Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #91
impsythealmighty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Here's another random question: I know CPs don't get to do any shows, cause that are equity-only, but can can do parades.....what about things like Fantasmic? It'd be a DREAM to be in Fantasmic.....just wondering
It is possible, however they mostly train full time people for things like that, especially because it's such a desirable thing to be able to do. CPs leave so soon that there's really no point in training us for things like that when they have plenty of FTers who can do it. Sadly.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #92
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Do they really wait till the end of the auditions? The sheet they gave us post-audition said we'd get an e-mail in 2-3 weeks either saying we passed, we're character pool, or we didn't pass. I was hoping to hear by the next week and a half, I can't imagine waiting another month!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #93
karlijo
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere

Quote:
Do they really wait till the end of the auditions? The sheet they gave us post-audition said we'd get an e-mail in 2-3 weeks either saying we passed, we're character pool, or we didn't pass. I was hoping to hear by the next week and a half, I can't imagine waiting another month!
That's what one person told me. I'm really not sure at this point because I keep hearing different things. I'm going to wait until Friday(then it will be 2 weeks since my audition) and if I don't hear anything I'm going to email my recruiter. What did they tell you after your audition?

Does anyone have any clue how many people they take?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #94
elphie101

Direct quote from the sheet: "The College Recruiting Team will notify you in 2-3 weeks through e-mail and mail in regards to the results of your audition."

So I'm giving them till Nov. 14 (my 3 weeks) before I politely e-mail my recruiter about the status. I realllllly hope this time frame is accurate, because I need to get the internship approved by my department head and we only have 4 days of class after Thanksgiving, so I don't want to be forced to wait till the last minute. Especially because if my school doesn't want to give me credit, I have to take online classes somewhere so I don't lose my full-time student status, and I can't exactly do this last minute

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
Old 11-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #95
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And here I thought being on the first weekend would put me out of character pool danger.....oh dear This is going to make waiting for the e-mail even more unbearable. I was measured at 5'7", is that particularly common?
I'm 5'7 and trust me - that's a MUCH better height than some of our shorter counterparts. There are 7 "common" characters in my range (meaning that there are 7 characters I can be with out in the parks everyday). I was disapproved in 2, so that leaves me with 5. There are others in our range, but they do not do regular meet 'n greets, but they do have specials! It's not a great height - but has more options than the pooh and munk range!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaAndCharlie View Post
If you speak with a recruiter about your situation, please ask them about assignment to the character pool. Do they fill the spots as they tour the country, leaving the last few cities with thinner chances (because of fewer spots left) or do they wait until the end of all auditions?
They do hold spots for later in the audition period - which is why some early people will get placed in the pool depending on how high their scores are.

Quote:
Here's another random question: I know CPs don't get to do any shows, cause that are equity-only, but can can do parades.....what about things like Fantasmic? It'd be a DREAM to be in Fantasmic.....just wondering
The only equity performers are people who sing, act, and dance in the castle show and beauty and the beast. The dancers in HSM3, FOLK, MK Welcome show, and all parades are character performers, not equity. Anyone in a costume (ie Cogsworth, all of Fantasmic) are also character performers. Technically speaking CPs could be selected for shows (I know of at least 4 in the Christmas stage show) but it's pretty rare and you're color code has to be a high yellow in movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlijo View Post
I talked with a recruiter before the audition at my school presentation. I was thinking about going to the audition in Des Moines because my family lives in the Quad Cities and I knew at Des Moines there would be less people so I thought I'd have a better advantage. He said it doesn't matter where you go because they wait till the auditions are over to make their final decision so you don't need to waste all the money to fly to a different audition. That's why I was confused when the other recruiter told me they were sending emails by the end of the week.
Yay for Iowans! I auditioned in Des Moines in March (I'm from Cedar Rapids). Des Moines was pretty early in the season, you should be fine.

Quote:
Nope - you should hear within two weeks, just like the sheet you received at the audition said.

Quote:
Does anyone have any clue how many people they take?
For this current season about 700-900 people auditioned and we have just under 250. I'm not sure if that number includes those who extended or just the new people who started with the FA and fall programs.

Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #96
karlijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Yay for Iowans! I auditioned in Des Moines in March (I'm from Cedar Rapids). Des Moines was pretty early in the season, you should be fine.

That's great someone from Iowa made it down to DW! My ex-boyfriend lives in Cedar Rapids. I practically lived there last summer. I was born in Davenport(IA) and my best friends goes to school in Ames. I LOVE Iowa! ha. Do you know how many people made it from the DM audition? I ended up auditioning in Chicago because it was closer, but I was just wondering.

BTW -Congrats on getting accepted as a Character Performer. Are you having a blast?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #97
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's great someone from Iowa made it down to DW! My ex-boyfriend lives in Cedar Rapids. I practically lived there last summer. I was born in Davenport(IA) and my best friends goes to school in Ames. I LOVE Iowa! ha. Do you know how many people made it from the DM audition? I ended up auditioning in Chicago because it was closer, but I was just wondering.

BTW -Congrats on getting accepted as a Character Performer. Are you having a blast?
Oh yeah, there were maybe 75 people, I chatted with about 7, at the audition in Des Moines and I actually was in the same training group with 2 of them once I arrive - I have crossed paths with all of the others as well. One of my Bobs that I work with a lot is from Davenport, we talk about Iowa a lot together.

I love it down here!! If you're interested in learning more you can create a livejournal account and befriend me - I have tons of character information on there, especially for people who are in my height range.

Last edited by Berlioz70; 11-03-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Berlioz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #98
karlijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Oh yeah, I met about 7 people at the audition in Des Moines and I actually was in the same training group with 2 of them once I arrive - I have crossed paths with all of the others as well. One of my Bobs that I work with a lot is from Davenport, we talk about Iowa a lot together.

I love it down here!! If you're interested in learning more you can create a livejournal account and befriend me - I have tons of character information on there, especially for people who are in my height range.
I'm creating one as we speak.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #99
bgirl781
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess Snow View Post
I attended the Phoenix audition yesterday! There were about 45-50 people. The audition was for Disneyland and Disney World, and the recruiters were both from Disneyland. The whole audition lasted approx. 2 hours, and we didn't dance at all. (I was surprised) Everything was animation-based. The recruiters pulled 6 girls for face character consideration. They told everyone we would get an answer by email in 2-3 weeks. The recruiters also accepted headshots and resumes from those who brought them.
I just had my audition yesterday, too (in OKC). I think there were 56 people there (including one person in a pirate costume!). That's really interesting that you didn't dance. We danced a ton (and my arms are so sore today!). To my knowledge, they didn't pull anyone for face, though they did ask some people to stay and do the dance/animation (which were combined) again so that they could record it. I heard from our campus rep that this is probably because they are considering them more to be parade dancers, though I don't know if that's true.
bgirl781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #100
elphie101

Well, I got a reply e-mail (looks like I might be the first one too) and I've been put in the character pool I thought that this probably wouldn't happen because of the fact that I was at the Rochester audition, which was the first one along with Chicago, but it's happened. I also posted this on the Facebook group, but any opinion on what I should do? Like I mentioned above, I measured 5'7".

Any success stories from character poolers turned performer?

DH Me

Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #101
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Wow, they must be more overstaffed then I thought.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #102
impsythealmighty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I got a reply e-mail (looks like I might be the first one too) and I've been put in the character pool I thought that this probably wouldn't happen because of the fact that I was at the Rochester audition, which was the first one along with Chicago, but it's happened. I also posted this on the Facebook group, but any opinion on what I should do? Like I mentioned above, I measured 5'7".

Sorry to hear that. I'd definitely call and ask them what your chances are of getting pulled, or anything really, to show that you're interested. My friend did that and got pulled from the pool like a week later!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #103
karlijo

Quote:

I know someone who auditioned in Des Moines and she got in the character pool. I still haven't heard back. The character pool isn't a bad thing! What is the name of the Facebook group? I'd like to join.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #104
elphie101

I did call my recruiter and left a message, so I'm hoping to hear from her soon.

Here's a link to the Facebook group, for Spring 09 peeps.......but I think they're already up for Fall 09 and Spring 10 if those happen to be when you're going (we CP hopefuls are an excited bunch)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10997183035

DH Me

Old 11-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #105
Sorahana
I <3 Stitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Wow, they must be more overstaffed then I thought.
They are (well in that area). I think a lot of people are being character-pooled, well atm anyway. I have a friend whose a campus rep, I was talking to her about that. I would email to show your interest though, if you are character pooled. Good luck to you guys!!
~Proud member of the Castaway Club~
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: