Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #31
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We had a very early spa reservation at the Grand Floridian, 8am! We decided to grab some coffee, or in my case tea, and walk instead of the monorail. It was fantastic! The Princess race or something was going on and they had a bunch of characters waving to the runners...we saw Peter Pan and Wendy at one spot, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter in another and lastly was Belle and the Beast....it was so cool!

The GF spa is aaaaamazing! This was DH's first ever spa experience and after yesterday it will not be his last. We were shown to our separate dressing rooms, the ladies room had lockers, showers, the sauna, steam room and the hot tub, shampoo and the other necessities too. Nice robes, flip flops and towels too. A big bowl of oranges, water with a hint of green tea and many hot teas (organic and green) to choose from.

I met my massage therapist Amy and we met up with DH and his guy Dale, we smelled 6 different aromotherapy oils and DH picked the most popular one, a heavy antioxident one and I had the lavender vanilla.

We were led into a huge room, very dim with wonderful music and lighting. The tables were right next to each other but not too close. The techs were to die for....for me she hit all the right spots in my neck and shoulders and for DH the same plus his head. It was heaven and the time flew by!

When we were finished I said, meet back here at 10am and we will go to Chef Mickeys....take all the time you need cuz I plan on doing that too!

Back in the ladies lounge I relaxed in the sauna, the steam room, the spa, I drank soooo much water and ate and orange. Then I showered using the best Grapefruit scented shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion etc....it was the best. The shower is huge and the water comes from this humongous head up top. Little did I know DH was in the mens lounge doing the same thing!

We both walked out at the same time, we were so jelly like and relaxed and staving! I wanted to buy the shampoo and stuff but it is $100 for the set so I said forget it! We used our AP for a 10% discount too.

Cannot wait to go back here! I think in October we are going to spend our Saturday before we leave at the Saratoga Springs Spa or the Dolphin Spa for a full day treatment with wraps and facials and stuff! We enjoyed it so much that we want to do it again but for a longer time!

If you guys ever get the chance check out the GF spa, it is wonderful!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #32
MickeyNicki

Any idea why the Niki Bryan links do not work...not even on the Disney website....trying to get a service and price list for the SSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #33
PolyTigger
Earning My Ears

I am trying to get my husband to do this. His main concern is how do they keep you draped...he is concerned and kinda shy.
PolyTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyTigger View Post
I am trying to get my husband to do this. His main concern is how do they keep you draped...he is concerned and kinda shy.
DH was worried too...he wore his briefs, you have a robe on and they are totally discreet and draped him just fine
Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #35
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I was concerned about this the very first time I had a massage. They are trained in how to drape/undrape the sheet as they work on specific areas. I always have a man do me and I've never had a problem or been worried about it. Now, if he would just look like Brad Pitt or someone.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #36
Walkie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
We had a very early spa reservation at the Grand Floridian, 8am! We decided to grab some coffee, or in my case tea, and walk instead of the monorail. It was fantastic! The Princess race or something was going on and they had a bunch of characters waving to the runners...we saw Peter Pan and Wendy at one spot, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter in another and lastly was Belle and the Beast....it was so cool!

The GF spa is aaaaamazing! This was DH's first ever spa experience and after yesterday it will not be his last. We were shown to our separate dressing rooms, the ladies room had lockers, showers, the sauna, steam room and the hot tub, shampoo and the other necessities too. Nice robes, flip flops and towels too. A big bowl of oranges, water with a hint of green tea and many hot teas (organic and green) to choose from.

I met my massage therapist Amy and we met up with DH and his guy Dale, we smelled 6 different aromotherapy oils and DH picked the most popular one, a heavy antioxident one and I had the lavender vanilla.

We were led into a huge room, very dim with wonderful music and lighting. The tables were right next to each other but not too close. The techs were to die for....for me she hit all the right spots in my neck and shoulders and for DH the same plus his head. It was heaven and the time flew by!

When we were finished I said, meet back here at 10am and we will go to Chef Mickeys....take all the time you need cuz I plan on doing that too!

Back in the ladies lounge I relaxed in the sauna, the steam room, the spa, I drank soooo much water and ate and orange. Then I showered using the best Grapefruit scented shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion etc....it was the best. The shower is huge and the water comes from this humongous head up top. Little did I know DH was in the mens lounge doing the same thing!

We both walked out at the same time, we were so jelly like and relaxed and staving! I wanted to buy the shampoo and stuff but it is $100 for the set so I said forget it! We used our AP for a 10% discount too.

Cannot wait to go back here! I think in October we are going to spend our Saturday before we leave at the Saratoga Springs Spa or the Dolphin Spa for a full day treatment with wraps and facials and stuff! We enjoyed it so much that we want to do it again but for a longer time!

If you guys ever get the chance check out the GF spa, it is wonderful!
MickeyNiki, thank you so much for this detailed post! My fiance and I have been discussing getting a couples massage at GF but were unsure what all went with it - we even discussed whether we needed to go back to our resort to shower before getting the massage (we're going in August so we may be a little...how do you say...SWEATY!!). Your description sounds wonderful and I am now very excited about it.

Here's a general question for everybody out there: can you request the gender of the person who gives you the massage? For whatever reason, the fiance would rather not have a guy massage him (go figure!).
Walkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #37
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkie View Post
MickeyNiki, thank you so much for this detailed post! My fiance and I have been discussing getting a couples massage at GF but were unsure what all went with it - we even discussed whether we needed to go back to our resort to shower before getting the massage (we're going in August so we may be a little...how do you say...SWEATY!!). Your description sounds wonderful and I am now very excited about it.

Here's a general question for everybody out there: can you request the gender of the person who gives you the massage? For whatever reason, the fiance would rather not have a guy massage him (go figure!).
I am sure you can. I know that every other spa I've gone to they asked if I had a preference.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #38
rw_hadley
"Did you ever get the feeling there's something going on that we don't know about?" Fenwick from "Diner"

Can anyone compare/contrast the spas at GF and SSR?
DW and I had a couples massage at GF when we were at WDW two visits ago, and were thinking of having another couples massage when we visit in August, this time at SSR.
The Unofficial Guide seems to like the spa at SSR a little better, so we were thinking of trying that and then heading over to Downtown Disney for some shopping.
(Semi OT: how far is it and what is the best way to get from SSR to DD?)

TIA!

WDW:
June '78 - Offsite
Oct '92 - Carribean Beach Resort
Dec '96 - Wilderness Lodge
Oct/Nov '00 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
Dec '06 - Wilderness Lodge
Aug '09 - Wilderness Lodge
Mar '11 - Swan

Aug '15 - Boardwalk Villas (I hope!)
DLR:
Oct '12 - Best Western Plus Park Place Inn
rw_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #39
Treacle44
DIS Veteran

Hi does anyone know if the Spa at SSR offers a couples massage?

Thanks

April 2009 - Back to Pop!
November 2007 - 3 weeks at WDW - VWL, BCV & home to SSR

May 2006 - Pop Century
Treacle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #40
rw_hadley
"Did you ever get the feeling there's something going on that we don't know about?" Fenwick from "Diner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treacle44 View Post
Hi does anyone know if the Spa at SSR offers a couples massage?

Thanks
I was just looking at their website today, and they indeed offer it:
Couple's Relaxation Package 2 hours $400
Couple's Aromatherapy Massage 50 & 80 minutes $270/$380

WDW:
June '78 - Offsite
Oct '92 - Carribean Beach Resort
Dec '96 - Wilderness Lodge
Oct/Nov '00 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
Dec '06 - Wilderness Lodge
Aug '09 - Wilderness Lodge
Mar '11 - Swan

Aug '15 - Boardwalk Villas (I hope!)
DLR:
Oct '12 - Best Western Plus Park Place Inn
rw_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #41
Treacle44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw_hadley View Post
I was just looking at their website today, and they indeed offer it:
Couple's Relaxation Package 2 hours $400
Couple's Aromatherapy Massage 50 & 80 minutes $270/$380
Thanks for the info, but ouch!! Might treat him if he's a good boy!

April 2009 - Back to Pop!
November 2007 - 3 weeks at WDW - VWL, BCV & home to SSR

May 2006 - Pop Century
Treacle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #42
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkie View Post

Walkie, so glad the review helped...have a fantastic time!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #44
momjkm
DIS Veteran

Ok... I am going to book a massage at the WL- early evening if I can, that way ds (12) can go to the Cub's Den (and get his video game fix too!)
How do I do this? what #? or do I have to wait until I get there??

I had knee surgery on my knee about 6 weeks ago--- I tore something in it a week before I went to WDW this past disney and I was a hurting puppy in Disney--- didn't know at the time I had really hurt it--- in denial, nothing was stopping me from going to WDW...
so I am going to rationalize the $$ as "therapuetic" for my knee

Someone mentioned an AP discount? is this true? Jill
momjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #45
Leni-J
Earning My Ears

We're going down in September and staying at Bay Lake Tower. My wife would like to get her nails done (a full set, whatever that means ) and a pedicure at one of the spas/salons. Can anyone suggest where would be the best place to have this done? Would the salon at the Contemporary be good for this or would should be better off visiting one of the full spas?
Leni-J is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: