Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #841
tink22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdobelieveinDisney View Post
So I've been wondering, I know Disney has many face character auditions, but it's mostly just for princesses and princes right? So how do they choose people to portray character like Anastasia, Megara, Wendy and such? I just feel like I never see auditions for these other characters.
Unless its specifically called a 'princess audition' they are going to pull for any role at the audition. It all depends on what they need and they just usually don't need Megs or Wendy's or other characters that aren't out that often so they don't pull them.
tink22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #842
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

Disney posted audition dates for Star Wars Weekends. I'll be attending and I was wondering if anyone has been to them? Trying to get a heads up of what to expect.

Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #843
SplashDad
Think, Think, Think....

What does being 'pulled for face' mean?
SplashDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #844
themermaidgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashDad View Post
What does being 'pulled for face' mean?
Essentially, getting the audition and chosen to be friends with any talking character, like the Princesses.

Taylor, born to be a Princess!

Tumblr
DL 1998, WDW Sept. 2008, DL Sept. 2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

themermaidgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #845
Huskerkelsey
Earning My Ears

Maybe a little off topic...

Does anyone know of a blog or book or anything where someone talks about working as a face character at WDW? I know Disney probably has some major rules about what you can and can't talk about but I can't help it I'm super curious to know what it's like to work at WDW and I want to find someone who talks about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
June 1996-DL Family Trip (My first trip!)-Off Site***August 1997-DL Family Trip-DL Hotel***September 2001-WDW Family Trip-Wilderness Lodge***January 2007-WDW Family Trip-Beach Club***February 2009-DL Choir/Color Guard Tour-Off Site***January 2010-DL with BFF-Off Site***May 2011-DL Honeymoon!-Off Site***September 2013-WDW-Pop Century***May 2014-DL Anniversary Trip-Off Site
Huskerkelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #846
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerkelsey View Post
Does anyone know of a blog or book or anything where someone talks about working as a face character at WDW? I know Disney probably has some major rules about what you can and can't talk about but I can't help it I'm super curious to know what it's like to work at WDW and I want to find someone who talks about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Silly-beauty.tumblr.com is friends with Ariel, and while it's her personal tumblr, she does occasionally post videos/photos of her on the job. She isn't currently working there, but in a couple months she will be down there, and (I'm assuming) will be sharing more stories.

KelseyWDWCP on YouTube is also good, I think her earlier videos were a bit more helpful. The rest are pretty much just fun videos. I know she was in a few parades, I'm pretty sure she is friends with Eeyore and possibly a princess.

Lamayfield.blogspot.com is actually somewhere on these boards...she also works in Entertainment, I think just parades. She's awesome.

Oh! And if you search Working for the Mouse there is a stage show/comedy act put on by this guy(his name escapes me) who worked in Disneyland as the Mad Hatter. Granted it was a long time ago and things have changed, but it provides some great comic relief

I know these aren't EXACTLY what you're looking for, but admittedly it is very hard to find any cast member that openly discusses their job as a character. I hope it helps!

Last edited by Spo0nfulofSugar; 02-28-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Spo0nfulofSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #847
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

My friend who is in entertainment at wdw(she's friends with the mouse and his girlfriend) she said that my height, 5'6"-5'7", is competitive, which I already knew, but she dropped a bomb on me and told me that I'd basically have to get pulled for face or cast as a mover to even be considered for character performer, that I couldn't just be fur(unless by some magicalness I was approved to be friends with Pluto, eeyore, and buzz)

Now I know that I am not Face material. I accept that fact. But I could totally be a mover, as I grew up as a dancer...But, I still see all the movers as small girls, and though I am not a big girl, I'm still not at a size I like or see as a mover.

Needless to say this crushed my heart and while I was okay with being pended because I knew I could attend the audition in march, but now I feel like it will be in vain(I am still going to go and hope for the best! I've passed an audition before, so I am confident that I could do well).

Does anyone have anymore information about movers and the qualifications for it? You can pm me if needs be any information would be be awesome!!!!
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #848
Huskerkelsey
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all your help SpoonfulofSugar! That's a lot more than I was expecting!
June 1996-DL Family Trip (My first trip!)-Off Site***August 1997-DL Family Trip-DL Hotel***September 2001-WDW Family Trip-Wilderness Lodge***January 2007-WDW Family Trip-Beach Club***February 2009-DL Choir/Color Guard Tour-Off Site***January 2010-DL with BFF-Off Site***May 2011-DL Honeymoon!-Off Site***September 2013-WDW-Pop Century***May 2014-DL Anniversary Trip-Off Site
Huskerkelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #849
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigirl87 View Post
My friend who is in entertainment at wdw(she's friends with the mouse and his girlfriend) she said that my height, 5'6"-5'7", is competitive, which I already knew, but she dropped a bomb on me and told me that I'd basically have to get pulled for face or cast as a mover to even be considered for character performer, that I couldn't just be fur(unless by some magicalness I was approved to be friends with Pluto, eeyore, and buzz)

Now I know that I am not Face material. I accept that fact. But I could totally be a mover, as I grew up as a dancer...But, I still see all the movers as small girls, and though I am not a big girl, I'm still not at a size I like or see as a mover.

Needless to say this crushed my heart and while I was okay with being pended because I knew I could attend the audition in march, but now I feel like it will be in vain(I am still going to go and hope for the best! I've passed an audition before, so I am confident that I could do well).

Does anyone have anymore information about movers and the qualifications for it? You can pm me if needs be any information would be be awesome!!!!
I don't really have an answer, just go into the audition hopefully! Disney is a bit bipolar (at least to the outside world) with what they want and like, and I really think you just never know! So GREAT luck, and I can't wait to hear about it!

Anyway, my question to add on to your post was okay, the 5'6-5'7 height is competitive, what about the shorter ones? Like Mickey, fairy height, etc.? Is that just as competitive? I'm 5'9, and besides not really knowing what character that height even calls for, I don't know if that height range is as cutthroat as the rest. I would think not, since most girls are shorter, but does anyone know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerkelsey View Post
Thanks for all your help SpoonfulofSugar! That's a lot more than I was expecting!
haha no problem! That's what happens when you've been stalking the CP as long as I have If I come across any new finds, I will be sure to share!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #850
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

I just recently discovered that auditions are coming here later in March and had a few questions... What are the chances of males being accepted as a Character Performer?

I do have a theatre background, and some dance background including choreography and ballroom dance. I am about 5'5-5'6, so what possible roles are there?

Just trying to decide if I should take a chance and go for the experience! Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #851
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
I just recently discovered that auditions are coming here later in March and had a few questions... What are the chances of males being accepted as a Character Performer?

I do have a theatre background, and some dance background including choreography and ballroom dance. I am about 5'5-5'6, so what possible roles are there?

Just trying to decide if I should take a chance and go for the experience! Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!
Depending on what they measure you at, you're at the height to be friends with Peter pan(5'6" is the cut off for him) and maybe Pluto. If they measure you at 5'5" then the characters at that height are pretty limited and sometimes called dead height(except for Peter) the character heights thread has a post that tells round abouts the heights and such for the characters. I say you should still go anyways! It's better to try than not!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #852
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Quote:

Life is all about taking risk to find where the success and smiles lye !
Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #853
TheChosenCheif
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingK12 View Post
Life is all about taking risk to find where the success and smiles lye !
Couldn't agree more!
TheChosenCheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #854
lperc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigirl87 View Post

I actually just met a girl on my CP who's the exact same height as me (5'6) and she's a character performer. So it can definitely happen! But I'm in the same boat as you, three Disney auditions and counting....

Quote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Terence height cuts off at about 5'5 too.

My Character Attendant Spring 2012 DCP blog: http://dointhedisney.blogspot.com/
lperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #855
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperc View Post
I actually just met a girl on my CP who's the exact same height as me (5'6) and she's a character performer. So it can definitely happen! But I'm in the same boat as you, three Disney auditions and counting....

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Terence height cuts off at about 5'5 too.
Thanks!!!!! That makes me feel better! Good luck on any future auditions!!!

And I totally forgot about terence(sad cuz he's my fav!) but a friend of mine who is very good friends with Peter, was/is good friends with terence(and the media one too, so he was "official" ha ha, you can google and see the first pics of Terence and tink put out to the media, and he's hanging out with him) he is 5'6"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: