Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #46
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Now lets talk spa...or rather I died and went to heaven! I arrived 15 minutes early but that was ok because my masseuer took me early and spent the extra 15 minutes on me.

The Mandara Spa is unlike any other....when you enter the spa itself there is a huge relaxation, waiting room with hot tea, citrus water, large cushioned benches. The ladies lounge has 3 showers, 2 small and 1 huge, all kinds of toiletries for you to use, private toilets, lots of lockers, huge robes, flip flops, more citrus water, and a steam room..I used it all and I was the only one there, never saw another person.

Ok lets get a bit TO MUCH INFO but I did skin to the wind, nothing but a robe babe, I was ready for this stone massage!

I went to wait for John, holy crap you guys have got to ask for John he works Sun, Mon and Tues only. He is also a physical therapist. He asked where my problems were, he said he could tell it was my shoulders and neck because I was all bunched up, also my lower back kills me from sitting in a desk all the time. He decided to do a stone physical therapy massage and the boy got into knots and tense areas that I never knew existed...I was in a good pain mode, the kind where you know that is the spot and it hurts but you want them to work out the kink. THe hot stones were incredible, he lays them on the back and then kneads them into the muscle....oh my it was terrific. 90 minutes of this and I still wanted more, he massaged from my toes to my head, the ears, the hands ...EVERYTHING!

When he was done I was reeling with relaxation, my body felt like Jello and he made me drink 2 glasses of water to help get the toxins out of my body.

Then I went to see Kristen for my Tri Enzyme Resurfacing Facial for 60 minutes..it lightened my face, removed the dark circles and smoothed out my entire face, I was glowing all night long and DH could not get over it! She also massaged my neck, back, head, shoulders, arms and hands.

After my bliss was over I went to the temple, another room where they do pedicures and manis, gorgeous huge room with ice tea, hot tea etc and a view of the water. Relaxed there for a bit and then took a shower...DH had called and said he was back at the resort so I went to go pick him up for dinner.

When I was paying they offered me the products that were used on me, a 5 piece facial set and massage oil with healing items in it....total cost was $700 for these 6 times...I said Uh No, DH didnt give me that much moolah.....

MY GOODNESS that was ridiculous and that was with 20% off....the mark up is insane...and to add insult to injury the facial items read
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #47
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

Me & the DH Love the GF SPA
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #48
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

Got my wife a suprise 1 hour massage at CSR for her birthday on our last trip in 08. She said it was great, sorry I dont recall the name of the MT.
by the by, I loved it too, the kids swam in the quite pool where the spa is located and I napped in the shade by the pool. All 4 of us had a great experience.

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #49
momom
Mouse Lover

My 11 year old daughter and I would like to get a massage at the Beach Club when we go in July. Does anyone know the age requirement there? I have had a massage there several times, but did not notice. She and I have done massages at the GF since they have the "My First Massage" but it would be really nice not to have to travel so far. Any help would be really appreciated.
6/1999-Wyndham Resort-Downtown Disney 6/2000-offsite 6/2001-Beach Club 7/2003-Beach Club 7/2005-Animal Kingdom Lodge 7/2006-Beach Club 7/2007-Beach Club 7/2008-Wilderness Lodge 7/2009-Beach Club 7/2010-Poly 7/2013-Beach Club

momom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #50
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

We're going to be on a real tight budget but I'd thought maybe to treat myself to the basic massage. Do you really feel special and relaxed from it?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #51
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

We were thinking about going to AKL for a massage and then dinner at BOMA. But before our massage, I thought that we could go for a swim in the pool to help relax-after all swimming is fittness! Is that allowed? We would not be guests at that resort. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #52
Cdn Gal
DIS Veteran

Update: I called AKL and asked if it was possible if we check into our appointment early so we could go swimming and they said YES no problem. So now I just have to figure out our dining reservations and work our way backward! Very excited to spend the day with my DH!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #53
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

a little bump to ths tread

can someone tell me when i should make my reservation i i want to go in late august
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #54
SWAMPBO
Earning My Ears

has anybody had the tired leg massage? wondering if it was worth the $45 for 25 minutes...
SWAMPBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #55
toodycat
DIS Veteran

We're doing a second honeymoon at AKL this summer. This is a huge deal for us as we usually travel with DS, who has mild autism. He is a lovely boy, but there is still a fair amount of WDW we have not experienced because of his aversion to loud noises. For example, I've been WDW about 11 times, including off site and I've still never seen "Fantasmic" in its entirety or gone on "Tower of Terror." This is our trip to do and see all the stuff we've missed. Anyway, my question is: what is the most romantic couples spa treatment you've had at WDW? Thanks.
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #56
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever had a facial at the GF? I've never had one before, and I can choose between the CR, WL and GF.
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #57
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Grand Floridian Spa for Men

What's good for men? On our next trip, DW and I would like some kind of spa treatment.

I'd like something different than a regular massage that I've had before.... but I don't know anything about spa stuff. Help! Here's some of the things on the menu that sound interesting on the web site - http://www.relaxedyet.com/gf_treatments.asp

Aurum Manus Massage
Citrus Zest Therapy
Aromatherapy Massage
Aromatherapy Massage and Body Wrap
Sports Massage
Gentlemen's Facial
Paraffin Treatment for Hands and Feet

What are the water therapies and soaks... am I missing something... or would it be cheaper to just get some nice bath oil or salts and put it in my own tub at home -- I have a jet air massage tub by bain ultra. It is a mighty awesome tub if you have never heard of it. http://www.bainultra.com/web/wcm/con...roducts/baths/
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #58
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if Rachael R still works as a massage therapist for Disney?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #59
Planecrazy4dis
"This is no longer a vacation...It's a quest for fun...Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah" Clark Griswold

I'm planning my next trip in April. Any good spa experiences lately? I don't know if Rachel works at WDW anymore. Can anyone recommend another massage therapist?
Planecrazy4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #60
Princess97
Earning My Ears

Great Massage Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planecrazy4dis View Post
I'm planning my next trip in April. Any good spa experiences lately? I don't know if Rachel works at WDW anymore. Can anyone recommend another massage therapist?
I love Marqi (Grand Floridian Staff) now at Saratoga Springs and other rotations during the current spa renovations. I have chronic neck and upper back pain as well as migraines and the Aurum Manus Signature Massage by Marqi is the most incredible massage experience each and every time. My husband and I go to Disney several times a year and always schedule one. my physical therapist and neurologist are highly supportive of this as a great therapy.

Me : DH :

Princess97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: