Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #31
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

Yes ! Keep em coming ! I love to see them

some more cheese:

The secret agent pose

Back to Back with balloons

The family that flys together......

The give me a little sugar pose

oh and wait for it......the Boise State fans (who wupped the Hawaii team ) as pirates

Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #32
allgrownup
Mouseketeer

Tell me more about Photo Pass. I found a website where one signs up to see their photos, but....
Anyway, I know NOTHING about it, please tell me?
Thanks!
DLR in March '09
allgrownup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #33
jacksparrowfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
This isn't photopass but I had to post this one. You talk about magic and I thought this was so awesome. We were just walking out getting ready to leave to go home and Mickey just walked up behind my dh and grabbed his hand. I am sure he thought it was me but he just went with it and they started walking hand in had for a bit. It was the cutest thing ever. And then Mickey led him over to a spot and then we took a group family photo.

But I just HAD to take a picture.

Anyway just thought I would share cuz it was too cute not too.

This is the BEST photo...EVER! Great shot!!!!

October 20, 2009 --- ABD Backstage Magic Tour...Thank you Guides Michael & Jaime for making another great magical tour!

Summer 2011 --- ABD Backstage Magic Tour...Thank you, again, to our Guides & Friends Michael & Jaime - nothing but magic!
jacksparrowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #34
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Myyy turn!

Tower of Terror

In front of the pretty waterfall bear thing

Paradise Pier

Night time Castle

Oh! Stitch!

Main Street at Night
Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #35
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrownup View Post
Tell me more about Photo Pass. I found a website where one signs up to see their photos, but....
Anyway, I know NOTHING about it, please tell me?
Thanks!
DLR in March '09
When you go to DLR look for the Disney PP Photographers. They are located in different areas of the park. They will take pictures of you and some of them can add "magic" to the shots. Tink, Hook, Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, Soarin', etc. You'll get a card from the first PP photog and then everytime you get more just have them scan your card. ( you can have more than one card, and more than one family) Then you can buy/view them in the parks. But the best deal is to do the pictures online and buy the CD, with enhancements, for $59.95 plus $7 shipping. There are several threads one the boards showing shots you can get.

You have 30 days from the date the first pix is taken to upload them and then you have another 30 days to add your enhancements.

Make sure to take a picture of the numbers on your card(s) in case you lose it. Also, write your phone number on it with a black sharpie. Just in case.

There is no cost to have PP take your picture, but they do charge if you want prints, or the CD, (or many other options) Also, PP photogs will gladly take pix of you with your own camera. Just ask. Of course, no magical enhancements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E
I was hoping you would catch this thread, Disneydaz - I partially resurrected it so you and a few of the other recent PP users would post some things! And you have TONS to choose from, with different holiday effects and all! Can't wait to see them. I don't know why mine seem so drab and colorless and lifeless! They don't look as fun and peppy as the other ones on here do! Maybe during the holidays, they will look better!
Thanks Sherry! This year I decided to smile more in our pix and have fun with our pictures. I'm so much happier with our pix this year. Now all I have to do is wait for all those CDs to come. I wonder how many I'll end up with?
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #36
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

great pictures prettyprincessbelle, and i must say, those black crocs are the cutest I've ever seen!
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #37
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

These new photos from everyone are great! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lady and the Tramp topiary bushes in one of Judy's pictures! You don't see too much Lady and the Tramp stuff and those bushes are too cute! The people who create them - landscape artists, I guess they would be? - are so talented!

Courtney, you and your boyfriend (Jesus, right?) seem like you are having so much fun! I love the men who can go with the flow and have fun at DLR like that - just let loose and 'play.' Some of them are too worried about being macho and not wanting to come off as acting like a kid, and they won't be silly! By the way, you are so pretty - you like you could be a model!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #38
allgrownup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
When you go to DLR look for the Disney PP Photographers. They are located in different areas of the park. They will take pictures of you and some of them can add "magic" to the shots. Tink, Hook, Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, Soarin', etc. You'll get a card from the first PP photog and then everytime you get more just have them scan your card. ( you can have more than one card, and more than one family) Then you can buy/view them in the parks. But the best deal is to do the pictures online and buy the CD, with enhancements, for $59.95 plus $7 shipping. There are several threads one the boards showing shots you can get.

You have 30 days from the date the first pix is taken to upload them and then you have another 30 days to add your enhancements.

Make sure to take a picture of the numbers on your card(s) in case you lose it. Also, write your phone number on it with a black sharpie. Just in case.

There is no cost to have PP take your picture, but they do charge if you want prints, or the CD, (or many other options) Also, PP photogs will gladly take pix of you with your own camera. Just ask. Of course, no magical enhancements.

So if I buy the CD, can I print my own pictures for the people that travelled with me? We will be a group of 5 people from 4 different families. Also, is the photo pass good for multiple days? If that's how it works, this might be a fantastic plan!

Thanks.
allgrownup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM   #39
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I have no clue how large these pictures are going to show up here. It seems whenever I think a photo is going to be large, it ends up being small, and vice versa! In any case, here is one:

The Queen of Hearts grabbed my hair with her (his) left hand and was stroking it diabolically with the right, which startled me, in an 'Off with her head!' kind of way! I am in the Mickey t-shirt and that is my friend Shawn in the peachy-orange shirt:

And one of our 'Stitch is rising from the ground' photos (you can see I really get into playing my role - I look like I am so perplexed as to what this creature could be!):

And a stop at our favorite Pumpkin:

At the Trick or Treat Party:

And another one (that is my friend Jackie in the center):

I seem to be having trouble with either my Internet or the Photobucket site, so I will stop for now! I was on a roll!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 07-05-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #40
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

Sherry, those are cute pics of you and your friends! I want to try photopass sometime but DH thinks it's too expensive and I'm not sure i want to do a photopass share so I'm dodging that snowball, at least for the moment.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #41
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderPeach View Post
Sherry, those are cute pics of you and your friends! I want to try photopass sometime but DH thinks it's too expensive and I'm not sure i want to do a photopass share so I'm dodging that snowball, at least for the moment.
Thank you!

Avoid the Snowball at all costs! As you said in the other thread ABOUT the Snowball, right now, a lot of your ideas are just in your brain and not being acted upon. Keep it that way! Resist the force, LavenderPeach! Be strong for all of us!

Strangely, of all the outrageously expensive DLR items/hotels/meals, etc., it seems the PhotoPass CD is a great deal for the money ($66.95 total, including shipping). I had 58 photos to start with (I was lucky in that I wasn't missing any pictures, as seems to be the case with other people recently) and I turned them into 112 or something like that, by editing and adding frames and effects and things. Of course, I could have done more and made it 500 instead of 112, but I got bored! The individual photo prices are crazy, but the CD is a bargain. Actually, after Bumbershoot explained to me all the logistics of it, I was sold and knew I wanted to try it! Plus, it worked out well because my friend Shawn didn't have her real camera with her and had to use disposable, and the 35 mm camera I had with me was probably 200 years old and dying rapidly. It was good to have the PhotoPass back-up pictures!

Not that I am trying to encourage/enable you or anything....

Last edited by Sherry E; 11-12-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: changed 66.96 to 66.95 - why did I have a 6 in there???
Old 11-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #42
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrownup View Post
So if I buy the CD, can I print my own pictures for the people that travelled with me? We will be a group of 5 people from 4 different families. Also, is the photo pass good for multiple days? If that's how it works, this might be a fantastic plan!

Thanks.
Yes, once you buy the CD you can get as many prints as you want. Along with your pictures on the CD(s) you will also receive a copyright agreement from Disney giving you the right to make copies of the photos for your personal use. You should print this out to show wherever you have your pictures printed, or you'll need to send it to a site if you do your processing online (Shutterfly, WM, etc.) What you can also do is, once you receive your CD(s) is burn copies for your family/friends. That's what I'm going to do with 2 families that went to WDW at the same time we did as well as our famliy/friends that we got pictures with at DLR. That way they can print their own pictures.

And yes, it is a great deal-especially if you are going to DLR. DLR cd is only $59.95 which is a great deal when you consider 1 5x7 is $12.95. You'll want to buy your CD online, not in the parks. The CD you purchase in the park will not include any added enhancements (except the "magical" ones added by the photographer direct).

