Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #931
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I've granted you access to my blog - but I'll warn you I haven't posted since June and I was a performer in 08, a lot of things have changed. You can use the "archive" link on the blog to read my older posts.
Hey Berlioz, I was wondering if I could look at your blog too! I love blogs, especially Disney blogs. I friended you just in case, but feel free to deny it if you'd rather it stay more private.

and just around the corner is a Fantasyland!
iwish81792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #932
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain15 View Post
Ok, thank you very much

Just wondering do you know anyone that has moved from England to work at disney world or disneyland , I'm from England and I was just looking for more information on living and how easy it would be to move there.
Thanks again
I know of a couple, but I'm not personally close with any - sorry. Most I know start on the CP or have their green card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywarhorse View Post
Berlioz,

I just finished reading your entire live journal. I have to admit, it was almost as good as reading a good book and wondering how it was going to end. Your journey from CP to management is really fascinating and inspiring.

I thought of a ton of questions while I was reading, and now I can't remember very many.

Here's one: Can you describe what a manager in entertainment would do with Disney? Are the management positions specific to shows, parks, characters, etc? Which one would (did) you want the most?

One more: Do you work with CPs in your current position? If so, how?

Uno mas: Can you describe the CP role of "costuming" and would you recommend it over other roles?

Thanks!
1) There are lots of different types of Entertainment Managers: Characters, Atmosphere, Shows, Parades, Technicians, and depending on the park it can even include DPI. Entertainment Managers are moved around among all of those areas (and all over the parks/resorts) so you could have MK Characters for 2 years and Resort Technicians the next.

2) Yep - I work with tons of CPs. I'm their Manager.

3) Costuming CPs have a million different roles depending on where you get placed (Operations, Character, Parade, Shows). Costuming is unique as we train all of our CPs in a minimum of 2 areas, and if your program is over the holidays you could get trained in more (MK & Epcot). Responsibilities change a lot depending on where you're working. The two things ALL areas have in common is checking for show quality (garment colors, buttons/zippers, fasteners, general quality) and LAUNDRY. If you do not like laundry, I do not recommend Costuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwish81792 View Post
Hey Berlioz, I was wondering if I could look at your blog too! I love blogs, especially Disney blogs. I friended you just in case, but feel free to deny it if you'd rather it stay more private.
You should have access now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #933
DisneyGinger
Earning My Ears

This may have been addressed already at some point, but is there a dress size/weight limit for fur characters as their is for face? As in, do the fur costumes only come up to a certain size, limiting the performers to those sizes?

Thanks
DisneyGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #934
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

I live in England and I'm looking to audition and move to disneyland California in summer 2013. Does anybody know anything about work visa's and how to apply for them ?

Thanks
McBain15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #935
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Thanks Berlioz,

Does having graduate degrees help when applying for roles in Disney management, or is experience with the company more important?
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #936
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

Wow based on reading all of these posts for once in my life I don't hate my height! I'm 4'11 and have always hated being short, but apparently short, petite and blonde according to Disney = perfect Tinkerbell, lol.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
The Wise One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #937
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Tried posting this earlier, but my computer froze... Second go!

Quote:
Hello,

I live in England and I'm looking to audition and move to disneyland California in summer 2013. Does anybody know anything about work visa's and how to apply for them ?

Thanks
The official Government site is going to be your best resource and friend when it comes to Work Visa's. It should answer the majority of your questions, but if you need any help let me know!

I would strongly recommend working towards a Green Card, which would make your process a bit simpler. The US Citizenship and Immigrations Services is your resource here.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywarhorse View Post
Thanks Berlioz,

Does having graduate degrees help when applying for roles in Disney management, or is experience with the company more important?
Depending on what role in management you are looking forward to applying for, there is a possibility to work your way up. The easier route is working towards a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
Wow based on reading all of these posts for once in my life I don't hate my height! I'm 4'11 and have always hated being short, but apparently short, petite and blonde according to Disney = perfect Tinkerbell, lol.
Really, too adorable! :D

There's definitely the pluses in life that you have to look at. How well are you with dancing/acting? That's really your best bet if you want to go that route, as it's a key component!

Best of luck, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney

Last edited by RogerRadcliffe; 01-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #938
AliSW
\

so is the CP entertainment audition just for characters? or is it also possible to be a dancer? I read that you have to audition for a dance part after you get into entertainment but the only thing I'd really want to do is dance haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #939
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
so is the CP entertainment audition just for characters? or is it also possible to be a dancer? I read that you have to audition for a dance part after you get into entertainment but the only thing I'd really want to do is dance haha.
Yes - Dancers (Dream Along with Mickey/Beauty and the Beast) are members of the Equity Union; CPs are not eligible for these roles.

If you are referring to people you see dancing in Parades; Disney Channel Rocks; Festival of the Lion King... those are Character Performers and the CP audition will consider you for those opportunities (though it's pretty RARE for a CP to be trained outside of the holiday parades).
Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #940
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Hello RodgerRadcliffe,

Thank you for replying, with the working visa would it be any easier if I audition for disneyland paris in the summer then ask to be sponsored for a working visa to be able to move to either disney world or disneyland California ? And on the disney audition website it says that the requirements are that you have to be auauthorized to work in the United States. Does that mean you need a visa before you audition?
Thanks again
Old 01-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #941
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Does anybody know any dates for a disneyland Paris fur character audition?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #942
PumpkinAlice
What it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would.

I think it's March 21st and 22nd. Download the PDF File on the Disneyland Paris site and it has all the info!
PumpkinAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #943
PumpkinAlice
What it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would.

I need your opinions!

Hello everyone!
I'm new here!
I was wondering if you could give me some advice!
I was thinking of heading over to London in March for the Disneyland Paris Look-Alike auditions, I was hoping Alice or Wendy would be on the list, but sadly they weren't. I've never been to a DL audition.
I'm 19, I think i'm 5'4/5, with pale skin and blue eyes. I'm living in South Ireland, so it would be a pricey trip over to London!

I'm not sure if i match the profile of Cinderella, Ariel, Belle or Snow White, I think I look too young.
I just uploaded a picture of me on my Twitter @AoifeSaysHello - it's not a very disney-like photo of me, but just a general feel of how young i actually look, haha. If you could take a look and give me your honest opinion of whether i'm going to waste my time travelling over or not, i'd be so grateful.

I do a lot of acting, I have loads of dance experience, and I interact well with others.
I think my small face is the only thing getting in the way! :P
Thanks guys!

Feel free to follow me on twitter, I follow back!
Thanks again,
Pumpkin Alice! x
PumpkinAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #944
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Hello RodgerRadcliffe,

Thank you for replying, with the working visa would it be any easier if I audition for Disneyland Paris in the summer then ask to be sponsored for a working visa to be able to move to either Disney world or Disneyland California ? And on the Disney audition website it says that the requirements are that you have to be authorized to work in the United States. Does that mean you need a visa before you audition?
Thanks again
Hey! It's a process, so I would definitely recommend looking into a working visa/green card beforehand. The best people to help with this is your local office, and embassy if I remember correctly. Get everything situated in time for Disneyland Paris, as it's a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinAlice View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm new here!
I was wondering if you could give me some advice!
I was thinking of heading over to London in March for the Disneyland Paris Look-Alike auditions, I was hoping Alice or Wendy would be on the list, but sadly they weren't. I've never been to a DL audition.
I'm 19, I think i'm 5'4/5, with pale skin and blue eyes. I'm living in South Ireland, so it would be a pricey trip over to London!

I'm not sure if i match the profile of Cinderella, Ariel, Belle or Snow White, I think I look too young.
I just uploaded a picture of me on my Twitter @AoifeSaysHello - it's not a very disney-like photo of me, but just a general feel of how young i actually look, haha. If you could take a look and give me your honest opinion of whether i'm going to waste my time travelling over or not, i'd be so grateful.

I do a lot of acting, I have loads of dance experience, and I interact well with others.
I think my small face is the only thing getting in the way! :P
Thanks guys!

Feel free to follow me on twitter, I follow back!
Thanks again,
Pumpkin Alice! x
Why hello there, and thanks for dropping down the Rabbit Hole.

As much as I LOVE London (born just south), I'd recommend holding on.

What theatre/acting experience do you have? Dance Experience?

I don't know exactly how the Disneyland Paris Auditions are ran, but my guess it is pretty similar to the ones in the states, even face character. I can't give a definitive yes/no just off of the information, apologies.

There's hopefully a few other people that may have advice for you!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #945
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

For anyone interested, the majority of the 2013 Fall and Fall Advantage Disney College Program Character Performer Audition Dates have been announced!

Have a Magical Day!

―Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: