Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2002, 03:21 PM   #1
Dopeygirl
Travellin' Gal

Arrow Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

With a little "push" from a couple posters, I've finally gotten around to creating a post that I thought would be helpful for a while now. This board does get crowded with threads about Cinderella's and I know other threads can get overlooked, so hopefully this will help!

Need advice on how to get a breakfast PS? Want some encouragement? Have questions? Need to vent? This thread is the place to do just that!

As a place to start, why not read gthorson's excellent tips on how to best to get a PS from CRO.

<i><b>Please note: Trading of PS's is not permitted on the Restaurant Board and will be deleted</b></i>

~Tricia~
Mama to E (10/04), B (01/08) and M (04/10)
Military wife
Next Trip...Disneyland October '12

Find me on Facebook!

Last edited by Dopeygirl; 05-01-2002 at 11:27 AM.
Dopeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #2
DisneyLisa

Loves that Magical Disney feeling!

Congratulations Tinkbell...enjoy your meal in "the castle"...I'm sure your grandmother will love it.

Lisa

DisneyLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #3
Sharper
Registered

Worth it?

Having eaten in the castle perhaps five times (breakfast three, lunch two) and always luckily encountering at least Cinderella, I can appreciate the thrill of being there. However, I have no desire to go after my last breakfast experience. It was entirely too expensive for a family to be given pre-plated food which we barely touched. Why anyone would want to eat a plate of fried everything -- eggs, sausage, whatever, YUCK! -- then go into the park is beyond me. Very, very poor choice of food. I might be more tempted to try to catch one of the princesses downstairs and skip that costly, heavy meal........
Sharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:21 PM   #4
Jay'sPrincess
Earning My Ears

Lisa - you are so right. In my excitement I must have lost my brain! It's for Tuesday, July 16. I called on the 17th...
Jay'sPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:13 AM   #5
DisneyLisa

Loves that Magical Disney feeling!

Great, I just didn't want you to have your dates wrong. Can you imagine going to all that trouble to get ressies for CRT, thinking you made them for a certain day, then showing up on that day & finding out you didn't have any . It would be so disappointing to find out you'd made such a mistake. When I made my PS for CRT I didn't even specify the date & after reading your post, called Dining to make sure I had booked the correct day.

Anyway, glad everything is fine & enjoy your trip.

Lisa

DisneyLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 11:09 AM   #6
swanmom
Victoria and Alberts - Hands Down
Some people got a lot more time than they have sense
Was that a Sonic Boom or is my DH ironing again?

Well, I've tried three straight days now. By following the kind advice posted here, I always get through right as the phones open and then I'm put on hold. By the time, they pick up (7:02 each of the past three days) the PS's are gone! Send your good thoughts for tomorrow - it's my last chance!

UPDATE: GOT 'EM, GOT 'EM, GOT 'EM !!!!!
Got PS for Cindy's on our last chance day! Yahoo!!

Last edited by swanmom; 05-22-2002 at 07:02 AM.
swanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:30 PM   #7
Jay'sPrincess
Earning My Ears

Thanks Lisa. That would be a major dissapointment. Especially showing up the day after!

And we are going to be at WDW at the same time! That is exciting. I am going to be at the AKL from 7-14 through 7-18. Then we are going on the Wonder for a 3 day cruise.

Thank you again.
Jay'sPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 10:51 AM   #8
safaulk
I love Mickey!!

Unhappy Ressies for Cindy's for Sept 21-29

My family (husband and three daughters--13, 6, and 3) and I will be going to WDW Sept. 21-29, 2002. I have called numerous times trying to catch a cancellation at Cindy's or at the Princess Storybook breakfast for any of the dates that we will be there. No luck yet. Anybody have any reservations that they will not be using? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Shelly
safaulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:16 PM   #9
BALAMAV
Mouseketeer

We will be there Sept 21-28. I called 60 days out everyday for the whole week. I got the Cindy's ressies on the last day. When I called for Storybook Princes I call right after they put it into effect. I think it was the end of July. They were almost book. I think CRO must be telling people to book it when thy can't get Cindy's. The only bad thing is we go to Cindy's on Thurs and Storybook on Fri. I was hoping to spred them out a little. But I have a 4 and a 6 year old who think they are princess so they won't care. They are turning 5 and 7 on our trip so we are celebrating the whole week we are there. Good luck. I watch a few other boards if I see anything I will post here again
BALAMAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #10
dislov2000
DISNEY NUT!

I got Breakfast with Cindy this morning!!

I called first thing yesterday morning and got right on the phone...no holding....but then realized I called a day early...yikes..then I called again this morning...again I started dialing at 6:54!!! just kept hitting the re-dial button...6:59 ...CM came on!!! I got in Halloween Morning!! 9:10 breakfast with Cindy party of 8 ........1 child!! I am doing the happy dance!! to find cheaper princess jewels go under "products" then under "pixie jewels!! Lots of good stuff!!!
denise
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 29,2002 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Halloween party at the Poly ...Yahoo!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var tzo = (c.getTimezoneOffset() - d.getTimezoneOffset()) * 60;";theFunction += "var diff = ((c - d)/1000) + tzo;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = '';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
dislov2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #11
Joyce DC
Mouseketeer

looking for a cancellation

I tried to book Cindy's for 10/30 (my birthday) for 5 people, but the restaurant was booked by 7:02. If anyone here has a reservation for 10/30 which they end up cancelling, would you please let me know? I am calling every day to see if something has opened up. I know this is a real long shot, but hope springs eternal! Thanks very much.

Joyce
Joyce DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 02:56 PM   #12
my4girls
Mouseketeer

I got through today!!! We tried calling at 7:00am and my sister got through we needed a table for 7 . The CM said no problem she had two seatings. As she was booking the 8:55 time slot she said one of the tables got booked, no need to worry she still had room at 10:00 but as she was booking that it also disappeared.
Now she only had a table for 2 left. Figure that one out. Anyway we did not get ps for Nov 2. I phoned back later and asked if anything else was available and I got a table for 7 on Oct. 31 at 9:55.. yah hoo!!! just keep trying who nows what will pop open!!
my4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 12:11 PM   #13
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

Success!!!

Hooray, we have a ps at Cindy's for Nov. 4th at 8:20!!
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their hints about getting this ps. This was my second day calling and got right through with today. I started dialing at 6:57 and just kept hitting the redial till a cm answered.

Last year I was not so well informed and was unable to get a ps. So I'm really excited! DD just turned two and her favortie princess is Cinderella. She makes DH and I read her Cinderella storybook over and over again. She's going to be Cinderella for Halloween and I'll have her wear her costume to breakfast. I can't wait to see her face when she meets "Princess La" as she calls her!!!

Thanks again for the good tips!

Gi
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 08:18 AM   #14
lizdotcom99
Tags Have Been Donated

HELP ME!!!!!

Is this breakfast really worth all of the attention it gets? I am getting really frustrated and almost to the point of tears. I am a grown woman and am wondering if it is really necessary to cry over not getting CRT ressies for breakfast...... I have tried for the past 4 days and no luck.... I have used every tip on this board and I think I have talked to every CRO person that works at Disney to see if there are any cancellations from November 4th on......one last day to try....wish me luck..... arghhhhhhh...
Old 09-07-2002, 01:54 PM   #15
magical4u
Mouseketeer

Re: HELP ME!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lizdotcom99
Is this breakfast really worth all of the attention it gets?
Oh Liz... I understand.
Is it worth the effort? It depends on your frame of mind... Do you have DD's you are taking OR did you simply *ADORE* the Disney princesses growing up? or love them now?
The feeling a grown woman can get when walking up those stairs and entering into the magnificent dining room with a view... is chill bumpy... then... as Cinderella walks up to your table... you actually LOSE it for a moment... and think SHE IS Cinderella! And she IS!

If you are taking a young one... the look in their eyes when Cinderella TALKS... to THEM is priceless (you probably look the same way!)

Pleeeease try again... and don't give up on cancellations.

When we secured ours for the week prior to your stay... we had 4 people calling... all of us got through at 5:58 Central standard time. Just follow EXACTLY the directions in the first post of this thread... you can do it!
Disneyland Paris - September 2000 & June 2011
DCL Disney Magic - Western Caribbean October 2004, Eastern Caribbean 2009 & Southern Caribbean 2014
DCL Dream Inaugural Sailing January 2011
DCL Fantasy Inaugural Sailing March 2012

DH ME DS DD
magical4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: