DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
pinnocchiosdad
DIS Veteran
 
pinnocchiosdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LONG ISLAND, NY
Posts: 1,373

BLT Vs. AKV: JMHO

Here is how I see it. I added on at AKV 2 weeks ago. Selling price of $104 Follow the math.
$104 - $8 incentive= $96
$96- ($500 gift card incentive= $5 per point) $5= $91
$91- (100 SSR developers points rnted out already at $10 per point) $10= $81

$81 per point for brand new AKV KIDANI. I think BLT has to sweetin' the pot a bit. If you read the ads only a few rooms will have firework views and I think the monorails will be overcrowded at peak hours. Like I said, JMHO.
__________________
JOE & DIANE, PROUD OWNERS AT BAY LAKE TOWER!!!
pinnocchiosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
fadedgirl
Antsy for GCV!
 
fadedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 123

We just bought AKV as well but haven't signed the paperwork yet...I've been wondering about switching to BLT, so thanks for the post.

Does anyone know if DL BLT buyers will be granted the proverbial "Founding Member" status for DL's Grand Californian Villas?
fadedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
bellazachmom
DIS Veteran
 
bellazachmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lincoln, CA
Posts: 1,291

You have some VERY valid points!!

I would suspect that the only MK views that you can see the fireworks from would be the "top" of the "C" ... would the bottom half of the "C" be considered "Lakeview" for 7 Seas Lagoon as well as the rooms that can view Bay Lake?!?!?
__________________

DGC in 2013 & 2011, BCV&BLT in 2010, VWL in 2009, SSR in 2008, VWL in 2007, OKW in 2006, OKW in 2004, HHI in 2004, VWL in 2003,
DisneyLand Paris in 2002, Beach Club in 2002, Beach Club in 2000, Beach Club in 1994 and Lots of Family Trips offsite from 1978 - 1993!
bellazachmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
joech
Mouseketeer
 
joech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedgirl View Post
Does anyone know if DL BLT buyers will be granted the proverbial "Founding Member" status for DL's Grand Californian Villas?
We were told by our guide that only people who bought DVC at DL will be granted to be founding member status for DL's Grand Californian Villas.
__________________
Our next trip 2014 July? .
2nd DCL ?

1st DCL Oct 13-17
2013 Oct 12 -26 AKV Kidani (1st DCL Oct 13-17)
2012 Dec 22- Jan 3 AKV Kidani
2011 July 13-27 AKV Kidani
2010 Dec 25-30 Disneyland
2009 July 12-24 AKV Kidani
2008 Dec 25-Jan 4 AKV (1st trip home)Christmas 2008 AKV First Trip Home Report with Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2036527
2008 May 23-26 DVC Getaway Days Travel Expo
2007 Dec 15-29 AKL
2007 March 29-Apr 4 AKL/Contemporary
joech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 24,545
DISboards Moderator

20% of the rooms will have MK views and 69% will have lake views. The rest, 11% will b e standard views - probably a view of the parking lot.
__________________
Best Wishes -



BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchiosdad View Post
Here is how I see it. I added on at AKV 2 weeks ago. Selling price of $104 Follow the math.
$104 - $8 incentive= $96
$96- ($500 gift card incentive= $5 per point) $5= $91
$91- (100 SSR developers points rnted out already at $10 per point) $10= $81

$81 per point for brand new AKV KIDANI. I think BLT has to sweetin' the pot a bit. If you read the ads only a few rooms will have firework views and I think the monorails will be overcrowded at peak hours. Like I said, JMHO.

You also can get the prime savanna view for fewer points per night than that "standard" view will be at BLT, and if you want that BLT MK view, you need to sell your first born.

What I also noticed in all the press releases and reports coming for BLT is the complete absence of any mention that price for AKV is going to change come Sep 21 and in fact Disney appears to be trying to emphasize that BLT will be at a premium in comparison. Might be a good sign that the $104 with $8 off for AKV, and maybe even some of the other incentives, might stick around after Sep 21.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,613

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedgirl View Post
We just bought AKV as well but haven't signed the paperwork yet...I've been wondering about switching to BLT, so thanks for the post.

Does anyone know if DL BLT buyers will be granted the proverbial "Founding Member" status for DL's Grand Californian Villas?
Not for GCV but the first 1000 who buy 160 points at BLT get there name next to a fountain.
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Not for GCV but the first 1000 who buy 160 points at BLT get there name next to a fountain.
LOL!!! Would that be like the tapestry at AKV? Pretty pricey legacy. I'll stick with my leave a legacy plate at Epcot!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
Tozzie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
You also can get the prime savanna view for fewer points per night than that "standard" view will be at BLT, and if you want that BLT MK view, you need to sell your first born.

What I also noticed in all the press releases and reports coming for BLT is the complete absence of any mention that price for AKV is going to change come Sep 21 and in fact Disney appears to be trying to emphasize that BLT will be at a premium in comparison. Might be a good sign that the $104 with $8 off for AKV, and maybe even some of the other incentives, might stick around after Sep 21.
I just added on at AKV today, I never had any intest in BLT and my guide told me they have not been told anything about price points for AKV after the current incentives expire on 9/20 and the sale of BLT begins on 9/21.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
Anthony1971
DIS Veteran
 
Anthony1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 1092.49 miles from home
Posts: 1,779

First I have no intention of buying at BLT or AKV for that fact niether appeal to me. However If I had to choose one it would be BLT because of where it is period.
BLT has one thing no other DVC has (right now) Location location location well three other things. Because of this I believe it could sell at a higher price than the rumor. Yes AKV is a btter deal but just like any neighborhood you can pick a house up move it to a different area and sell it for twice the price. There are currently three resorts around MK and there is no shortage of people willing to pay the super premium to stay in one.
Best example is WL very close to MK but does not get the same price. WL has it all except two things 1) a view 2) monorail. I would bet if Disney picked it up and moved it where one of the other three are it would get the same price easy.
Anthony1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1971 View Post
First I have no intention of buying at BLT or AKV for that fact niether appeal to me. However If I had to choose one it would be BLT because of where it is period.
BLT has one thing no other DVC has (right now) Location location location well three other things. Because of this I believe it could sell at a higher price than the rumor. Yes AKV is a btter deal but just like any neighborhood you can pick a house up move it to a different area and sell it for twice the price. There are currently three resorts around MK and there is no shortage of people willing to pay the super premium to stay in one.
Best example is WL very close to MK but does not get the same price. WL has it all except two things 1) a view 2) monorail. I would bet if Disney picked it up and moved it where one of the other three are it would get the same price easy.
I personally would choose AKV over BLT because of the location of the Animal Kingdom theme park. The views of BLT on the other hand make it somewhat attractive because you can't get views of the Animal Kingdom from AKV but the savanna views partially make up for it. The other plus of BLT is the monorail to EPCOT. Riding the monorail(s) back to your resort from EPCOT will be a great plus.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #12
thepops
DIS Veteran
 
thepops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 1,292

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
The other plus of BLT is the monorail to EPCOT. Riding the monorail(s) back to your resort from EPCOT will be a great plus.
Not quite as good as walking back from Epcot or DHS to BVC or BWV! and without the much larger crowds.
__________________
thepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #13
pinnocchiosdad
DIS Veteran
 
pinnocchiosdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LONG ISLAND, NY
Posts: 1,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
LOL!!! Would that be like the tapestry at AKV? Pretty pricey legacy. I'll stick with my leave a legacy plate at Epcot!
Thats funny, when I read about the founding members fountain at BLT today I imediately thought about my plauque at EPCOT. Best $30 I ever spent. Also not a bad deal for those who bought bricks at MK!!!
__________________
JOE & DIANE, PROUD OWNERS AT BAY LAKE TOWER!!!
pinnocchiosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
pinnocchiosdad
DIS Veteran
 
pinnocchiosdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LONG ISLAND, NY
Posts: 1,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
The other plus of BLT is the monorail to EPCOT. Riding the monorail(s) back to your resort from EPCOT will be a great plus.
I would rather sit on 1 bus back to AKV, than to have to take 1 monorail to the transportation center, than have to switch to another monorail back to BLT from EPCOT.
__________________
JOE & DIANE, PROUD OWNERS AT BAY LAKE TOWER!!!
pinnocchiosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #15
Fargoman2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: See above
Posts: 719

Hey ADP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
I personally would choose AKV over BLT because of the location of the Animal Kingdom theme park. The views of BLT on the other hand make it somewhat attractive because you can't get views of the Animal Kingdom from AKV but the savanna views partially make up for it. The other plus of BLT is the monorail to EPCOT. Riding the monorail(s) back to your resort from EPCOT will be a great plus.
Nothing really to do with your post (though interesting). Actually, your logo attachment makes it clear you are a Colts fan. Congratulations on your gift victory Sunday against the lowly Vikings and their incompetent head coach/quarterback. The legacy of dysfunction and frustration for Vikings fans continues. Can you tell I'm bitter?
Fargoman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.