Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #751
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Your lunch looks amazing! DH would really like to eat there, but I don't know if DD would like it? She is kinda picky at times!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 11-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #752
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

oh your lunch does look amazing! I have only eaten there once, and it was about 6 years ago, and it was Christmas Day with my parents. I don't even remember what I got - some sort of chicken? Definitely want to stop back there someday. That creme brulee looks great.
I love the show in France and always try to get people I am in WDW to check it out without telling them that guy is part of the show. Crazy! I always find myself wondering if he has ever slipped
I met the Beast once, in France, on my May 2006 trip. He picked me a flower and his character handler told me he thought I was beautiful I took that opportunity to point out to my EX-boyfriend that HE had never bought me flowers
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #753
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Yum! I can't wait to eat at Chefs de France in January!!

That photo of Chip (or maybe Dale!?) standing by himself and striking a pose reminds me a bit of Luke doing one of his groovy dance moves!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #754
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Your lunch looked good Dawn! I would have never considered eating there since we are meat and potatoes people but it didn't look that weird. What was the rest of menu like?

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Old 11-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #755
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Mmmm, both of what you ordered at Chefs looks amazing! We actually have an ADR there on our arrival day & seeing the pictures yall posted makes me even more excited!

And how cool is it that yall were able to watch the chair show while eating?

Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #756
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

France food, yummo!!! I too love cheese.

I am so amazed at how people can do tricks like that, he is quite tallented. You had a nice view.

The Beast is one of my favorites, I missed him, he was leaving just as we walked up. I got a fast pic.

Good luck with the kitchen sink, take a breath and just dig in.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #757
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Lunch looked really good. I've wanted to try Chefs but I'm a little intimidated by it and worried about my kids liking it.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #758
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
What a cool show in France. Each time I read about your adventures in WS, I add a new "to do/see" to my ever growing Disney wishes!
yeah, it was really neat. amazing how they stack all those chairs up and they don't topple over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Beautiful photos from France! Lunch looks yummy!

I loved seeing your photos of Stormalong Bay and Beaches and Cream (we are going to stay at the Beach Club in June with the new discount, so I can't get enough photos from there)!
i'm so jealous that you're staying there! wow....can't wait to read your TR! now i just have to wait 7 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Nice update! We loved Chefs, too! You got some great pics, and the little "show" was really funny! It's nice you could watch from your nice air conditioned table.

I think they do take the barges out that early - we got stopped on the draw bridge in Mexico at about that time once, and watched them go by.

I love Beaches and Cream! We had a "No Way Jose" once with 7 of us, and we could only eat about half. They are alot smaller now - I guess we would need the Kitchen Sink! I love the Beach Club - definately must stay there sometime.

Can't wait to see MNSSHP!
if i was getting something for myself it would be a no way jose. but since we have 5 people this time, we figured when are we ever gonna get a chance to eat a kitchen sink again? so we're going for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Dawn great update! Lunch and of course desserts looked very yummy. That show with the two guys was cool. I remember the last time we were there we had just walked up to the one in Italy with the statues but they were real people. It was funny to see the people jump when they moved and they didn't realize they weren't statues.

I love the books on the shelf. I don't remember ever seeing this but like I told you I never went through the WS slow so I'm going to see this next time.

She looks so much like her

Can't wait for the Halloween party, I hope you don't get rained out.
you know they don't have those people in itality anymore, right? which is such a bummer because they looked really cool. i've never seen them other than in pictures. the library in france is really neat. the windows in there are gorgeous. be sure to check it out! it's right next to the perfume store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Those clouds don't look very promising. I hope they pass.
Your cheesy noodles looked delicious!!! Everything tastes wonderful with cheese!!!
i agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Lunch at Les Chefs looks great! We have never eaten there and are considering making ADRs for lunch on our upcoming trip.
it was awesome. i'd recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
We didn't get to spend much time in the WS because DD was bored........I'm going to have to pay much closer attention when we're there in January! I don't think we really saw anything in France except for the stand with the Grey Goose Slushies .
there's so much to explore at WS. there's no way to do it in one trip. so just take your time and get in what you can. did your DD do the kidcot stops? that may help with her boredom in WS.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #759
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Your lunch looks amazing! DH would really like to eat there, but I don't know if DD would like it? She is kinda picky at times!
how old is she? here's the kids menu for you: http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfk.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
oh your lunch does look amazing! I have only eaten there once, and it was about 6 years ago, and it was Christmas Day with my parents. I don't even remember what I got - some sort of chicken? Definitely want to stop back there someday. That creme brulee looks great.
I love the show in France and always try to get people I am in WDW to check it out without telling them that guy is part of the show. Crazy! I always find myself wondering if he has ever slipped
I met the Beast once, in France, on my May 2006 trip. He picked me a flower and his character handler told me he thought I was beautiful I took that opportunity to point out to my EX-boyfriend that HE had never bought me flowers
seriously! he must have slipped at least once. although, if he did, i don't know if he'd be around today to tell us about it! cute about the beast. i wanna meet him! that's definitely going to be something i try to get accomplished in december.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Yum! I can't wait to eat at Chefs de France in January!!

That photo of Chip (or maybe Dale!?) standing by himself and striking a pose reminds me a bit of Luke doing one of his groovy dance moves!!
very true! he was in a frisky mood that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Your lunch looked good Dawn! I would have never considered eating there since we are meat and potatoes people but it didn't look that weird. What was the rest of menu like?
i think if you stick to basic things you'd be fine. here's the menus for you:

lunch - http://allears.net/menu/menu_cdf.htm
dinner - http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfd.htm

my sister ate there last year for dinner and she got the shrimp and scallops and her boyfriend got the filet. he's a meat and potatoes kinda guy too and he enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Mmmm, both of what you ordered at Chefs looks amazing! We actually have an ADR there on our arrival day & seeing the pictures yall posted makes me even more excited!

And how cool is it that yall were able to watch the chair show while eating?

Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!
cool! i'm sure you'll love it. the chair show was really neat. i'm glad we got the table we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
France food, yummo!!! I too love cheese.

I am so amazed at how people can do tricks like that, he is quite tallented. You had a nice view.

The Beast is one of my favorites, I missed him, he was leaving just as we walked up. I got a fast pic.

Good luck with the kitchen sink, take a breath and just dig in.
i really hope i get to meet the beast in december. he's probably the last character i really want to meet that i haven't yet, besides tinker bell of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Lunch looked really good. I've wanted to try Chefs but I'm a little intimidated by it and worried about my kids liking it.
here are the menus for you. it was good. i think if you guys can handle marrakesh you can handle this!

lunch - http://allears.net/menu/menu_cdf.htm
dinner - http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfd.htm
kids - http://allears.net/menu/men_cdfk.htm
Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #760
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

your meal looked really really good.

r u going to try and knock out that kitchen sink with 2 of your or all 5 of you on your triP?

im not to sure if hte wife and i could handle that by ourselfs when we go, but i might give it the o college try.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #761
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
your meal looked really really good.

r u going to try and knock out that kitchen sink with 2 of your or all 5 of you on your triP?

im not to sure if hte wife and i could handle that by ourselfs when we go, but i might give it the o college try.
it was! oh, goodness, no! ray and i couldn't make a dent in that thing! we figured since there will be 5 of us we'd try it. i don't know if i'll ever be back at disney with 5 people again so this is our chance! and we have a 4 year old with us - you know how they are about ice cream! hopefully he'll be a big help.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #762
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i wanted to share this with erica and i figured this was the best place to do it.

we went out to dinner saturday night for a friend's birthday and i asked ray to check the vandy/florida score on his iphone for me. this was my reaction when i saw the score - anna happened to capture it.

i figured only erica (and other life-long vandy fans) could appreciate that! i don't even remember what the score was at that point - just A LOT to NOTHING. if i had to guess i'd say this was around 9:30. they may have been in the 2nd quarter or so because i did see the 4th quarter once we got home. anyways, just thought you'd get a kick outta that!

gotta add it in....even though we're not doing all that great now....

GO VANDY!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #763
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Chefs looks so great! I am a lover of all things French! I have been to Disney about 8 times and I don't ever remember the library...I'll have to make sure to hit it the next time.
Love the Vandy reaction! I have a friend who just finished up her PhD there. When I saw the score, I left a message on her facebook wall asking what happened! I am a Boston College girl myself...I have come to accept the inevitable CHOKE!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #764
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
check the vandy/florida score on his iphone for me. this was my reaction when i saw the score - anna happened to capture it.

I obviously didn't tell you my guess at the score for the last few weeks......70-7 was my pick and it was 35-0 at the half so we were half way there but it didn't end up that bad......42-14 I think...but like a friend reminded me....UF beat UK 63-5 and we head there Sat. Just need that freakin' 6th win!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't commented yet on your updates but they look awesome and THANK YOU!! I will be back soon to do so!

G'night I'm off to bed!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #765
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Don't sweat it, Vandy Girls!! Us Auburn fans are having a crappy season of our own! It's not easy watching Alabama ROLL over everyone in the S.E.C.

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: