Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

What time is it? Summertime.....it's our vacation.....Day 4

Tuesday 19 August

Son decided before we went to bed the night before that he would not be getting up for EMH on Tuesday. He said he would be quite happy to have along lie-in then sit around, watching the Olympics on Eurosport until we got back at lunchtime.

The rest of us were up and out early, grabbing our breakfast on the way.

Our first ride today was Peter Pan, twice, then Pinocchio then Buzz twice then Space Mountain. Yay - 6 rides on some of our favourites in less than an hour and a half.

Another difference I had noticed about this trip was how glorious the flower beds looked in the middle of summer. there was a riot of colour all around.

After the obligatory photo of the castle in the sun.....

We decided to go over to the Studios for rope drop, so got in there about 9.45. It was open, although only Flying Carpets was actually running that early. We were a bit disappointed to find that they were not trialling the Fastpass for Crush that we had been told they were. We were hoping to pick up Fps for the afternoon when Son would be with us. He has never been on Crush.

Still it’s hard to be down for long at DLRP. We went over to RnRC instead, which was just opening up for business. After Dtr and Husband rode this we went to queue for the first English Stitch Live of the day. This was Husband’s first time and he thought it v. funny. We decided we would come back the following day when Son was with us as it would appeal to his sense of humour. We all queued next for TOT, although I didn’t ride, of course. It was approaching mid-day, so we decided to head back to the Ranch for our break and see what Son was up to.

He was still in his Pjs watching Olympics. We had lunch and a rest and then went down to the 'villagey' bit of the Ranch to have a look at the animals and then go for a swim.

The pool was quiet once again and we were able to have fun shooting balls (or attempting to!) through the basketball hoop over the pool.

We went back to our cabin eventually and got ready for a return to the Studio. We decided to bite the bullet and queue for Crush, even though the wait posted was 70 minutes. It had to be done though - or Son would never experience it. Luckily it was only 45 minutes before they were grabbing shell, dude and Son said it was well worth the wait. We decided to head to Annette’s for our dinner next and had a fantastic meal (review written on the right thread).

The rain poured down whilst we were in there, but fortunately stopped before we left. We were hoping the Park may have emptied out, but it seem people are hardier than we thought and it was still quite busy in there. There was still plenty of time to do lots of rides, though. We went on POTC, Indiana Jones, IASW and then Casey Jr. It was getting dark early because it was still quite cloudy, so Casey Jr had his headlight on and it was quite exciting riding on it.
We went over to Frontierland to change the time of our meal the following night, as we wanted to see Tarzan first, then went on Phantom Manor. It was time for us to split up - the other 3 went off to ride BTM several times in the dark, while I crossed over a very crowded Central Plaza to get to Discoveryland and ride on Buzz. I also managed to get a bit of shopping done as well.
We met up and left just as Fantillusion was coming to an end. As we got back to Hotel New York car park the fireworks were just starting - are they loud??? We got back to the Ranch and played a few hands of 7 of Diamonds before going to bed. This is a bit of a ritual on our ‘other’ holiday to Cornwall - always have a game of cards before bed, so it was nice to bring an old tradition to Disney. Heads on pillows ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ after another great day.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Lovely day! Glad to hear your son said Crush was worth the wait! We really want to try it next trip!!

Bob xoxoxox
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Lovely!!! Your littlle girl is so cute!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
ema74
Addicted to everything with Ears

Great! More please

No trips in planning

June 2006 - Sequoia Lodge, December 2006 - Newport Bay Club, July 2007 - Cheyenne
, April 2008- Sequoia Lodge
December 2008 - Sequoia Lodge July 2009 -Cheyenne
ema74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Missed this excellent report earlier

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 AM   #6
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

A lovely day and the pool at the Ranch always looks very inviting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildasmuriel View Post
The rain poured down whilst we were in there, but fortunately stopped before we left.
We were on our way to the airport when it started to rain ........ I'm selfishly glad it held off until then.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 AM   #7
Anne64
Mouseketeer

Still reading

Your ds sounds like my ds and dd - teenagers, don't you love them

Am off to do some work now but will be back later to finish reading your fab report.

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne64 View Post
teenagers, don't you love them
Hmmmmmmm............... I suppose so.