So once you go to DLR, go the PP website (disneyphotopass.com) and upload your card(s) You can upload as many cards as you want. You can continue to add cards to your account as well. When you upload your pictures, it will show an expiration date 30 days from your upload date. That is the date your pictures expire. You'll have to order your CD (or anything else) by that date or those pictures will disappear. You'll want to make sure that you get all the cards from your group and enter them on only one account. That way you'll only need to order one CD. (Depending on how many picutres you end up with, you'll actually receive multiple CDs-the is no limit on how many pictures you have on one (or more) CDs. I expect that I'll get 10-20 CDs with my recent order.

Luckily for me, Disney offered a deal to give you 30 extra days to do your pictures. I was able to take advantage of that and got 2 months worth of pix on my CD.

The PP cards, themselves, don't expire. You can continue to use them until they (Disney) comes out with a new system, if they do. I used my PP card from last year, this year at WDW and it caused a small problem. I wasn't able to upload those picture since they belonged to another PP account, already set up (A CD share group I was in last year). Luckily, I contacted Guest Services and they were able to transfer my photos to my new account.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, either post here or send me a PM. I'll do my best to answer you.

I also have hints, experiences, etc. that I plan on posting once I get my CDs so I can post pictures with it. I'll put a link in my siggy once I do.

Here's one quick tip-upload your pix as soon as you can. During certain times of the year, Disney adds more enhancements to the site. When they add some, they take some away. When we first returned from WDW in Sept (9-12) there were a lot of Halloween frames. Then as they added more enhancements (Pixie Hollow, WDW F&W, etc.) they started taking off the Halloween ones. Now that they have 12 Christmas season frames there are only 2 Halloween frames, 1 Fall frame, and 1 Thanksgiving frame left. So if you just got back from a recent Halloween trip to WDW or DLR you'll now have less frames to choose from. I'm surprised they took the HW frames off so soon, it was less than 2 weeks ago. I would be nice if special event frames would stay on the site at least 30 days from it happening. Are you listening Disney? I've got other suggests too!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #43
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Sherry I see you resurrected this thread! Love your pics!! Too cute!

And thanks Jacksparrow for the compliement! I loved that pic too.

I am off to DW in just a few days and I know I will probably have a TON of new pics then so I will have to post some then! I will probably buy the CD. Plus I am going on the girls trip in March and am doing the CD share then too so I will have some from then as well!

LOVE all the pics!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #44
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Sherry I see you resurrected this thread! Love your pics!! Too cute!

And thanks Jacksparrow for the compliement! I loved that pic too.

I am off to DW in just a few days and I know I will probably have a TON of new pics then so I will have to post some then! I will probably buy the CD. Plus I am going on the girls trip in March and am doing the CD share then too so I will have some from then as well!

LOVE all the pics!!
Thank you!

Yep, it was not my thread to begin with, but I saw that quite a few others of us on DISboards have been using PP lately, so I dug the thread out of the murky depths, and I hope people keep posting! I still really enjoy your photos from Christmas season, because they just really conjure up that holiday feeling for me! The colors in yours seem to be better. I guess I could play with the colors in mine, but I didn't bother yet. (It was kind of odd weather when we went anyway, so overcast and gray for part of the time.) I am dying to get back to DLR in December and take some pictures in front of the blue-purple, glowy, icicle-dripping Castle (like you have in your signature) at night!!!

Yes, by all means, post lots of WDW pictures when you return. I love what they do for the holidays at WDW in the four different parks and in all the hotels in terms of decorations - and I have only seen it on TV and in photos! Can't imagine what it would be like to see it in person! Have a great time!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #45
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks! I so loved seeing the SB castle with the icicle lights last Christmas and we are SO excited to see DW's version!! We only get to go once every 3 years and we are so happy that it conincides with when they are doing this. Last year we got to see our first Candlelight Procession and it was amazing!! We didn't do the dinning package but we got dreamed in a sense because we walked up and were standing back by the ropes and then at the last minute a CM motioned for the kids to come sit in the empty chairs at the back and of course we were able to join in as well! It was incredible!!

So now we are going next Thursday and have plans to see CP and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party and luckily will get to see the Osborne Lights as well. So LOTS of good photo op possibilities. I plan to have a VERY full photo pass card indeed!

I splurged and bought the CD last time we went to DL and I KNOW I will probably buy it at DW because after being there close to two weeks I am sure it will be the better deal!

I will DEF share all our pics!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: