Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #826
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
I'd like to pick your brains: Dh and I are talking about taking off for a vist to Greenfield village/ Henry Ford Museum sometime after weather warms up. Any suggestions on places to stay in general area for W/E. We are happy with value resorts at Disney so nothing fancy needed.
While not a value resort, The Dearborn Inn is lovely and very convenient to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #827
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
While not a value resort, The Dearborn Inn is lovely and very convenient to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.
It is quite lovely.. I live about 15 minutes from there. There are a couple other hotels in Dearborn that is pretty close.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #828
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
I'd like to pick your brains: Dh and I are talking about taking off for a vist to Greenfield village/ Henry Ford Museum sometime after weather warms up. Any suggestions on places to stay in general area for W/E. We are happy with value resorts at Disney so nothing fancy needed.
Our favorite hotel near Greenfield Village is the Best Western Greenfield Inn right off of I-94. It is very easy to get to Greenfield Village then. They have a really nice indoor pool and hot tub, which is our favorite part. We just stayed there like 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful as usual. The rates aren't that bad, definitely more than a Disney value resort, but less than a moderate. LOL

Here is their website: http://www.bestwesterngreenfield.com/

My sister and I LOVE Greenfield Village. The best weekend to go is Memorial Day weekend when they have the Civil War Remembrance weekend. We've gone for that weekend for the past 10 years or so. It is awesome.

Yzerbear19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #829
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post
Our favorite hotel near Greenfield Village is the Best Western Greenfield Inn right off of I-94. It is very easy to get to Greenfield Village then. They have a really nice indoor pool and hot tub, which is our favorite part. We just stayed there like 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful as usual. The rates aren't that bad, definitely more than a Disney value resort, but less than a moderate. LOL

My sister and I LOVE Greenfield Village. The best weekend to go is Memorial Day weekend when they have the Civil War Remembrance weekend. We've gone for that weekend for the past 10 years or so. It is awesome.
We've stayed at both the Dearborn Inn and the Best Western Greenfield Inn and like them. You used to be able to get really cheap weekend deal at the Dearborn Inn. It used to be Ford's corporate hotel and it's still mostly a business/conference resort so it's not set up for "family fun" (there's no indoor pool... or at least there wasn't when we last stayed there).

But the best deal we've found is a weekend night at the Dearborn Hyatt Regency. We've reliably gotten it on Price Line for $55/night. We've stayed there 4 times at that rate in the last 12 months. Pick a 4-star hotel in Dearborn and bid $55, and it's popped up each time!

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."

Last edited by Geoff_M; 01-27-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Geoff_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #830
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post

Sounds like a good place to stay. I have been happy with other bw's
Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #831
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
Hello my fellow Michigan DISers!

Just wanted to bump this thread to ask about going "up north". We moved here a few months ago and love it -- people are wonderful and we are enjoying living here.

So, we've heard from alot of folks that we need to go up north. Where do you prefer? On Lake Huron or Lake Michigan? Grand Haven or Traverse City? Or the small towns inbetween?

DH is the outdoorsman of the family, our girls love swimming, fishing and camping, I like to sit back and read a book with a nice glass of wine No, I enjoy the outdoors but also think I'd enjoy seeing some of the wineries in western Michigan.

Would love to hear where everyone goes. Thanks!
Hi there,
I know this is a Michigander place to hang and I am currentlyliving in Pa. But I am originally from Commerce Twp, Mi. So I still go home a few times a year.

I just wanted to post my two cents. My sister has a place in Tawas Bay, it's on the Lake Huron side. A Really nice town with a nice beach and a interesting shops. I have only gone up in the summer, but my sister said that there are always things going up there all year.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
disneyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #832
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Well if you guys are ever in the Spring Lake / Grand Haven don't stay at the holiday inn. We are here now and its the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at. We are here on a hockey tournament and if we didn't have to stay here I would have packed my stuff up and left. We are not picky people but when you have drywall debris all around the edge of your room you know something is wrong. Towel bar was ripped out of the wall and soap dish was ripped out. I will be so glad when the weekend is over. and sadly this is my second room. I don't want to keep complaining so i'll just deal with it. So you have the heads up now. for holiday inns sake I hope it turns out nicely when they are done remodeling...
Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #833
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I like the Traverse City area a lot. But then again, I like the wineries.
Yeah, that's about all I have to add too. Black Star Farms . DH & I get up there every couple years without kids, around our anniversary, just to follow the "wine trail" along the Leelanau Penninsula.

And I second EpcotPrincess's recommendation for the Cherry Tree Inn, lovely, lovely place with old-fashioned small-town service and the most fabulous location right on the beach.

Also up that way and worth a short detour is Gwen Frostic Prints in Benzonia. We got our wedding stationary there, and the shop is like nothing else I've ever seen, well worth a visit.

We have a family vacation property near Baldwin, just a little ways inland from Ludington, so the Lake Michigan coast is where a lot of my favorites are.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #834
KatieA
Mouseketeer

The snow has started again!!! The ground is covered. We are at the 127 & I94 corridor and they are saying we are supposed to get snow, sleet and freezing rain. Thank goodness we have tomorrow off for Presidents Day.
KatieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #835
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

It's been snowing here since about 1ish in West MI. Really big, pretty flakes right now.

DD is at Adrian College so not far from you KateA. I hope they don't get much ice. DD isn't so graceful and she has several leg injuries going on from track practice. She doesn't need any more.

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
WDWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #836
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieA View Post
The snow has started again!!! The ground is covered. We are at the 127 & I94 corridor and they are saying we are supposed to get snow, sleet and freezing rain. Thank goodness we have tomorrow off for Presidents Day.
We're near 69 & 94 on the other side of the state and it is coming down HARD now. My DD and her friend are so disappointed because they had a Girl Scout outing to an indoor waterpark scheduled but the waterpark is part of a neighboring city's rec center and the city canceled all events for this afternoon & evening so we're going to have to reschedule. I just hope the new date isn't when we're in FL... We've got a bad track record of missing things for our trips, usually because of weather-related rescheduling.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #837
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

We live nearest I-275 and I-96... It's near white out conditions out my living room window. I can hardly see the house behind my across the street neighbor! This STINKS!

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #838
BrerMom

My hero, zero

We're near I-94 and 131. We got several inches of snow before it started raining. It is nasty!! Huge areas of road are covered by water. We're not supposed to have Presidents' Day off, but it won't surprise me if we have a snow day if this keeps up.

Everybody's got the right to be different even though at times they go to extremes.
Aim for what you want a lot - Everybody gets a shot. Everybody's got a right to their dreams...

Everybody's got the right to some sunshine Not the sun but maybe one of its beams. One of its beams.
Rich man, poor man, black or white, pick your apple, take a bite,
Everybody just hold tight to your dreams. Everybody's got the right to their dreams...
BrerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #839
KatieA
Mouseketeer

It's been freezing rain for about a half hour now. I'm supposed to have a dentist appointment tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me if they call and cancel.
KatieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #840
vicb
DIS Veteran

We live in Ann Arbor, just drove home from visiting our daughter at MSU... took us 2 hours, normally only 1. So, so many cars off the road in ditches! Glad to be back home now.
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: