Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #15 /Life After the PC

I know everyone is not finished posting so here we go.

From the previous thread.

Welcome aboard the latest incarnation of this thread!

The old thread broken up
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Posts 1-2996 and 77958 - 82220
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 2 Posts 2997 - 7993
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 3 Posts 7994 - 12990
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 4 Posts 12991 - 17988
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 5 Posts 17989 - 22986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 6 Posts 22987 - 27986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 7 Posts 22987 - 32986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 8 Posts 32987 - 37986
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 9 Posts 37987 - 42984
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 10 Posts 42985 - 47984
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 11 Posts 47985 - 52966
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 12 Posts 52967 - 57965
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 13 Posts 57966 - 62965
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 14 Posts 62966 - 67963
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 15 Posts 67964 - 72957
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 16 Posts 72958 - 77957
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 17 Posts 77958 - 82955
8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC - Part 18 Posts 82956 - 83107
The new threads
#2/#19 thread 83108 - 86900
#3/#20 thread 86901 - 90515
#4/#21 thread 90516 - 94271
#5/#22 thread 94272 - 98011
#6/#23 98012 - 101754
#7/#24
#8/#25
#9/#26
#10/#27
#11/#28
#12/#29

There is a kids thread

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads

Last edited by lbgraves; 09-06-2008 at 11:38 PM.
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
cruisin'Mike
Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

Thanks Lisa.

I was going to tell you about the sail away picture from the tracking thread, but it sounds like you already have it. I noticed Bobby right away.

Last edited by cruisin'Mike; 09-13-2008 at 07:19 PM.
cruisin'Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
captaincrash
!!!Surrender over yer LOOT!!!!
Takes 1,647,924 cruise pictures per day

Wow... I get to post #3...

I'll edit in stuff from the prior thread now...

Quote:

There is no doubt in my mind that there were thieves lurking on the Magic as Fincantieri was one of the folks who said he did not get one when we were on the boat and I absolutely remember delivering it to his room - we dined right next to each other, live near each other, and I remember telling my DD (who delivered the FE gifts w me) that it was their room (as my DDs adore his DDs). There was no way I forgot his room.

Not to throw accusations out there - but I think there was some anomosity from folks from a competing board... and the STs were in full representation...

I delivered the FE to all the rooms on the afternoonon our first sea day. I will note those that say they did not receive my FE gift and I will PM you when I get my hands on some Panama stamps... Let me do an inventory of my other country stamps to see which one is my next fewest... but I think I should have at least 10-15 of all the other countries - I am sure I can score a dozen Panama stamps on ebay for a couple of bucks.
Who knows SIL? I think it was mostly young folks or pranksters. Having met some of the folks from the other board - I thought they were quite decent sorts. Nothing to really to raise an eyebrow from ME. Frankly, I've heard of so much gossip and comment aside - that it makes me wonder a bit about some of the folks who are normal looking here amongst us. IE, some rumors I heard before the cruise seem to have been proven afterwards. Gee... is the muck rucking?

Seriously... in the end ... who knows if this or that is this or that after all? All I realy know is I am who and what I am... and I mean no harm or foulness to anyone. I'm here to visit ... post a few fun or mildly interesting images ... and on rare occassion I'll even post a bit of dribble too. In the end ... if someone out there gets a chuckle out of something I tossed in - then I am a bit happier at the end of the day. It would be nice I think if everyone wanted to just share chuckles and silent grinnin' moments too, eh?

OK... lets see what else I can quote from the other thread before it fades into the great abyss....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGraves
As nicely as I can, please let's not do this. There is no need to fuel any anomosity. I have to say that I actually met some of those who aren't on the DIS and admit that I was surprised...no, more likely shocked...to find that they were nothing like I had imagined or dreaded.

I met quite a few people the last couple days...and even outside the terminal waiting for DH to return with the rental car...who had not heard of the DIS or any other board until the cruise and were excited about the possibility of being part of a group and participating in their next cruise more like they had witnessed on the ship. Some people don't like that kind of planning. To each his own. This was the first cruise where my family didn't have a list of activities to attend each day and I have to admit that as anti-social as it might sound I enjoyed that for a change. It was just what we needed as a family. This allowed DS to make some friends who I didn't even know before the cruise because he had the time to do so.

I have read comments that people think the decorated doors are gaudy and even a hazard. LOL! Then you have others ... like Aly & AJ ... who comment that they think it is really "cool" that people do that. This isn't the first cruise where door magnets or FE gifts have disappeared, unfortunately. People are going to have differing views and opinions. As annoying as some of the things that happened on the cruise were, try not to let them sour the experience.

I have been majorly upset with myself about losing one of our SD cards. I have no pictures from getting on the bus 8/17 to before our Palo dinner 8/25. Since we were not alone on the ship, I am getting pictures...some really great ones of our family actually...from others who were with us or happened to recognize us and took a picture. Having that picture of us taken from the shore leaving LA is priceless and totally unexpected. My DS told me not to be upset with myself about that and it is great that we have the pictures of us on the new continent so he can share them with his class. DD's favorite thing was horseback riding in Aruba so they are happy...I should be too.
Lisa ... this was nicely put. And on the point of the memory card... I'm totally sympathetic. I lost a bunch of pictures from a past Disney sailing... my microdrive crashed from a huge static shock I randomly picked up. Such a pain. AND on the door decorations... I began with a fairly simple door decoration arrangement ... and I think I ended up wiuth a lot of memorable magnets and magnetic things added. (special thanks to Laura for your "Family" magnet"). SO on the thought that some think the door decorations are cool... and others who think it's silly.... I think every person they shall have thier opinions... and being actually the FIRST TIME we ever decorated our door ... I really enjoied it! I've only done the FE thing twice now... and each time I've found it to be a better experience and I've stepped up my involvement with giving too!

Last edited by captaincrash; 09-07-2008 at 12:20 AM.
captaincrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Well I should think we're not done posting. LOL Let's see we still have a thread for the blabbermouths cruise 2.5yrs later! This thread won't shut up soon, I'm sure.

Quote:
am the Queen of procrastination and dh is the King.
We moved in Feb. -- we lived in the other house for 17yrs and I thought it was our *forever* house. It was packed to the gills (both attics, garage & all 4 bdrms.....) with our stuff. Dh decided to we needed a new house and BAM we bought a new house! LOL! I never had time to even think about packing, moving, etc...it just happened! LOL!
We sold the house right before we left for the cruise. And now we have to get all of our stuff out of the house -- actually dh made a deal that we only *have* to take the stuff we want and the new owners have to get rid of everything else......
It's tough for me since I want ALL of my stuff! LOL! Dh did tell me today that this house has really nice floored attic space and he wouldn't mind putting everything I want in there for now.
Oh Stephanie... sorry. I did know you had moved awhile back but just wasn't thinking and thought OMG she moved again? where to? hopefully not further away! LOL
I totally understand and know what you mean about wanting to keep everything! More attic space in this house made me want to take everything too hehe
(I may give you a run for your money on that queen of procrastination title though. we'll see who ends up getting completely unpacked first. For this cruise I had ONE carryon bag STILL UNPACKED from the last cruise 2.5yrs ago! Granted it was set aside in a closet and forgotten- but still that's not the point. I actually had a bag from the last cruise still not unpacked 2.5yrs later. Crazy huh? LOL It wasn't clothes or necessary items obviously LOL)
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)

*PDFG*
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
RRBB
I think I'm in the mood for Tonga Toast
You're really corrupting our little dragon!
I could use a relaxing dip in a chocolate hot tub

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves
I have been majorly upset with myself about losing one of our SD cards.
Oh, I'd be totally upset too. Hopefully it will turn up, though.

My camera broke the night before we hit Castaway Cay. I think it got too much sand and salt in it when we were in Cabo. (It's a waterproof so I thought nothing of taking it to the beach/in the water. Guess I should have at least protected it from the rough waves.) Luckily I thought to bring our old water camera, even though it's not as good, so we didn't miss anything the last day of the cruise - or the couple days after at WDW.

<--- CLICK HERE!

Robin

Sep-08 VAKL: 2 nights (DVC) ~Aug-08 Magic 15-day EB Repo Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-07 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-06 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-06 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-05 SSR: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-04 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ May-04 VWL: 9 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-03 GC: 4 nights ~ May-03 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-03 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Jan-03 BCV: 3 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-02 Polynesian: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Royal Pacific Resort: 3 nights ~ Apr-02 BWV: 7 nights (DVC) ~ Hard Rock Hotel: 1 night ~ Oct-01 Magic 7-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-00 OKW: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-00 Wonder 3-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Apr-99 Contempory: 4 nights ~ Feb-99 OKW: 2 nights ~ Aug-98 GF: 3 nights
RRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Happy to see that I won't have to go thru DIS Withdrawl! Thanks Lisa!!!

Last edited by dahuffy; 09-07-2008 at 12:48 AM.
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #7
M<3'sMickey
Hi. My name's Melissa and I'm a Disneyaholic.
Umm, yes please, I'd like to order one Jon Bon Jovi with a side order of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

In regards to the door decorations, which I did too because it's cool and it helped identify which room was mine, while I was in the room one day, I heard kids passing by and one girl said that she loved that people decorated the doors and that the decorated doors made her happy. I thought it was funny and I'm sure that on the next cruise, her door will be decorated too.

We didn't have anything stolen off of our door, but people did keep writing random things on our dry erase board, which annoyed my sister to no end, though I don't know why.

I'm a victim of antenna topper theft. A few years ago, when I went to the Disney Store in San Francisco, I bought a Mickey antenna topper. I was so excited to put it on my Wrangler, and it was there for a few days, until I parked it at the mall and then it was gone. I was really upset for a multitude of reasons, the two major ones being I couldn't find it being sold anywhere and the other being why was someone touching my car?!?!

M<3'sMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #8
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Mike, Kevin wanted me to ask "How is Linda's sunburn?"
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #9
arlenesp
Silly me, I thought paper was for the 1st
I need to get back to straightening. Yeah right!

Sil, I got the card at the very beginning. Loved it. Thought I had lost it but found it yesterday. Great.
Never did get the gnome. I had seen it but I was in the front past the forward elevator and I think this is why we didn't get anything taken of the door. Everytime I heard something being put in the FE I opened the door to get it, and that is probably why the gnome never made it down my way.
Sept 2004 First Wonder cruise with Hurricane Jeanne,Jan 2005 Wonder,Sept 2005 Wonder, Dec 2006 Wonder, Capt Jacks EB PC Repo Aug 08, Sept 25 2011 Dream, Sept 19 2014 3 day, July 14 2014 Cruising with the Pirates to Alaska
arlenesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #10
cruisin'Mike
Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
Mike, Kevin wanted me to ask "How is Linda's sunburn?"
She's much better, but hasn't started peeling yet. Thanks for the Noxema!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard from MaineJennifer
Her DM got sick while on the TOAL and they had to leave early
I know she was stable when they left and they were mostly being cautious, but I haven't seen her post yet. I hoping everything turned out ok
They were great tablemates.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
AndyR
DIS Veteran

Just a post to subsribe. Still uploading pics to the Smugmug site.

Andy
2008 Mar DL Repo Mini Meet, Aug Captain Jack's Panama EB Repo
2009 Feb Contemporary (DSIL gets's married @ Grand Floridian), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Mar - Disneyland, Jul - Boardwalk
2010 Mar AKL - Sept Grand Californian, Nov Grand Californian
2011 Jan Boardwalk & Dream Maiden Voyage, DL March, Apr GCH, June, GCH, Aug - Bay Lake Tower, Oct Wonder 7nt MR
2012 June - Panama Pirate Reunion on Fantasy - There's the Jack I know....
2013 April - Tokyo Disney, August - Aulani, Sept - Disneyland, Oct - Disneyland MHP, Dec - Grand Cali.
2014 Mar - GCH, July DCL Alaska, Aug - GCH, Sept - PPH, Oct DCL Magic B2B Southern & Repo

AndyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Nutty4Disney
DIS Veteran

Missing the Magic

I have to get back on smugmug to see all the pictures. I am about half way through editing my photos. We didn't book onboard and when we got home I told DH I wish we had and he said "why didn't we?" I thought he was the one that didn't want to! Oh well it won't stop us from cruising again, but it might be a few years.

I got my post card yesterday too. I was surprised it wasn't postmarked. That is the only reason I sent one. Oh well at least I that the Panama Canal stamp. I really enjoyed the card with all the stamps. Great idea and one of the many wonderful FE gifts.
Land/Sea 2000 & 2004; All Star Movies 2006; Coronado Springs/Port Orleans 2007; EB PC Cruise 2008; POP Century 2009; AKV 2010/2011, VWL 2011;BLT, BWV & Fantasy 2012; AKV 2013; Wonder to Alaska 2014; Dream Member Cruise 2015
Nutty4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #14
AndyR
DIS Veteran

Here's the two pics of the Escaping Moms doors' as requested. Larger versions are over on the Smugmug site under AndyR's pics on the 21st (2nd Sea Day).

Andy
2008 Mar DL Repo Mini Meet, Aug Captain Jack's Panama EB Repo
2009 Feb Contemporary (DSIL gets's married @ Grand Floridian), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Mar - Disneyland, Jul - Boardwalk
2010 Mar AKL - Sept Grand Californian, Nov Grand Californian
2011 Jan Boardwalk & Dream Maiden Voyage, DL March, Apr GCH, June, GCH, Aug - Bay Lake Tower, Oct Wonder 7nt MR
2012 June - Panama Pirate Reunion on Fantasy - There's the Jack I know....
2013 April - Tokyo Disney, August - Aulani, Sept - Disneyland, Oct - Disneyland MHP, Dec - Grand Cali.
2014 Mar - GCH, July DCL Alaska, Aug - GCH, Sept - PPH, Oct DCL Magic B2B Southern & Repo

Last edited by AndyR; 09-07-2008 at 10:20 AM.
AndyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #15
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRBB View Post
Oh, I'd be totally upset too. Hopefully it will turn up, though.

My camera broke the night before we hit Castaway Cay. I think it got too much sand and salt in it when we were in Cabo. (It's a waterproof so I thought nothing of taking it to the beach/in the water. Guess I should have at least protected it from the rough waves.) Luckily I thought to bring our old water camera, even though it's not as good, so we didn't miss anything the last day of the cruise - or the couple days after at WDW.
Been there done that. Last cruise DH rode a bike out to the end of the adult beach area and was taking pictures on the rocks...with our Kodak nonwaterproof camera...and dropped it in the water. He got it back and the card was fine but the camera was shot. I got the Kodak with video to replace it. We had the older back up for pictures at least that night and the next day getting off the ship.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: