Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #91
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Great report so far!! I love hearing both perspectives. Keep up the good work. I love all the pics but especially the Fantasia Topiaries!! Looking forward to more

Cathy
Old 09-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #92
heatherlizz602
Mouseketeer

This is SO awesome....great first reports. I love how Erica sped walked ahead. Totally something I would do. HAHA.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #93
DisneyJen
Chairs the "Keep the Park Game On-Topic" Committee
sun+yardarm=Dole Whiparitas
The TF aims to please! :)

Gotta love a girls only trip ... to WDW!!!

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #94
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Awesome start! What great room mojo to have it ready at 10:30 am. I'm glad to hear nice things about Pop. I'm staying there for the first time in January. Also glad to hear that you were able to ride Toy Story Mania w/o getting there for rope drop and dashing for fast passes. I'd love to check it out but for me early mornings and vacation just don't mix!

Looking forward to more!!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #95
saralexander97
Searching for a Disney Dream

I love all of the pics, cant wait for more, I'm already addicted.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #96
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Don't you just love DHS? I really enjoy so many things at that park. Too bad your score was not posted on TSM. I think I enjoyed waiting in line as much as the ride. The theming is amazing.
I love the excitement of checking in, I would have been walking with Erica too. This is going to be so much fun reading a joint report. We are all in for an early Halloween treat!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #97
KC's Princess
Earning My Ears

Joining In

I'm joining in for the ride. I lurked on your last TR Punkin413, and really enjoyed it. I'm sure this one will be just as fun! Also, a great way to get excited for my upcoming trip... We leave on 9/20, so please update soon!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #98
KC's Princess
Earning My Ears

Oops...

Now I feel dumb
I read page 1 and didn't see that this kept going...
I'm caught up now. Love the pictures, please keep it coming!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #99
kschafer
DIS Veteran

OH, how I look forward to your next update. I can't wait for pics of block party bash. I LOVED that "parade" I am also anxiously awaiting to hear what happened after RnR

Thanks so much for sharing all the fun with those of us who have NO trip to plan at the moment

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #100
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Too funny about the flying squirrel! My DH speed walks too whenever we go some place. He's WAY in front, while the rest of our family is WAY behind. It's a good thing he's kinda tall and wears a hat so we can recognize him. Erica was just excited to get the vacation started!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 09-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #101
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I thought you meant the squirrel was in that lady's head at first! Thanks for sharing the fun - loved the balloon pic!
Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #102
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Wow, your pictures are so cool ! Love the Pop, and the Studios and we will be there in just over 2 months ! I plan to sit and watch the Streetmasphere people a lot when we go, it's one of the things we never do enough of so thanks for reminding me how funny they are!

Can't wait to read more, but...what happened after that picture was taken in front of Rock n' Roll? I'm dying to know !

Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 AM   #103
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Good food pictures - we buy many bowls of grapes when we are there.

That was cute of Erica power walking into Pop! It's a great feeling to be right at the start of the trip.

We really enjoyed some really funny Streetmosphere entertainers this summer.

I am looking forward to many more pictures. Have a good Friday!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #104
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

I'm sorry I can't seem to answer to EVERYONE separately!! I think it would take up a whole page of it's own

But to all thanks for the complements

to all of those who are new joining us, and you lurkers....come on OUT!!!

YES I LOVED the new Toy Story ride. I am SO excited (and jealous ) for all of you that said you have trips planned soon. It is a wonderful ride and DO NOT MISS IT!!!!

Like I said before in my update I'm going to upload more museum pics b/c that really was a cool place

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hey, guys!!! just chiming in here with some details and pictures i wanted to add.

i have to include this picture of erica speed-walking to check into pop. i was lagging behind for some reason
Dawn was getting something out of the car and she told me I could go on in to get in line......so I was GONE!!!!
Don't have to ask me twice. Now I do walk fast you can ask her I told her at the beginning of the trip I was a speed walker and if she needed me to slow up let her know b/c I have a tendency to get walking and just GO

Quote:
erica didn't include some gorgeous pics she took of the fantasia topiaries in front of Hollywood brown derby. i love these pictures!
Thanks This is actually my fave

Quote:
this lady came by with her "pet squirrel." it was sooooooo funny -
Yes I did come up at the end of her 'show' but she was hilarious. Their voices they can do are just amazing. But she was moving on to entertain someone else with her pet squirrel

Quote:
oh, and you know those streetmosphere people that erica posted a picture of? well, we were sitting there in the beaming sun and i had a wet paper towel draped over my brown mary jane crocs because they were HOT from sitting in the sun. so those people come walking up and say, "um.....excuse us, ma'am, but here at disney's hollywood studios, we allow you to show your feet!!!" it was pretty funny!
This was really funny.

When I went to the bathroom I had gotten wet paper towels which BTW is one of the BEST things you can have in the heat!! I do this at Vandy/Titans games all the time! But Dawn was covering her feet b/c the crocs get so hot in the sun. That guy spotted her and was a bee-line straight to us. They told her she could show her feet that it was the '40's now and 'women' were allowed to do that. She explained they were hot and thats why it was there and the guy said 'Oh....so you just cover them with something else?!?' It was really funny but as you can see by their faces they were great characters!!

As SOON as I brought out the camera....we got this....

Back for more soon
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~

Last edited by VandyFan10; 09-12-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #105
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:
erica didn't include some gorgeous pics she took of the fantasia topiaries in front of hollywood brown derby. i love these pictures!

Love the toparies

Quote:
this lady came by with her "pet squirrel." it was sooooooo funny - all the kids were fascinated and one little boy kept asking her why her squirrel didn't move. she was a hoot!!!

here her pet squirrel is flying......

and here he is doing "his business" in a tree on the sidewalk......

This made me laugh, so cute

Quote:
oh, and you know those streetmosphere people that erica posted a picture of? well, we were sitting there in the beaming sun and i had a wet paper towel draped over my brown mary jane crocs because they were HOT from sitting in the sun. so those people come walking up and say, "um.....excuse us, ma'am, but here at disney's hollywood studios, we allow you to show your feet!!!" it was pretty funny! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: