Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

What time is it? Summertime.....it's our vacation.....Day 5

Wednesday 20 August

Today we all got up for EMH, picking up our breakfast as we went. We started with Buzz today. You find with Buzz Lightyear that once is just never enough. If you have a poor score first time round, you just HAVE to go again to try and better it. If you happen to get a really great score, you think ‘this is it - I’ve finally got the knack of it’ and then you just HAVE to go again to try and better it. So we had three goes this morning, 2 on Space Mountain (no, not me of course) and then on Pinocchio.

(WARNING - bit of a spoiler for Stitch Live in this paragraph - skip it if you haven’t seen it yet) We went over to Studios where we all went on Flying Carpets and then into Stitch Live, for my son’s first experience of this. I was watching him and he was really laughing - especially when Stitch picked on Husband as “Crazy Smiling Murray from Planet England”. Of course, Stitch said he had seen him in Space Prison and that Murray had stolen Gantu’s space shuttle. Then he asked him if it was cold without any fur on his head. You could see all the other men in the audience having a good laugh and thinking “phew, glad it’s not me”

We had picked up FPs for TOT earlier and it was now time to go on. Another first for son - he was a bit apprehensive but didn’t want to show that in front of his “been there, done that” sister. He loved it, fortunately.

We went next for a bit of a pose

and onto to RnR Coaster before deciding it was time for our lunch break back at the Ranch, so we headed back through Disney Village towards HNY.

This is when we ate our French bread which came with the breakfast, spread with cheeses or hams that we bought from Auchan on Monday. We finished off with jam or chocolate spread, spread on the last bits. We also had some madelaines and apples and found this was quite enough to keep us going each day. After a bit if a rest and tuning into the Olympics for a while, we went for a swim.

We went back to the Park thinking we had plenty of time to get to the Chapparal Theatre to watch Tarzan. I stopped to take a picture of Main Street - certainly much busier than during EMH, but not as bad as it could be.

In Frontierland I wasn’t expecting to see such a queue for Tarzan and I was worried that we wouldn’t get in when I saw how far back it stretched. However the theatre holds loads of people so we got a seat, although it was to the right of the stage. I did see when they shut the doors that there were still some people outside and the CMs were turning them away. Anyway this show is superb and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. Yes, of course it helps that Tarzan is so incredibly fit, but it is an amazing show apart from that with all the athleticism on show.

After the show we walked towards the Silver Spur where we were booked in. Husband and Son stopped to discuss the working of BTM.

We had another great meal - reviewed on the Silver Spur thread.

We went onto POTC after this.

When we realised we would have the front seat of the boat we agreed to do a silly pose and then buy the ride photo. We all struck a Mr T****** pose - one of my son’s teachers who is known for doing a stroky-chin look. It is the first ride photo of all of us in t-shirts - when Son has been before it was always February and we were bundled up in coats and gloves.

We went to Indiana Jones next, then Snow White and Casey Jr. The men got to ride in the front seat in the dark and were really excited about this, as you can see. I really do enjoy that ride and can't help singing that song once we get off.

After this we split up - the other 3 went on BTM, but only once as the queue was up to 40 minutes, even though it was gone 10 o’clock by this time. I went for a shop in Discoveryland, because Buzz had too long a queue for me to be bothered with.

We met up near the train station in Main Street as Fantillusion was ending. We didn’t wait to see the fireworks, but drove back to the Ranch (singing What Time is it? - of course) and then had a couple of games of cards before bedtime.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

Glad you had a good day.

Judging by the stitch live comment, it would appear that the no fur comment is scripted and they pick on people with that in mind (the same comment was made when I saw the show last).

It also seems that they have a DIS seeking camera - I've seen a few reports of DISers being picked; far more than I would expect when the odds of getting picked are about 1 in 40!

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Lovely day again!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
hildasmuriel

OH NO! Just realised that POTC photo was taken on another night - I went by the date on the receipt which said it was paid for on the 20th, but the till date must be wrong - just noticed we're all wearing different clothes.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Another brilliant day.
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Sounds like another fab day!
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildasmuriel View Post
OH NO! Just realised that POTC photo was taken on another night - I went by the date on the receipt which said it was paid for on the 20th, but the till date must be wrong - just noticed we're all wearing different clothes.
Oh dear!!

Bob xoxoxoxox
Old 09-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

More please - I'm just loving all these trip reports !!
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

The troops loved it when I sat in the right seat and was crazy Reid from Scotland Mind you DP was just as relieved as that meant she didn't get picked

Love your POTC photo

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
The troops loved it when I sat in the right seat and was crazy Reid from Scotland Mind you DP was just as relieved as that meant she didn't get picked

Love your POTC photo
Just looked at your pictures Reid - it appears Crazy Reid from Scotland also had next to no fur on his head (at least at the front) (please don't give me an infraction, I'm just describing your pictures)

Caution : more spoilers in the white text below (highlight to read it).

I guess it's not so much sitting in the right place, as looking like you have no hair and presumably having a family to laugh at you

What this means (bringing my point back round to HildasMuriels TR) is that if you go again, there's probably a good chance of your other half being chosen again, because he fits the description of the type of person Stitch likes to pick out at that point of his show.

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:53 AM   #11
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

Another lovely day and I love your POTC picture even if it was taken on another day!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I meant to add - have you been standing your DD in a growbag????
She looks like she has grown sooooo tall since your last trippie !
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #13
hildasmuriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I meant to add - have you been standing your DD in a growbag????
She looks like she has grown sooooo tall since your last trippie !
She has shot up a bit. They don't bother check her when she goes on Indiana Jones now. But she was glad - she didn't want to start at her new school as a little squirt.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 AM   #14
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I love your POTC photo
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #15
Anne64
Mouseketeer

This one slipped me by when I was reading all your tr earlier today.

Luv the POTC picture

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: