Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

Princess of Progress...It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow TR 8/31-9/6

After being on the DISboards for a couple months now-I feel I am ready to attempt a PTR.
In roughly 17 days give or take a few hours now, we'll be headed to WDW. 7 nights @ The Polynesian with park hopper and deluxe dining.

Family

Mom (me) Jen: 36 soon to be 37. This will be only my second trip to the world. I am a SAHM for my DD4 now, but I used to be a teacher. I love to travel and get very obsessed with the planning. Right now I am taping and watching everything on the travel channels about Disney. I'm playing the songs from the movies in the car and quizzing DD4. And I am on DISbords anytime I get a chance to be on the computer My favorite Disney Princess is Snow White and so is DD's. My favorite disney movies; Enchanted, Nemo, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King. My favorite character is the EVIL QUEEN. I love her! I'm so psyched I'll get to meet her at MNSSHP.

Dad, Keith: 39 soon to be the BIG 40. He's had more trips to the world than I have I think he said 3 before he took me on our honeymoon
DH works as a CFO here in NY. Not nearly obsessed as me, but very understanding of my obsessing. DH's favorite animated movie is Nemo, non-animated is Remember the Titans. He also loves Figment from Epcot and the Muppets.

DD4, Lindsey: Just turned four on June 14. I still can't believe it. She is our treasure and our pretty little princess. She and I have been very busy this summer going to a summer camp at her school, friend's houses, pools, parties and all that summer is about. She LOVES the princesses, HSM 1, 2, and probably 3, Camp Rock, Alice, Peter Pan, Enchanted, Nemo, just about everything I've shown her. Her first favorite around age 2 was Snow White-which was strange for a 2 year old, but she loved it.

Disney Memories

I went on my first Disney trip on my honeymoon with DH back in 2000. I felt the magic that very first night with my first character dinner at LTT followed by Spectromagic and the fireworks. I really wanted to relive that specific night with DD and sure enough I made our first ADR at LTT on our first night which just happens to be a Spectromagic night. YAY

We were just there for 4 days because we split our trip to the world with the Disney Cruise. Not worth it for me at the time. I rather we had stayed in WDW for the 7 days instead. Because of that we didn't get to the Animal Kingdom during our trip.

We stayed at the Poly that time too. Our favorite place to eat was the Kona Cafe. I had french toast (not the filled), and grapefruit every morning. Now that I am a coffee addict I'm looking forward to being there even more.

Nothing beats seeing that castle and this time I will cry because of it being DD's first time. My parents couldn't afford to take me as I was growing up so being able to take her is just perfect for me.

DH and I had a wonderful time, but I know it will be NOTHING like it will be going with DD.
Our Wedding pic-I don't have any of our honeymoon scanned-pre digital age-LOL
I actually remember losing a roll of film of pics I took in Epcot. I was devastated.

September 2008

Just 2 years shy of our 10 year anniversary we're headed back during YOAMD. My mother and father in-law gave us this trip last Christmas. We were very surprised and hadn't really put much thought into the idea yet because of money and I was planning to do a big trip for our 10th.

So I jump right into reading the guides and learning about the attractions for DD and when, where and how to make ADRs. The excitement went on the back burner once we decided we wouldn't be going until September I couldn't do too much until 180 days.

Somewhere along the line I said to my MIL how I wish she could be there to see Lindsey meet Cinderella at the castle. And 1, 2, 3 she had her trip planned-she's so great that way. They'll be spending 3 days with us at Disney.

Okay...I have to take a break now, but first a few pictures:
Our countdown calendar

My Snow White 2 years ago

A great Snow White pic

Now I'm on Facebook

Last edited by Mom2Lindsey; 08-14-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

Itinerary

After some help on the DIS I fine-tuned my plans. I like it so far-

Itinerary

August 31st Magic Kingdom (evening extra magic hours)
1st character dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern 7:15pm
Catch the Wishes fireworks show (10pm) Spectromagic Parade @ 9pm

September 1st Animal Kingdom
Grab Kilimanjaro Safari (Fast Pass)
Linger in the Oasis exhibits upon entering then we’ll head to the left for Camp Mickey-Minnie,
Lunch at the Rainforest Café @ 1:15pm (or counter service if we're on a roll and don't want to take a break)
Festival of the Lion King show, & Pocahontas and her animal friends. Whatever we can get to.
Stop by the tree of Life, Boneyard playground,
(optional) Finding Nemo the musical, Kali River Rapids, Jungle Trek,

Dinner is back at the Poly at 7:05pm in O’Hana. Then off to the pool for the fireworks and a relaxing swim to put Lindsey to sleep.

September 2nd Epcot (Morning EMH)
Rope drop day....
Get FP for Soarin' or do Soarin' first.
Explore the seas with Nemo and Friends, Talk with Crush the Turtle. (The order these are in is not necessarily the order we'll do them in)
Then head over to Imagination with Figment and ImageWorks. Circle of Life movie in the land, Test Track, and Spaceship Earth.
Counter service lunch or snacks as we're walking around.

Then onto the world showcase and Mexico’s boat ride. I want to visit at least Japan, China, America, and France. The silliest thing I want to do is take Lindsey's picture in Japan with her Mulan dress on Who knows if that will happen? Stamps in her passport? (will she even care about that-probably not)
Dinner at Akershus in Norway with the princesses 6:35pm after dinner find a good spot for Illuminations show at night.

September 3rd Magic Kingdom
BBBoutique @ 8:30am in the castle then head to Fantasyland and get fast passes for the popular rides (or maybe grandpa and daddy can do that while we're at the boutique) I think this day will be devoted to Fantasyland and we'll be lucky to get to anything else.

Lunch @ the castle 2:25pm…

Possibly Toontown Fair to meet mickey in the judges tent, explore toontown, before dinner.
Dinner is at the crystal palace in M/K @8pm and we can see the parade and fireworks from the park that night.

September 4th Hollywood Studios
Get here at rope drop...
Breakfast @ Hollywood and Vine 9:05am

I have no idea how the shows will work out if I can do them all or not, but these are the ones I want to do:

High School Musical 2 show
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (FastPass)
Muppet Vision 3-D

Counter Service Lunch or snacks in the park

Great Movie Ride
Studio Backlot Tours
Movie Set Adventure
Star Wars Star Tours Ride ( Fast Pass)

Back to the Poly to enjoy the pools and get ready for dinner @ the Contemporary Resort (on the Monorail) leave at 6:55 for our 7:40pm reservation at Chef Mickey’s.

September 5th Magic Kingdom
Rope Drop....
Begin the day in Adventureland

Take a break on the Monorail at 12:30 for Lindsey’s Tea Party with Alice at the Grand Floridian 1:30.

Come back to the Poly to pack, and rest before we head back to MK for the MNSSHP. Head back around 4pm?? Hopefully we can do some of Tommorrowland that night as well as the Halloween party.

Now I'm on Facebook
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
jojo05
Boy, why are you crying? <3

we're heading WDW soon too.
i see you're very excited!!!
i love the countdown calender. great idea!
Never- Never Land

Offsite- 1992, All Star Movies-2006, Port Orleans-2007, All star Music-2008,All Star Movies-2011
Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

Some layouts and notes for my Lindsey

I made these based on some ideas I got here. I'm going to pack them in between to pieces of foam board that I'm bringing to decorate the room anyway. Each day i'm going to lay a new one like it was slipped under the door at night. I hope she really thinks Mickey sent them.

Now I'm on Facebook
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Sounds awesome!!! We will be there at the same time, but our iteneraries are completely opposite!

Here is what I mean....
We arrive on Aug. 31st and have my birthday dinner at Chef Mickeys
Sept 1 Hollywood Studios
Sept 2 Magic Kingdom
Sept 3 Epcot
Sept 4 Animal Kingdom
Sept 5 leave for home

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

Thanks ShhhQ & jojo05 for replying. I was getting lonely. Glad to see you'll be there at the same time. I hope to bump into some DISers

Now I'm on Facebook
Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Just saw your PTR and thought I would subscribe. I love the letters for your daughter and the countdown calendar. Amazing!

Sounds like you have a great week planned!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
lake721
Mommy2JuneLover

I absolutely LOVE your letters from Mickey! What a fabulous idea......and they are beautiful! What a special thing for her keep forever. I am a SAHM and a former teacher too! DD is 2.5 and we'll be headed to the World on Sept. 24th for her first visit (and DH's)! Grandparents are going with us too......they couldn't miss out on seeing her face when she sees the castle. We'll be staying at the AKL SV and are on the DDP. We picked just about all the same restaurants. Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, Ohana, H & V Little Einsteins, Donalds Safari, CRT, LTT, Akerhus! We will be dining with the characters a lot!

Suscribing to you PTR.....looking forward to your TR.

Have a blast!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Hi!!! Im joining in on the fun... ur letters to your dd are so adorable. How did you make them up? I love the lettering for the lion king... its so great...

We took our son for his first trip in may, he was only 15 months then but he loved it so much. Hershey park will be a thing of the past once ur DD steps foot into the magic.

Cant wait to read more... Looking forward to reading ur tr too!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

Thanks

I'm so glad you've all liked my posts. I'm really excited about the letters to my dd. I saw some similar ideas and poems on the DIS and I borrowed some and came up with my own personal touches. Feel free to borrow the wording yourselves.

I'm still getting things together around here. I HAVE to do something Disney oriented every day just to satisfy my excitement.

What was Disney today...?

I received my documents from AAA today!!!!!!!!!
I received an evil queen porcelain figure today that I ordered on ebay

I made my personalized t-shirts for everyone on our trip.
I bought Camp Rock for DD
And I'm watching a Snow White non-animated Hallmark movie from 2000 based on the grimm's story.

Very exciting day for me

Now I'm on Facebook
Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

The documents....

A pillowcase I made for DD to use on our trip-rumblytumbly DISign

The T-shirts with Lisa's DISign

My Evil Queen homage

Now I'm on Facebook

Last edited by Mom2Lindsey; 08-20-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
Mom2Lindsey
Mouseketeer

Almost exactly opposite-You have a great time too-and happy birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
Sounds awesome!!! We will be there at the same time, but our iteneraries are completely opposite!

Here is what I mean....
We arrive on Aug. 31st and have my birthday dinner at Chef Mickeys
Sept 1 Hollywood Studios
Sept 2 Magic Kingdom
Sept 3 Epcot
Sept 4 Animal Kingdom
Sept 5 leave for home

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Now I'm on Facebook
Old 08-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #13
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lindsey View Post
Almost exactly opposite-You have a great time too-and happy birthday
Thank you!!! Gonna be 37 but since spending it at the happiest place on earth.... I feel more like a kid again!

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #14
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Documents! Love getting the documents!

Love the pillowcase. That is a wonderful idea. And the t-shirts. Wonder if my DH would wear those?

I am now trying to be a SAHM for the first time, DS is almost 10. Partly so I feel like I have more time to do stuff like that. First I have to get the unpacking finished. It never ends.

I feel the same way, need to do something Disney each day. Thank goodness for the "Dis"!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 08-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lindsey View Post
The documents....

A pillowcase I made for DD to use on our trip-rumblytumbly DISign

The T-shirts with Lisa's DISign

My Evil Queen homage

Awesome on the pillowcase, t-shirts and even the Evil Queen...
But I am curious about the documents....

See I am not using magical express... so some of that is for that I am assuming?

We only got the luggage tags and the vouchers.... what is the rest?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: