Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #151
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalchicky View Post
It sounds like it is very hard to get through....I'm guessing alot of people get turned away?????

WDWLVR is absolutely correct----
We were on the Members Cruise 2008.
DH and I had several cell phones handy and a landline....if it was busy.... we kept calling until we got through. Make it fun!!!!!!
Good luck and lots of pixie dust
Take care.....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #152
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

To get everyone ready for call in day on Sunday - from the DVC website:

Booking the Cruise
For information about Reservation Points required to take next year's cruise, please see the
S.S. Member Cruise 2009 Reservation Points Chart.

Member Services will be booking reservations for this cruise event starting at 9:00am EST on Sunday, November 2, 2008. To book passage on the S.S. Member Cruise 2009, or for more information, call Member Services at (800) ******** or (407) 566-3800†.

To call toll-free from outside the U.S. or Canada, call your AT&T access number, and when prompted, enter city code 800 and local number ********. Visit
www.usa.att.com for your AT&T access number.

Because of heavy call volume associated with S.S. Member Cruise 2009 bookings; your wait time to speak with a Member Services Cast Member may be longer than is customary. We expect this to be a popular Member offering, and apologize in advance for any delay in speaking with you. We recommend having at least two alternate stateroom category choices when calling for reservations, as categories may sell out before your call is answered.

If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Before You Call Member Services
Please have the following information ready when you call:
  • Membership ID Number
  • First, second, and third stateroom category choices — categories sell out quickly for this event
  • Preferred dining time — early (6:00 pm) or late (8:30 pm) seating (Please note that seating times cannot be guaranteed.)
  • Special dietary needs
  • Special medical needs
  • Castaway Club Number (provided to repeat cruisers by Disney Cruise Line®)

For each person sailing on the S.S. Member Cruise 2009, please have the following information ready when you call:
  • Legal name and spelling as it appears in print on birth certificate or passport
  • Home address
  • Home telephone number
  • Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
  • Citizenship/Nationality

Please note the following important booking information about the S.S. Member Cruise 2009:
  • There is a three stateroom limit per Membership.
  • Disney Vacation Club will waive the initial transaction fee associated with booking your Disney Cruise Line reservation for the S.S. Member Cruise 2009.
  • A non-refundable transaction fee will apply to all modifications associated with an S.S. Member Cruise 2009 reservation.
  • Disney Vacation Club will accept the following forms of payment for Members not using Vacation Points to book the cruise: Visa® Card, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover or check received by overnight mail. If paying by credit card, please have the credit card number, expiration date and the name that appears on the card available for full payment at the time of booking.
  • Member Services will only accept reservations for S.S. Member Cruise 2009 by phone beginning Sunday, November 2, 2008, starting at 9:00am EST. Booking requests will not be accepted by fax or email.
  • Due to safety concerns, Disney Cruise Line policy prohibits expectant mothers who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy as of September 13, 2009, to travel on the S.S. Member Cruise 2009. Neither a physician's medical statement nor a waiver of liability will be accepted. Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club cannot be held responsible or liable for any complications relating to pregnancy at any stage.
  • Disney Cruise Line policy prohibits infants under 12 weeks old on September 13, 2009, to travel on the S.S. Member Cruise 2009.

Note the 800 is **** out as this is a public forum. You can however find the number on the back of your membership card or on the DVC Member site.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #153
KarenNY
Chat Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWMEMBER View Post
Is the chat room going to be open Sunday morning? Good luck to everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Karen put a request in with admin but I don't know if she has heard back yet. If there is we'll announce it in the thread. If there isn't we'll just chat here on the thread.
Unfortunately, I haven't received a reply from Alex or Admin yet.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:55 PM   #154
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenNY View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't received a reply from Alex or Admin yet.
Well we'll just have to keep posting here and keep everyone informed. The bottom line is we'll still be supporting each other!

Thanks for trying Karen!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #155
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

New to DVC

I am new to DVC. I have not even had my first visit "Home" (we go in Feb). But, DH and I have also talked about going on another Disney cruise. We have not been on one since our honeymoon 6 years ago. The members cruise seems like a good cruise to get reacquainted with Disney cruises. We are planning one for 2012 with some friends but it 2012 is soooo far away. I think we will be dialing in on Nov. 2.

Has anyone taken a toddler on this cruise? Our DS will be 2 1/2 by September 2009.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 PM   #156
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

I just wanted to wish everyone luck on Sunday with their dialing!! I won't be traveling next year, too much going on and definatly no cash now. My 1998 vehicle died and I bought a new car today - well new to me - a 2005 Equinox

So needless to say daily transportation trumps cruise - ha ha ha.

Good luck everyone!!!

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 11-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #157
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Good morning everyone -happy Saturday!

One more day until call in day!

Good luck to everyone calling in!

For those of you who have decided not to wishing you all the best. Everyone has to do what is right for their familiy.

BigDog - sorry I can't answer your question on toddlers as we don't have any children. I do know that on the DIS group in 2005 and 2006 there were a couple of families that had toddlers. About the only thing I can tell you is that the speakers/entertainment is geared more towards adults. The plus for the children is that there are less children on board so the club/pool/beach are all less crowded than on a regular cruise. Hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #158
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Best of luck to all of you calling tomorrow! I can officially say you won't regret going - it was a blast!!! Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed tonight, so you're not calling for an hour needlessly. I'll check in tomorrow to see how you're all doing with it!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #159
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Well, I already have my passport and Castaway Club card sitting by the computer so that I have them when I call tomorrow.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #160
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Morning Everyone!

Tomorrow is the day! I am getting so excited.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

flo
Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #161
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Good morning everyone -happy Saturday!

BigDog - sorry I can't answer your question on toddlers as we don't have any children. I do know that on the DIS group in 2005 and 2006 there were a couple of families that had toddlers. About the only thing I can tell you is that the speakers/entertainment is geared more towards adults. The plus for the children is that there are less children on board so the club/pool/beach are all less crowded than on a regular cruise. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. Our DS loves the water so I think we will have a good time. Hopefully we will be able to get through before we have to leave for church.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #162
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
I just wanted to wish everyone luck on Sunday with their dialing!! I won't be traveling next year, too much going on and definatly no cash now. My 1998 vehicle died and I bought a new car today - well new to me - a 2005 Equinox

So needless to say daily transportation trumps cruise - ha ha ha.

Good luck everyone!!!
We also want to wish everyone good luck tomorrow on booking their first choice of staterooms for the 2009 Member Cruise! We won't be able to join in either as we are saving up for the 2010 Baltic Cruise. If not for that, we definitely would be joining you all! We love the Member Cruise and you will have a wonderful time I am sure.

So get a good rest tonite, set up your work station for the morning dial in and have your java ready!
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #163
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Got an answer from DVC today. This is were you could use your points once they are converted to Reservation Points. I just wanted to make sure I knew what happened if I had to cancel.

flo

Reservation Points may be used at the following Disney Collection
locations:

DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN Resort and Spa
DISNEY'S POLYNESIAN Resort
**DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY Resort
**Reservations must be confirmed no later than March 14, 2009 for stays
no later than December 31, 2009. After March 14, 2009 we will no longer
be accepting reservations for DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY Resort as the BAY
LAKE TOWER AT DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY Resort (A Disney Vacation Club
Resort) will be opening Fall 2009.
DISNEY'S YACHT CLUB Resort
DISNEY'S FORT WILDERNESS Resort and Campground (Campsites included)
DISNEY'S CARIBBEAN BEACH Resort
DISNEY'S CORONADO SPRINGS Resort
DISNEY'S PORT ORLEANS Resort-Riverside
DISNEY'S PORT ORLEANS Resort-French Quarter
Old 11-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #164
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

Opinions Wanted

We have stayed in both category 7 & 8 on prior Disney cruises but are wondering what categories 5 & 6 are like and whether it is worth it to move up to this level. I have read some of the stateroom reports but there aren't a lot with detail. Any thoughts? Annmarie
Old 11-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #165
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVOwner2002 View Post
We have stayed in both category 7 & 8 on prior Disney cruises but are wondering what categories 5 & 6 are like and whether it is worth it to move up to this level. I have read some of the stateroom reports but there aren't a lot with detail. Any thoughts? Annmarie
Three words - ON THE SHIP! It doesn't matter where - just get on it.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: