Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #151
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
WOW, there will be LOTS of us there in Dec 09! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one planning SO far ahead! (DH thinks I've lost it!! )

By the way, I beleive your siggy said that you've stayed that CR a few times? Curious to know why you've switching over to Poly? Just to try something new? I'm very tempted by CR but I'm not a huge fan of the pool there...at least by seeing online pix. Otherwise, it looks nice!
There is nothing wrong with CR, we loved our stay but we wanted to try something new. We had a Garden Wing Garden View room and we were on the water! It was a really long walk to get to our room though and I had a broken foot. The view was worth it though. I'm more excited about the Poly than I was for the CR because I love the tropical theme. It just looks so beautiful and seems so fun... I CAN'T WAIT!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #152
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Okay I have a question! I have in mind the longhouse and even the location in the building that I would like for our honeymoon next year. I'm not expecting an upgrade but there is always a slight chance. In your experience, can the amount of requests that you put in effect your chances of getting an upgrade? For those of you who've been upgraded, did you have in any requests? I want to put in a request but I don't want that to ruin my chance of getting an upgrade. Like will they think, "Well if she wants to be in this building we're not going to upgrade her."
That's exactly a big reason why I don't request certain buildings, because I don't want it to hamper any possible chances for an upgrade. But that being said, it's yet to work in my favor, but I was VERY happy with our view last year when left to the "tiki gods".

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #153
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

Another Update - Live

Hi there, we are still here enjoying all that the Poly has to offer. We dined at O'hana this morning, it was ok, but we much prefer Kona Cafe for breakfast. DS enjoyed the characters, but I think we have now done enough character meals and we can now relax and enjoy better food.

For the record we've done this trip: Chef Mickey, Garden Grill, O'hana, Storytellers (Disneyland Resort), Goofy's Kitchen (DLR), Hollywood & Vine and Liberty Tree Tavern... more than enough characters I think.

We are dining tonight at Grand Floridian Cafe, I have read som good reviews lately so am looking forward to this.

The hotel has definitely gotten busier over the last 2 days, seems to be alot of people arriving. We've met alot of families from Brazil, I am wondering if there was some sort of special deal.

I will try to get some pics of the resort merchandise, they have a quite a bit of Hawaiian themed clothes. The other thing I noticed is that they have a fairly good range of size 3x for men and women, which I haven't seen elsewhere.

This morning after breakfast we did the Portrait Session, it was great fun and I can't wait to see the pictures. Our photographer Gino took over 70 shots of us. He took us to some great places around the resort, so they will be fantastic memories for us.

Has anyone else done this? I will share the pics when I get them.

Off to have a swim now, we are having a down day today and just hanging at the hotel, we are just too tired and it's so hot.

Take care
Angela

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site
Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #154
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Angela - Sounds like your trip is going very well! I can't wait to see your Resort Photos!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #155
::DisneyLove::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
Hi there, we are still here enjoying all that the Poly has to offer. We dined at O'hana this morning, it was ok, but we much prefer Kona Cafe for breakfast. DS enjoyed the characters, but I think we have now done enough character meals and we can now relax and enjoy better food.

For the record we've done this trip: Chef Mickey, Garden Grill, O'hana, Storytellers (Disneyland Resort), Goofy's Kitchen (DLR), Hollywood & Vine and Liberty Tree Tavern... more than enough characters I think.

We are dining tonight at Grand Floridian Cafe, I have read som good reviews lately so am looking forward to this.

The hotel has definitely gotten busier over the last 2 days, seems to be alot of people arriving. We've met alot of families from Brazil, I am wondering if there was some sort of special deal.

I will try to get some pics of the resort merchandise, they have a quite a bit of Hawaiian themed clothes. The other thing I noticed is that they have a fairly good range of size 3x for men and women, which I haven't seen elsewhere.

This morning after breakfast we did the Portrait Session, it was great fun and I can't wait to see the pictures. Our photographer Gino took over 70 shots of us. He took us to some great places around the resort, so they will be fantastic memories for us.

Has anyone else done this? I will share the pics when I get them.

Off to have a swim now, we are having a down day today and just hanging at the hotel, we are just too tired and it's so hot.

Take care
Angela
Sounds like you're having alot of fun!!!

"All pilots stand by, remain seated and keep your hands and feet inside the space craft at all times. Joystick is spin control and lasers will activate upon take off"
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #156
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Angela thanks for the update sounds like your having a great time . Enjoy your dinner tonight. Can't wait to see your pics. DH and I did the photo shoot for our honeymoon almost 11 yrs ago. It is alot of fun .
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #157
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

ANGELA - took me a few minutes (finally read your siggy) to understand how you were doing Character meals at WDW and Disney Land! haha WOW, you've come a LONG way for Mickey! Thanks for posting your live trip report! I really, really enjoy reading it! Sounds like you're having a great time! Enjoy the Grand Floridian tonight!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #158
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Hi again! I have a few extra mins right now so I'm gonna try and fit in as much as I can.

As I mentioned earlier, last night we went on the Breathless Illuminations Cruise. We met at the Yacht Club Marina and took off from there. We had a wonderful driver, thanks again Heather Leigh! She really opened up the throttle a bit and gave us really fun ride. She wanted to do some figure 8's in from of HS, but there were too many boats, but she did do some fast circles and got my DH and youngest DS sitting in the back a little wet! We then proceeded on to the viewing area under the bridge and we had the BEST seat in the house! We felt like royalty because everyone around was waving to us. Maybe they thought we were famous or something! My kids loved it. After the show and we docked, we decided instead of cutting back through Epcot, we would just take the bus from the Yacht Club to DTD, then the bus to the Poly. I knew better, but the kids didn't want to walk, so we gave it a whirl. It took over an hour to get back to the Poly. Next time, I'll spend the money on a cab! (or drive, since we have a car, but we didn't drive to Epcot not realizing how tired we'd be afterwards) Live and learn!!

We went to TL today. Got there a few minutes before rope drop and it was pretty quiet. Found a GREAT spot under a large umbrella and settled in. This was a perfect place to relax in the shade, over by Crush'n gusher. Very quiet on that beach. Went and did some slides and the lazy river and finally returned to our stuff to relax a bit around 12 noon. This is when things got interesting.....when we returned, there was a British family of 5 that had moved in under our umbrella. First let me say this...being that they were British didn't and wouldn't have phased me in the least, but they were the one that pulled the Americans are rude card on me, as you will soon see, so that's the ONLY reason I mentioned it.
So, as we approach our stuff, my DH and DS's decided to go on Crush 'n gusher and I decided to sit. To make a long story short, when you look around the beach, there are literally at least a hundred or more empty chairs, but they have decided they wanted my spot and moved my stuff back away from the center of the umbrella and kind of "took over" our spot. I smiled as I came up and they didn't even so much as look at me, that is until I pulled my lounge chair back up under towards the middle. The continued to carry on about their business, but I was a little upset that they thought it was ok just to move me out of their way. I DO NOT do well with that kind of rudeness at all!!! Now, when I approached, if they would have something to me like, I hope you don't mind if we share or whatever, ok great. But NO, not even a smile.

Ok, so I sit and stew on this for about 10 mins and finally I just had to say something. I very politely said "I'm sorry, but I find this a little awkward that I returned to my spot and found you all have taken over" Well, you would have thought I said something to cause WWIII! They immediately got defensive (my guess is because they knew they were wrong) and ganged up on me. One of them asked me "where do you suppose we sit?" What?? Look around, 100 or more so empty chairs!!! PICK ONE!!!! No, I didn't say it exactly like that, but close!! Well, by the time it was all said and done, they did move and I became dubbed the rudest American ever! (which according to them, all Americans are rude anyway!) I wished them a wonderful day as they were leaving and moved my stuff back where it belonged!! Now, if the beach was crowded and there was no where else to sit or go, or if they had taken a moment to say hello or something when I first returned, this could have and would have been avoided. Oh well, glad that's over with.

So, tonight it's off to WCC for dinner. This is our first time, so I'm eager to check it out. Then, Spectro if I get my way, we'll see.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try and report later tonight, if not, tomorrow!!

As Tigger would say...TTFN!
Hi sorry to hear about TL. All I have to say is you go girl holding your own ground . If AMERICANS are so rude why do they keep coming back ? The airport isn't to far for them to go back home . I hope you took pics on Breathless I want to do that so bad with our boys. Can't wait to hear more .
Old 09-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #159
momatater
DIS Veteran

Hi again Everyone!!!

Hello to all the DISers and CMs that I met here and are stopping by to read my live report!

I read Angela's report....HI Angela, Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

Well, I met my first DISer, a local gal last night on the monorail! Then, today we were leaving early this morning for breakfast at Tusker House and we met Mary Beth, her DH Joe and DD Megan! Hi guys!! We chatted with them for a long time waiting for the bus and then again on the way back on the bus just a little bit ago! I also ran into 3 or 4 other DISers at AK. One group had on matching Mickey head t-shirts from the Creative DISigns board, so I knew immediately where they came from. I am no means shy and have been saying hello to any DISer I see and it's been fun.

Ok, onto other business. Last night we went to WCC for dinner. Our waitress, Tumbleweed was great! She straighten out a small problem between 2 of my boys and then kept them in line the rest of the night. The boys all filled up on refillable milk shakes and didn't eat too much. The food there was excellent! We had a ton of fun while there. We had driven over there and when we came back to drop off the car, we were pretty tired from TL and I knew we had to get up early early for TH breakfast, so we decided to hang out here and just take a swim and get to bed early. I stayed up and watched the fireworks from bed as all my guys slept! (BTW, I messed up looking at the schedule and Spectro is tomorrow night, not last night so I didn't miss out! )

Today, up early and off to TH for an 805 breakfast. We were the first ones in the park and first ones checked in and served. Also were seated at the first table that the characters go to so that was wonderful. We were out of there and waiting for the Safari at 845 and also were the first to ride that. My boys thought that was COOL!

We pretty much did everything we wanted at AK with minimal wait. EE wait time said 40 mins but it was more like 20. Oh, big time news for me....I actually rode Kali River Rapids today for the first time without getting the wave of water over my head. It was still close to me, but it got 4 others for a change!!! WOO HOO!!!

Now we're getting ready to hit the pool for a while, then maybe going to MK. It's night EMH, so we might go out about 8ish or so for that. Not sure yet, we will just play it by ear, like we always do.

I will try and get some pics of the gift shop for you Melanie. I still haven't forgotten about looking at the pastry prices but I never seem to be around that area when they are open.

Thanks to all the support about me sticking up for myself at TL yesterday. I'm actually surprised I said anything, I don't like confrontations, but this time I couldn't stand it!

Thanks everyone for continuing to read!! More to come soon!!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #160
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Well, I met my first DISer,
2nd
Old 09-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #161
momatater
DIS Veteran

Ok, I stand corrected!! I will definately say hi when I see you again!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #162
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

Made Tonga Toast today from the Allears recipe. It was pretty dang good if I say so. Family loved it and it made DH and me feel even closer to being there in Dec.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #163
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Love the Live reports! We have some of the same ADRs as you Angela.We have GFC (dinner) and Tusker House (lunch). Hope you enjoyed them We're also doing the photo shoot but ours will be at the GF. I'm hoping they keep our sitting fee at $25 not $75 as we ordered the prepaid CD at $99..

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #164
pineycreek
Earning My Ears

Please forgive my ignorance.... but what does getting "boo'd" mean? We arrive tomorrow and am curious. I am sure it has something to do w/ Halloween but what actually does occur?
Old 09-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #165
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
Love the Live reports! We have some of the same ADRs as you Angela.We have GFC (dinner) and Tusker House (lunch). Hope you enjoyed them We're also doing the photo shoot but ours will be at the GF. I'm hoping they keep our sitting fee at $25 not $75 as we ordered the prepaid CD at $99..
Just bring along your email confirmation and they will just charge the $25... at least that's what they did today.

The session was good, but it was so hot that the sweat was just pouring down my face, I hope the pics turn out ok.

We didn't make it to GFC tonight as it was an early ADR (5pm) and DS/DH were still in the pool. I did't have the heart to make them get out. So I called and cancelled. I did manage to get a 7.30pm ADR at Kona, but have now called and cancelled that too as DS played too hard and has fallen asleep on the bed watching TV. He will probably sleep right through now. DH has gone to see if they will do Sushi to go from the Sushi Bar at Kona as I was really looking forward to it. CC has prepacked sushi, but it doesn't look that appealing.

If he has no success we might get room service and have a quiet night in. Although I am seriously thinking about hitting MK since there are EMH and it's open until midnight.

Stephanie, sounds like you are having a great time. I haven't seen a single LGMH and I have been looking.

We only have 1 more full day tomorrow as we leave Tuesday 9am. I am still undecided which park to do. We have spent the least time at AK, only a few hours, and I would really like to go back. But it's so hot there. I think we will either go to MK or Epcot. Will have to see what DS/DH prefer.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
Angela

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: