Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #166
wardfamily1

What in the heck does this mean?The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper situation. I'm sure I'd manage just fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl View Post
Last time I went there the mosquitoes were bigger than the dinosaurs!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #167
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardfamily1 View Post
You know, I was going to bring DH and the kids to Irish Hills last month just to go to Dinosaur Gardens. I looked online and saw that it closed. That was sad, it was part of my youth that I wanted to share with the kiddies.
Wow, another long, lost memory. We used to go camping in Irish Hills every year. We went to Mystery Spot, Devils Lake, horseback riding. And we tried to go that cheesey fake western town amusement area, but an electrical line broke when we got there and they evacuated. Anyone know about that place? It must be gone by now, that was about 35 years ago...We went to Dinosaur gardens, too, you could shoot at them with a gun like Buzz Lightyear, right?

I can't believe I can remember this stuff, but I can't remember why I walked into a room...

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #168
wardfamily1

What in the heck does this mean?The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper situation. I'm sure I'd manage just fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh_disney_queen View Post
Wow, another long, lost memory. We used to go camping in Irish Hills every year. We went to Mystery Spot, Devils Lake, horseback riding. And we tried to go that cheesey fake western town amusement area, but an electrical line broke when we got there and they evacuated. Anyone know about that place? It must be gone by now, that was about 35 years ago...We went to Dinosaur gardens, too, you could shoot at them with a gun like Buzz Lightyear, right?

I can't believe I can remember this stuff, but I can't remember why I walked into a room...
Stagecoach Stop is still there, and bigger than ever!

The link isn't working at the moment, but I was just on it recently so you may want to try it tomorrow:

www.stagecoachstop.com
Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #169
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardfamily1 View Post
Stagecoach Stop is still there, and bigger than ever!

The link isn't working at the moment, but I was just on it recently so you may want to try it tomorrow:

www.stagecoachstop.com
STAGECOACH STOP, THAT'S IT!!!

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #170
Pinnie
Working a Dream Job
DVC Member: Beach Club Villas
"Shut up, smile and wear beige"

Believe it or not, my cousin had her wedding reception last year at the saloon across the street from stagecoach stop and got rooms for us at the Stagecoach Stop motel. Oh my!!!!!! Let's just say DH and I snuck out that night late, drove back to Livonia and then early the next morning drove back to the 'motel' to be with family.

Just had to add that I just got back from Kalamazoo. My son and daugher in law presented me with my first grandchild today, a baby girl!!! Her name is Taryn Elizabeth. She weighed in at 7 lb. 8 oz and was 20 inches long, Both are doing well and this proud grandma already has her Mickey ornament all picked out!!!

pinnie
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #171
1gr8mouse
My teens slow me down at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnie View Post
Believe it or not, my cousin had her wedding reception last year at the saloon across the street from stagecoach stop and got rooms for us at the Stagecoach Stop motel. Oh my!!!!!! Let's just say DH and I snuck out that night late, drove back to Livonia and then early the next morning drove back to the 'motel' to be with family.

Just had to add that I just got back from Kalamazoo. My son and daugher in law presented me with my first grandchild today, a baby girl!!! Her name is Taryn Elizabeth. She weighed in at 7 lb. 8 oz and was 20 inches long, Both are doing well and this proud grandma already has her Mickey ornament all picked out!!!

pinnie
Congrats Grandma!!!!! I just found this thread.....I live in Battle Creek...you probably went right by me!!!
I used to work in Jackson and would work in the Irish Hills area all the time....buddy of mine lives right off 223 near Devils Lake.....I know the area well!!!

Good to see other Michiganders here......I thought I was the only one!!!!!

Good to see the Lions fired Millen....maybe he and Kwame can get together and whine!!!!!
1gr8mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #172
#1hockeymom
Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh_disney_queen View Post

Remember.. we have not one but TWO mystery spots! What a great state!

Listing my favorites as Mackinac Island, Paradise, Ludington, and a half hour away Frankenmuth for great chicken and sausage!

He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
#1hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #173
#1hockeymom
Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

Quote:

pinnie
Congrats on the new grandbaby!

He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
#1hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 AM   #174
JanDave
DIS Veteran

Quote:

pinnie
Congratulations, Pinnie!!! Grandparenting is the greatest! I have six grandchildren, all under the age of six. I'll be in Kalamazoo on Friday to spend the day with two of the six.

Jan
6/29/03; 6/16/05; 10/20/07; 9/14/08; B2B 11/18/10 and 11/21/10; 4/27/14

DREAM Cruise: 6/20/12
Upcoming Cruise:
Fantasy - 11/1/14
JanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #175
JanDave
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8mouse View Post
Congrats Grandma!!!!! I just found this thread.....I live in Battle Creek...you probably went right by me!!!
I used to work in Jackson and would work in the Irish Hills area all the time....buddy of mine lives right off 223 near Devils Lake.....I know the area well!!!

Good to see the Lions fired Millen....maybe he and Kwame can get together and whine!!!!!

Welcome!

I drive through Battle Creek at least 2-3 times a month as I head to Kzoo.

Jan
6/29/03; 6/16/05; 10/20/07; 9/14/08; B2B 11/18/10 and 11/21/10; 4/27/14

DREAM Cruise: 6/20/12
Upcoming Cruise:
Fantasy - 11/1/14
JanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #176
Lars624
Riddle Goddess
LOVES Cookie Monster
Those aren't typos, I'm bilingual.....
In all truth I'm quite DIS-organized

Quote:

pinnie
Congratulations Grandma Pinnie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1hockeymom View Post
Listing my favorites as Mackinac Island, Paradise, Ludington, and a half hour away Frankenmuth for great chicken and sausage!
Last Thanksgiving we went to Frankenmuth for dinner with the inlaws at the Bavarian Inn......the meal was exaclty the same as usual but they added turkey. It was fun!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #177
wardfamily1

Their website still isn't working but I found this on the net.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:14 AM   #178
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8mouse View Post

Hi 1gr8mouse! I lived in Battle Creek for about a year until my husband passed away, then we moved back in Detroit suburb where my family and his family lives.

I love Battle Creek. You are not far from the suburb, the city, and the country. It's like you're five miles from it all. It's a nice quiet laid back city. Well.. that's how I saw it when we were living there.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #179
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Thanks hrh_disney_queen . I guess that doesn't sound too complicated, however, that's a lot of ingredients! I'm sure mine won't turn out like how they make it at Mackinac or Frankenmuth. Thanks for sharing!
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #180
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

If I had to choose one place to visit in Michigan it would be Greenfield Village. I love that place. My mom worked there when she was in college, my parents were married there, I worked there when I was in college, and then I was married there.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: