Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #31
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

At my audition they just had us act out meeting a character and then being hungry and getting food. They told us to act how we would when we met a specific character (so they could tell who we were meeting) and then act like we were hungry and find food. And do all of this over-exaggerated too lol

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #32
CrazySteph
My, my, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one's late. I bet when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all
Disney sure knows how to throw a party..!

Location: My Hometown: (Indiana) Current City: (Orlando Baby!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
At my audition they just had us act out meeting a character and then being hungry and getting food. They told us to act how we would when we met a specific character (so they could tell who we were meeting) and then act like we were hungry and find food. And do all of this over-exaggerated too lol
oh okay!! thank you so much!!!! but if you dont mind me asking.. (i'm not trying to cheat or anything i swear!!) but like could you give me an example for the acting out a character? cause i have no idea what would you do?
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #33
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySteph View Post
oh okay!! thank you so much!!!! but if you dont mind me asking.. (i'm not trying to cheat or anything i swear!!) but like could you give me an example for the acting out a character? cause i have no idea what would you do?
oh no it's fine!

My friend (i don't remember if he used this or not but) he was going to "meet" Gaston and do imaginary pull-ups on his biceps. I met Cinderella and tried on her glass slipper. There were lots of cute ideas though. People were very imaginative.

I'm not sure if they do this at every audition though

Old 09-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #34
RUPSYCHED4DISNEY
Earning My Ears

hey everybody! this thread has been super helpful! could anyone tell me about how long the audition lasts? i'm trying to fly out to pittsburgh and was wondering if i should schedule the flight home the same day (the audition starts at 10am) or fly home (to philly) the next day??

thanks so much!!
RUPSYCHED4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #35
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUPSYCHED4DISNEY View Post
hey everybody! this thread has been super helpful! could anyone tell me about how long the audition lasts? i'm trying to fly out to pittsburgh and was wondering if i should schedule the flight home the same day (the audition starts at 10am) or fly home (to philly) the next day??

thanks so much!!
Hi! I went to the audition in Pittsburgh in March. It started at 10 and there were about 100 or so people there and I was no. 42. (the numbers are there for a good reason- not to scare - i promise lol) I got done around 2 i believe- i'm not exactly sure, though. And of course, people behind me were there longer. So unless it's a later in the night flight- i would wait until the next day. Plus it might not be as tiring that day. Believe me- you will be tired and hot after the audition.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #36
Ellagirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUPSYCHED4DISNEY View Post

thanks so much!!
My audition felt like it took forever. I think i started at 4 or 5 and i was there untill 9:30/10:00 and there were people who were still there waiting for the second dance audition. You could probably fly home later that night but if u want to be safe then fly home the next day. There were 80 people at my audition i think.
Ellagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #37
americangeiko
Bad Fairy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
The pantomiming or "puppetry" as disney puts it, is common for an audition. It can make or break your audition because if you don't have the right "face" (aka no a 'face' character),and can't dance (not a good parade performer), then they look at your ability to mime to see if you'd fit as a "fur".

Should you fall short there, or they not need someone in your height range, you'll get waitlisted.
americangeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #38
simpsoncan2
Earning My Ears

Here is a good 'what if' question. What if you try out for an audition and don't make it and you get another position as a CP, like merchandise? What are your chances or opportunities to get called upon, re-cast, or retry another audition for a character after you have started the CP?
simpsoncan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #39
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsoncan2 View Post
Here is a good 'what if' question. What if you try out for an audition and don't make it and you get another position as a CP, like merchandise? What are your chances or opportunities to get called upon, re-cast, or retry another audition for a character after you have started the CP?
Next to impossible. If you are hired as merchandise then you will not be asked to move to entertainment. They will describe this at your audition - but less than 50% of people who audition actually make it (last year about 250 people made it out of 700-900 auditioners) - if all of those people came to the program and started auditioning again then the rest of the CP departments would be in serious trouble... so entertainment will not take any CPs until they complete their contract with their current department.

Also, you are not allowed to audition more than once every 6 months, so that stops anyone interested in auditioning for entertainment once they arrive. They also wouldn't call a recast, because as it is there is already a multi-month waiting list for people who want to be in entertainment. This waiting list is for people who passed the audition, there were just no openings in their height ranges.

On the other side however, if you are still interested in being a character perform after your program you can audition during your last month. You can use this audition to extend into a new entertainment CP or to go seasonal.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #40
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsoncan2 View Post

Not very likely, unfortunately. Once you are given your role for the CP, that's your role. If you are planning on extending though, you can audition again at the end of the CP.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #41
MarinaAndCharlie
Photopass Photographer Spring 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Next to impossible. If you are hired as merchandise then you will not be asked to move to entertainment. They will describe this at your audition - but less than 50% of people who audition actually make it (last year about 250 people made it out of 700-900 auditioners) - if all of those people came to the program and started auditioning again then the rest of the CP departments would be in serious trouble... so entertainment will not take any CPs until they complete their contract with their current department.

Also, you are not allowed to audition more than once every 6 months, so that stops anyone interested in auditioning for entertainment once they arrive. They also wouldn't call a recast, because as it is there is already a multi-month waiting list for people who want to be in entertainment. This waiting list is for people who passed the audition, there were just no openings in their height ranges.

On the other side however, if you are still interested in being a character perform after your program you can audition during your last month. You can use this audition to extend into a new entertainment CP or to go seasonal.
Concerning character pool only:

So if you get put into the character pool because your height range is full, as I understand it, you wait until they call you letting you know they need you and at some point you decide whether you want to wait forever or go ahead and sign on for another role... right? If you choose to wait it out, what happens if they don't call you? Could someone explain this a little better, maybe with a timeframe?

If you choose to accept a different role instead of waiting to be called, do you remain on the list for character and if they need you, they'll pull you from your current role and put you in entertainment or do you completely sign off from that when you accept your other role?

This is purely hypothetical concerning being put into a character pool because your height range is full!
MarinaAndCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #42
Joanna71985

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaAndCharlie View Post
Concerning character pool only:

So if you get put into the character pool because your height range is full, as I understand it, you wait until they call you letting you know they need you and at some point you decide whether you want to wait forever or go ahead and sign on for another role... right? If you choose to wait it out, what happens if they don't call you? Could someone explain this a little better, maybe with a timeframe?

If you choose to accept a different role instead of waiting to be called, do you remain on the list for character and if they need you, they'll pull you from your current role and put you in entertainment or do you completely sign off from that when you accept your other role?

This is purely hypothetical concerning being put into a character pool because your height range is full!
That's right. You have to wait until they call you. If they don't call you by the time it is time for you to leave, you would have to decide if you wanted another role (and hopefully one would be available).

If you choose another role for the CP, that would be your role for the CP.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #43
Jedi Jenn
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. I am in the process of applying for the Disney Internship. I have my application in and my interview on Thrusday. My friend and I are going to go audition to be Character Preformers. My dream is to be Belle, but I know everyone and their mom wants to be Belle, so I'm not holding my breath but I am hopeful.

I do have several questions for y'all who have been through the audition process. I've never auditioned for anything before and I am really nervous but I think having my questions answered will help.

1) Are characters chosen just by height. Like for the Princesses are they just looked at by height or does weight go into account too. I'm not overweight at all, but I am not a stick either, I have curves and I'm scared that will hold me back from being chosen as a character.

2) For the singing part of the audition is it better to choose a more Disney-like song or reach out to show more of your range. I really like the songs from Rent, but I don't know if they are too, er, raunchy for what I'm auditioning for. I also am considering doing some songs from Wicked.

Also, did you guys have to bring your own sheet music?

3) Is it better to dress professionally or comfortably?

Hmm, I think that is it for now.

Thanks to everyone!
Jedi Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #44
Joanna71985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Jenn View Post
Hi everyone. I am in the process of applying for the Disney Internship. I have my application in and my interview on Thrusday. My friend and I are going to go audition to be Character Preformers. My dream is to be Belle, but I know everyone and their mom wants to be Belle, so I'm not holding my breath but I am hopeful.

I do have several questions for y'all who have been through the audition process. I've never auditioned for anything before and I am really nervous but I think having my questions answered will help.

1) Are characters chosen just by height. Like for the Princesses are they just looked at by height or does weight go into account too. I'm not overweight at all, but I am not a stick either, I have curves and I'm scared that will hold me back from being chosen as a character.

2) For the singing part of the audition is it better to choose a more Disney-like song or reach out to show more of your range. I really like the songs from Rent, but I don't know if they are too, er, raunchy for what I'm auditioning for. I also am considering doing some songs from Wicked.

Also, did you guys have to bring your own sheet music?

3) Is it better to dress professionally or comfortably?

Hmm, I think that is it for now.

Thanks to everyone!
1. All characters go by weight. But some do go by weight too.

2. There is no singing audition for CPs. Are you going to a CP audition?

3. I would say comfortably.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #45
lordofhaladin
Earning My Ears

Hello! what all should the hopefuls bring? I have heard head shots and sheet music, but then I have heard no singing (thank goodness! lol) also, if it's a long day should lunch be brought? and what did everyone wear to the auditions? I am seriously nervous! lol!
lordofhaladin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: