Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #136
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgb72 View Post
Hey guys,

I auditioned yesterday for a CP character performer audition. I was invited to participate in the advanced dance audition. Does anyone know the chances of getting straight through the character pool if you have been invited to one of these video-taped auditions? I know there were 2 of us out of 66 that were asked to stay.
Hello! Congrats on the video-taping round - I made it to that round for both of my auditions too!! I know that everyone who made the advance round in Des Moines for the Fall 08 program made character performer, I don't believe anyone was pooled.

Heads up though - I was told that if you make it to this round then they are considering you for parades, while this may be true, don't get your hopes too high. Lots of people who weren't pulled to advance made parades over me. Also, I was told that you are guaranteed a yellow/yellow color code if you make advance, I know that's not true either because my friend got a blue.

So while I do think you probably made the program, don't get caught up in the rumors - most are not true!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #137
jbird003
Earning My Ears

I auditioned yesterday and we were told whether or not we passed on the same day as well.

Luckily, I was told I passed the audition!

My question is: do I still run the risk of being put into the character pool even though I passed the audition?

Thanks!
jbird003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #138
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird003 View Post
I auditioned yesterday and we were told whether or not we passed on the same day as well.

Luckily, I was told I passed the audition!

My question is: do I still run the risk of being put into the character pool even though I passed the audition?

Thanks!
Did you audition in Orlando? Typically they will tell you at the audition if you were pooled... if they said you're in, then you're probably pass the pool!

CONGRATS!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #139
cbgb72
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Hello! Congrats on the video-taping round - I made it to that round for both of my auditions too!! I know that everyone who made the advance round in Des Moines for the Fall 08 program made character performer, I don't believe anyone was pooled.

Heads up though - I was told that if you make it to this round then they are considering you for parades, while this may be true, don't get your hopes too high. Lots of people who weren't pulled to advance made parades over me. Also, I was told that you are guaranteed a yellow/yellow color code if you make advance, I know that's not true either because my friend got a blue.

So while I do think you probably made the program, don't get caught up in the rumors - most are not true!!
Okay so Brenna, I had no idea that was you. Your vlog really helped to ease my nerves about the audition and you've kind of been my little saving grace : ) Also, I really appreciate the info, it definitely gives me a lot of insight, because as I've found, the rumors are abundant in the CP audition world. Do you know what the color codes are and how they work?
cbgb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #140
bgirl781
Mouseketeer

What's the average time it's taking to hear back this year? I auditioned on the 2nd, and I only know of one person who has gotten an email yet, and she only auditioned for seasonal (and got pooled, which she found out yesterday). I'm getting really anxious, and I feel like even if I got character for the spring, I would wind up turning it down for this year...
bgirl781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #141
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Okay so Brenna, I had no idea that was you. Your vlog really helped to ease my nerves about the audition and you've kind of been my little saving grace : ) Also, I really appreciate the info, it definitely gives me a lot of insight, because as I've found, the rumors are abundant in the CP audition world. Do you know what the color codes are and how they work?
The color code system is the ranking for your abilities in dance and animation (and also stilts and puppets for some people).
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #142
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad you're enjoying my vlog - in all honesty, you should probably read my blog. It goes into more detail than what I can talk about on YouTube and there's an entire entry devoted to Color Coding. If you have any questions you can just reply to the entry - I check live journal pretty frequently.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #143
rachaelfig
Mouseketeer

Hey all! I'm Rachael and a hopeful applicant for the CP Fall 2009 and I have several random character performer questions. I've been pondering things today, and by pondering I mean avoiding studying for a massive final tomorrow, and I've come up with a few character performer questions. I'm not expecting to make character or anything; I'm just really nosy by nature.

1. Is there any way to know when they're going to train for parades? Like, does the MNSSHP Parade train the same time every year?

2. How do shoes work for face characters? Do you have to have character shoes or do you choose? I've seen some characters with friends wearing character shoes one day and mary jane-type flats the next day. Is it a height-related thing?

3. How hot does it get in Florida during the fall? My mom doesn't think I should even bother auditioning for performer because she thinks I'd die of heat in the heavy fur costumes. [I think it would be totally worth it :-) ]

4. If you go seasonal as a performer how long does that last? Is it sort of a forever thing, as long as you work at least one shift a year?

5. I understand that your Disney height and your physical height can differ, sometimes up to several inches. How does that play into being friends with fur characters? Couldn't you actually be physically too tall to be friends with someone even though Disney says you aren't?

If anything I asked can't be mentioned online feel free to message me! I'm nice, I promise. :-)
rachaelfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #144
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelfig View Post
1. Is there any way to know when they're going to train for parades? Like, does the MNSSHP Parade train the same time every year?
The holiday parades are trained about the same time every year, the other parades are trained on a need basis, but have the same basic pattern.

Quote:
2. How do shoes work for face characters? Do you have to have character shoes or do you choose? I've seen some characters with friends wearing character shoes one day and mary jane-type flats the next day. Is it a height-related thing?
[QUOTE=rachaelfig;28793094]
Shoes are always provided by Disney - you would never wear your own - so I wouldn't worry about this.

Quote:
3. How hot does it get in Florida during the fall? My mom doesn't think I should even bother auditioning for performer because she thinks I'd die of heat in the heavy fur costumes. [I think it would be totally worth it :-) ]
The hottest month is August in Florida - which averages high 90s. Disney takes great care of their characters and there are lots of ways to stay hydrated and safe during the heat.

Quote:
4. If you go seasonal as a performer how long does that last? Is it sort of a forever thing, as long as you work at least one shift a year?
It would last forever, as long as you work the needed amount a year. It's typically more than just one shift, but it varies. You would also have to keep your color codes current by attending the special sessions they host. If your code gets over a year old, then you'll lose your status.

Quote:
5. I understand that your Disney height and your physical height can differ, sometimes up to several inches. How does that play into being friends with fur characters? Couldn't you actually be physically too tall to be friends with someone even though Disney says you aren't?
While technically speaking this could be true - Disney doesn't really think about your real height at all, it's all based on what they measure you at. If one specific character looks off then you'll be disapproved in that character. If a lot of them look off you'll have to get remeasured.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #145
rachaelfig
Mouseketeer

Thanks! And thanks to the person who messaged me as well - I don't have the posting count to respond to the message.

I'm so excited to audition. Whether or not I make it it should still be a great experience.

PS. I've read your LJ blog thing before. It's quite helpful. I've been trying to do as much research into this as possible so that come January I know everything I need to know, mostly for my mom's sake.
rachaelfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #146
believeinfairies
Earning My Ears

What are the chances of the acceptance email going into my spam folder...did that happen to anyone? I usually just delete it all without even looking.. id cry if i ended up deleting the email
believeinfairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #147
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinfairies View Post
What are the chances of the acceptance email going into my spam folder...did that happen to anyone? I usually just delete it all without even looking.. id cry if i ended up deleting the email
The chances of that happening would be based on your e-mail settings... don't worry though, you don't have to reply to the e-mail because you'll eventually get the purple folder - you just have to wait longer.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #148
believeinfairies
Earning My Ears

ahh yes ok, makes sense! i guess im worried because i already accepted a different role, so if i were to get chosen i wouldnt get another purple folder is what they told me.. hmmm luckily im checking often enough that the spam doesnt have time to pile up
Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #149
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinfairies View Post
ahh yes ok, makes sense! i guess im worried because i already accepted a different role, so if i were to get chosen i wouldnt get another purple folder is what they told me.. hmmm luckily im checking often enough that the spam doesnt have time to pile up
In that case - if they were going to change your role it would show up when you log-in. I heard that the log-in is a little different this semester, but last semester it would have just changed on-line.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #150
believeinfairies
Earning My Ears

haha i never would have thought of that!! ill have to check it out.. thank you thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: