Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #136
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Awww Dawn - your baby picture is so cute!

Thanks for sharing the pix of "One Man's Dream". Count us someone else who's never been into that exhibit. Your pictures have now given me the incentive to check it out!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #137
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
mom said she used to have to pull my rolls of fat apart to clean the dirt after i'd go outside to play. wanna see???

Dawn you were so cute. My family always says the more rolls the better

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #138
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

See, I knew you would give me ideas for the next trip! Can you believe that we have never been through One Man's Dream??? We will be next trip!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #139
Mrs. Pookie
I will always be a California girl at heart.

Not sure if this is Kali or which park this ride is from but was always one of my faves at Opryland!!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I don't know what Opryland is, but that is a mini version of Grizzly River Run from Disney's California Adventure.
Sept./Oct. 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
Dec. 2008 - Pop Century
*Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort*

Old 09-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #140
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great One Man's Dream pictures - one of my favorite attractions at DHS!

Cute baby pic Dawn! Adorable!

Did a frog really pee on Erica's hand?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #141
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Hey girls! Just now catching up. We had a blast at Disney on Ice and are in the process of posting. Brooklynn completely spazzed out when Mickey and Minnie drove out in their car. We will be there 3 weeks from today! We also saw the Grizzly River Rampage rocks today! I'm with you guys who needs another stupid mall bring back Opryland!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #142
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

hello! I'm here! I'm glad its still in the early stages so i wasnt too far behind therefore i managed to get all caught up...(although for a second i didnt think i would be able to post my reply cause it kept kicking me off ) cant wait to read more
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 09-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #143
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
We really liked One Man's Dream as well. Great pictures!
i love that attraction. it really shows you how hard disney worked to create all that he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Awww Dawn - your baby picture is so cute!

Thanks for sharing the pix of "One Man's Dream". Count us someone else who's never been into that exhibit. Your pictures have now given me the incentive to check it out!
i can't believe you've never done it! but that's the beauty of disney world - there's enough stuff there that you can always do something new every trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Dawn you were so cute. My family always says the more rolls the better
i agree. i LOVE fat babies!!!!! they're so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
See, I knew you would give me ideas for the next trip! Can you believe that we have never been through One Man's Dream??? We will be next trip!
you would love it. and from what i know of you, you'll tear up in the movie like i always do! especially at the end. it always chokes me up to know that disney never saw the opening of disney world. but i'm sure he was in heaven smiling down on us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Pookie View Post
I don't know what Opryland is, but that is a mini version of Grizzly River Run from Disney's California Adventure.
opryland was a themepark in nashville where erica and i both grew up. we both have LOTS of memories of that place! they had an attraction very similar to the picture called the grizzly river rampage. VERY similar names, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
Did a frog really pee on Erica's hand?
um........nope. but i will reveal no more! you'll have to wait 'til we get to our friday night update to see what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Hey girls! Just now catching up. We had a blast at Disney on Ice and are in the process of posting. Brooklynn completely spazzed out when Mickey and Minnie drove out in their car. We will be there 3 weeks from today! We also saw the Grizzly River Rampage rocks today! I'm with you guys who needs another stupid mall bring back Opryland!
so cute about brooklyn spazzing out! she knows her mickey mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
hello! I'm here! I'm glad its still in the early stages so i wasnt too far behind therefore i managed to get all caught up...(although for a second i didnt think i would be able to post my reply cause it kept kicking me off ) cant wait to read more
thanks for joining in the fun!!! the dis was acting weird for me this morning too.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #144
marieNJkitty
Mouseketeer

Hi, just wanted to say I really enjoyed your last trip report! You are so much fun! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your new adventure!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #145
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

I havn't seen One Man's Dream either. We had a list of must see and it didn't make the cut, the last few times. I will go next year and probably cry twice. Once when I see the castle and during that movie. My DS14 will make fun of me for sure. He of course is too cool to cry. I never knew such wonderful things were inside. Thanks for showing me something new!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #146
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Quote:
i got that nickname because when i was a baby i was so fat that my grandpa and uncle told my mom i looked like a little pumpkin. so it just kinda stuck and the "tennessee" version of that word is punkin.

mom said she used to have to pull my rolls of fat apart to clean the dirt after i'd go outside to play. wanna see???
Your picture is SO cute!

My DH was reading a Stephen King book late in my pregnancy and was finishing it up right around the time DD was born. There was a little girl in the book with the nickname "Pie" so DH called DD that when she was first born. When she was 2 months old we celebrated her first halloween and we dressed her up as a pumpkin so her nickname morphed from Pie > Pumpkin Pie > Punkin Pie > Punkin. And that's what has stuck for the past 11 years. We call her Punkin more than by her own name (Emily). On our EPCOT tombstone, uh, I mean Leave a Legacy tile we have my first name and DH's first name and he insisted we put Punkin instead of Emily. That'll be funny when she goes to EPCOT with her grandkids and they'll be like "Who's Punkin??".

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013 / Grand Floridian: Oct 2014
Planning Next Trip: Polynesian: Oct 2015
Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #147
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

Loving everyword of your TR and laughing all through it.

Loved the baby picture and story behind the name.

I had been to One Man's Dream a long time ago when we took the kids and wasn't really planning on doing it this time but was amazed at how it has changed I will definetly see it this time. Thanks for sharing the pic of it.

Keep the pictures and report coming
Old 09-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #148
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you would love it. and from what i know of you, you'll tear up in the movie like i always do! especially at the end. it always chokes me up to know that disney never saw the opening of disney world. but i'm sure he was in heaven smiling down on us!
I officially added it to my "Want-to-Do-Next-Time" list earlier today!

You are right, I know I would tear up! I even tear up during the movie montage at the end of the Great Movie Ride!

Chelsea and I always comment on how sad it was that Disney didn't see WDW open.

Oh, I wanted to tell you, Dawn, that we tried Ted's Montana Grill last weekend -- we loved it -- even the kids although Chelsea was a little freaked out by the bison head on the wall! We liked the decor so much, we decided we should add the Wilderness Lodge to our list of resorts! Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #149
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I'm on board & can't wait for the next update. Great report so far!!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #150
walkerag
DIS Veteran

You should check out this website I found last weekend (this was after I went to the mall and got nostalgic after seeing the rocks).

http://www.thrillhunter.com/Opryland.html

There are some really cool pictures on here of all of the rides and some video clips too. Oh, and you'll love the 80's hairdo's

I work in the labs in the Vanderbilt Clinic as a medical transcriptionist

And Vandy won!!!

Maybe all of us locals/Opryland mourners could have a dis meet sometime
I'm with you guys though. I would be more than happy to drive out to Cool Springs to the Disney Store if they'd kept Opryland!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: