Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #151
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Hey girls! Just now catching up. We had a blast at Disney on Ice and are in the process of posting. Brooklynn completely spazzed out when Mickey and Minnie drove out in their car. We will be there 3 weeks from today! We also saw the Grizzly River Rampage rocks today! I'm with you guys who needs another stupid mall bring back Opryland!
JILL!!!!! I'm so glad you are here! Glad you guys had a good time at Ice. The Grizzly Rocks make me and at the same time. Last time I went over there and walked them. You can walk right up to that gate that used to be in the line peek in there and you can see where the concrete pillars are where the boats loaded. I'm SO surprised they have kept that area that way it is SO trashy looking! Then you can walk over towards the hotel and walk the whole trail beside the ride. You can see all the way down to the cave. I've always wondered if the bear is still in there, although they had taken it out for several years anyway. Oh well, lots of memories there for a lot of us . I think if it had been run down and crappy I might could have taken it better but they just closed it. No questions, no petitions, just shut it down and really hurt the city. I'm sure there are a lot of people that wish that dang mall hadn't come

Wow! Now that was a rant.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
hello! I'm here! I'm glad its still in the early stages so i wasnt too far behind therefore i managed to get all caught up...(although for a second i didnt think i would be able to post my reply cause it kept kicking me off ) cant wait to read more
Princess I'm glad to see you made it over here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieNJkitty View Post
Hi, just wanted to say I really enjoyed your last trip report! You are so much fun! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your new adventure!
Thanks there is definitely a lot more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I havn't seen One Man's Dream either. We had a list of must see and it didn't make the cut, the last few times. I will go next year and probably cry twice. Once when I see the castle and during that movie. My DS14 will make fun of me for sure. He of course is too cool to cry. I never knew such wonderful things were inside. Thanks for showing me something new!
Yes you will definitely have to add that to your list and with TStory being right there it's easy to get a FP and then go to the Museum for awhile (depending on the wait)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdarrell View Post
Loving everyword of your TR and laughing all through it.

Keep the pictures and report coming
Thanks vdarrell.....MANY more pictures to come I promise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I officially added it to my "Want-to-Do-Next-Time" list earlier today!

You are right, I know I would tear up! I even tear up during the movie montage at the end of the Great Movie Ride!
Definitely!! and yes you will tear up

Oh and the Wilderness Lodge ROCKS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I'm on board & can't wait for the next update. Great report so far!!
Thanks and

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
You should check out this website I found last weekend (this was after I went to the mall and got nostalgic after seeing the rocks).

http://www.thrillhunter.com/Opryland.html

There are some really cool pictures on here of all of the rides and some video clips too. Oh, and you'll love the 80's hairdo's

I work in the labs in the Vanderbilt Clinic as a medical transcriptionist

And Vandy won!!!

Maybe all of us locals/Opryland mourners could have a dis meet sometime
I'm with you guys though. I would be more than happy to drive out to Cool Springs to the Disney Store if they'd kept Opryland!
That is a great website I think I have sent that to Dawn before.

I might have to ask you some ???'s about med. transcription b/c I've been interested in that before, but I do LOVE my job right now

YES!!! My 'DORES WON!!! 3-0 BABY!!!

I used to work at the CS Disney store!

A Nashvegas dis meet would be fun

Now I'm off to bed
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #152
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post

Definitely!! and yes you will tear up

Oh and the Wilderness Lodge ROCKS!!!!
We have never gone to take a look at WL before -- we should at least go explore it on the next trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #153
Mrs. Pookie
I will always be a California girl at heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post

opryland was a themepark in nashville where erica and i both grew up. we both have LOTS of memories of that place! they had an attraction very similar to the picture called the grizzly river rampage. VERY similar names, huh?

Wow, that is similar! Did it have a bear shaped mountain too?
Sept./Oct. 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
Dec. 2008 - Pop Century
*Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort*

Old 09-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #154
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Pookie View Post
Wow, that is similar! Did it have a bear shaped mountain too?
No but it had a cave you went through that had a bear in it. At the beginning the bear had a strobe light on it, then the light went away, then the bear went away

They put the bear back in and then took it out again and I can't remember if it ever went back. But I LOVED that ride and would stand in line for HOURS to ride it.

Nothing better on a hot sunny day....getting drenched on the Grizzly and then heading to the state fair area and riding the swings!
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!

MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 09-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #155
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I miss opryland also, living north of Atlanta my husband and I would visit at least one weekend a summer and stay at the Opryland Hotel. It was a quick weekend getaway. I not only loved the rides but the music and the shows also. We saw Alabama, Lee Greenwood, and George Jones while visiting Opryland over three different summers. I believe Nashville lost part of the tourist trade when Opryland closed. I love to shop, but will not travel to Nashville to go to a Mall. Rant over.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 09-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #156
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

I sure feel welcomed!

I bet if i actually knew what (or been to) OpryLand was i'd rather have that than another mall!
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 09-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #157
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

hey ladies!!! I am back from the beach and just started on your report!!! Good start!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #158
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I miss opryland also, living north of Atlanta my husband and I would visit at least one weekend a summer and stay at the Opryland Hotel. It was a quick weekend getaway. I not only loved the rides but the music and the shows also. We saw Alabama, Lee Greenwood, and George Jones while visiting Opryland over three different summers. I believe Nashville lost part of the tourist trade when Opryland closed. I love to shop, but will not travel to Nashville to go to a Mall. Rant over.
I wouldn't drive here to go to that Mall either.

The really bad thing about the craziness of Opryland closing is the people that came to Fan Fair that next summer didn't know the park was closed. They had admission tickets and everything it was crazy!!

Ok....I must get off but there is always more that I think of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
I sure feel welcomed!

I bet if i actually knew what (or been to) OpryLand was i'd rather have that than another mall!
You would

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
hey ladies!!! I am back from the beach and just started on your report!!! Good start!!!!
Hope you had a great time about to post another update
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #159
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

**Disclaimer** Photobucket is doing CRAZY weird things and it is making me
I don't have a picture to look at, so I'm having to look back and my pictures to know which one I'm posting. It won't copy the code/link when I click on it. Sometimes the picture shows in the post and sometimes it doesn't. So I'm sorry I feel like you guys aren't going to get a good Block Party Bash. I haven't even used half of my pics and it has taken me FOREVER to do!!!
I feel like I'm going to !!

On to the Block Party!!!!
These kids were sitting beside us and when these guys came along before the parade they were having a BLAST with the bubbles!!

MR TATER HEAD!!

A MichaelSulley for Brooklynn

And they were RIGHT in front of us!!

I thought this girl was SO cute!! And just have to add I felt SO sorry for these guys in this parade. It was SO friggin' hot!!!

Next Post
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=160
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!

Last edited by VandyFan10; 11-16-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #160
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

These guys were cool

This girl was AWESOME!

Then they started moving......Party was over

It's bug time!!

I LOVED this parade. It was SO much fun and great to have those people bouncing around in front of you the whole time!!

Now here's hoping Photobucket won't screw up the rest of the TR

Do any of you use another program/site to upload your pics??

Next Post
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=170
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!

Last edited by VandyFan10; 11-16-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #161
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

HOLY MOLY - In spite of your issues with photobucket, your pictures are awesome!

We have yet to see the Block Party parade; it looks like alot fun! Love the picture of "Boo" from Monsters Inc. - she's so cute!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #162
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

It was great seeing your Block Party photos. When we were there Fay was causing problems so we only got to see a shortened rainy day version of it.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #163
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Hey Ladies! I think Photobucket HATES me!!!! So I'm getting offline!!! AHHHH!!!!!

Please let me know if you got to the dinner at Boma yet, so I can share a story and a pic or two - that is, if PHOTOBUCKET ALLOWS MEEE!!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #164
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! That parade is definitely colorful. I know what you mean about feeling sorry for those guys having to perform in that heat. I guess they just get used to it.

I'll be sure to show Brooklynn your MichaelSulley picture next time she's here.

I need to get me some of those springy-jumpy things. Maybe I could get rid of about thirty pounds if I jumped around on those things for a while!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #165
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! Speaking of the heat in the parade, I was talking to a friend of mine who's a cast member along with her sister. Her sister participates in the parades, and my friend was telling me that while Disney can do a little with the heat when the characters go out for signings (i.e. stand out for 20 minutes instead of 40), there is obviously nothing that can be done for the parades, and they are just brutal for the characters participating in them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: