Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
TuckandStuiesMom
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
I'm back to wearin' my babushka, and takin' the slow boat to Elbonia

WOO-HOO!!!!

TuckandStuiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #17
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
No! But it's a little too small for some of my Disney days so I pack the Tink bag as back-up.

Don't blame you! For vacation, I use cargo shorts, and did you know there are variations out there with 10 pockets?
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #18
DWJoshua
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
Don't blame you! For vacation, I use cargo shorts, and did you know there are variations out there with 10 pockets?
LOL Wow, I think ten pockets is a little excessive...don't you? I must admit, I always have my mini messenger bag with me (call it a man purse if you like). I actually just bought a new one so it'll fit my new digital camera!

Past Trips:
Nov. '95 * Dec. '98 * Dec '01 * Mar. '04 * Jan. '05 * Jan. '07 * Apr. '07 * Jan. '08 * Oct. '08 * Oct. '09 * Jan. '10 * Jan. '12 * Dec. '13
1/06-5/06 - WDW CP
DWJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

I can't say as I have ever booked using AAA, I just call DVC and they do most of it. I agree with the thing about having control - I watch the Jet Blue site, and have managed to get 35.00 back from "sales" they have - if one calls with the lower price they give a refund (woo-hoo!!)

I will be there from 10/14 to 11/3 - please look me up. I have a tiny lime green mickey head -but it gets lost in the mess on my pack (pooh, tigger etc!).

I hope to cross paths with some folks...I will have guests for 5 days, but otherwise am flying solo as of now.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
DWJoshua
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
I can't say as I have ever booked using AAA, I just call DVC and they do most of it. I agree with the thing about having control - I watch the Jet Blue site, and have managed to get 35.00 back from "sales" they have - if one calls with the lower price they give a refund (woo-hoo!!)

I will be there from 10/14 to 11/3 - please look me up. I have a tiny lime green mickey head -but it gets lost in the mess on my pack (pooh, tigger etc!).

I hope to cross paths with some folks...I will have guests for 5 days, but otherwise am flying solo as of now.
WOW that's a LONG trip! Have fun! Well, for anyone that will be down there at the same time as me...aside from my bag with a LGMH, you can also pick us out pretty easily...we'll be the short gay guy and the really tall straight best friend wandering around the food and wine festival (probably with a beverage in hand)

(She prefers straight best friend over some of the other terms that are out there...)

Past Trips:
Nov. '95 * Dec. '98 * Dec '01 * Mar. '04 * Jan. '05 * Jan. '07 * Apr. '07 * Jan. '08 * Oct. '08 * Oct. '09 * Jan. '10 * Jan. '12 * Dec. '13
1/06-5/06 - WDW CP
Old 09-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #21
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWJoshua View Post
LOL Wow, I think ten pockets is a little excessive...don't you?
You could be right, but it does tend to tip the "Guess your Weight" game in your favor!
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
DWJoshua
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
You could be right, but it does tend to tip the "Guess your Weight" game in your favor!
TOO FUNNY!

Past Trips:
1/06-5/06 - WDW CP
Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #23
mykidsintow
Dogs Like Teacups Too

We will be there 10/12 - 10/17

Yipee! I can't wait..... Calgon, take me away (to Disney)!!!
mykidsintow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #24
Saxton
DIS Veteran

Rosie - when does your trip end? I'll be down there (hopefully) 10/25. I'm hoping I don't have to cancel this time, I really need a vacation! I'm not quite sure who will be with me - last week a bunch of friends sort of invited themselves but I have a feeling they won't be able to arrange their schedules. I'll try to keep an eye out for everyone.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #25
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxton View Post
Rosie - when does your trip end? I'll be down there (hopefully) 10/25. I'm hoping I don't have to cancel this time, I really need a vacation! I'm not quite sure who will be with me - last week a bunch of friends sort of invited themselves but I have a feeling they won't be able to arrange their schedules. I'll try to keep an eye out for everyone.
I leave on the 26th. Pretty sure our last day will be at MK. I'll PM everyone with my cell #.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 AM   #26
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWJoshua View Post
WOW that's a LONG trip! Have fun! Well, for anyone that will be down there at the same time as me...aside from my bag with a LGMH, you can also pick us out pretty easily...we'll be the short gay guy and the really tall straight best friend wandering around the food and wine festival (probably with a beverage in hand)

(She prefers straight best friend over some of the other terms that are out there...)
Yea - I am very lucky to have a LOT of vacation time. I was there for 3 weeks in June (what was I thinking !!??!) also. I may also go in late Nov for the decorations (love the holidays at WDW).

Please do PM with cell numbers - I am going to be at BCV, so I am right around the corner from F&W.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #27
Saxton
DIS Veteran

Well, I think I cursed myself by posting that I was hoping to make it down in October. My Dad has been very ill over the last year and I'm the primary caretaker for my parents (two older brothers - 1 lives out of town and the other is useless). Now I kept saying that I was "hoping" to make this vacation because if he's hospitalized again or if I can't arrange for someone to take him to dialysis then I would have to cancel. So here I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Dad and last night I end up in the ER with my Mom! She was driving to the grocery store yesterday and felt a bad pain when she turned the car, looks like a torn rotator cuff. After spending the evening at the ER and sleeping on their couch last night I'm running on fumes today. Did I mention that I was really, really looking forward to my October trip????
Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #28
mykidsintow
Dogs Like Teacups Too

Oh Sue! I hope that your mom heals quickly and dad is doing very well. Sounds like you really deserve to sneak away!
mykidsintow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #29
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Yeah!!! Yippeee for Rosie! I wish we were going to be there at the same time. Oh well, maybe some other time. One month to go for you!
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #30
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxton View Post
Well, I think I cursed myself by posting that I was hoping to make it down in October. My Dad has been very ill over the last year and I'm the primary caretaker for my parents (two older brothers - 1 lives out of town and the other is useless). Now I kept saying that I was "hoping" to make this vacation because if he's hospitalized again or if I can't arrange for someone to take him to dialysis then I would have to cancel. So here I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Dad and last night I end up in the ER with my Mom! She was driving to the grocery store yesterday and felt a bad pain when she turned the car, looks like a torn rotator cuff. After spending the evening at the ER and sleeping on their couch last night I'm running on fumes today. Did I mention that I was really, really looking forward to my October trip????

Oh Sue!!!
I'm so sorry about your situation. That's an awful spot to be in. Your parents are lucky to have you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: