Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #121
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!
 
VandyFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,550

Here's more of the One Man's Dream Museum







One of my favorites!!










This always makes me sad....but I am VERY glad the family decided to push on with the MK when Walt died. Could you imagine not having it??


Learning a little more about the animatronics were cool. I thought I had a picture of the bird (prob from the tiki room) but I guess I didn't take one






Not sure if this is Kali or which park this ride is from but was always one of my faves at Opryland!!


Next Post
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=159
__________________
Dec 2007 - POFQ Sept 2008 - Pop Boo-to-YOU! Dec 2009 - Pop
2010 - Birth of first child started ridiculous run...
Oct, Dec 2010 - Off Property
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~

Last edited by VandyFan10; 11-16-2008 at 09:57 PM.
VandyFan10 is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #122
TCKK
DIS Veteran
 
TCKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,698

Love the "One Man's Dream" pictures. We went there for the 1st time this trip. I didn't take very many pictures for some unknown reason, so I really am enjoying seeing yours.

Cathy
__________________
Cathy
TCKK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #123
kschafer
DIS Veteran
 
kschafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,178

Thanks for those pics. I hadn't planned to visit One Man's Dream this summer because I had heard that is was "just a museum". But we had a little time to kill waiting for our ADR's but not enough time to wait in line for something so we decided to wander in. What a wonderful surprise! I think DH could have spent hours in there!
__________________
Me (Katie) DH (Greg) DS12 (Patrick) DS9 (Daniel)



June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #124
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran
 
teruterubouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 684

I loved One Man's Dream. The Peter Pan's Flight ride model was one of my favorite things there. I just love those intricate little models.
__________________

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
teruterubouzu is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #125
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post

That's from back in my day! That's when I first became a Disney fan.

M-I-C
See you real soon!
K-E-Y
Why? Because we like you!
M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEE!
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #126
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!
 
reelmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 5,624

I never knew what One Man's Dream was. Now I can't wait to go in December. I think this is what makes going back to Disney so much fun. No matter how may times you have been, there is always something new to see and experience.
P.S. Hey MeMom!
reelmom is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #127
walkerag
DIS Veteran
 
walkerag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 532

Not sure if this is Kali or which park this ride is from but was always one of my faves at Opryland!!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh, don't you miss Opryland?
DD7 and I went to Orymills last weekend and it's so sad driving around seeing some of the old "rock" areas where either grizzly river rampage or the flume zoom was. I wish I could've taken her there she would've loved it!

PS. I work in a lab a Vandy and we are going to the game tonight
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angie DH DD (11)
walkerag is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #128
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!
 
HeyIt'sMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post
This always makes me sad....but I am VERY glad the family decided to push on with the MK when Walt died. Could you imagine not having it??



ITA! I was telling my DH the other day "What if there was never a Walt Disney? There would never be a Walt Disney World. Where could we possibly go that we love as much as Disney World??"

Keep up the good work on the trip report VandyFan and Punkin (<- my DD's nickname too )
__________________
Me (Debbie) DH (Steve) DD (Emily)



1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #129
ibdamamma
If it's dirty, throw it away and buy another one
 
ibdamamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Haven, CT
Posts: 234

I have always wanted to do the "One mans Dream" but no one ever wanted to go. Thank you for posting the pictures for us, it shows so much history (which I love) and the hard work that went into our favorite place EVER!
__________________
ChrissieGeorge Rachel(12)Mia(10)Ashley (7)
Mia's Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post27548598
ibdamamma is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #130
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran
 
Spartangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "The Mitten"
Posts: 1,679

Joining in on the fun! I LOVE that you two took a "Girls' Trip" to the World! Can't wait to hear more!!!
Spartangirl is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #131
micandminforever
DIS Veteran
 
micandminforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Small Town, N.W. Ga.
Posts: 2,149

Thanks for the pictures, the ones from the Mickey Mouse Club bring back great memories. Did you stay for the film at the end?
__________________
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #132
nateryan
Mouseketeer
 
nateryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast
Posts: 494

Wow, One Man's Dream sounds great! I have never done it - now I want to. Do you walk through at your own pace? I just keep adding to the list of things to do at HS, I just recently added the Drawing class.
__________________
me DH DS (9) DS (4)

Oct 98 - CBR - Honeymoon * Dec 00 - CBR & CS * Dec 01 - CBR * Dec 03 - Poly * Dec 04 - BCV * Nov 05 - CBR * Nov 07 - CBR * Nov 08 - CBR * Dec 10 - CBR
nateryan is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #133
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!
 
VandyFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post
Love the "One Man's Dream" pictures. We went there for the 1st time this trip. I didn't take very many pictures for some unknown reason, so I really am enjoying seeing yours.
Thanks Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Thanks for those pics. I hadn't planned to visit One Man's Dream this summer because I had heard that is was "just a museum". But we had a little time to kill waiting for our ADR's but not enough time to wait in line for something so we decided to wander in. What a wonderful surprise! I think DH could have spent hours in there!
Yea but it's 'Just a museum' filled with things we LOVE ....you should definitely go

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
I loved One Man's Dream. The Peter Pan's Flight ride model was one of my favorite things there. I just love those intricate little models.
I know the tree of life was one of the most interesting to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's from back in my day! That's when I first became a Disney fan.

M-I-C
See you real soon!
K-E-Y
Why? Because we like you!
M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEE!
I hope you guys have a great time at Ice tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
No matter how may times you have been, there is always something new to see and experience.
I agree. I think Dawn and I did somethings I had never done or it had been 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
Oh, don't you miss Opryland?
DD7 and I went to Orymills last weekend and it's so sad driving around seeing some of the old "rock" areas where either grizzly river rampage or the flume zoom was. I wish I could've taken her there she would've loved it!

PS. I work in a lab a Vandy and we are going to the game tonight
Walkerag - so another Nashvegas person!!

YES I miss Opryland!!!! Still am just about them getting rid of it!

You should go check out my other TR.....Dawn and I got on an Opryland tangent it was fun! Lots of old pictures

Hope we have a good game tonight....VERY exciting to be 2-0 right now but they DO NOT need to overlook Rice b/c they can beat us for sure!!

GO DORES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe View Post
ITA! I was telling my DH the other day "What if there was never a Walt Disney? There would never be a Walt Disney World. Where could we possibly go that we love as much as Disney World??"

Keep up the good work on the trip report VandyFan and Punkin (<- my DD's nickname too )
I can't imagine .....but we do have a WONDERUFL place to go and it's still growing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdamamma View Post
I have always wanted to do the "One mans Dream" but no one ever wanted to go. Thank you for posting the pictures for us, it shows so much history (which I love) and the hard work that went into our favorite place EVER!
You definitely need to go there next time. Even if your party doesnt want to let them take a 15-20min break or go check something else out. I promise if you get whomever in there they will like it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Joining in on the fun! I LOVE that you two took a "Girls' Trip" to the World! Can't wait to hear more!!!
- I'm sure you're in for an interesting ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Thanks for the pictures, the ones from the Mickey Mouse Club bring back great memories. Did you stay for the film at the end?
Yes we did watch the film and then went back in to the museum to look more. I was very glad to know we could do that b/c I wasn't wanting to leave the museum. The film was really good too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
Wow, One Man's Dream sounds great! I have never done it - now I want to. Do you walk through at your own pace? I just keep adding to the list of things to do at HS, I just recently added the Drawing class.
Yes it was very nice you could spend as much or little time as you wanted there and you can stay for the film or just exit back out the front door.

FYI - Not positive when I'll get the next installment up. I planned on doing some today. But I uploaded the pics but photobucket did something really wierd it's only showing about 1/2 of them so that will make it really hard for me to write the report. I'm going to delete the folder and just start over from scratch so maybe tomorrow. I'm trying to finish and then off to the BIG game!!!
__________________
Dec 2007 - POFQ Sept 2008 - Pop Boo-to-YOU! Dec 2009 - Pop
2010 - Birth of first child started ridiculous run...
Oct, Dec 2010 - Off Property
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
VandyFan10 is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #134
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!
 
punkin413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: georgia, but i haven't seen a peach tree yet
Posts: 9,483

thanks everyone for all your sweet comments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I never knew what One Man's Dream was. Now I can't wait to go in December. I think this is what makes going back to Disney so much fun. No matter how may times you have been, there is always something new to see and experience.
P.S. Hey MeMom!
you should definitely go! there's also a movie at the end about walt's life and it brings tears to my eyes every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
Oh, don't you miss Opryland?
DD7 and I went to Orymills last weekend and it's so sad driving around seeing some of the old "rock" areas where either grizzly river rampage or the flume zoom was. I wish I could've taken her there she would've loved it!

PS. I work in a lab a Vandy and we are going to the game tonight
i DEFINITELY miss opryland! why in the world do we need another mall anyway?????? i can't figure out why they built hangman like 2 years before they closed the park??? i live near atlanta now but my family is still in nashville and i'd love to be able to go there when i visit.

i don't know where you work at vandy but i know a girl who's a nurse at the hospital there. her name was melissa workman but now it's melissa ritchie. anyway, GO VANDY!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe View Post
Keep up the good work on the trip report VandyFan and Punkin (<- my DD's nickname too )
i got that nickname because when i was a baby i was so fat that my grandpa and uncle told my mom i looked like a little pumpkin. so it just kinda stuck and the "tennessee" version of that word is punkin.

mom said she used to have to pull my rolls of fat apart to clean the dirt after i'd go outside to play. wanna see???



Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdamamma View Post
I have always wanted to do the "One mans Dream" but no one ever wanted to go. Thank you for posting the pictures for us, it shows so much history (which I love) and the hard work that went into our favorite place EVER!
you should definitely do it! the movie at the end is really great too. it shows walt disney's life in about 15 minutes. he was such an amazing guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Thanks for the pictures, the ones from the Mickey Mouse Club bring back great memories. Did you stay for the film at the end?
yes! that's the second time i've seen it and i still cried!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
Wow, One Man's Dream sounds great! I have never done it - now I want to. Do you walk through at your own pace? I just keep adding to the list of things to do at HS, I just recently added the Drawing class.
yep, you walk through at your own pace. we actually weren't done looking through the museum when the CM said the film was about to start, but she said we could come back in after the film. so we went in and watched it, then went back into the museum and looked around a little more. then we exited out an alternate exit they showed us so we wouldn't have to go through the theater again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post
FYI - Not positive when I'll get the next installment up. I planned on doing some today. But I uploaded the pics but photobucket did something really wierd it's only showing about 1/2 of them so that will make it really hard for me to write the report. I'm going to delete the folder and just start over from scratch so maybe tomorrow. I'm trying to finish and then off to the BIG game!!!
i thought about doing the next installment but decided against it because you took all those block party pics and i didn't want to steal your thunder! i'll be keeping an eye out for it so i can post my videos soon after your update. have fun at the game! GO 'DORES!!!!!!!
punkin413 is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #135
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran
 
KristinAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 792

We really liked One Man's Dream as well. Great pictures!
__________________
Me DH DD


KristinAnne is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: