Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #76
Lars624
Riddle Goddess
LOVES Cookie Monster
Those aren't typos, I'm bilingual.....
In all truth I'm quite DIS-organized

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardfamily1 View Post
Sadly, that one closed too.

The one at Great Lakes crossing is about twice the size of the normal mall Disney store and they always have a large clearance section too. It's listed as a Disney Outlet mall in the directory but I don't see anything 'outlet' about it. They have all the current stuff that is at other Disney stores and their sign on the store just says "THE DISNEY STORE"

That and Rainforest Cafe are the highlight of our GLC trips.
I'd be up for GLC instead......or even for Southland....I'm not too picky
Old 09-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #77
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh_disney_queen View Post
I remember Lou Gordon (I wasn't interested in what he was saying, though), Rita Bell's Prize Movie, Sir Graves ghastley, and The Ghoul.

Sanders Hot Fudge is the most wonderful food in the entire world, and I just found a jar in the back of my pantry!!

DH graduated from Catholic Central in 1972 and MSU in 1976.. I graduated from Trenton High School in 1976 and UMD in 1983.

Also visited the Rotunda Christmas decorations until it burned. Then there were some animatronic decorations at a band shell in Lincoln Park that we started going to . Hudson's 7th floor was the best at Christmas.
they still sell sanders hot fudge...
and vernors.....i don't think i've ever met someone not from michigan who can stand the stuff....my dad never drank anything else...

you're right i think - the rotunda burned down..

sir graves just barely is ringing a small chime in my head...

as for lou gordon - he always seemed angry about everything....not sure about what..
i think my parents must have watched it, as it certainly wasn't me - but i do remember it being on...

your husband is a year older than i am (thank god somebody is)...
i graduated from kingswood (cranbrook) in 73...

by the way, whenever we had visitors, relatives or my father's business associates, we would always go to see the ford factory - which at that time meant both the steel and assembly plants - i remember how very hot the steel factory was.....i don't remember when it was that it was shut down...but the assembly plant continued on for a long time..
is it still open for visitors?...it was near greenfield village...

Last edited by disneyholic family; 09-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #78
#1hockeymom
Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

Quote:
Remember Bill Kennedy "at the movies" I remember when I was 4 I had to go take a nap while mom watched Bill Kennedy.

Also the 4:00 movie. I remember watching Roots on the 4:00 movie, I was too young to stay up late and watch it when it was on prime time.
I remember running home from school for the four o'clock movie for monster week!
Bill Kennedy and Rita Bell... it meant I was home in bed eating cinnamon toast and vernors, becuase we all know that is the only way to get better!

He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
#1hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #79
#1hockeymom
Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

Quote:
Sadly, that one closed too.

The one at Great Lakes crossing is about twice the size of the normal mall Disney store and they always have a large clearance section too. It's listed as a Disney Outlet mall in the directory but I don't see anything 'outlet' about it. They have all the current stuff that is at other Disney stores and their sign on the store just says "THE DISNEY STORE"

That and Rainforest Cafe are the highlight of our GLC trips.
I'm up for GLC! Its my closest mall!

He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
#1hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #80
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

i love GLC...i freaked out when i was there in june and saw the disney store....it replaced the jockey store....now i have no place to stock up for DH and DS when i'm visiting detroit....

disney's nice, but i need my jockey store...
Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #81
wardfamily1

What in the heck does this mean?The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper situation. I'm sure I'd manage just fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1hockeymom View Post
I remember running home from school for the four o'clock movie for monster week!
Bill Kennedy and Rita Bell... it meant I was home in bed eating cinnamon toast and vernors, becuase we all know that is the only way to get better!

OMG! To this day I can't drink vernors because any time I was sick when I was a kid my parents forced me to drink warm vernors. (what in the heck was wrong with people back then? )
Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #82
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
OMG! To this day I can't drink vernors because any time I was sick when I was a kid my parents forced me to drink warm vernors. (what in the heck was wrong with people back then? )
yup - same here - warm vernors...totally strange...
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #83
wardfamily1

What in the heck does this mean?The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper situation. I'm sure I'd manage just fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh_disney_queen View Post
I remember Lou Gordon (I wasn't interested in what he was saying, though), Rita Bell's Prize Movie, Sir Graves ghastley, and The Ghoul.

Sanders Hot Fudge is the most wonderful food in the entire world, and I just found a jar in the back of my pantry!!

DH graduated from Catholic Central in 1972 and MSU in 1976.. I graduated from Trenton High School in 1976 and UMD in 1983.

Also visited the Rotunda Christmas decorations until it burned. Then there were some animatronic decorations at a band shell in Lincoln Park that we started going to . Hudson's 7th floor was the best at Christmas.
Sir Graves and the Ghoul. That song from Sir Graves during the birthday announcements "You've past your prime, getting grumpy and old..."

FYI, I don't know how many Sanders stores are still around, but there is still one at Macomb Mall connected to the Sears. The last time we went there though it had just closed. I wanted to get DD a hot fudge cream puff just like I used to get when I was a kid. We used to go to the Sanders store in Lincoln Park back then - the one in the strip mall that was connected to Sears. Does anyone know if that one still exists? I haven't been over there in 20 years.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #84
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
they still sell sanders hot fudge...
and vernors.....i don't think i've ever met someone not from michigan who can stand the stuff....my dad never drank anything else...

you're right i think - the rotunda burned down..

sir graves just barely is ringing a small chime in my head...

as for lou gordon - he always seemed angry about everything....not sure about what..
i think my parents must have watched it, as it certainly wasn't me - but i do remember it being on...

your husband is a year older than i am (thank god somebody is)...
i graduated from kingswood (cranbrook) in 73...

by the way, whenever we had visitors, relatives or my father's business associates, we would always go to see the ford factory - which at that time meant both the steel and assembly plants - i remember how very hot the steel factory was.....i don't remember when it was that it was shut down...but the assembly plant continued on for a long time..
is it still open for visitors?...it was near greenfield village...

Yes, I remember Lou Gordon being angry a lot..

OK, remember John Kelly and Marilynn Turner? When she was the weather girl for channel 4, she used to **gasp** every time she took a breath, you thought she was going to pass out...

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #85
hrh_disney_queen
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Quote:
Sir Graves and the Ghoul. That song from Sir Graves during the birthday announcements "You've past your prime, getting grumpy and old..."

FYI, I don't know how many Sanders stores are still around, but there is still one at Macomb Mall connected to the Sears. The last time we went there though it had just closed. I wanted to get DD a hot fudge cream puff just like I used to get when I was a kid. We used to go to the Sanders store in Lincoln Park back then - the one in the strip mall that was connected to Sears. Does anyone know if that one still exists? I haven't been over there in 20 years.
I remember that strip mall with Sears..you would walk in the door and the smell of roasted cashews would just about knock you over. I thought I was "up town" if I got to buy something at Winkelman's...

I have been told on another thread that the Sander's store on Outer Drive and Michigan Avenue in Dearborn was still open. I get my jars in a care package or for Christmas from my DILs every year. I think they got it from Krogers. Sander's also has a website if you really need it.

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #86
mouseclick1
DIS Veteran

I don't know if any Sanders still exist, but I got my first job at the Sanders at Eastland Mall. I worked there during my senior year in high school, as well as my freshman year of college while I went to Wayne State. It was a blast working there - we ate so much it's ridiculous!
mouseclick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #87
Lars624
Riddle Goddess
LOVES Cookie Monster
Those aren't typos, I'm bilingual.....
In all truth I'm quite DIS-organized

I worked at the Sander's at Wonderland Mall in Livonia for a short time when I was about 19 or 20....now Wonderland doesn't even exist anymore.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #88
Pinnie
Working a Dream Job
DVC Member: Beach Club Villas
"Shut up, smile and wear beige"

There is still a Saunders at Laurel Place Mall in Livonia.

pinnie
Old 09-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #89
hrh_disney_queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseclick1 View Post
I don't know if any Sanders still exist, but I got my first job at the Sanders at Eastland Mall. I worked there during my senior year in high school, as well as my freshman year of college while I went to Wayne State. It was a blast working there - we ate so much it's ridiculous!
DH went to WS, too. Around 1976-1978, I think. While going to school, he worked at Mt. Carmel as a janitor, and the ladies that he worked with used to love to feed him "soul food"-raccoon, possum, ick, ick, ick..he would eat anything and they would just laugh at him...

I have been to the Sander's in Southland Mall, don't know if it's still there or not..

Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #90
MeghansMommy
DIS Veteran

Kind of off topic, but do any of you listen to Dick Purtan? Does Coleman Young still call in? (Obviously an actor since the real Coleman Young is dead, but oh, how funny those calls were).

We don't get WOMC up here.

Snowed by #1hockeymom and mfd25wife Shiny Balled by #1hockeymom
Randy laid there like a slug. It was his only defense.
MeghansMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: