Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
ChiTownZee
From now on~I'm going to see the Magic in everything!
I'm in a baking mood

03/08/09 4-night Disney Wonder!!!!

I just booked! Yay!

Our crew is me....
Lisa, mom and disney freak (35)
Megan, first daughter and biggest disney freak in the world (11)
and Rachel second daughter and disney freak in training (4)

We have a "secret verandah" room and booked through DU.

I can't believe it! Anyone else going? I didn't want to book then, because I'm hoping for cheaper and a FL resident rate, but I'm going back to school and it's my spring break so we're just doing the 4 day instead of the 7. I can't wait!!! I remember the day I heard that Disney was going to have the cruise line, I was pregnant with my oldest and driving home from work. And I've been planning ever since, including drinking out of a DCL mug I bought from ebay for the last 8 years! (it still looks pretty good LOL)

Here's to Disney dreams come true and a great cruise!

ChiTownZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
ChiTownZee
I'm in a baking mood

Just looking for more cruisers!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

We are going! There will be me, DH and my twin DDs (will be 15 at the time we sail). This will be our 9th Disney Cruise, but their first time in the Teen Area, so I am hoping there will be other DIS teens going with them.

It seems SO far away right now though! We can't wait! I even have our airfare booked already. Just need to pick our resort for the WDW part of our trip.

DJ
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
ChiTownZee
I'm in a baking mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjones View Post
We are going!.......
Yay!!! It is a long way away, but we broke under 300 days yesterday (dd and I cheered!) today we're 298 days! It's nice to meet you, I'm glad someone else from the dis will be on board with us, I'm sure by sailing we'll know of some more!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
westjones

In the past it seems like the cruise meets for the shorter cruises don't get as active as the 7 night cruises until it gets closer to the time of departure. At least in the past that is what I have found.

I'm sure a lot of other families will join us. Last time, there seemed to be a lot of people on spring break from Texas because they had an early spring break also (like our school).

DJ
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
westjones

Gee, you would think with the new $99 bounce back offer we would get more families joining us! Did you call and get them to add the code to your reservation? I probably won't be able to use it, but I wanted the option just in case.

Maybe after the holidays we will have some more families join our thread! I'm starting to get excited.

BTW, if you are going to WDW the day we get off the cruise, they are having a Pirate & Princess Party that night at MK. We did this last year and it was great.

DJ
Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #7
disneydawgs4
Mouseketeer

We're on Board!!!!

Well, we just returned from our first DCL last week and I already booked our next one for this week!! We are going to be bringing along our kids this time for their first time and they don't know it yet!!!
It has been so hard not to tell them but we are going to make up some sort of game for them at Christmas that leads them to the final gift of the cruise tickets!! I am so excited! We are going to be doing the bounceback, how could we pass that up?!?! Anyway, just wanted to say hello to our future cruisers and start counting down the months and weeks and eventually days!! Have a great day you guys and look forward to chatting with ya in the future!
disneydawgs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
westjones

Welcome onboard! How old our your kids?

No matter what their age, they will have a great time. This will be my kids first time in the teen club so that is exciting for them.

DJ
Old 11-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
disneydawgs4
Mouseketeer

WestJones....

....We have a 13 year old dd and 4 year old ds. I was asking my dd the other day if she ever got to go on a Disney cruise, would she go to the teen club and she said probably not!!! She said she would want a friend with her b/c she would be scared about meeting new people. I do understand her thoughts but I hope she changes her mind once we get there. Anyway, we are looking forward to the trip regardless!
disneydawgs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Pirate Event

We haven't booked it yet, but wanted to pass along that their is a unique Pirate Event going on during this cruise. Here is a link for some info.

Legend Lives On

ScottakaMickey
ScottakaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
westjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottakaMickey View Post
We haven't booked it yet, but wanted to pass along that their is a unique Pirate Event going on during this cruise. Here is a link for some info.

Legend Lives On
Hey, this is cool! Thanks for letting us know.

It sounds like there is a special 'package' that cost quite a bit extra for the special events, but hopefully the rest of us get to see some extra 'pirate' stuff too.
DJ
Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
westjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydawgs4 View Post
....We have a 13 year old dd and 4 year old ds. I was asking my dd the other day if she ever got to go on a Disney cruise, would she go to the teen club and she said probably not!!! She said she would want a friend with her b/c she would be scared about meeting new people. I do understand her thoughts but I hope she changes her mind once we get there. Anyway, we are looking forward to the trip regardless!
Just wanted to say (very late--I haven't looked at this thread in a while), that two years ago when my twins were 13, I put them in the Lab (even though they could have went to the teen area). I was more comfortable with that myself because I didn't think they were ready to hang out with 16 and 17 (and even 18) year olds.

To be honest, I am really glad I did that. This time, they are 15 1/2, and I am ready to let them go (well I have no choice ). But really, there is a BIG difference in maturity from 2 years ago.

That is something you will have to decide for yourself, but just so you know, when you go to the cruise, if you want to put her in the Lab instead just go to the Kids registration area and sign her up. Since it is her first cruise, the activities there will be new for her.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
SeeDisney
I drove by my WAWA
Is Erika ignoring Boogie?
I'll take Sigmund the Sea Monsters any day

HI, I've just discovered this particular thread. I was hoping to see a lot more kids coming on this cruise.

Anyone planning on fish extenders?

Jan. 05 -- Poly.
March 09 -- 7 days at SOG; First Family Wonder Cruise

SeeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
SeeDisney
I drove by my WAWA
Is Erika ignoring Boogie?
I'll take Sigmund the Sea Monsters any day

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that I checked out the Pirate Legend Lives ON and it's a ridiculous amount of $250 per person to participate. We'll skip it.

Jan. 05 -- Poly.
March 09 -- 7 days at SOG; First Family Wonder Cruise

SeeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
westjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeDisney View Post
Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that I checked out the Pirate Legend Lives ON and it's a ridiculous amount of $250 per person to participate. We'll skip it.
Oh we aren't going to pay the extra either, but I thought it would be neat to perhaps see some celebrities onboard (they will be there walking around at some point). We won't be going to the special activities though.

What did you mean by planning Fish Extenders?

DJ

Oh, I just noticed this is your first cruise. You will love it! It is our 9th (and our last--it is getting too expensive for us to keep up our addiction). If you have any questions, I can try to answer them, or you will get even better answers out on the regular cruise discussion board. Be ready for the best vacation ever!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: