is absolutely NO WAY I would ever let my 9 year old do that! I think we all need to be overprotective of our kids, especially online. You just never know!

Were those your kids by the computer in the pic on your website? They are so cute!!! It looks like your shop is a ton of fun. Very nice!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #147
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
First of all I'm not a mom, but I have spent the last 10 years working with children from ages 5-18 so here's how I would handle this..if I were to decide to let her post...still something to really think about.

I would take a couple of days and review the content of the site first! Make sure that there are others on the DIS teens site that she could have conversations with, see if there are other peers her age posting?? It is meant for teens so I would definitely keep that in mind and since you obviously do this (and good for you two thumbs up LOL) just be around when she gets on the site. In the end, its your judgment call and if you ever get uncomfortable with you can always say no more posting!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #148
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Jen.... are you in another planning period......lol..... my kids would have loved to have you for a teacher.... they both love science.... DS wants to be an emergency room doctor.... might have something to do with the fact that he visits it often... too many snowboarding-skateboarding-basketball injuries.... gotta love teenage boys....

Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #149
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
OK am I the only one who LOVES "ER"? I love this show and the last season starts tonight
I like ER too, just like Grey's Anatomy better. I am curious to see how they end ER this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
Good morning snowbirds!

Every day is one day closer to January!!! I can't stop looking up WDW info online! I must be stopped!

Survivor starts tonight and I'm so glad! When Big Brother ended I thought I'd go into reality show withdraw! Bring on the Amazing Race too!!! Can't wait!

Have a great day!
Oh, I love Amazing Race too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post

WELCOME to the Snowbirds!! What are your dates? We will be at CBR too. Love it!

Sorry about your Disney Store. Most of ours closed up in our area. I think there is one left clear on the south side of Pittsburgh, we live 45 minutes north of the city.

Quote:
I don't think I'd let me 9 year old do it. But maybe that's just me.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #150
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
I'm not sure if it would be appropriate at 9. I've checked out the teen boards (as I work with teenagers and try to keep up with that type of thing) and I think some of the material may be above a 9 year old level.

I didn't pay close enough attention to the poster who goes by the family rule of "laptop must be out in the open." I think that is a wonderful idea! Good for you!

Kids get tainted so easily these days. Even much more so than when I was a teenager 10 years ago. Cell phones & computers (myspace, facebook, ect) have brought this all into a whole new realm. Don't get me started..... this is my passion!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: